TTC newbies-1+ months - September - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-26-2006, 04:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cool, hazieluna! I never had a cycle buddy before!

Your nephew sounds wonderful. :

I am a 40 year old unschooling, belly dancing, artist-mama of one almost 8 year old. I just had brain surgery and blogging.jpg about it a bit because it's just so surreal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2006, 08:34 PM

: Its Positive :

Yep tested yesterday morning (11dpo) with FRER and the line came up right away!!! Oh my goodness I am in shock

Tested again thismorning and its even darker... so I think its safe to say I am officially pregnant with baby #2

Mommy to Two
Old 09-26-2006, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter

Congratulations!! :

janie
mama to grace 12.11.01, cady 8.11.08, and ada 8.3.11
Old 09-26-2006, 09:04 PM

congrats firemomma!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

Old 09-26-2006, 09:13 PM

Yeah, we have another !

Whoohoo! : Congratulations, Firemomma!

I am a 40 year old unschooling, belly dancing, artist-mama of one almost 8 year old. I just had brain surgery and blogging.jpg about it a bit because it's just so surreal.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:22 PM

CD 15 here. CM has been consistently sticky and seems a little more so. I'm hoping to have some decent EWCM this month. We'll see. I'm also hoping to get DH to BD tonight. I think things are moving forward hormonally. But since I still am not temping I guess I'll never know for sure unless I end up pg.

Old 09-26-2006, 10:55 PM

Yeah Fire!!!! Congratulations!!!! Best wishes for a happy, healthy pregnancy! Holy cow, I 've said that lots this past month!!! Congrats to all!!!

Selectively vaxing, extended breastfeeding WOHM to Cjoy.gif (2/09), who was conceived naturally after TTC for 3 years and failed IVF.  TTC #3 in '11. Married to my best friend A love.gif.  Baby #2 angel1.gif (1/2011)
Old 09-27-2006, 12:00 AM

Another BFP !!!! Yay!!

COngrats!!!
Old 09-27-2006, 05:24 AM

Awwwww Firemama!!! Congratulations!!!: : :
Old 09-27-2006, 09:18 PM

Thank you!! I will be sending lots of to all and lurking : to see if any more tests come up bfp! Good luck to all this month!

Mommy to Two
Old 09-27-2006, 09:19 PM

Congrats Firemama!

Tara - Mother to Curtis 12/04 and Clark 11/07
Old 09-28-2006, 12:37 PM

I know I said I wasn't going to, but I had to go, and it was there... so I : Peed on a Stick... And I desperately want to tell you all that it was positive, but I can not. There was only one line. I am not pregnant. Maybe it's for the best right now though because of our move. But oh well, at least now when DH comes home I wont have to test. And I wont have anything to tell him. When AF shows up, he'll be away again, so it'll be gone before he comes back home and we can DTD lots after that. Maybe next month...
Old 09-28-2006, 12:39 PM

PS~
: : : : :YAY FIREMAMA!!!! : : : : :
Old 09-28-2006, 01:51 PM

: : :Congrats Firemammaof1 : : : I told you that you would be fine with those BD days!!!!
Old 09-28-2006, 03:01 PM

well, i FINALLY o'd! still on the first cycle, but on cd 45 today! O'd yesterday pretty sure. I took my temp an hour and a half early this morning, but it was still .3 degrees higher than yesterday, so i did temp corrector. yay!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

Old 09-28-2006, 04:23 PM

Best wishes Firemama!!

Sorry mommy_in_chaos.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:25 PM

Hooray, jillybeans! Seems like TTC can be just one big waiting game sometimes.

CD16 here. Thought I had some O pain yesterday but I'm not sure. We did BD on CD14 (late evening) and so far I don't think CM has evolved past "sticky". So I don't think I've O'd yet. Still not temping (still sleeping erratically). Hoping to O soon. We don't BD very often so we have to time things really well. Or maybe we should just make a point to BD a lot and stop worrying about timing so much. Don't know.

Still doing the EPO and red raspberry. Does anyone here know much guiffesin (sp.) is needed to be effective? And what exactly does the green tea do to help? I don't like it but I am trying really hard. Maybe someone can convince me?

Thanks!

Old 09-28-2006, 05:05 PM

Ok, So i've been thinking. Why is that I have all these days of EWCM, and DTD when I have it, but I'm still not getting pg? This is the second month in a row that I've temped and DTD a minimum of 3 days before ovulation, and the day of, and last month even the day after. Why is it that it's not working. I thought EWCM was the key to getting the egg. This is our 5th month TTC. I have to move to the other board when I get AF. Should I be worried about DH's little swimmers? If so, How do I suggest to him that it could be him that is the reason we're not getting the job done? I hate to think of how hurt he would be because of it. But I know that I am ovulating, and I know that I have the right kind of cervical fluid. What's the deal???

