April 2ww - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 211 Old 03-31-2003, 10:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thought I would start a thread for April since we are coming to the end of the last day in March. Hopefully I will know one way or the other here in the next 5-6 days if I will be continuing in the ttc realm...

Good luck to everyone this month!

Congratulations to all the ladies that have gotten BFP's in March!

Try to stay cool

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#2 of 211 Old 04-01-2003, 01:12 AM

****BABY DUST****

I hope you all have a very short 2 weeks wait...... and I hope that this thread is blessed with many wonderful ++++++++ 's

Chelly
#3 of 211 Old 04-01-2003, 01:57 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Hey - I will be here in a few days....so I thought I would stop by and say HI!!!

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#4 of 211 Old 04-01-2003, 01:13 PM

Goodmorning everyone. I'm very happy to move onto April and the april thread. I'm looking forward to the end of the week (af due on Sunday), with a mixture of excitement and dread and having all of you makes it easier. Even fun. Hope you are all well and gestating as I write! Nothing really to add, just had to subscribe to the april thread.

Mama to 12, and 9 and 3. 
#5 of 211 Old 04-01-2003, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome, welcome!

Still holding out hope the this early spotting is implantation bleeding. I guess I'll find out soon. is not due until Friday or Saturday so this early bleeding is a little unusual for me. I do remember quite a bit of bleeding when I was pg. last time. Unfortunately it ended in mc. I just hope this bleeding isn't a sign, if I am pg, of problems down the road...

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#6 of 211 Old 04-02-2003, 01:02 AM

Hi everyone! I also hope this month brings many BFPs!!!!

Spreading some baby dust to all of you!! I wish I could just "wish" you all pregnant!!!
#7 of 211 Old 04-02-2003, 09:33 PM - Thread Starter

What is going on with me? I'm spotting then I stop for a day, then I start again, isn't due to a couple of more days! I have a strong feeling I am not pg. again this month. I am "quiting" for awhile now. I probably won't try again for another 4 or 5 months...

Thanks for the babydust Abylite! I wish all of you a wonderful 2ww and I'll let you know if I have any "surprises"

#8 of 211 Old 04-02-2003, 09:36 PM

Naturegirl

Can't that still mean implantation bleeding??

Baby thoughts Baby thoughts Baby thought
#9 of 211 Old 04-02-2003, 11:17 PM

Thanks Abylite. We can always use a good dose of b dust.

Naturegirl, does this ever happen to you in a regular, non-pregnant cycle? I hope it is just that babe burrowing in. I know it is hard. Don't you give up yet! It could be any number of things.

As for me, no symptoms! What's up with that? I still feel confident that we gave it a great try this month and it could have worked. I had a funny feeling today, not a symptom, more of a warm feeling and I hope it means I'm pregnant. But it could be just me obsessing. Really, I expected to have some symptoms by now pregnant or not. With my son it was just the tender nipples but this time something is always going on with them because of the breast-feeding anyway, so who knows. They are usually sensitive.

Enough rambling from me for now. Just waiting, waiting for the weekend. Soon I'll know if there will be a Christmas baby in my arms...

Mama to 12, and 9 and 3. 
#10 of 211 Old 04-03-2003, 09:33 AM

Well, I stole six tests from work. But because they're 'professional' tests they don't have instructions.
So I took one this morning.
It was negative. But I might have done it wrong because you're supposed to pee in a cup and then just drop a drop of urine onto the test. I just peed on the whole thing and it looked a little soaked...
Anyway, my temps have been looking a little triphasic (I'm 10 dpo's), but I've also been a little bit sick with a cold. Not running a fever during the day but that could be what's causing the higher early morning temps.
And my boobs are kind of sore, but that normally happens before my period. Although now of course I can't remember how far before my period, or if they are usually quite this sore...
This obsessing is making me CRAZY. I never thought I would obsess this much. The thought of not being able to find out definitively for many more days! Argh. Imagine how people in the olden days felt! Before pregnancy tests. I swear this has been the longest ten days of my life.
Anyway, naturegirl, I hope the real AF stays away. Hope to hear good news from everyone soon...
#11 of 211 Old 04-03-2003, 11:55 AM

I'm not on the 2ww yet...I think I will be pretty soon though.

