temp and ovulation question - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-26-2003, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Everyone.....I was supposed to ovulate on monday, but I think I ovulated a day later than usually....this is the first time in the last 4 months that I didn't chart. Well, DH was on a business trip so I think (or thought) I missed my "window of oppertunity" this month, but the day he came home my temp dipped down a lot in the early morning....we BD late that night, and the next morning my temp shot up (telling me that I did indeed ovulated). My question is....I thought that your temp shoots up two days after ovulation.....Or does it happen the day after ovulation? It shot up about 8 hours after we BD. Does that mean the egg was most likely gone by the time we did BD? Anyway, if anyone can clear up my questions, I'd appreciate it.....we have been TTC #2 since October.....and I'm tired of playing the wait and see game.
#2 of 4 Old 03-26-2003, 02:39 PM

Generally, temps rise the day after ovulation. For some people, it is 2 days but they are the exception, rather than the rule. If you've been charting, take a look at your cm and that can give you some more info about when you o. If you bd'd the night you ovulated, all hope is not lost. Eggs live approximately 12 hours so you *may* have caught it
#3 of 4 Old 03-26-2003, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply.....Hopefully this is the month. I normally chart and write things down....However, I didn't chart this month. I only took my temp the day I "thought" I was supposed to ovulate and for a couple days after.....Only because my thyroid is a little off and I have been feeling very cold so I wanted to make sure my temp was not too low. Anyway, I guess I'm in on the stressfull 2 week wait.....
#4 of 4 Old 03-26-2003, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply.....Hopefully this is the month. I normally chart and write things down....However, I didn't chart this month. I only took my temp the day I "thought" I was supposed to ovulate and for a couple days after.....Only because my thyroid is a little off and I have been feeling very cold so I wanted to make sure my temp was not too low. Anyway, I guess I'm in on the stressfull 2 week wait.....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page