The ONE THREAD: 9/17 -- 9/23 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 337 Old 09-17-2006, 08:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
just came to :

but you can move me to waiting to know. I got a +OPK this am.
#62 of 337 Old 09-17-2006, 09:03 PM

where do you all get your internet OPKs??

I have a ferning scope, but I think i want to use OPKs this time too...I'm also going to reduce my vitex intake and we are going to BD every other day as soon as AF is gone. She's here now, , light but here. Thanks to everyone for their condolences this cycle. I guess my attitude is good b/c i knew this cycle wasn't it, b/c this is one of my "bad" cycles from my PCOS ovary. For all I know, it may actually be anovulatory when I have a cycle on the left ovary?? who knows. I have got to catch this next egg this next cycle...:

I cant wait to see who's POAS tomorrow!! : for

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#63 of 337 Old 09-17-2006, 09:18 PM - Thread Starter

Changes Made to Here
#64 of 337 Old 09-17-2006, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kJad29
:. I felt kind of down for the first few hours of my temperature crash, but realized that there is a soul out there waiting just for DH and I, s/he just isn't ready to come yet. Your little soul just wants things to be just right. So hang in there!
FWIW, I charted two cycles with no swimmers and noticed that the temp drop corresponded to a DEFINITE free fall mood swing PMS-y type thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog
spider, it's totally cool for me to see another mama going the donor route. Are you using known or frozen, if I may ask? (And please feel free to ignore me if I'm being too nosy.)
Not at all. I'm horribly unconventional but I love to share notes with others who share part of my journey. My first attempt back in July was with a known donor and I kind of underestimated the emotional effect it would have on me. It also proved to be a bigger nuisance for him than he expected, so that month was that month.

It will be fresh again this time around but the donor(s) and I will not be meeting each other. A girlfriend (not my partner) will be acting as intermediary.

Sometimes you just plain get amazingly lucky in the friend department, I guess.

Here's my chart to stalk:

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/13fc50

And Frog, I still think yours looks good.
#65 of 337 Old 09-17-2006, 10:15 PM

Thanks Emma! I have been receiving lots of conflicting info, and even POA OPK b/c I heard LH is the same as Hcg on a molecular level. (It was -)
I'll test maybe tomorrow, maybe Thursday, depending on how tight a grip the neuoris has Thanks again~

Selectively vaxing, extended breastfeeding WOHM to Cjoy.gif (2/09), who was conceived naturally after TTC for 3 years and failed IVF.  TTC #3 in '11. Married to my best friend A love.gif.  Baby #2 angel1.gif (1/2011)
#66 of 337 Old 09-17-2006, 10:19 PM

Violetisadora, your link sends me to my current chart. Do you have your homepage set up? It's under the "sharing" button in the left hand column.

Then, when you have your homepage set up, you copy in the url from the top of that set up page.

It should be something like "http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/#####" where the ##### is randomly generated. You can change that if you like, like mine is http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Sapphire_chan, just be sure to save your homepage when you're done.
#67 of 337 Old 09-17-2006, 10:23 PM

violet, I have the same issue and not sure how to help you fix it...sorry

Selectively vaxing, extended breastfeeding WOHM to Cjoy.gif (2/09), who was conceived naturally after TTC for 3 years and failed IVF.  TTC #3 in '11. Married to my best friend A love.gif.  Baby #2 angel1.gif (1/2011)
#68 of 337 Old 09-17-2006, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy1980
where do you all get your internet OPKs??
Saveontests.com sells them pretty cheap, but they are from Canada (I think) so they take a long time to get to the US. I got impatient last month and ordered from early-pregnancy-tests.com and I got them a lot faster, but they cost a bit more. You can order preg tests and OPKs through both sites.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#69 of 337 Old 09-17-2006, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilian
Saveontests.com sells them pretty cheap, but they are from Canada (I think) so they take a long time to get to the US. I got impatient last month and ordered from early-pregnancy-tests.com and I got them a lot faster, but they cost a bit more. You can order preg tests and OPKs through both sites.
thank you!!

