Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Changes Made to Here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 337 Old 09-20-2006, 10:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is anyone else not taking temperatures and all that? And for those of you who are, when did you start? Right away or after a few months of bfns? This is our first month.

Mother of 3, welcomed a new baby girl July 2011

#123 of 337 Old 09-20-2006, 12:00 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerama View Post
Is anyone else not taking temperatures and all that? And for those of you who are, when did you start? Right away or after a few months of bfns? This is our first month.
i only just started temping this cycle. we had 1 cycle of "if it happens, it happens" ttc, and then 1 cycle of official TTC (no charting). that cycle turned into my longest cycle ever, and i had no idea what was going on, so i decided to start temp'ing and charting this time around.

Momma to K ('01), E ('03) and A ('07)
Acting as a Gestational Surrogate for my cousin, EDD Jan 17th
#124 of 337 Old 09-20-2006, 12:01 PM

POAS this morning and got a light +!

2sweet - maybe i'll see you in DDC

thanks to all the TTC mamas for your support and encouragement...many blessings and best of luck to everyone.

#125 of 337 Old 09-20-2006, 12:16 PM

violetisadora -- wahoo!!!!!!!!!! congrats!!!!

on our front, we did our first insem last night. donor is here for a week, so we'll get lots in, as dw's cycle timing is ALWAYS wonky. we want some nice swimmers there and waiting when the egg releases.

we had a wonderful little ceremony before beginning, saged the room and ourselves, brought some special objects, talked about the wonders of being able to make a family together this way. truly wonderful....

we're actually still waiting to o, even though the festivities have begun here.....

take care,
megin

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#126 of 337 Old 09-20-2006, 12:36 PM

violetisadora way to go hope you get a sticky babe!!!!!!!
#127 of 337 Old 09-20-2006, 12:46 PM

Woohoo violetisadora!
Best wishes!!!!

Selectively vaxing, extended breastfeeding WOHM to Cjoy.gif (2/09), who was conceived naturally after TTC for 3 years and failed IVF.  TTC #3 in '11. Married to my best friend A love.gif.  Baby #2 angel1.gif (1/2011)
#128 of 337 Old 09-20-2006, 12:55 PM

Can I be moved to Waition to O......."she" showed up on Saturday...smh.
#129 of 337 Old 09-20-2006, 01:19 PM

Well this morning I took my temp and thought that it may still be up there considering that I was sweating when I awoke. It went from 97.74 yesterday to 97.88!!! This has never happened. My temp usually crashes on day 12 with AF banging down my door the next day. This is very different from last month. DH and I have decided to wait to test until Friday just to make sure that my temp stays up there, but I basically have no doubts. Baby dust and sticky vibes to all!!!

Kemi wifedreads.gif to Jeffdh_malesling.GIF mommy to Rohan h20homebirth.gifROTFLMAO.gif 1/3/09 and Narenhomebirth.jpg(transfer to hospital) blahblah.gif  10/22/10. Pregnant with stork-girl.gif

****5****10****15****20****25****30****353rdtri.gif***40 (Hospital BC w/CNMs due to GD)

#130 of 337 Old 09-20-2006, 01:30 PM

KJad29!!!!!!!

#131 of 337 Old 09-20-2006, 01:41 PM

awesome KJAD29!!

I'm still in it too - felt dizzy and nasty all day yesterday (but our weather just turned cold and I may be getting sick...). Today I think my temp dropped more than it shows - I was awake from about 4:30 till I temped at 6:30.
#132 of 337 Old 09-20-2006, 01:58 PM

violetisadora!!!:: Cograts!!! that's awsome!

kjad29, :

Cd3 here, and can i just say, i hate AF?? In a way, i'm glad she's here, but i wish the cramps would let up already!!

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#133 of 337 Old 09-20-2006, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter

Changes made to here
#134 of 337 Old 09-20-2006, 02:33 PM

Sign up to be the keeper of The One Thread! All the cool kids are doin' it--greenegirl, allisonrose, me.
#135 of 337 Old 09-20-2006, 02:36 PM

Wow what an exciting week!

2sweet, congrats! Fresh pineapple is supposed to encourage implantation although your little one is already implanted, it can't hurt.

violetisadora, congrats!

Jokerama, I'm not temping this cycle. I temped for my first 10 cycles. Last cycle I winged it by assuming when I'd ovulate. This cycle I'm using a Clear Plan fertility monitor. While charting was great because I knew when I had ovulated, I didn't enjoy the luteal phase: trying to figure out from my temps whether I was possibly pregnant.

frog, don't forget that being threadkeeper is rumored to be good luck!

