TTC newbies-1+ months - September - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 215 Old 09-20-2006, 01:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thought I'd check this thread out, haven't been here for a couple weeks and don't want to jinx myself until AF arrives, but in reality....I'll be here by the end of the week.

So, hi to all, new and not so new and lots of to everyone

Matey: I have read anywhere from 1000-3000mg daily for EPO. Use only until ovulation and then switch to flax seed oil. I personally used 1000 mg to start off and may up it this (coming)cycle.

Best wishes!

Selectively vaxing, extended breastfeeding WOHM to Cjoy.gif (2/09), who was conceived naturally after TTC for 3 years and failed IVF.  TTC #3 in '11. Married to my best friend A love.gif.  Baby #2 angel1.gif (1/2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 215 Old 09-20-2006, 04:15 PM

Hello all.

Looks like I've got some cycle buddies. I'm on CD 2 and have decided to go ahead and let things be this month even if it means possibly having another July baby.
#123 of 215 Old 09-20-2006, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertBreeze View Post
I've been lurking here for a while now but I can't contain myself anymore:

We've been ttc our 2nd for 4 months now and I'm getting frustrated. It should be my AF by now (I'm not regular - somewhere between 24-28days) but nothing - neither BFP nor AF. Oh well, I'll wait for a couple of days and test again. Stop me from going:
Good luck! Hang in there. I had a cycle last time that went on forever for seemingly no reason at all and I kept getting BFNs. It was making me nuts. This cycle I'm just trying to chill. Haven't O'd yet so we'll see how well I do. I just wanted to let you know you aren't alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
Hey, y'all, just checkin' in to say I'm on CD2. At-home IUI with a midwife this cycle!
: for you frog! I hope your midwife can help you move things along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazieluna View Post
Hi another newbie, don't understand much of what is being discussed on the thread. We have been talking about trying for a kid for a while and decided to start trying in September. So now it's September and I'm scared! I'm 35 and I know I want children so it's confusing to feel so scared about this change. I guess I should mention it would be our first. Oh and should I be concerned that my sex drive evaporated as soon as September started?
I think you are normal! When we were trying for our first, we were both pretty scared even though we knew we wanted children. Now we're trying for #2 and I am 35 (edging on closer to 36) and I've been having vascillating thoughts this cycle. Last cycle was really hard on me - it went really long but I wasn't PG.

I am also an artist and sometimes I am afraid I'll never get to do my art if I have another. But if we don't do it soon, I'm afraid we won't be able to. (It took us a long time to get DD - but once we discovered the secret of the EWCM - wham! we got PG right away after 2+ years of trying).

I still want a baby too though. So I think most of my anxieties are stemming from the emotional rollercoaster I was on last cycle. I know I can always go back to doing art at any age. I can't have a baby at any age. So all this ing is just saying that I can relate to your situation.

Before we decided to actively TTC, my sex drive was really intense around O. Now that we're officially TTC, it's kind of disappeared, mostly due to my hyper-awareness of the mechanics of getting PG. :

So this cycle I am going to get started on the evening primrose, etc. (I have maybe 2-4 hours of precious EWCM right now) and try to take better care of myself. This includes eating better and also doing some drawing. I am doing a babysitting trade with a friend and DD just went over to her place so in about 5 minutes, I am going to start doing some drawing. The dishes and the laundry can wait.

I would've started the mucous-inducing regimen earlier, but DH's paycheck was late and we were busy playing beat the bank. He finally got paid yesterday! Yeah!! So now I can try and get on track with the eve. primrose oil and all.

to us all!

I am a 40 year old unschooling, belly dancing, artist-mama of one almost 8 year old. I just had brain surgery and blogging.jpg about it a bit because it's just so surreal.
#124 of 215 Old 09-20-2006, 06:04 PM

We are new here. First month back with a cycle since having DS and we were so excited that we have something to try for now. I am charting cycle only right now but really need to get a basal thermometer tonight so that I can start charting that too.

Originally I was sticking to my guns about not TTC until March (being at my job a bit longer, not being super preg in the summer) but if you saw my post about happy dancing when I got AF on Friday all that waiting stuff has been thrown out the window. Who am I kidding, I want another baby now!

Proud mama to DD#1 (11) DS (4) and DD#2 ( 2 )
#125 of 215 Old 09-20-2006, 08:14 PM

Welcome, yogachick! I know how you feel. We were planning on waiting 2 or 3 more YEARS. But the desire for another child has been growing in both of us so we finally decided to go for it last month. Good luck to you!
#126 of 215 Old 09-20-2006, 10:10 PM

Well DH come home from work today looking upset. Apparently he's going to have to be away on Saturday. He already works Friday and Sunday so he won't be around at all this weekend and he'd finally convinced me to test on Saturday. So...he poked me until I went off to test, just to keep him quiet.

But... :

Still very faint, but definately two lines. Eek, I didn't think it would actually work!
#127 of 215 Old 09-20-2006, 10:12 PM

Eek, Patch!!! I'm so thrilled for you!!!
#128 of 215 Old 09-20-2006, 10:39 PM

Hooray!! Congratulations, Patch!