I'm still suffering from the nausea/gag/puke thing. I'm getting pretty sick of it. Dh comes home and says, "How many times have you puked today??" If I give a low number like 2 or 3 he gets excited! Then the next day its back to 4 or 5! Slight heartburn after the smallest amount of any type of food. My boobs are getting ready to fall off. I've had slight crampy feelings and brown spotting for 2/3 days. "Af" was over on saturday. Plus I'm starting to be able to feel my uterus when I lay on my belly.

A friend gave me an hpt last night. She is 7 months pg so she figured I'd need ti before her! I took it this morning....BFN!

I don't think I'm pg...but I don't not think I am....kwim? I'm sure if was or still was I would have gotten another bfp to go along with the one 14 days ago...but I haven't.....

So, I'm waiting for af to show up this month.......

BTW....moodiness has def set in....I have done nothing but cry at the tv all day!

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
#12 of 211 Old 04-03-2003, 05:48 PM

Does this count? My March 2www is quickly turning into a April 2www. AF is 7 (!) days late but with no pregnancy symptoms. I'm having a hard time making myself test just yet, as I feel like I'd be crushed with disappointment with a negative result. We've been trying for almost a year... I'm kinda enjoying the "maybe I am" possibility at the moment.
#13 of 211 Old 04-03-2003, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter

ohhhh bamboogrrrl. Sounds promising...

I am officially out. definately showed up today. I am feeing a little extra down this month. I was sure I would be pg. by now. I am going to try to focus on other things for a few months and last year I started to learn how to pole vault, so I am starting up with that again this weekend. That's another reason I want to wait for 4 or 5 months before "trying" again. I just need a break.

Good luck to everyone else still waiting.

P.S. I had a dream last night that you were prego Oceanone. Hope it turns out to be true!

for now...

#14 of 211 Old 04-03-2003, 07:09 PM

Naturegirl I am so sorry. I was hoping we could both graduate to the pregnancy board together this month. Pole vaulting sounds like an awesome new activity. Flying through the air on your own strength. I love it. Good luck, enjoy your break and lots of to you.

I hope your dream was right about me though. If so you have way more insight than me. I just don't know this month. Or maybe I know but refuse to see it?

bamboogrrrl, how on earth can you stand it? Seven days late and no test. Man, I am testing one day late! No pregnancy symptoms can be good. Do you usually get pms symptoms? An absence of them is a great sign. I know what you mean about enjoying the possibility though.

Megan, I don't know what to say. to you. Sorry you are crying and frustrated. That has got to be so darn annoying for you not knowing what is going on. I really hope you find out soon, one way or the other. I mean, who wants to be throwing up all day if you haven't got a baby to show for it in the end?

jgale. Bummer about the early test. But, hang in there with us. The early days with no tests? yeah, that must have driven a few people batty. I bet they were pregnant a lot though, what with no contraception etc. There is something very appealing, simplistic and natural about just letting a pregnancy unfold. I imagine the people who do that are mellow and languid and have sweet babies who never cry! Me, I want to know because I always get an invitation to something like Sushi dinner or a great bottle of wine to be opened etc. A stunning looking creamy brie, softly melting at room temperature etc etc.

I am due on Sunday, Mon at the latest . I'm going to test on Tuesday if I haven't seen anything by then. That would be pretty unusual for me. So I'll probably be pretty confident by then and even more disappointed if a BFN.
:

Warm thoughts to you all.

Mama to 12, and 9 and 3. 
#15 of 211 Old 04-04-2003, 10:07 AM

Bamboogrrl, you have discipline! I wish I were just enjoying the 'maybe I am' phase...Have you ever been a week late before while TTC? I hope this is it for you...

Oceanone, I'm impressed that you're waiting until Tuesday! We are on the same schedule and I may test every day from now until AF comes or I get a BFP. I'm going to try not to do that, actually. We're going up to my mom's on Saturday and I think I'll leave the tests here...I'll try to be, as you said, 'languid and mellow' and channel 'sweet babies who don't cry'.
I'm normally not a-type at all. I should just throw out the tests and relax...