(check out all the days of wet, and eggwhite CM that I have on my chart in my signature)
Old 09-28-2006, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy_in_chaos View Post
Ok, So i've been thinking. Why is that I have all these days of EWCM, and DTD when I have it, but I'm still not getting pg? This is the second month in a row that I've temped and DTD a minimum of 3 days before ovulation, and the day of, and last month even the day after. Why is it that it's not working. I thought EWCM was the key to getting the egg. This is our 5th month TTC. I have to move to the other board when I get AF. Should I be worried about DH's little swimmers? If so, How do I suggest to him that it could be him that is the reason we're not getting the job done? I hate to think of how hurt he would be because of it. But I know that I am ovulating, and I know that I have the right kind of cervical fluid. What's the deal???

(check out all the days of wet, and eggwhite CM that I have on my chart in my signature)
If you have a copy of TCOYF, there is a chapter about going thru SA first, since it is fairly easy, she even suggest to have it done after 4 months of unsuccesfull but well timed TTC. I'd use this as a starting point to talk to you husband.
I started feeding mine multivitamins, extra zinc and selenium already, just in case. And told him if we don't get pg, he is the one to get checked first since it doesn't hurt.
You could also try every other day thing one of the cycles.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy_in_chaos View Post
This is the second month in a row that I've temped and DTD a minimum of 3 days before ovulation, and the day of, and last month even the day after. Why is it that it's not working.
Your timing might be off. Fresh sperm CAN live up to five days, but sooner is better and if there aren't swimmers waiting when the egg is released, you won't get pregnant (so, day of may be too late, and day after is definitely too late).
Old 09-28-2006, 06:16 PM

starflower: green tea is helpful for cm. I hated it plain, so used it flavored, or mixed one bag green tea w/ another flavored tea(taking this one out after a minute)

Mommy_in_chaos:

I used to wonder the same things when i started ttc dd. the month we actually conceived, we did the sperm meets egg plan
http://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm
which helped. I've heard that dtd too much can sometimes not be beneficial.
and if you are ready for seeing someone about it, then def. do the s/a first. But before you enter THAT big stress-filled area, try the sperm meets egg plan.

Old 09-28-2006, 06:45 PM

Mommy in chaos - Wish I could help you. I'm in the same boat but one month behind you.

Jilly - You had mentioned the sperm meets egg plan before and I googled it a few weeks ago. We are in the middle of trying it right now. I just started OPK's for the first time ever and we started DTD everyother night recently. I hope it works for me. I don't think anything is wrong with DH's sprem since we concieved DS on the second try.

Hugs around ((()))((()))((()))

T

Tara - Mother to Curtis 12/04 and Clark 11/07
Old 09-28-2006, 11:13 PM

Tryingagain~ Yep you were right!! You really were encouraging... even saying that my boobs being sore were a good sign (6-7dpo). Thanks for all your help.

Mommy to Two
Old 09-29-2006, 04:14 AM

I tried to post here earlier but apparently the computer ate my post.

I was hoping that DH and I would get a chance to BD again tonight. No such luck. He ended up working until 4 a.m. last night (at least it was from home) and then worked late again - until 8:30 tonight. I think he said he only slept 4 hours. Between his work schedule and DD refusing to go to bed, it wasn't going to happen tonight.

I'm on CD17 now, still no EWCM, but quantity is improving on the sticky/creamy stuff so I am still hoping to O soon and get some good quality CM going here.

The green tea I got a few days ago is flavored with jasmine and I definitely prefer it to the regular green tea, but I still don't actually "like" it.

So what's the deal with green tea helping CM but it has caffeine in it which I thought was supposed to be bad?

Just curious mostly. I suppose I could actually give up my coffee. : I am trying to do half decaf. Does that count?

Old 09-29-2006, 02:56 PM

read this article starflower.
http://www.babyhopes.com/articles/greentea.html

we drink green tea all the time, and after a while you do get used to the flavor. I hated it at first too. I can honestly say that while everyone we know is sick, we start chugging the stuff, and we are VERY VERY RARELY sick.

Old 09-30-2006, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

to all of you!
I got a ! :

janie
mama to grace 12.11.01, cady 8.11.08, and ada 8.3.11
Old 09-30-2006, 10:54 AM

That's wonderful mamamerle!!!

We are on a roll here!!!

I'm still out of ttc because of travel plans. But I'm reading up on how to get my cycles regular and CM up and all so I can jump right back in as soon as possible.

Congratulations to all the newly pregnanat Mamas!!
Old 09-30-2006, 12:10 PM

Woohoo Mamamerle!! Congrats!

CD 16 and I think I O'd! My sex drive has been ridiculously high this cycle though, so there went the every other day ideal. :
Old 09-30-2006, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamerle View Post
to all of you!
I got a ! :
Yeah Janie! Congratulations!!!!!! Best wishes!

Selectively vaxing, extended breastfeeding WOHM to Cjoy.gif (2/09), who was conceived naturally after TTC for 3 years and failed IVF.  TTC #3 in '11. Married to my best friend A love.gif.  Baby #2 angel1.gif (1/2011)
Old 09-30-2006, 01:11 PM

Congrats, mamamerle!!! So exciting!

User Tag List