TTC & Yeast Infection Question - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-30-2003, 09:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay ladies I need some advice. This is our 8th cycle of TTC and while I said we wouldn't try this month cause we didn't want a Christmas baby, (you all knew I couldn't wait didn't you ) we are trying this month after all.

The problem? I have just come down with a horrible yeast infection. I did the first treatment of the three day plan last night. I'm supposed to O on Saturday. So, what do you think? Will this affect my TTC? Should we write off this cycle and not get our hopes up? Have any of you had a similar problem?

Thanks,
Mandy

Mom to dd1 7/00 reading.gif, dd2 12/03 upsidedown.gif, and ds 2/07 afro.jpg - home forever 9/07
In raising my children, I have lost my mind but found my soul. -Lisa T. Shepherd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2003, 01:14 AM

Hmmm...my completely uninformed opinion is that it might make things less than ideal but you might as well try anyways! (as long as it isn't painful to bd, that is!!)
Old 03-31-2003, 01:16 AM

Okay, just redid my math and now I think there won't be a problem You should be all cleared up by Saturday and, if not, your body may just postpone ovulation until it's ready
Old 03-31-2003, 01:31 AM

Mandy
Not to rain on your TTC party.....
Yeast is usually a sign that things are a little off (or moderately off) inside of your body. Have you evaluated why the overgrowth of yeast is occurring? Have you considered that a vag yeast infection is just a manifestation of systemic yeast?/depleted immune system. I had some yeasty stuff with preg #1 and and finally had to come to terms with some less than ideal dietary habits and sleep issues. All I am saying is yeast can indicate your body is not at its optimum. OTC's (over the counter remedies and even RX's just address SYmptoms and so not solve the underlying problem.)
There are some great solutions out there if you are interested.
God luck
K

User Tag List