Is this test a dud?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-24-2003, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, I tested again this morning with the EPT...a brand I normally trust BUT

I peed on the stick.....the line goes up and nothing....not even the control line. Aren't they supposed to show up immediate? This brand says read in 3 minutes....at 3 mintues the line was ligh and grey....its kinda pink now about 10 or more minutes after......this is the control line I'm talking about not the pos/neg line......

So, is my test a dud or is it accurate?

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2003, 12:12 PM

If the control line seems funny or weird, the test is probably not legitimate. I would test again.

You could also go to a crisis pregnancy center and get a test for free. You don't have to be in a crisis pregnancy to use their services. I volunteer at one and all different people come in. Many just want a pregnancy test which can be more accurate than a home test. (Our can detect 25 micrograms of HCG, the best OTC one is usually 50 micrograms)

Plus, all those OTC pregnancy tests can be expensive.

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

Old 03-24-2003, 12:29 PM

I would agree that if the control line didn't show up then it's probably a defective stick...what luck!! Good luck testing again! It's so frustrating!!
Old 03-24-2003, 04:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by ameliabedeliaky
You could also go to a crisis pregnancy center and get a test for free. You don't have to be in a crisis pregnancy to use their services. I volunteer at one and all different people come in. Many just want a pregnancy test which can be more accurate than a home test. (Our can detect 25 micrograms of HCG, the best OTC one is usually 50 micrograms)

Plus, all those OTC pregnancy tests can be expensive.

Run to a center b/c their tests are so sensitive and will put a definitive answer on this for you!! You can just walk in, do the test, and you'll know for certain.

My guess is that you are not getting a + with all these tests b/c you are probably not pregnant (sorry!) I know that sucks, but it should have shown up by now.

I've tested at a crisis center many a time and always had a wonderful experience with every volunteer. This is the best recommendation, imo.
Old 03-24-2003, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

Since I'm new to this area I have yet to see one...I've seen plenty of lanned parenthoods......

BTW...I called a friend who is an ob nurse and she agreed with me......test today and if af doesn't show by friday to test again....if it is still neg and af doesn't show by monday see if I can find a clinic who can help me out. So, this is what I'll do....actually I'm not going to test anymore....I'm just going to wait. My new chiro won't take my x-rays for my evaluation until af shows....so I hope she does so I can get on with treatment....My back is KILLING me!!!

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
Old 03-24-2003, 04:50 PM

Look in your telephone book under abortion alternatives and you will find a crisis pregnancy center.

You can also call 1-800-848-love and they will tell you where there is one in your area.

Good Luck

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

User Tag List