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#70 of 337 Old 09-18-2006, 12:01 AM

Sapphire, Your directions were spot on and here is the link to my new FF homepage.
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/161098

I'm new to this and still trying to figure it all out so any support is much appreciated.

Ann - Thanks for looking out, it's nice to know i'm not alone in my technical difficulties . check out the directions above for creating a homepage.

Good luck to all and keep the faith...
#71 of 337 Old 09-18-2006, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetisadora
Sapphire, Your directions were spot on and here is the link to my new FF homepage.
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/161098

I'm new to this and still trying to figure it all out so any support is much appreciated.
You're welcome! I think that dip you've got is just a normal variation in temps. There are lots of pregnancy charts where people have similar patterns.
#72 of 337 Old 09-18-2006, 02:01 AM

Y'all have been chatty today!

10 DPO for me. If I actually did O that is. Can I please be moved to Waiting to Know? Thanks. I'll probably test Wednesday if no AF-my last lp was 13 days. I don't have a valid temp today because dd was sick, sick, sick last night, and I got no sleep.

Sapphire, it was fun "seeing" you last night. Sorry about the temp drop. Hope you're doing okay.

Good luck to everyone- this could be a busy week!

Violin teaching, doula-ing Mom to Abby, (8) Ashlynn, (6) : and Max (11/13/08) Diagnosed with Metopic Craniosynostosis. First surgery 5/1/09, Second surgery March 2010.
#73 of 337 Old 09-18-2006, 05:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi, ladies! I don't frequent the TTC boards but am anxiously waiting until Tuesday (tomorrow) to POAS, thinking *maybe* I'll get a BFP! But who knows... I have a nursling 2 year old, which I'm assuming is what's making my cycles wacky. I'm on CD39 now, and my cycles since AF returned have been 55 days, 37, and 36. On a couple I've been pretty confident I've o'd, but not necessarily like I *used* to - kwim? TMI - The CM was definitely different - thicker, VERY egg-whitey, if that makes sense, and not as copious. But I did have O pains with it in July - at least I think I did! This CM showed up about 9 days ago the day after we BD'd (when I thought there was no chance!). So I'm really not sure what's up! Temping has been difficult - only toyed with it this cycle, but nothing reliable enough. Temps all over the place, and it doesn't help that I don't always remember!

FWIW, we're in the not trying/not preventing realm, even though I'd really like to get pg in the next few months! Hopefully even if this isn't it (and I have to remind myself that AF really isn't *that* big of a deal - love my Diva Cup!), it'll be time in another month or two!

Anyhow, just came to Mothering (again) to look for some folks to share with! Not 100% sure what the best thread is for me, so I read the OT intro and figured I'd say hi here. Hope to be able to follow everyone's progress!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#74 of 337 Old 09-18-2006, 08:17 PM

Wow I'm so happy to see that your temp shot up this morning! Mine went up slightly as well. We're still in the game! Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Kemi wifedreads.gif to Jeffdh_malesling.GIF mommy to Rohan h20homebirth.gifROTFLMAO.gif 1/3/09 and Narenhomebirth.jpg(transfer to hospital) blahblah.gif  10/22/10. Pregnant with stork-girl.gif

****5****10****15****20****25****30****353rdtri.gif***40 (Hospital BC w/CNMs due to GD)

#75 of 337 Old 09-18-2006, 08:32 PM

I missed stalking this thread today! I actually got a lot of work done for once How was everyone's day??

My temp is up again, it looks like maybe I had a tiny little implantation dip - I guess my implantation dips just don't go below the coverline. My chest is starting to feel sore, so I guess that is a good sign. I'm leaving for Boston with DS tomorrow morning, I hope my temps don't get funky while I'm away. I packed a few tests for the trip too. I'm gonna hold out as long as I can, but DP did give the OK to test while away from him. I'm gonna try to wait til I get back (the 26th). I feel like he should be there so we can test together.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#76 of 337 Old 09-18-2006, 09:23 PM

Does an implantation dip have to go below the coverline??

