When should I be temping? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-29-2003, 01:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is my first cycle temping to see when/if I O and I have been taking my temperature before I get out of bed for the day, usually at about 6:30 a.m. But my 4 year old wakes me every morning at 4:30-5:00ish and I use the washroom and go back to sleep in his bed with him. After a week of temping I am wondering if I am doing it all wrong - should be taking my temperature when ds first wakes me? :

Samantha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2003, 01:36 PM

If your temps make sense, then how you are doing it is probably fine. You will probably get a prettier chart if you temp the first time you wake up, though (before you get up out of bed or talk or anything). Consistency seems to be the most important part of it, so just make sure you do it the same every day! Good luck!
Old 03-29-2003, 06:33 PM

Hi honey! I miss you! Have you taken your temp when he wakes you and compared it to when you actually get up in the morning? Maybe just to make yourself feel better, for a couple of days take your temp at both times and see the difference. I bet there isn't a whole heck of a difference there. I would probably just take it in the morning when you get up, but try this and see.
~H.
Old 03-30-2003, 02:21 AM - Thread Starter

Well, I took my temp this morning at 4:30ish and it was 0.5 deg lower then the past 4 days, but I have been sick all week so that may be the reason why too? I think I will stick to the 6:30 temping and see how it goes. It's a good idea to temp twice but I don't look at the temperature until later, when I am actually awake Luckily my thermometer remembers it for me!

bellasmum - I have been so sick all week and I am finally feeling better today. What a horrible cold!

User Tag List