Peter D'Adamo has just written a new book especially for Fertility/Pregnancy:Eat Right 4 Your Baby: The Individualized Guide to Maximum Health During Pregnancy, Nursing and Your Baby's First Year
"This is a complete, easy-to-use guide that every health-conscious parent-to-be should have.
* Blood-Type Super Foods and protocols to aid conception and foster a healthy pregnancy
* Which blood types are chemically incompatible, increasing the risk of infertility and miscarriage, and what you can do about it
* A guide for dads-eating right for their type to increase their fertility
* How eating right for your blood type can increase fertility and reduce the chance of miscarriage
* Blood-type diet strategies to maximize health and fetal nutrition in each trimester
* How to overcome common pregnancy side effects including morning sickness, varicose veins, and food cravings
* Blood-type susceptibilities to serious conditions-high blood pressure, gestational diabetes, toxemia-and tactics for preventing them
AFTER THE BIRTH
* Which blood types are most susceptible to postpartum depression, and how to avoid it
* Blood-type strategies for getting back in shape after the birth of your baby
* How to use the blood-type diet to increase the supply and quality of breast milk
* Adapting the blood-type diet to the special needs of your breast-feeding baby
* Blood-type-specific infant formula recipes if you can't nurse
* Your baby's first blood-type diet"
I like this book. No harm in choosing foods (and avoiding others, I'm B+, I should not eat chicken, nice to know) that will help maintain optimal health.
The author will be speaking at my local Barnes & Noble next month and I plan to go and ask questions.