Well, I just got back from PCC and have green tea, evening primrose oil and red raspberry leaf. I am hoping this will help me out in the CM department.

I didn't get any Robi or such because I can't take that stuff with another med I am on.

I was going to get some grapefruit juice, but I really hate the stuff and the one they had was all natural and unfiltered and had lots of "things" floating in it. I have this weird aversion to textures like that (even pulp in orange juice turns my stomach), so I decided to save my money and my sanity and skip the grapefruit juice.

We me luck, please!

I am a 40 year old unschooling, belly dancing, artist-mama of one almost 8 year old. I just had brain surgery and blogging.jpg about it a bit because it's just so surreal.
#129 of 215 Old 09-20-2006, 10:47 PM

Patchchild~ Congrats!!!!! Yeah finally a pos. test!!!

So I have a question... I think I'm 7dpo and already my boobs are very sore??? weird... I dont want to "think" anything for the fear of dissapointment but what do you girls think? to early? I also feel bloated and a little tired but that could be from salty food and working to hard. Anyway looking for feedback. thanks.

Mommy to Two
#130 of 215 Old 09-20-2006, 11:33 PM - Thread Starter

PatchChild - Congratulations! :

firemommaof1 - I'm 9dpo and mine have been hurting for days. I just got home a little while ago and the first thing I did was rip off my bra. The sad thing is that it's a comfy cotton sports bra.

Welcome newbies!!

janie
mama to grace 12.11.01, cady 8.11.08, and ada 8.3.11
#131 of 215 Old 09-20-2006, 11:50 PM

I wouldn't read *too* much into early symptoms. I thought I had every symptom in the book this last month and -not pregnant-.
#132 of 215 Old 09-21-2006, 02:27 AM

congrats patch! Enjoy your pregnancy!

I also don't read too much into symptoms. Well, at least after i get a bfn.
I had every symptom in the book a week ago, including severe nausea, and i'm not pregnant. with dd, i was CONVINCED af was coming. More than any other month, cause i didn't have any "preggo" symptoms. But i was pregnant...with twins!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#133 of 215 Old 09-21-2006, 07:02 AM

I think you are normal! When we were trying for our first, we were both pretty scared even though we knew we wanted children. Now we're trying for #2 and I am 35 (edging on closer to 36) and I've been having vascillating thoughts this cycle. Last cycle was really hard on me - it went really long but I wasn't PG. [/COLOR]

Thanks for the support, I appreciate you sharing your experiences especially about my fear. My DH is such a calm person, nothing ever seems to rile him. Me - I overthink myself into a frenzy.... haha....

Funny that you mention your anxiety about returning to your art. I'm not an artist or really do anything creative - I work in Finance (ugh) - but I completely understand how you feel. Sometimes I think it's just that as I get older I get more comfortable with how my life is... maybe if I'd had children earlier it wouldn't have involved so much thinking. Now it is such a conscience decision I know I will have to sacrifice parts of my life that I like a lot, for example my quiet evenings drinking a glass of wine with my DH. I like my life, we've created a very cozy home for ourselves .... okay I'm going on and on. Basically I know I want children and I know how rewarding it will be once I have one. I have a 2 year old nephew that I love to bits! The decision has been made and we are on our way... it just I want to be very real about how my life is going to change and what a sacrifice it will be for me mostly in terms of focus and energy... now it's all about me - and it's been pretty good - I know I'm going to have to put myself in second place for a while.

Btw Congrats Patch!!! So exciting!
#134 of 215 Old 09-21-2006, 08:26 AM

Patch! That's awesome news!
#135 of 215 Old 09-21-2006, 10:52 AM

Congrats Patch!!

Symptoms - With my DS the first thing I got was sore boobies. Not much else until I was a few weeks along then the stomach turned. So far since trying now I have had no preg symptoms each month so I guess my point is, everyone is different so I say listen to your body and your intuition most.

T

Tara - Mother to Curtis 12/04 and Clark 11/07
#136 of 215 Old 09-21-2006, 12:09 PM

Hi there everyone.
I am also very new here and must admit have been lurking for a while. DH have decided to Ttc our first. I have 2 ds (13) and dd (11) from a previous marriage. We (dh and I ) (dh has no kids)really want a baby. I went off the pill last month. have been on forever!! I thought that I would go into this relaxed and see what happens. Not the case I can't wait to be sprinkled with that baby dust. Sometimes I think that I am to old. 38 but a very young 38 and take care of myself. I am not really sure if I o this month. I want to start charting I looked at FF and think that when I do start charting. If AF comes ( I am hoping that it doesnt) Had some nasty cramping and pains in my right side and am already hoping that I am preg!! : To concieve dd I used the mucus Method.
Im glad that there is a Forum like this.
If I do start charting there is noooo way that I can do it before I get up. The kids get up for school at 5:45 (yep here in Germany they start very early) Is it possible to jump back in bed and then take the temp???? Would that work??? Also, how much does ff cost?? And can I take the temps in C°?
Glad you guys are here??? I am soooo excited about ttc!!!
Jezzy, ttc in germany
#137 of 215 Old 09-21-2006, 02:20 PM

jezzy, i take my temps at 5:30 am, sometimes 4(although I use temp corrector for these early times) As long as you are consistent on temping, and have had 3 hours of good sleep, you should be fine! Good luck!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#138 of 215 Old 09-21-2006, 06:35 PM