Good luck and baby dust everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#16 of 211 Old 04-04-2003, 02:14 PM

Naturegirl,

I think you are doing a good thing by taking a break. It can be rough on you and your hubby to try for a long time with no success. My DH and I actively tried for 10 months and nothing happened except the two of us becoming frazzled and fighting about sex! So I talked to my doctor and told her I was taking a break. She said to go ahead and do the OPK just to see if and when I was O. Then she said after a few months we could talk about clomid. Well, I left the office and told DH we were not officially trying anymore for awhile. I also signed up to go to Brazil for a summer study abroad class with a group of fellow students at my university. I got my passprt and paperwork in check, bought my tickets, paid the tuition, all of which was non-refundable. I signed up in March and was leaving in May. Turns out I conceived my son in April when we weren't even thinking about it. I found out I was pg two weeks before I had to go to Brazil. So I spent three weeks in the rain forest of Brazil studying the plants and animals(with no hot water) and I was puking the entire time! It was great!

So maybe by relaxing and taking your mind off the pressure of conceiving, it may let your body do its thing. It worked for me!
#17 of 211 Old 04-04-2003, 02:22 PM

I must clarify - I've had ovarian cysts once in a blue moon which will delay AF. Not feeling any of those symptoms, but yet it's possible it could only be a $^&*^%$ cyst. Can't take the heartbreak of a test at this moment...sigh.
#18 of 211 Old 04-04-2003, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the encouragement Vanessa. I know a lot of people tell me similar stories. I am trying to not get my hopes up and I really am going to just enjoy my summer, my husband, and hopefully soon, a new family of puppies!

I figure I am still young (27) so I have no big rush, if it doesn't just "happen" within a year or so I will start getting serious.

It's just really hard knowing that if I wouldn't have mc I would be having a baby in June. I think once I pass that landmark date I will start feeling better. Maybe...:

Thanks for all your support and love. I will still "be around" checking in every once in awhile!

#19 of 211 Old 04-04-2003, 04:42 PM

Well ladies I have good news!!!

I am NOT pregnant! I know that isn't what everyone here hopes for...me either BUT (lol..I love this smilie) I've been going to the chiro. I'm supposed to go 3 times a week for 3 months then get another evaluation. I'm in bad shape! This is most liekly causeing the nausea and such. after 3 adjustments this week I'm starting to feel better. He told me that it doesn't mean I wasn't pg last month. It is quite possible I had another m/c but with my back being so out in certain areas it is expected (Who would have hought that a misalignment can cause fertility issues!)

So, I'm starting to feel good. I'm not going to obsess (well try not too) anymore. I know that if it is meant to be it will happen whether or not we ttc. I would love to be ttc-ing but I know that its not going to happen anytime soon. Things are getting better with dh and ds. They are finally starting to bond and enjoy each other. I'm hoping that dh is going to start wanting another. Considering we are out of condoms and dh hasn't been in a hurry the last 2 weeks to go buy any and our sex life isn't suffering because of it I hope he IS ready! At this rate I may just get pg yet!

Hopefully I'll see you all on the pregnancy board sometime in the near future...or better yet...that you all beat me there!!

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
#20 of 211 Old 04-04-2003, 10:31 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
well, I think I am here. I haven't been keeping really good track. Got + on my OPKs day before yesterday...so it is a good possibility I am here.

I have been so busy I am not really keeping track...and I am sure we didn't bd enough. I worked until 11 or later all week....so really wasn't up for it when I got home. But we got in a couple - so we will see.

Trying to keep low key about the whole thing. Too stressful last month!

much and dust to you all!

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#21 of 211 Old 04-04-2003, 11:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Yeah!! Finally in the 2ww!
Its been awhile. Well I finally O'd on the clomid, we BD'd a lot, and now I am 3dpo!! I hope,I hope, I hope this is the one.

Good luck and baby dust to all of you!
#22 of 211 Old 04-05-2003, 12:33 AM

Welcome to the wait, Adina & Jodie!

Mama to 12, and 9 and 3. 
#23 of 211 Old 04-05-2003, 08:18 PM

Ok, guys, Af showed up early and unexpectedly on Friday night. So, it's one more time around the track (at least) for us.

