Well.....one things is for definite........ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-26-2003, 01:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I still don't know what is going on with me but I can tell you one thing....

Over the last 4 days I have slowly lost my mind. I can't talk in complete sentences. I invert my words...I'll say something like, "Can you please cat the feed." Not just once...every sentence is screwy!

~I got lost going to walmart...twice
~I have lost my keys
~Yesterday got Tracy dressed and forgot to put on his diaper
~I cut my finger open slicing a tomsto
~This morning I took a shower...zoned out. Got out 15 minutes later, dried my body, towel dried my hair. Then sudenly realized I didn't wash myslf or my hair...I jsut got in got wet and got out.

I'm afraid to be home alone....who knows what I'll do next!!

Is anyone else having this problem? Or am I just odd in one more way??

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2003, 01:49 AM

Yup, I felt like I was loosing my mind about a month ago. It turned out that I was right about being crazy, and was diagnosed with an autoimmune thyroid disease. At least I know why I was I was acting so unlike myself.
Old 03-26-2003, 03:04 AM

Did the shower thing today in fact, but I did wash, washed my hair and got out before realizing I didn't rinse out the darn shampoo!
:LOL
I get lost all the time (even driving HOME, trying to take a short cut), so that doesn't count!

Chelly
Old 03-26-2003, 01:54 PM

:LOL

Could it just be that you are too busy to scratch yourself. Exhausted. Tired. Stressed?

Mama to 13, and 10 and 4.
Old 03-26-2003, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

Exhausted....Stressed.........nah

Actually, I have a friend visiting. Tracy absolutely adores her! The other day he wanted her over me!! Well, until he was hungry! I'm exhausted but I'm not stressed. I know you're thinking....whatever! But I'm really not. Pretty much I'm taking things pretty good and nice and slow. I've stopped assuming that I know or don't know is going on.

I'm feeling good except wanting to puke about 17 hours of the day. The other 6 hours I'm asleep so I'm not sure if I want to puke

Old 03-26-2003, 02:33 PM

I have to triple read what I type on these boards...the spelling comes out all jumbled!!! I think it's hormones!!! So many times I delete words due to spelling errors!!!

That's why my posts are getting shorter and shorter!!
Old 03-26-2003, 04:21 PM
Banned

Megan, since Tracy is nursing alot more now and eating less solids, you say, that will increase the prolactin in your system. Prolactin has the ability to suppress/delay AF. Most likely, Tracy's change in nursing has delayed AF for you. Cycles are notoriously not regular for breastfeeding mothers. Just how it goes. As DaryLLL said here once, 'welcome to the wonderful world of breastfeeding!'

For less than the cost of an OTC HPT, you can get Chaste Berry tincture (aka Vitex). Taking that everyday will regulate your cycles naturally, despite the elevation in prolactin. Chaste Berry is a natural progesterone.

We all have only like 25% chance of conception even in the best of cycles. Add birth control (condoms) to that picture and your chances of conception are incredibly low, as any doctor will tell you.

Sorry this is such a hard time for you. I really recommend the Vitex as your cycles have been very irregular. It is also a fertility enhancer for women who have infertility/miscarriage in their history.

All your symptoms are indicative of elevated progesterone as AF approaches. Plus any additional emotional stress you have over this difficult time!

Good luck to you and enjoy your baby!! Sounds like he is doing great.

P.S. How did the visit to the pregnancy clinic go? Like I said, I've found the clinic volunteers SO wonderful. And the tests are guaranteed to be not-a-dud!
Old 03-26-2003, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

I didn't go to the clinic yet. I called. They said sounds like I'm pg....but I'm not paying attention to that statement at all!! They said to come in for a hpt and then blood test. I told them I would be in next week if af is still a no show.

As for Tracy's solids eating....he has really picked up this week. Because he has been more active he isn't nursing as often either. Right now he is nursing problem 6 times a day as opposed to 4,000,000 times a day last week

Like I said....I'm doing good at not thinking about it.....ds and I are having tons of fun with our friend Melissa and lots of fun outside!!

Old 03-26-2003, 07:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by its_our_family
As for Tracy's solids eating....he has really picked up this week. Because he has been more active he isn't nursing as often either. Right now he is nursing problem 6 times a day as opposed to 4,000,000 times a day last week
Sorry, I guess when I saw your post just yesterday that he isn't into solids very much and wants to breastfeed all the time, I thought that you were saying he isn't eating solids as much.

:

Well, maybe that was yesterday and not this week?

Anyway, glad you're having so much fun! And you have a good contact at the clinic, which is awesome. Do they know you are breastfeeding and your other medical data? If not, they probably just assume pregnancy based on 'nausea' and the rest of it.

Good luck, again. It's a hard time, I know!
Old 03-26-2003, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by frogertgrl

:

Well, maybe that was yesterday and not this week?
Yup...that was one of those posts I posted and took a couple days to get a response. I posted that on the 20th. It had been going on for a couple weeks. Turns out I was just feeding him things he didn't like!

He is doing so much better now that I have things in the house he'll eat!

As for the clinic....I explained my history to them. They just went on about how you can't get a false positive. I kept saying wasn't sure and they kept saying you are...we went back and forth. That is why they suggested waiting a week and seeing what happened.

Who knows?!?!?! Maybe I am going through menopause.....hehehe

User Tag List