Wow, the things I didn't know... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 03-31-2003, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My TCOYF book arrived over the weekend & I've been reading practically ever since. I'm *amazed* at what I didn't know about my body... and I've GOT to get two more copies, one for my sister in law & one for my aunt who are both undergoing painful fertility proceedures that they might not even need. Anyway, tons of work to do & I can't put this book down. I can't BELIEVE I didn't order it months and months ago. I'm thinking about getting the software, did anyone else get that? I know there are free charts but all I hear are complaints about them.
#2 of 9 Old 03-31-2003, 09:24 PM

Quote:
I'm *amazed* at what I didn't know about my body...
Like what? Just curious...
#3 of 9 Old 03-31-2003, 09:33 PM

Isn't it increbible??? I that book and think all girls should be given a copy at puberty
#4 of 9 Old 04-01-2003, 12:07 AM
bec

I was too, when I read it. I couldn't put it down. I didn't know a thing about CM, or temperatures, or position. I did know that it was possible to ovulate earlier or later than CD14, but didn't know that the Luteal Phase was a pretty static number.

I have felt so in control and aware of what my body has been doing the last few months. It really wasn't a surprise when I got my BFP! I knew from the implantation dip, and the triphasic pattern. I even knew that conception was more likely than the other months due to the increased EWCM!

I agree that it should be taught to girls (and boys) in school. I fully intend on teaching it to my dd when she is old enough.

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#5 of 9 Old 04-01-2003, 12:28 AM

That book is absolutely fascinating. I reread it a lot now that I am ttc. It is so common sense too.

Mama to 12, and 9 and 3. 
#6 of 9 Old 04-01-2003, 02:24 AM

I love this book too! I am TTC#2 and I picked up a copy because I had read that is like a bible for those TTC. So while it hasnt happened for me yet I recommended it to a good friend and last Thursday she called to tell me she was pregnant and that it had worked. It was her first cycle of charting. She had been trying for a few months. I think that every women should get a copy as well.
#7 of 9 Old 04-01-2003, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by UmmNuh
Like what? Just curious...
In nursing school we were taught that the due date calculator (pregnancy wheel) was the end all. I *have* one & we've been TTC based on that blasted 14th day. It worked like a charm for #1, but has been frustrating with #2. We'd BD from like day 11 to day 17, and now I think I'm ovulating around the 26th day! I kept thinking my "late periods were possible pregnancies, when really my cycles are around 36 days long rather than the 28-29 they used to be.

The whole book is like a big "DUH!" slap to the forehead.
#8 of 9 Old 04-01-2003, 04:23 PM

I loved TCOYF. I think it should be used for high school sex ed, i really do Very empowering to read. I just finished charting my first cycle, and I gotta say its really nourished my inner control freak - now I know i have a 13 day Luteal phase, which is perfectly normal, but I also knw that this time I O'd on day 24 instead of day 14 - also perfectly normal. My DH thinks i'm a little bit nutty to take my temperature every morning, but its so much easier that getting all worked up thinking i'm pregnant when we totally missed the timing, kwim?

Joy
#9 of 9 Old 04-02-2003, 03:41 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

It's sooo cool! I totally agree... this should be a required course somewhere along the line. I was laughing my butt off over the memories of the 6th grade "maturation program" What the heck? We all though "maturation" was a bad word... maturing? Still a lame word. Nurse brown in her sensible shoes talking to us about tampons and *giggle* breasts. R-EEE-diculous.

Anyway, love, love, love the book!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page