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
#136 of 337 Old 09-20-2006, 02:54 PM

Hi Ladies, can I join you?
I know I'm chiming in a little late, but I've been lurking for a little while and I'd like to obsess along with you. I'm at 9dpo today....I see I am cycle buddies with ChristyM26 and Jilian!

This is our 2nd cycle trying, but I have been charting to avoid for almost 4 years.

ChristyM26, I have been going through the cold : thing too. Is it possible that it is fall allergies? Mine started this past weekend, but I am starting to feel a little better today. I read that being very sensitive to allergens can be an early pg symptom (and what isn't a symptom, right?). I'm hoping that's what mine is.

Congratulations to everyone who has gotten BFPs already, and Good Luck to everyone who is waiting. to those who AF found.

Mama to J (Apr 01 '08) and N (Feb 13 '10)
#137 of 337 Old 09-20-2006, 03:30 PM

Hi Folks,

As mentioned, we did our first insem of DW last night. Now I know that there are all these cultural things about not letting pregnant women carry things, but I need to know a bit more of the reality behind what is and isn't okay. Our 3yo is about 40lbs and we carry him a lot. Often short distances, but still carries. Is that okay for DW to do? Is it okay now, while TTC, during early preg, only during later preg? HELP!!!! We want to figure out the right thing, and my gut says that women have been carrying heavy children and loads for centuries while getting and being pregnant, but I need a bit of reassurance.

thanks!
megin, wife to the soon-to-be-babe-carrying katie!

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#138 of 337 Old 09-20-2006, 03:31 PM

Christy1980 - I hear you about AF sucking. It's super heavy for me today and I feel drained.

temping
- I temped for the first time last month and it didn't change anything for me at all. I still bd'ed abunch from cd8-cd16 and I can do that w/o temping every morning. My cycle is very regular (so far) so I decided not to temp any more. I think skipping it will help me to obsess less as well.

GL everyone getting ready to test and congrats to our + violet!!!!!

Tara - Mother to Curtis 12/04 and Clark 11/07
#139 of 337 Old 09-20-2006, 04:07 PM

HUGE Congrats to the BFP's!!! So exciting!!!

to those currently waiting.

I'm not temping this month. I *loosly* temped last month (for the first time ever) but I don't have a really strong desire to do it right now. It's good to know how that all works for the future (tta and ttc if we have problems) but I really want to go with the flow right now.

Gah I'm having a painful AF this month. :0 Why is that? Maybe all my expectations are making it harder on my body. Eeek!
#140 of 337 Old 09-20-2006, 05:13 PM

Violet and 2sweet: CONGRATS!!!! AWESOME news!! I hope you both have healthy and happy pregnancies!!

I love seeing all of these BFPs! It gives me hope

I'm still in the TWW and I'm in Boston now visiting the fam. I did bring a few pregnancy tests and I might end up testing on the 23, if not I'll wait until I get home on the 26. IF AF is not here by the 26 then I should be pregnant

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#141 of 337 Old 09-20-2006, 06:15 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilian View Post
Violet and 2sweet: CONGRATS!!!! AWESOME news!! I hope you both have healthy and happy pregnancies!!

I love seeing all of these BFPs! It gives me hope

: : : : Congrats to Violet and 2 sweet!

Momma to K ('01), E ('03) and A ('07)
Acting as a Gestational Surrogate for my cousin, EDD Jan 17th
#142 of 337 Old 09-20-2006, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megincl View Post
Hi Folks,

As mentioned, we did our first insem of DW last night. Now I know that there are all these cultural things about not letting pregnant women carry things, but I need to know a bit more of the reality behind what is and isn't okay. Our 3yo is about 40lbs and we carry him a lot. Often short distances, but still carries. Is that okay for DW to do? Is it okay now, while TTC, during early preg, only during later preg? HELP!!!! We want to figure out the right thing, and my gut says that women have been carrying heavy children and loads for centuries while getting and being pregnant, but I need a bit of reassurance.

thanks!
megin, wife to the soon-to-be-babe-carrying katie!
Short answer, I thought the no lifting thing was for people recovering from c-sections or having their yoni stitched up after birth?

Long answer:
Is Katie on bedrest? No? Then she's fine doing anything she'd normally do and is comfortable doing. In fact she'll even be okay doing many *un*comfortable things (bending to pick up something off the floor after 7 months, for instance) although you should help her avoid that kind of stuff if you want to keep your wifely brownie points

Pregnancy is generally not the time to put extra and unusual stress on her body so starting a new vigorous exercise program isn't such a hot idea nor would I really up the intensity of a current workout.