I'm kind of glad I didn't get to waste a test on this and have to see that BFN. Also, I feel like I've got a jump on next month already. So, given that it didn't work, I'm glad af came early.

But, no Christmas baby for me. Maybe just a big, pregnant, round belly by Christmas. Like Santa Claus.

Anyway, I'm up for another month of trying.

I wish you all a very fertile and joyous 2ww and I will be checking in here for sure to see everyone's news.

Mama to 12, and 9 and 3. 
#24 of 211 Old 04-05-2003, 10:53 PM

Oceanone,

So sorry to hear about AF showing up. Bummer that there won't be a Christmas arrival. But, on the bright side, he/she will get to have their birthday all to himself/herself

Take care and good luck this month

lISA

Lisa , married to Dan, mama to IVF miracle Natalie 5/20/09 :
#25 of 211 Old 04-06-2003, 12:15 PM

Oceanone,

I'm sorry too. I thought this would be the month for you. I know you wanted a Xmas babe. But like you said it's good that AF came early so that you get a jump on the next cycle.

I'm here because I am 3dpo. I O'ed two weeks early and it completely threw me off guard. DH and I decided to NOT try and catch this egg because we do not want a Xmas baby. If I had O'ed when I thought I should have around April 18th, we would have been past the Xmas due date. It tore me up to not BD because I want to be pg, but at the same time really don't want a Xmas baby. DH and I did have sex 3 or 4 days prior to O because we had no clue I would O so early, and we thought we were past the chance of Xmas dates. So now I'm wondering if we accidently caught the egg. I would prefer to see AF in two weeks instead of a BFP. If it is + I'll be happy too and just hope that I go past my due date. So here's my baby dust to all of you who want to see BFP this month. In May I'll be asking for baby dust myself!
#26 of 211 Old 04-06-2003, 07:10 PM - Thread Starter

So sorry Oceanone. I guess Christmas babies weren't meant for us. Besides, my birthday is Dec. 20th and it really isn't that great having a birthday that everyone either forgets or is too busy to celebrate with you. Take it easy and focus on you and your health #1.

#27 of 211 Old 04-06-2003, 08:41 PM

Thanks guys for your well wishes. Naturegirl, all is ok with my health, I just meant I hope if I can't have a baby I can at least have a very big, pregnant belly by Christmas.

Spring is a very fertile time, April very appropriate to catch an egg. Keep your fingers crossed for me guys. I hope you all graduate though and I don't see you here in the May wait.

Mama to 12, and 9 and 3. 
#28 of 211 Old 04-07-2003, 09:50 AM

Oceanone I hope this new cycle will bring you a great New Year!

Sending baby thoughts to all left waiting.
#29 of 211 Old 04-07-2003, 11:09 AM

Hi ladies! I am new to this board and am in the 2ww. Can I join?

To introduce myself, I am Keri, SAHM to dd who is 2 (and very good at it! :mischeif . We are on cycle 7, 10 dpo and charting for the first time this month. I am trying desperately not to test until the end of the week. Luckily (?!), there is a big snow storm coming today which will keep me from driving to CVS to pick up a HPT today, but I make no guarentees tomorrow!

I am really hoping for this cycle, because if I am pg, #2 will be due on dd's bday! They may not like it, but I think it's cool!

Good luck everyone! Wishing BFP to everyone!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/20c4d/
#30 of 211 Old 04-07-2003, 02:57 PM

Hi ladies,

I just wanted to stop in and say hello. Many of you know that have been TTC for about 8 months and now it'll be a bit longer than that. We were on again off again about trying this month due to the Christmas birthday issue. Well, my decision was made for me.... O came 3 days early (no idea what that's about) and I was treating for a big o' yeast infection at the time. :

So, post O but not really in the 2ww. I am keeping tabs on all of you and hope that there are some Christmas babies in your future. I'll be in and out until next months 2ww. I'd like to add my support even if I can't really participate.

~*~*~*~* BABY DUST *~*~*~*~

-Mandy

Mom to dd1 7/00 reading.gif, dd2 12/03 upsidedown.gif, and ds 2/07 afro.jpg - home forever 9/07
In raising my children, I have lost my mind but found my soul. -Lisa T. Shepherd

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page