Quoted: 0 Post(s)
http://www.midwiferytoday.com/articles/pushing.asp
#122 of 528 Old 10-04-2006, 09:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by matey View Post
She gave me a book about nutrition and fertility and it recommends taking Vitamin B6 to help with this. It also recommends vit c for men for sperm.
Ah, was it Fertility, Cycles and Nutrition? I just bought that last week! And started taking the B6 too. And dh is taking the vit C....I think I notice a difference already.

beckyphry - Yay! Congratulations!!!

skybluepink02- welcome!

frog - : Great timing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_chan View Post
Okay, saw a discussion on this elsewhere (i.e. off-MDC) and was curious about how we'd compare to the responses I saw: Are you scared of labor?
Like everyone else, I don't think I'm afraid of labor. But I am afraid of laboring in the wrong place, and having the wrong people scare me or pressure me into things I don't want. kwim? Hopefully that won't be an issue if we homebirth...

Quote:
Thanks for posting that. I admit I haven't read it all yet...but it's funny b/c I was jsut talking with my coworker yesterday. His wife just had their first child two weeks ago (a natural birth! woohoo! ) and he described it to me exactly that way - she didn't know how to push b/c it was her first birth.

Mama to J (Apr 01 '08) and N (Feb 13 '10)
#123 of 528 Old 10-04-2006, 11:11 PM

Quote:
You can join us if you're on a study break. Otherwise, get back to it!

Ooo, 8DPO? Looking forward to seeing good news from you soon!
I'll only post on approved study breaks, ok?

Welcoming our twins :: born February 21, 2009 at 33 weeks! :
C-section due to pre-eclampsia and HELLP:
#124 of 528 Old 10-04-2006, 11:13 PM

I'd say I'm more aprehensive about getting transfered to a hospital t han labor. I'm sure I can handle it, and I'll have my mom for support. She homebirthed me and my older brother, transfered and had an emergency c-section with my younger sister and had a planned c-section with my youngest brother. She's pretty much experianced it all and it will be a comfort to have her available throughout.

#125 of 528 Old 10-05-2006, 12:14 AM

Quote:
For me, there were so many things that would have made getting pregnant that first cycle ideal that I had way too much invested in the idea and was shattered when it didn't work.
ikwym. We planned to start ttc in March, then had to work through dh's emotional issues (he has a son whose mother was really difficult), get health insurance (which i was rejected for because of a miscommunication--and now finally have) then try to plan for the right season (we're farmers, so giving birth mid summer is less than ideal). Now it's been so long that i feel like i'll never get pregnant. i'm trying not to think too much about it...

Busy mama of
#126 of 528 Old 10-05-2006, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmama View Post
ikwym. We planned to start ttc in March, then had to work through dh's emotional issues (he has a son whose mother was really difficult), get health insurance (which i was rejected for because of a miscommunication--and now finally have) then try to plan for the right season (we're farmers, so giving birth mid summer is less than ideal). Now it's been so long that i feel like i'll never get pregnant. i'm trying not to think too much about it...
Won't starting now make you really huge and uncomfortable at harvest time? No, wait, June/July's growing time. You'll have a newborn for the harvest? (Wow, I know nothing about farming, which is pathetic where I live.)
#127 of 528 Old 10-05-2006, 02:13 AM

Congratulations beckyphry!!

It's not really labor that I'm scared of anymore. It's if something goes wrong and I have to be transferred to the hospital or if my baby dies. Those are my biggest fears.

Has anyone read Mind Over Labor? It's kind of old, but I'm reading it right now, and it really makes me feel at peace with the idea of labor. It puts everything in a positive light. I already felt like I wasn't really too nervous about labor, but now, reading this book, I feel even more comfortable with it, yk?

Anyway, today was CD15 and no sign of O yet. Last cycle was 67 days, but I'm really hoping that won't happen again. It's been almost four months since being off the pill, so hopefully things are getting back to normal...
I think that my cycles were normally around 35 days long before the depo shot and then the pill.

ETA: Thanks for the article sapphire_chan! It's interesting. I still have to finish it.

Wife to J. Mama to DD(3yo) & DS(1yo)
#128 of 528 Old 10-05-2006, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
Ah, was it Fertility, Cycles and Nutrition? I just bought that last week! And started taking the B6 too. And dh is taking the vit C....I think I notice a difference already.
That is the one! I am going to get the B6 soon. I have some vitamin c at home that I gotta start the hubby on. I am glad to hear it is working well. That makes me excited. Longer LP here I come!!
#129 of 528 Old 10-05-2006, 01:34 PM

I guess I just haven't thought about being afraid of labor yet. I don't think I'm afraid-the thought intimidates me a little, but I think I'm actually excited about everything-I want to experience it all!

We're getting close to the end of the TWW here and are hoping for some good news to share soon!