Taking temp is fast and easy. If you get a digital it will hold your temp. I also wake at 5:45, pop the ting in my mouth, wait till it beeps, and then get out of bed. I dont chart anything until night time. Some people say that you should take it immediatly upon rising, but in some discussion groups I have attended I have learned that it seems to vary by the person. I can take my temp right when I wake up and it is the same if I go to the bathroom first, but I still do it right away to make sure I have a pattern. On the weekends I set my clock for 5:45, wake up and pop the thermometer back in, and then drift back to sleep. I dont know how much ff costs. I use Natural Family Planning charts (A Catholic organization, although I used them before I was Catholic) and a booklet full of charts cost 3.25 or something and lasts forever.

Welcome, I am glad you have joined us. And GOOD Luck!

(I'd sprinkle you but I dont know how to)
#139 of 215 Old 09-21-2006, 06:44 PM

The big O is in the near future!!

I started the EPR (Thanks Ann109!) and Mucinex. I was recently sick and am recovering, although since I started the Mucus helpers all the stuff in my sinus has been coming out of my nose. I think this is due to all my mucus helpers, which is fine with me. I hope hope hope this is the month.
:

How do I do that dust thing?
#140 of 215 Old 09-21-2006, 08:20 PM

= : + dust
#141 of 215 Old 09-21-2006, 09:13 PM

FIREMOMMA0F1 : That was my 1st indication. Mine always would start to hurt like two days before AF. But, this cycle they started hurting at 6 or 7 dpo!

PATCHCHILD : : :

I'm still Lurking : everyone! Hope you don't mind! Had my second beta drawn today, so hopefully all is still pointing in the right direction!

#142 of 215 Old 09-21-2006, 09:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryingagain View Post
FIREMOMMA0F1 : That was my 1st indication. Mine always would start to hurt like two days before AF. But, this cycle they started hurting at 6 or 7 dpo!
That is exciting to know! Mine don't usually hurt at the end of my cycle. A little tender, maybe, but not hurting like they do right now.

janie
mama to grace 12.11.01, cady 8.11.08, and ada 8.3.11
#143 of 215 Old 09-21-2006, 10:25 PM

Just wanted to tell you all that I have been taking Guafenessin (for a cold and WOW what a difference in EWCM! I'm taking one tab/day (400 mg). My dh is loving it, actually making him more interested in ttc. I never thought I could get so excited about ewcm. I think I'll keep it up even after the cold gets better!

Mom to Izzy biggrinbounce.gif (12/04) and Violet 2whistle.gif (9/07). love.gif  saynovax.gif treehugger.gif

#144 of 215 Old 09-21-2006, 10:34 PM

For Everyone!
#145 of 215 Old 09-22-2006, 02:31 AM

hazieluna - We're trying for our second child and I've been feeling many of the same things you describe in your post. Life is good, I've got a great relationship with DH and DD. Now we're talking about totally shaking that all up. And it's scary. But exciting. Good luck to you on your TTC journey and

#146 of 215 Old 09-22-2006, 06:44 AM

Ok, I have decided to keep track by ff. I am so excited to start this stuff! But honestly I hope that I don't have to and hope that I am now preg!! Some strange things going on but that may also have to do with the fact that I just got off the pill or maybe only wishful thinking Fat chance though I just went off the pill last month!
to all!!!

Jezzy
#147 of 215 Old 09-22-2006, 09:01 AM

Starflower - thanks for the support! Today I woke up feeling very excited. Last night I dreamt that I was pregnant and I was so happy! i hope the dream comes true...

I've had a look at FF and just need to go out an buy a basal temp thermometer.... anyone have a clue on how to say that in Dutch? Haha...

So what's evening primrose do?
#148 of 215 Old 09-22-2006, 11:17 AM

I am here in germany, I just bought a thermometer too. I just bought a digital one. I think that basal is german for basis thermometer. I pretty much think anyone will do too. I know that a lot of girls here are using the digital ones too. If you figure what primrose is in german or dutch let me know please!!

Dach (good bye in dutch right?)
Jezzy
#149 of 215 Old 09-22-2006, 11:34 AM

I dreamed about two big fat pink lines last night.
#150 of 215 Old 09-22-2006, 11:36 AM

Thanks Jezzy!

Okay so I'm off to get myself the thermometer! I started the charting online course with fertility friends and it's really helpful! Without any info except the first day of my last AF and the length of my usual cycle it's already predicted my estimated O - so just in a few days!!!

I'm feeling super positive!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page