ok need some opinions here - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-28-2006, 07:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We tried this month. Unprotected sex usually=pregnancy (for me).

I am a couple days late but negative on a pg test. I had a m/c earlier this year and I remember I tested negative initially and didn't get a positive until I was about 10 days late. I still made it to 7 weeks with a heartbeat and all but I was measuring 2 weeks behind and hcg levels were about normal 2 weeks behind as well.

With my 1st 2 pregnancies I never monitored hcg and didn't test till I was at least a month so I can't say if they followed a similar pattern.

In retrospect I thought well maybe not testing positive so late was a warning that something was wrong from the start. So my question is are there people who have problems getting positives on tests early on? I know there is a wide range of normal for hcg levels but obviously having had a m/c earlier this year it still weighs heavily on my mind. Also I tried to see if I could see my cervix to see any signs and first I can't really see it right now and secondly there is a lot of mucus. Could this mean it's high and back because I could be pregnant? Also is it normal to have a lot of mucus right before your period?

I know time will tell I guess I am just getting impatient because the 2ww is now done and I still don't know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2006, 09:05 AM

Do you chart? Is it possible that you ovulated later than usual giving you a longer cycle? I'm sorry about your m/c Did it happen recently? I ask because I had a really early m/c 2 cycles ago and it caused me not to O until CD 29 this month, giving me a 43 day cycle. If I had not been charting it would have looked like I was 11 days late for my period.

I hope you get an answer soon. I have heard of some women not getting a BFP until a few days/weeks after their missed period. I never got more than a faint positive with my son.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
Old 08-28-2006, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter

My m/c was earlier in the year and I chose to wait it out (missed m/c) went naturally and got my first period 30 days later and have been regular ever since...like clockwork. I have been reading more and it seems like a lot of women actually don't test positive until a week after a missed period. I guess being on the boards so much I notice the women who get the early results and forget that may not be the norm. It's just frustrating waiting for the 2ww and then to get there and find you have to wait more to know just kind of sucks I guess So now I'm looking at every little thing trying to find an answer.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:24 AM

Waiting is no fun! I hear ya! Is there any way you can go in and have a blood test done to check for pregnancy?? Blood tests are pretty accurate when you're this far into your TWW.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
Old 08-28-2006, 12:25 PM

nak
i am in the same boat..cd 15 and no sign of af...and two neg hpts, it is very frustrating
Old 08-28-2006, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by em&namama
Also is it normal to have a lot of mucus right before your period?(
Although it's not a telltale sign of pregnancy, having lots of cm before expected AF (the white lotiony kind) might indicate pregnancy. Something about the elevated levels of progesterone. I hope this is the case for you!
Old 08-28-2006, 02:59 PM

I am in teh same place right now, I am a little over 2 weeks late for AF and I wasnt cahrting till the middle of this cycle so not quite sure when I o'd and still no positive on an HPT. With my dd I didnt get a pos at home I had to go to the doc after being about 1.5 month late so it is possible to not get a + at home till later on HTH. Good luck to you.

User Tag List