Babies are quite resilient and uteri are nice and cushy, unless there's something unusual to where exertion'll cause premature labor she's good to go for anything she wants/needs to do.
#143 of 337 Old 09-20-2006, 07:02 PM

Hi ladies!! Sorry I have been gone. Tried to post yesterday and never could get it to go through.

Hugs to all those that started AF.

Congrats to Violet and 2 sweet!!! I am so happy for your both!!

Af is finally leaving me....wooohooo!! CD6 today and not much going on. Finally got my butt back to the gym. Hadn't been in 3 weeks!! Ugg! Still kept my 5lbs off though without gaining.

Hope your all doing well!
#144 of 337 Old 09-20-2006, 07:48 PM

Well, I may have seen my first evap line. There is definitely a line there, but it's like it's underneath....is that possible. It looks like it's under the first layer of plastic on the test! LOL There's no color to it really, but it looks like if I broke open the test I would see it! AAAAHHHH!!! :
#145 of 337 Old 09-20-2006, 07:53 PM

Waiting to be ready

So just got back from the doc and he checked and definatly no baby. So he gave me soem pills to start my period in 10 days and said its probally from gaining weight (the missed afs) so he recommended that we wait to TTC until I lose some weight so I have a appt friday at a gym for help. They have a free nursery and so dd can go with me. I will start to temp after I get AF so that I can get good at it for when we do start trying. I will still be hanging around here but I hope you al leave me here by myself Thanks for all te well wishes.
#146 of 337 Old 09-20-2006, 08:17 PM

Hi everyone

I'm so happy that positive things are happening here lately.

Violet and 2sweet: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!I'm so happy for both of you. : :

megin:I pray that it works for you. GL

KJad29: Praying for you to be this cycle. : and

Christy180, Tara, 2much2luv: I'm so sorry for AF.. : it works for you in the next cycle. GL

Christina: Welcome here. Glad that you joins us. I hope you get your BFP this cycle.

Hlnmommy: I'm sorry for what you are going through. I hope you loose the weight quick so that you can continue your TTC journey..

Sending Ov. Vibes to all those waiting. Catch the eggies GL
Those waiting to be ready GL whenever you are ready

Those waiting to know GL when testing : for

#147 of 337 Old 09-20-2006, 09:08 PM

Seems there a lot of us at 9dpo: Laurorama73, Jilian, Lily7, ChristyM26, CKing and, of course, me. I'm testing Saturday morning. Are you?

OK, weird story here...

When my daughter was young, I was a member of our local neighborhood early childhood PTA. I met a few women through the meetings and the playgroups. But I dropped out of the group during my divorce. I didn't keep in touch with any of these women. Now that I have a new husband and we are actively TTC, I've recently joined back up.

I went to one event last month. Today was the first monthly meeting. The current president was in my original playgroup, so I casually know her. She walked up to me after the meeting and said "I had a dream about you last night". : What, I've only seen you twice in the past two months. Why would you be dreaming about me?

My curiosity was piqued. "Why were you dreaming about me?"

*cue Twilight Zone music*

"I dreamt you were told me you were pregnant"

Even though I haven't told anyone IRL that we are TTC, I blurted out "I'll let you know Saturday".

janie
mama to grace 12.11.01, cady 8.11.08, and ada 8.3.11
#148 of 337 Old 09-20-2006, 09:56 PM - Thread Starter

Changes Made to Here

Special Welcome to CKing, joining us from the Not Mamas...Yet Tribe. I spend the majority of my MDC time in that tribe!
#149 of 337 Old 09-20-2006, 09:56 PM

Wow! That is so cool. Or creepy. Or both. Wow. Hey, maybe that means you could get a BFP today?
#150 of 337 Old 09-20-2006, 11:23 PM

mamamerle - I'll do you one better. At the end of the school year (June) one of my former students who was graduating came up to me and asked me if I was pregnant. I looked at her baffled and said no and asked her why she'd ask me that. She said "Well, I get these dreams - and I dreamt that you were pregnant with a baby girl." My jaw about hit the floor. We had been trying since Feb but I hadn't told anybody (still haven't really). I told her if I do have a girl I might name her after her.. I might too. I like Morgan. It's wierd and since then I've been totally convinced that sooner or later I'll have a girl... just wish it was sooner rather than later, kwim?

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page