What is up with my high temps? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-22-2003, 08:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I still haven't had a ppaf or ovulation, but now that we're ttc, I've started charting in the hope of catching that first egg.

My temperatures seem really high though. Is this common for somebody who isn't very close to ovulation? Will they get in a more normal range when I get closer to ovulating?

I wonder too if they could be so high due to co-sleeping. We're working on nightweaning and lately our "schedule" seems to be Noah laying across my chest to nurse around 5:00 am, without me really waking up. Then we wake up for real somewhere around 7 and I take my temperature then. Could that be the problem?

Thanks for any insight you might have!

oops- here's a link to my chart: www.FertilityFriend.com/home/la789

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2003, 01:17 AM

I think your temps look fine. I mean I don't think they are too high. What is important for temps is that you see the temp rise over your pre O level. There isn't a minimum or maximum requirement for pre O temps. Assuming your not sick with a fever of course. Each person is different. And if your still nursing that could explain the up and downs. Although I never temped while nursing so hopefully someone more informed will post??
Old 03-23-2003, 04:12 PM

I would suggest you try to take your temp at 5, when baby nurses. Even so, your temps look pretty good considering! I started charting when af finally showed up, and my first two cycles were anov with the typical temp ups and downs and patches of ewcm. I think you might have o'd on Tuesday, take out those three higher temps that look out of line of the rest and see if FF doesn't give you that eggie!! Good luck!! And ~~baby dust~~ to you!!

User Tag List