TTC 12+ Months August! :) - Page 8 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#211 of 220 Old 09-01-2006, 11:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I tested this morning and it was negative again. I've only used dollar store tests so far. This is one of those times when I wished I charted temps. I did sign up for fertility friend and I put in all my cm info to see a better idea of when I should know. Looks like I am 12 or 13 dpo today. Also, last night when I brushed and flossed my gums bled and they never do that. So more waiting and wondering...
#212 of 220 Old 09-01-2006, 12:49 PM

Surf mama-bleeding gums is a GREAT sign! It was my first with both. You know what they say...it ain't over...

croleRN- thank for sharing you HSG experience. The motrin did seem to be a good thing.

Leslie in Chicago- I hope you are munching on a nice, sweet treat. I do think diet is important, but it is a fine balance between being helpful and adding to the stress of ttc with stress about food. I say feed the major, infrequent cravings and it will help keep the other ones at bay.

fierrbugg- sorry about all the pg. people around you. It is great that you and dh are having a great time, though. That makes it sooooo much easier!

lesliesara63- So you are now in the tww? Hooray!!! I love obsessing with others!

OTMomma- It's great that the pain from that cyst is gone!! Isn't it nice to do something that has such quick results...kind of empowering, you know?

Mom to ds (7/02), dd(2/04), ds (9/07), and dd 9/09
#213 of 220 Old 09-01-2006, 01:02 PM

I'm back from the HSG. It really wasn't bad at all for me. Perhaps I kept in mind that it wouldn't be entirely comfortable, so I had prepared myself for more discomfort than it was. In any case, everything is in working order on that front.

The doctor also did a u/s to look for follies. He saw one on my right ovary that isn't ready yet, but is definately there. I go in again on Monday to check it out. I have to gush a little and say how great this dr. is. He has a relaxing presence and is very upbeat and positive (but in a realistic way). In a situation which could seem very medically driven and sterile, I felt comfortable. AND they are open on holidays?!?! Am I in Oz? As he left, he explained that he was on vacation next week and that hopefully the next time he saw me, I'd be preg. YEAH!!

I do have a quick and probably really ignorant question for you ladies. I always thought that normally a woman will produce one usable follicle a month. This follicle is then released at ovulation, etc. Is that true-just the one follie part? It just seems odd that I had a follicle at the end of my last cycle and one so early in this cycle (I'm cd 7). Do we produce follicles all through the cycle and our hormones just decide which one gets released. I thought I had this all down, but now I'm confused. Thanks for clearing it up for me.

Mom to ds (7/02), dd(2/04), ds (9/07), and dd 9/09
#214 of 220 Old 09-01-2006, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter

Sky- so glad that the HSG wasn't bad and all looked good. Also awsome to hear that your dr is so great! That is wonderful! I think if I understand correctly that lots of eggs attempt to mature each cycle, and how far they go depends on the individual, but usually the body only picks the best one (or 2 in twins) to release. Clear as mud?

Heather- The book actually has a test you take to determine exactly which foods you as an individual should eat/avoid. I have quit eating wheat/white flour, all dairy (OK, I still cheat and have a little butter), and sugar (OK, cut back, didn't make it to quit). It also recommended that I eat 1-3 servings of animal protien, eggs, fish or meat daily. However, for those with endometriosis it recommends becoming a vegan, I believe. There are pretty good reviews of the book on amazon, and I have a long thread on it in Infertility.

Surf- : Things still sound good.

Leslie in c- Any time, honey.

Tiara- So glad things are so good with your DH!

I haven't been able to breath through my nose the last 2 days so I haven't been able to temp. Its annoying because I had just gotten used to doing it again! Oh, well. Maybe tomorrow.

Laura, Mama to Mya 7/02, Ian 6/07 and Anna 8/09
#215 of 220 Old 09-01-2006, 01:51 PM

I'm still here

This is a really busy time for me because everything in the garden is ripening and I have to pick it, prepare it and freeze it. I also do some canning so it feels like my days are spent in the kitchen - which I guess they are It's a lot of work now but oh so worth it in the winter.

I'm so behind with everyone.

: to surfmama! And belated for your due date. I dread when mine comes up.

Will post more! Hard to catch up after being away so long.

Hope everyone with illnesses is feeling better
#216 of 220 Old 09-01-2006, 01:53 PM

Forgot to ask, any Canadians here who know where to get cheepie tests?

I used my last one in July and the online place where I got them doesn't have them anymore. In the stores they want $7 each! I want to make sure I test on the first sign of lateness so that I can get a prog. test.

Thanks!
#217 of 220 Old 09-01-2006, 04:37 PM

Astrid where are you in Canada? I often cross the border to go to Dollar Tree. Otherwise Walmart Equate brand is the best deal. I also get "free" ones when I order PreSeed. We shop across the border pretty often so it isn't too big a deal to go get some.

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

#218 of 220 Old 09-02-2006, 11:11 AM

I tested again and it was negative but I still have no sign of af coming.: I checked my calendar and I should be 14dpo by now....I had lots of EWCM this month and then it dried up suddenly exactly 2 weeks ago. I'm not sure what is going on or when I'll know?
#219 of 220 Old 09-02-2006, 12:12 PM

well I just went to the bathroom and I am spotting so af is coming and right on schedule. I actually feel okay about it and I am grateful for a clear answer.

I'm off to set up a new Sept thread for us...I'll be back to add the link in a minute...
Here's the link http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=513425
#220 of 220 Old 09-07-2006, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by May-lily
Hi you all, I hope you're all well and that we'll see at least one more +++ this month and a whole batch next month.

I've been lurking but did not want to post because I was freaking out. I had horrible cramps ten days ago, for two days. I called my ob, who said not to worry but of course, since it was worse than af cramps (which I got bad anyway) I was preparing for the worst. After that my symptoms sort of vanished... no morning sickness, no sore boobs. I was crushed. Then today I had my third u/s and got a good heart-rate (171) and a good size (1.94 cm). I started bawling. Honestly, it was like finding out I'm pregnant all over again. What probably happened was some cysts left over by the IVF stims were producing hormones too, making my symptoms quite strong, but they went down a lot, maybe even ruptured (which would explain the horrendous cramping) and then my hormones went down while my little one quietly kept doing its thing. Phew!!! Good thing I knew the rollercoaster continues after the two lines on a stick!

Love to all,

M
M,

Just stopping by to say many, many, many, MANY congratulations to you!!!! Chiromama passed on the good news and I am so happy for you!! Sending many sticky vibes your way. Enjoy your beautiful pregnancy!

Lisa

Lisa , married to Dan, mama to IVF miracle Natalie 5/20/09 :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page