Sorrow and relief.....I have an answer..... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-26-2003, 11:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I believe has finally started. Right now there are now cramps or anything like that. But it is light pink and just spotty.....started not oo long ago. I tis normally like a waterfall right off...but I figure my body is just taking its time.
I'm just waiting for it to kick in and really start....if it turns brwon and stops....I'll really be wondering

So
1 positive
2 negatives
2 duds

Light spotting....I was going to test in the morning...guess i'm not anymore!!

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2003, 12:11 AM

Sorry . At least now you have an answer. I know you would rather it be a different answer though...

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

Old 03-27-2003, 01:14 AM
bec

I'm so sorry. I know for me it's always a little easier finally knowing one way or the other. Then I can rally myself and get ready for the next month. But it is wearing and sad. Take time to let yourself be frustrated and sad and all the other things that come with it. It helps, believe me!

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
Old 03-27-2003, 04:37 PM

Megan, I just wanted to offer my support too. So many of us around here now how hard it is to want so badly to be pregnant. I also have experience with having a dh who wasn't ready to conceive when I was, so I really think I can understand how you are feeling.

So, here's my 2 cents, if you're interested. If I were you I would stay away from these TTC boards (not that we don't want you here!), and I wouldn't chart either. It's too easy to start obsessing. Our minds and emotions are such powerful things and I think when we want to be pregnant it is so easy to spend every waking moment analyzing every inch of our bodies. Between the hormones we produce normally and the hormones we produce while breastfeeding it is very easy to *feel* pregnant, and then get really really let down when you aren't. I know you've gotten pregnant while using condoms before, but that is really such a rare occurence that it's not likely to happen again- you know like getting struck twice by lightning.

That said I know that the desire and drive to have a child is not easily reckoned with.

Take care,

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
Old 03-27-2003, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter

You know...I had already thought about those 2 things....staying away from the board and not charting BUT......

I think that charting will help. Not because I'll want to trick dh or anything like that. But because it gives me peace of mind to know what my body is doing. I think if I would have felt the way I felt and had been charting I wouldn't have been so "obsessed" because i think the chaart would have shown the truth...not my nausea, sore bbs or anything else......

As for the board.....I don't know if I could stay away...I jsut started on this one and I like the support I find here.....besides the fact ath it helps me realize I'm not the only one with an imagination that has run away with them!!

Thanks!!

Old 03-27-2003, 06:07 PM
Banned

Megan, ITA with LawyORmama. Taking a break from these boards and other TTC boards could really bring you much needed peace of mind. And, not to burst your balloon, but charting doesn't necessarily help anyone to know what their body is doing! You say that if you were charting this cycle, it would have shown the 'truth' but you need to realize that the chart will only contain the information you have now (besides the more confusing BBTs which could have remained high this cycle making you think again that you were pregnant).

Your chart will show the same info - nausea, sore breasts, etc. b/c that's what goes in a chart! The chart isn't some crystal ball that will say 'Pregnant!' if you aren't entering data that you think signifies 'Pregnant'. That's why the clinic said you were pregnant solely based on symptoms you gave them over the phone.

LawORmama is so right about hormones and breastfeeding and how one can be sure they are pregnant when they are not.

AF being 'late' is a relative thing when one is breastfeeding. There really isn't such a thing as 'regular' or 'late' under such hormonal circumstances.

I know it's hard when you want to be pregnant more than anything in the world and keep hoping that you are and keep thinking that even with birth control you are likely to be pregnant. But I worry about the lack of peace in your home over this issue and maybe it'd just be good to go with the flow (so to speak!!) for a while and enjoy your baby and come back to TTC when your DH is truly ready, not pressured, to stop using birth control.

