Having nausea one week before AF now... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-26-2003, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Could this be part of the reason we're having difficulty TTC? Before I had dd#1, I never had nausea or any other PMS symptoms except regular cramps. From your experiences, was nausea a sign of endimetriosis or any other complication?

I finally broke down and went to my OB GYN before Christmas. He checked me out and said I was fine - very fertile based on mucus, etc.

But for the past 3 months or so, I've had some major nausea and complete tiredness one week before AF. Any ideas? Any help you can give me would really help me out.

I'm trying to get dh to do a semen analysis, but he is so against it. He said when the time is right, we' will get pg again - just to let nature take its course.
#2 of 6 Old 03-26-2003, 08:14 PM

I've never heard of nausea being associated with endometriosis. Sounds more like bad PMS, but I suppose anything is possible. I wonder if it could indicate a hormonal imbalance of some kind--not really ringing any bells though. Good luck. -J
#3 of 6 Old 03-26-2003, 10:27 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I don't know what other symptoms you've had but it could very well be PMS. This was the first time I've ever had nausea as a PMS symptom but it happened. I get very imbalanced, my prog drops too much and my estrogen gets too high so my PMS has always been bad and this time was the worst but I have recently stopped getting Depo-Provera injections and am nursing and I'm just starting to cycle again for the first time since being preg with DS.

You might want to try and find Christiane Northrop's book on menopause, she has some great info about hormone imbalances, which are usually very easily remedied

Robin~ single, work-at-home momma to my WonderBoys
YoungMan (6/00) & LittleBoy (6/04)
#4 of 6 Old 03-26-2003, 11:57 PM

The same exact thing happens to me 2 weeks before my period starts. I also get sore boobs and cramps. I too worry that I may endimetriosis. I never in my life had PMS only in these last few cycles. :
I am going to be getting tested soon so when I find out any answers I will let you know.
#5 of 6 Old 03-27-2003, 01:34 AM

The last 3 mos we've been TTC and last month I was nauseous 1 week prior and m/c early. Then this month the same thing-really nauseous and AF was EARLY by 3 days then quit for 3 days then started again. I talked to my dr briefly at my DD 18 mos appt and she said it could be my thyroid was messed up. She said it's not uncommon in women-esp those that have had children in the last few yrs.
So if I don't get preg this month she said to make an appt to have it checked so we can see what's up!
Just a thought for you to look into.
Ann
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#6 of 6 Old 03-27-2003, 12:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Nausea usually means high estrogen, esp. if the trigger of the nausea is hyper-sensitivity to odors.

Mama to a boy EnviroKid treehugger.gif 9 years old and a new little girl EnviroBaby baby.gif!

I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more. computergeek2.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page