being startled when pregnant - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 03-24-2003, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is going to be a wierd, obsessive question-- but I am hoping that by asking it and getting some calming responses, I can be calm, too. This past weekend, I made it farther in my pregnancy than I have with the last three (yahoo!). Last night, my husband came into the room and said hi, but I did not hear him. I turned around and got the s--t scared out of me. My heart "stopped" and automatically I thought of the baby. Please tell me that I am over-reacting and that one scare will not cause a miscarriage (but obsessing over it will!). On the other hand, if I have something to be worried about, please tell me that too!
#2 of 11 Old 03-24-2003, 11:04 AM

Waldohood, I'm sure everything is fine, baby's stick alot firmer than that. If not I think we would be concerned about driving, laughing, jumping, running, orgasm, etc....... Some women take BIG falls when pregnant, even landing on their belly's and all seems to turn out just fine. I'd be concerned if YOU were hurt, or there was some spotting, but all sounds just fine.
You'll be just fine!!
Chelly
#3 of 11 Old 03-24-2003, 11:34 AM

I agree with Chelly...

we'd have to worry about every little movement! Enjoy your pg.!!! I obsess sometimes too...so I can understand!
#4 of 11 Old 03-24-2003, 01:28 PM

I don't think one scare will cause a m/c.

I worked on a very busy nursing floor during my entire pg, and got a scare nearly every day (in the form of codes, falls, chokes), and my ds made it just fine. Although, I used to have the same worries since I'd had a m/c right before conceiving ds.

Good luck

lisa

~lisa~mama to 3 boys (1/02, 5/04, 12/06)
#5 of 11 Old 03-24-2003, 05:54 PM

Oh Waldohood . I am sure you will be fine. Like the other ladies said, it takes a lot more than that to cause problems otherwise no one would ever have a baby!

Try to stay calm and enjoy your new little life.

BTW CONGRATULATIONS on making it so far already! I still can't believe you are pregnant. YAHHHH!!! This is the one for you. Everything tells me you are going to have a wonderful, healthy baby soon.

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#6 of 11 Old 03-24-2003, 07:23 PM

i sympathise with you- i had these thoughts too- with my first child i was off from teaching the first trimester and napped and had not a bit of stress- a rarified environment- during my last two preg. that ended in m/c (i've had three preg.- funny how i sound so prolific!) my toddler daughter regularly created anxiety in me- in trying to figure out causes- i kept wondering about this- from what i learned it is highly unlikely- women have suffered enormous losses such as deaths of loved ones and such and carried healthy babies to term- nonetheless i understand!- i always think of how our bodies are made to be a part of nature- we are designed to be in flight and suffer stresses in outr "survival"- the priviledges of our insular world are really perqs as we can actually withstand much-
#7 of 11 Old 03-24-2003, 09:31 PM - Thread Starter

Wow. I know that I say this alot, but you are all awesome. Thank you for caring and for responding and sympathizing, sending energy, supporting, etc etc etc. I am sure that the support has, in part, brought me this far. I hope you know that, as best as I can, I am sending energy and love right back.

Peace,
Michelle
#8 of 11 Old 03-25-2003, 10:28 PM

I understand how easy it is to worry but please don't! Everything is fine! When I was early pregnant (just when we found out) with dd1, I got walking pneumonia. Would cough for 20 or 30 minutes at a time - uncontrollably, til I couldn't breath, til I was crying, my chest and stomach muscles would be SO sore the next day from all the coughing. I was scared to death I would miscarry from all the violent coughing. But she was fine - right now she is 6 and at dance class...
You and baby will be fine.
Kirsten
#9 of 11 Old 03-26-2003, 12:32 AM

Think of all the wretching and vomiting pregnant women do.:LOL
#10 of 11 Old 03-26-2003, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks. I just posted an update in the "Personal Growth" Manifesting Circle-- in brief, I had a sonogram yesturday, and although the baby is perfect size wise and we saw the heartbeat , they also saw a polyp or cyst type thing that made the doctor less than thrilled. I will go back in a week and a half for another ultrasound if there are no changes. In the meantime, please send energy, pray, do fertility dances, or WHATEVER you feel comfortable doing! I will keep you posted.
#11 of 11 Old 03-26-2003, 12:58 PM

Congrats on the heartbeat. Oh, there's nothing like it. I hope everything is ok and that you get your answers soon. Healthy pregnancy wishes are headed your way.

Mama to 12, and 9 and 3. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page