Take care in this time - I know it must be extremely difficult on you all.
Old 03-27-2003, 10:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by frogertgrl

But I worry about the lack of peace in your home over this issue and maybe it'd just be good to go with the flow (so to speak!!) for a while and enjoy your baby and come back to TTC when your DH is truly ready, not pressured, to stop using birth control.
to think there isn't peace in my home is absurd. Dh knows how I feel and I know how he feels. It is not even a point of tension. (I only ever really think baout it when I ovulate...hmm I wonder why? ) Dh and I have the type of relationship where if we do not agree we acknowledge it and move on. I want a baby now....he doesn't. We both know it'll happen...he's just avoiding the issue...hehehe We even talked about it last night. That we both know a baby will happen.....just a matter of when. No we arne't ttc but when we got married we had always said we would not officially ttc....we would let things happen as the happen.....(me being me will obsess about it.....dh knows this...its part of what makes me high maintenance )

As for enjoying my baby. You're darn tooting that I do. Just because I think about other things doesn't mean I don't treasure every moment I have with him...the good and the bad. It seems that everytime I get a response from you you tell me to basically shut up and move on but don't forget how lucky I am to have Tracy. I realize that. I am blessed to have Tracy I don't need a constant reminder.

As for charting giving me peace of mind.....I think it will and if it doesn't I'll stop. But I'm not going to know without trying.

So, anyway.....

BTW.....I would never force dh to do anything or coerce him or trick him or even convince him....trust me...I went through a pregnancy that he wasn't too happy about and I NEVER want to again. He will decide on his own...and he won't verbally tell me...one night he'll say....forget the condom....and then I'll know.

Old 03-27-2003, 10:28 PM
Banned

Megan, I'm so sorry you're feeling that you think I told you to 'shut up' (i never tell anyone to do that, btw!) In no way was my post intended in that way at all. Just wanted to offer some BTDT thoughts on charting and what charting can and cannot do for the TTC person.

Take care and again, so very sorry you felt I was slighting you! Feel free to PM me anytime if you have a concern about a post.

Good luck in the TTC and all that entails for you.

Edited to add: in my other posts, I referenced Chaste Berry (Vitex) and natural progesterone cream. Might be something to consider as it's been really helpful to me and other women in naturally helping cycles and also with fertility. Also, if you are ever in need of pregnancy tests (the 20 mL kind), just let me know and I'll send you tests so you don't have to spend $ on tests! I'd be happy to mail you tests that are guaranteed to be accurate down to the sensitivity you'd get from tests at the doctor's (urine tests, not blood, of course).
Old 03-28-2003, 01:47 AM - Thread Starter

frogertgrl......I just wanted to apologize. I guess I was a little snippy. I remember proofing it and patting my self on the back for it....then I re-read it after I read your email....oops..... I guess I'm a little on the defensive. Growing up I got tired of pplp telling me what I was like and what I thought and felt....and I determined as an adult no one would tell me who I was.
I know thats not what you did but for some reason I took it that way....

So, again, I apologize!

Oh...I know you didn't actually say shut up...but thats how I took it....

edited to sak....where can I find the berry stuff?? I'm still learning where the natural stuff is in this crazy town!

Old 03-28-2003, 12:52 PM

Hi Megan,

Here is a place to buy Vitex/Chatseberry online. I've bought many things from Kerry and her products are great! http://www.kerrysherbals.com/tinctures.shtml The vitex is the last tincture on the page. Also take a look at her Miracle Salve; it's amazing on diaper rashes, skinned knees, etc.

I hope you won't mind but I just wanted to mention one thing. If you get pregnant soon your milk supply might drop and you might have a hard time still nursing Tracy. He could wean early if there's not enough milk. You probably already thought about that but if you haven't I thought it was worth mentioning. I'd hate for that to catch you by surprise. To be clear, I'm not trying to say you are wrong to TTC right now, I just wanted to tell you about that because I've had friends whose babies weaned early and they were really upset about it.

I also wanted to echo what a few others have said about nursing hormones throwing your cycle out of whack and make you feel pregnant. It's happened to me many, many times!

Take care,
Old 03-28-2003, 03:27 PM

Megan...I just wanted to give you a big hug. I know it will be your month soon. It's such an emotional time..I know!!!
Old 03-28-2003, 06:38 PM

Megan

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

User Tag List