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#77 of 337 Old 09-18-2006, 09:42 PM

Nice temps again...wow! Wasn't someone going to be testing? I too was hitting refresh all day long to see if the forum was up yet.

Here is my pity party cross post from TWW A great, restful night to all.
I have a date with DH, couch and Tazo chai w/warm milk...all the things that make me feel good

I tested this morning BFN w/FRER. Really strange cramping, like AF, but I only get that CD 1 or 2, not this early. But... I have been messing with supplements and don't know how that would affect cramping. Any insight?

. Call to OBGYN today who has a new nurse who was totally unsympathetic and basically blew me off and called me back at work after 5pm, after I told her to call home number after 5 pm... Needless to say, I'm bummed.

More research lead me to realize I had may have had a +OPK on 9/16 (I thought it was -, but saw + online and mine was really, really, REALLY close to being the same color...) I put that info in FF and it made me only 8DPO, instead of 10 which made me feel better, but felt like I was cheating to make myself feel better. I'm guessing my relief will be short lived, expecting AF this week. No symptoms, temperature dropping despite slathering my belly w/natural progesterone cream.

That weird positive on the equate HPT may have been an evap line, maybe not.: My eyes are buggy from all the false-, false + info. Either way.... I have two FRER ready to go. Not really hopefull, just getting a round of EPO, RRL, green tea, Mucinex (or something similar),grapefruit juice, B6 and Chasteberry/Vitex ready. If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll research and post recommendations for use and suggested dosages...but give me a day or so to get it ck'd w/my naturopath. Better yet, if someone more experienced has all that info handy...I'd love to see it all on one page. I know it's been done, I just can't find it anymore

Holy rambler this evening, sorry! Hope to see lots of BFP's and hope to ride that way of positive energy through my pity party

Best wishes!!!!: :

#78 of 337 Old 09-18-2006, 09:43 PM

I was lost w/o this board today. This has been one of the worst days for me this year. So much went wrong including my DS woke suddenly and unexpectedly sick with a cold, my dog and house are re-infested with ticks (this is our second infestation and these things are freakin bionic we can't get rid of them), I got a low temp, I got spot, and a ton of other little things along the way. At one point I started bawling crying and DS came over, looked at me, and started bawling too. He's been extra clingy due to the cold so we hugged and cried together and it actually made me feel a little better.

I POAS this morning to get a BFN and then spot came this afternoon. I saw my chiro this morning and he did some lower back adjustments that he said should help loosen the nerves in my reproductive area to help TTC. I'm scheduled for some accupunture a week from today and he plans to do it on my lower back and abdomin to help "open up" the area. I really love this guy because he's the only medical doc I've ever had that has really listened and cared. I hope what he does helps.

It's only been three months but now each time I get AF I feel like such a failure. Does anyone else feel this way? I know each time we only have like 25% chance and that it is perfectly average to take this long but since I conceived DS on the second try I just feel like it must be something I'm doing wrong. I really didn't want a summer baby in FL. Oh I know I'm just giving myself a big mind .

As I promised myself this next month will be different. I'm focusing on my love for DH and DS and our desire to grow our family and I'm taking the focus off of desperatley temping and checking CM etc. Of course I will be aware of these things, but I PROMISE myself for my own good to relax more about it.

Ok, I wrote a novel because I really needed to vent about this crappy day I had. If you made it this far, thanks!!

T

Tara - Mother to Curtis 12/04 and Clark 11/07
#79 of 337 Old 09-18-2006, 09:55 PM

Tara with you. Sorry about your day.

Chiro is a good choice, IMHO. My friend got pregnant(unplanned and not so happy at first) after going to the chiro. Again, IMHO, it's all around good for you and I know once work settles down, I'll go back too.