Jessica-Wife to Tim and SAHM to DS (6/07) and : due 4/10
#130 of 528 Old 10-05-2006, 02:54 PM

All right, so I know I said yesterday that I'm a little scared of labor, but then I started thinking about it. My sister gave birth in a hospital. I haven't really thought that much about where I would give birth. Today I started looking up midwives in the area and there are NONE (except nurse midwives who work only through the hospital). I live in western NY and the closest Certified Midwife that would do homebirth I could find was over 200 miles away. I guess that NY is not all that welcoming to midwives. I don't know what type of birth I would choose, but its maddening that I probably won't even have a choice: Now that's scary! Sorry, I needed to vent about that. Thanks for listening
#131 of 528 Old 10-05-2006, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

I got frustrated when I couldnt find any by me either, but turns out there is one who is known by mostly word of mouth. She also has a business card hanging up in the nearby organic store. If you have a local organic store, see if they have a bulletin board. All of ours do. And start asking around. Dont despair! There may still be hope!
#132 of 528 Old 10-05-2006, 03:57 PM

Ask around in the "Finding Your Tribe" forum. There's a forum specifically for NY, NJ and um, somewhere else too. Another good place to ask about midwives is your local LLL meetings.
#133 of 528 Old 10-06-2006, 10:20 AM

Or post in the homebirth section. I posted there lamenting GA laws about midwives, but they steered me towards some people who can help me. The ladies there are very knowledgeable about various state laws and midwives.

#134 of 528 Old 10-06-2006, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter

So, I should be getting AF on monday. That means possible spotting on Sun night. My temos have stayed more elevated than usual.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/162979

Also, I have been very tired. Last night I couldnt stay up anymore. When I crawled into bed and looked the clock, it was only minutes shy of 9!

I really dont expect good news, but I cant help but notice these things.
#135 of 528 Old 10-06-2006, 10:46 AM

Cool matey! I'm expecting my on Monday too. I am also feeling exhausted, sleeping so much lately I feel like I don't get enough waking hours. I did POAS yesterday and got a BFN and yesterday I was feeling low and thinking yep, this is PMS. Today though I am sure I am pregnant... haha.... basically I'm all over the place.

Btw about the 'fear of labor' - I got that! Now that I know it's just a : away I'm afraid. But not that I won't be able to do it or anything like that, just scared of the pain. I'm just a big chicken!
#136 of 528 Old 10-06-2006, 10:48 AM

Oh matey I met to tell you that I think your chart looks promising!!! I'm : for you.
#137 of 528 Old 10-06-2006, 11:52 AM

matey, is your luteal phase always so short? You might talk with your midwife about things you can do to lengthen it--anything less than 10 days makes it tough for implantation to occur.
#138 of 528 Old 10-06-2006, 12:14 PM

Matey and Hazieluna-I'm expecting AF on Monday as well, but things have been a bit strange around here as well. My breasts are so tender I've been having trouble sleeping on my side all week long. I convinced myself I'm pregnant this morning at 4:30 when I woke up b/c my breasts hurt! I don't even have any tests at home right now since it's too early to test and I would test early if I had any!

Jessica-Wife to Tim and SAHM to DS (6/07) and : due 4/10
#139 of 528 Old 10-06-2006, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
matey, is your luteal phase always so short? You might talk with your midwife about things you can do to lengthen it--anything less than 10 days makes it tough for implantation to occur.
No, it isnt always that short. In fact, the only time I have seen it is this time, and last month. That makes me think it may just be a nutrition issue, but maybe not. I dont know. Believe me, I have freaked out about it myself. I talked to my NFP teacher about it, and she said at this point not to worry to much since it isnt common for me. But she did give me the book Fertility, Cycles and Nutrition, which recommend B6 to lengthen LP. I picked some up yesterday and plan to start it at the beginning of the next cycle.
#140 of 528 Old 10-06-2006, 12:45 PM

Matey, hazieluna, & Robbins0614 :

By the way, thanks for the advise in searching for a MW. It still doesn't look promising. It seems that the only MW people know of on these boards retired. NY is really sticky about the practice of midwivery too. I'll keep looking though.
"Fortunately" I have some time to look though; well, I'm hoping not too much time. My 2WW just started. I think I O'd on Tuesday. I'm kind of pretending that I might not have o'd until next week, so that I will only have a 1WW. Is that wrong? I told my dh that its the "Baby-making olympics," 14 days of dtd, but serious athletes practice too. Oh, geez, I hope I don't kill him. Here's a little sprinkling of for everyone!
#141 of 528 Old 10-06-2006, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbins0614 View Post
Matey and Hazieluna-I'm expecting AF on Monday as well, but things have been a bit strange around here as well. My breasts are so tender I've been having trouble sleeping on my side all week long. I convinced myself I'm pregnant this morning at 4:30 when I woke up b/c my breasts hurt! I don't even have any tests at home right now since it's too early to test and I would test early if I had any!
I have been sleeping poorly myself, I cant seem to sleep on my side either, but not because of tender boobs, believe me, I have been checking, but I have just been restless. I have had erect nipples pretty much constantly. But I dont think that means anything. Aghh, just talking about it makes me think it may be possible. But it isnt, I know it wont be this month!
(Talking that way helps me get through it, so I'm sorry. )
#142 of 528 Old 10-07-2006, 01:57 AM

hey everyone:

thinking ++ thoughts for all of you in the 2ww.