I hope tomorrow is better for you

#80 of 337 Old 09-18-2006, 10:01 PM

:
#81 of 337 Old 09-18-2006, 10:08 PM - Thread Starter

This Threadkeeper was going NUTSO! trying to figure out if it was just me not being able to get in or what. I kept having images of 4 pages of updates I would need to do when I finally was able to get in.

Taradactyl -- you and I are in the same neighborhood. I'm in Longwood!

Jillian -- Boston is my old hometown (I've only been in Central Florida for 4 years and I lived in the Boston area for 17 years). So are you going on vacation?

I totally understand the feeling of failure each time AF arrives. Heck, I was feeling like that when I was still taking BCP and there was very little chance I was pregnant.

Changes made to here
#82 of 337 Old 09-18-2006, 10:10 PM

Frog, i saw your chart today.

#83 of 337 Old 09-18-2006, 10:12 PM

Hi Heather! This is usually pretty active, but being down today must have messed up the mojo. Welcome!

Christy~I don't think it *has* to dip below...

Hi hln

#84 of 337 Old 09-18-2006, 10:12 PM

i ordered some opk/pg test strips online, they should be here by the time AF is gone, lol. Hopefully w/ that, my ferning scope, and internal CM checking, (I had given up doing that b/c my CM was different every time I checked it the same day, lol), we can predict O better and catch that egg already!! :

to everyone!

#85 of 337 Old 09-18-2006, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenegirl

Jillian -- Boston is my old hometown (I've only been in Central Florida for 4 years and I lived in the Boston area for 17 years). So are you going on vacation?
Hey, Boston is my old hometown too! I moved from Boston to SW FL 2 years ago. I lived just a little south of Boston in Stoughton. I'm going to visit family and friends. I'm also going for my younger sister's baby shower. You know, the sister who accidently got pregnant and cried her eyes out about it. I've finally made peace with that and I'm going to be her doula.

#86 of 337 Old 09-18-2006, 10:24 PM

BTW, where is our beloved Frog? I've been keeping her and Turtle in my thoughts today after seeing the bfn in her chart this morning I hope you are ok Frog I hope you get that BFP soon.

#87 of 337 Old 09-18-2006, 10:53 PM

Please move me to waiting to O. If anyone remembers, I posted a big snark about how I wasn't charting, temping, nada.

Well, this month I'm back to all that in spades. I reaaaalllly want to get pg this cycle! I'd have the whole summer off with the little one!

Sapphire_chan, you are keeping me in suspense! Test already!
#88 of 337 Old 09-18-2006, 11:01 PM

Tara. It is so hard to deal sometimes.

whoever else needs one for bfn or temp dips or whatever.

to those still waiting. Sappfire, how are youf eeling??? That looks hopeful.

I got a bfn on frer and another faint doulbe-line on a $ tree test. My body is gearing up for AF so I'm pretty much gonna call it for this cycle. I'm not going to use $ tree tests anymore. The line I got today showed up right away and was definately pink in color. An evap line shouldn't show up right away like that! Not to mention the line that showed up on yesterday's test at about 5 minutes. And the one the day before. It's been too emotional. I'm going to stick with digital tests next time I think. So that's me, waiting for AF to come on tomorrow or so. I'm feeling good though.
#89 of 337 Old 09-18-2006, 11:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilian View Post
Hey, Boston is my old hometown too! I moved from Boston to SW FL 2 years ago. I lived just a little south of Boston in Stoughton. I'm going to visit family and friends. I'm also going for my younger sister's baby shower. You know, the sister who accidently got pregnant and cried her eyes out about it. I've finally made peace with that and I'm going to be her doula.
I lived on the north side of town. The last place I lived before I moved to Florida was Everett. But I lived in Malden, Stoneham, Lawrence, etc -- all on the North side of town.
#90 of 337 Old 09-18-2006, 11:23 PM

Okay, confession time. On Sunday after that really low temp I did test and got a negative. So bad news for everyone, I'm not temping again until (: touch wood) the 28th or until something like a sharp temp drop happens. :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page