I love all of this talk about midwives. I watched an ep of baby story today on tlc and there was a girl trying to have a homebirth, but wimping out in the last few hours. I guess it's easy to say wimping out, when I'm not in labor. I just felt so sorry for her - giving up - the midwife said something in the middle of the ep that hit me - she said that the girl could have a natural home birth, but she didn't think that the girl thought she could, so the midwife didn't think they were going to have a homebirth. Interesting . . . aren't we ladies just interesting creatures. The mother actually said that she'd had in the back of her mind that she was going to have to go to the hospital anyway, despite trying for a homebirth. So, soemthing for me to learn from. I know that a hospital is there, but when we get pg - it's a last resort - the thought of the typical baby story ep w/ nurses yelling at me to push and yelling at me to stop whinning - is not appealing. I don't think I'd be a whiner - BUT no one's going to tell me what to do like that. I want a peaceful - meaningful birth.

But before that i want to hit that eggie. It doesn't feel like this is my month for some reason - BUT you never know. :

~T | head-strong ap mama to 2 fur-kids | TTC since 2001 | remembering angel2.gif 8/00, angel1.gif 5/04, angel1.gif 1/07 & fur-kids, Apollo (04/03-12/09) & Bella (04/06-06/12)
#143 of 528 Old 10-07-2006, 08:00 AM

Just wanted to let you know that I got a BFN this morning but I'm not dispairing yet! Holding on to hope until the very last moment. I want to be preggo and therefore must be.... DH calls this living in my own reality!

Good luck and : to all doing the POASaturday!

And for those still in the early days of TWW! Patience is too highly rated! So good luck with the struggle of waiting!
#144 of 528 Old 10-07-2006, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazieluna View Post
Good luck and : to all doing the POASaturday!
Yes, good luck!

Sorry hazieluna about your BFN, but I will still keep my : for you too!

I believe I am 2DPO (last cycle was so wacky, I don't want to get my hopes up). We BDed the two days before O and the day of, I think. So, if I'm right about all this, we have a good chance! : This will be my first real 2ww!

At what point can I start obsessing about symptoms? 7DPO? 10DPO?

Wife to J. Mama to DD(3yo) & DS(1yo)
#145 of 528 Old 10-07-2006, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter

I start obsessing within the first 24 hours, so I guess it is really up to you.

I did not POAS today, but I am planning to tomorrow, maybe. But I dont know for sure yet. I am nervous to give in and experience the disappointment. Sometimes it isnt as bad when it comes as spotting.

to those waiting, and soon to be waiting, and all the rest of you.
#146 of 528 Old 10-07-2006, 07:38 PM

Why does there have to be a tww? I want to know now. I keep telling myself I'm not pg b/c I don't want to be disappointed. I think I am, and then I think I'm not. I'm planning to take a dollar tree test on Friday, 13 DPO. My boobs (or boob I should say, it is just one) started hurting 3 DPO, but that could be b/c my prenatal vitamin doesn't have as much B6 as my regular vitamin, which really helped my boobs not to be as sore before AF.
#147 of 528 Old 10-08-2006, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter

I am starting to get hopeful and I dont know if that is good to do. I took a $ tree test last night. Just because i wanted to. BFN. This is day 29 in my cycle. Normally, my temp would have started decling two days ago and spotting would occur this evening. My temp is yet to decline. In fact, it was quite high for me today. I have also been having cramping off and on for the past two days. It feels like period cramps, only I never get cramps before AF. I usually get them the first day of heavy bleeding and that is it. So I took another test this am w/ 1st morning pee. BFN. No sign of spotting yet. So then I was thinking, since I have these too short LP, not having my period tomorrow wont mean I will get a positive, because it would only be 11 DPO. Right? That makes sense, doesnt it? If my temp doesnt drop tomorrow, informing me that AF is coming, I will be very surprised. i have only had a cycle 30 days + once. It was 32 days in may 2005. So am I being crazy right now? Am I reading into the signs too much? I have also been tired, and the left nip was sre the other day, right nip was sore yesterday. I am so high strung today. My DH thinks I am losing it!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/162979
#148 of 528 Old 10-08-2006, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

And another question. How do I get my chart link in my signature space with that little chart picture?
#149 of 528 Old 10-08-2006, 08:34 PM

I'm trying to decide if I should test or not. I'm on day 25 of my cycle and I really want to test, but I don't want to get disappointed by a false negative if I'm testing too early. I keep telling myself to wait until the day my AF is due.

Should I test?

#150 of 528 Old 10-08-2006, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matey View Post
And another question. How do I get my chart link in my signature space with that little chart picture?
when you click on the globe with a chain underneath in the formating bar and paste your link, it gives you:
(URL="http'slink.com"]space for chart[/URL)
only with all [ brackets. The part that's bolded will be start out the same as your link and will be highlighted, type : chart : without spaces and you'll have a : that goes to your website when clicked.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page