April pre O - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-06-2003, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What? There's no april pre O thread? I guess I'll start one if anyone cares to join me!
I am about day 15 and I have actually had ewcm for a couple days now. How amazing for me since I've been O'ing around cd 28 lately! No O yet though and I'm actually hoping it happens between tues and next thurs. I don't want to wait too long but if I do get preg I don't want my due date to be before jan 1. we'll see...
anyone else?

Peace and health, Jenny - Mama to my love 12/01, my lovely 7/04, and my beloved 10/06, and one angel. ****5****10****15***20****25****30****35***bellycast.gif40**
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2003, 11:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I think you're out of the woods for expecting before Jan 1 if you would have conceived in just the last 2 days-I was hoping to myself but no such luck in 2003!
I have also had EWCM these last 2 days but my temps haven't spiked yet so I won't know for another day or 2. I think this is a bit early for my at CD12 but these last few months have been the most irregular since I'm TTC of course!:
Good luck to everyone!

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
Old 04-07-2003, 12:00 AM

cd 8 here, and I will have an HSG tomorrow, so I have been kind of focusing on that and hoping that I won't ovulate too early. After I've done the HSG, I will visualize a nice, juicy, perfect egg being released from my ovaries, and being fertilized by a good, strong swimmer. Let this be THE cycle for all of us!

Karen
Old 04-07-2003, 02:14 AM

Oops Wolfmom, I said you were probably out of the woods for expecting in Dec if you were preg but I got to thinking and looked on a due date calculator and I was wrong-which is good for me but maybe not for you? If you did conceive in the last few days you'd be due at the end of Dec.
I'm hoping this is it for me! God, the wait is the worst!
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
Old 04-07-2003, 02:21 AM - Thread Starter

well i haven't o'ed yet so I will probably manage to avoid that late dec baby which is what i want. but my e fluid went away so i have to wait for it to build up again. it's just as well - hubby is sleeping so there is no bd'ing going on over here!
-wolfmom

Peace and health, Jenny - Mama to my love 12/01, my lovely 7/04, and my beloved 10/06, and one angel. ****5****10****15***20****25****30****35***bellycast.gif40**
Old 04-07-2003, 12:10 PM

CD 8.... last month I O'd on CD24 so I may be here for awhile....

Joy
Old 04-07-2003, 12:55 PM

CD 10 here.

The last two cycles I have had EWCM around CD 18 (but I am not charting so I don't know when/if I O'd for sure).

I really wanted to start charting this month but I mentioned it to DH and sensed his discomfort with it. DH is out of work right now and he has a lot on his plate mentally/emotionally so I want to respect that and not make baby making something else that puts pressure on him (searching for a job in this economy is enough pressure, kwim?).

Good Luck to everyone!! See you in the 2ww!
~Erin

PS ~ I just got Ina May's new book!! Has anyone read it? It's SO amazing!!!!
Old 04-07-2003, 07:38 PM

I was supposed to be here but I O'ed early. Good luck to everyone. I should be here very end of April/beginning of May.
Old 04-07-2003, 09:10 PM

Hi everyone. I am CD 4. Got a while before O, but thought I would come over and check in with you all. This is a great month for an egg. Spring is in the air and all that. I hope we have a bumper month!

Mama to 13, and 10 and 4.
Old 04-07-2003, 10:56 PM

I'm cd 12. I just started temping...about cd 6 or 7 because I lost my bbt...oops I'm not quite sure how to read the temps though. The thing I have is I haven't had one dry day....not one....plus my cervix has never gotten past high! It never went to a low position...I'm not sure how to take it. It has been firm or medium but never soft.

I thought charting might make things simpler I'm not really that uptight about it. I'm jsut trying to figure it out.

So, we'll see how this month goes. I actually got some condom free sex in....but it wasn't even close to when I would have needed it.....

I hope its ok that I'm here....even though I'm not ttc....YET!

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
Old 04-07-2003, 11:39 PM

I am seeing EWCM already!! This is early for me, I usually O around cd23, and it's only cd16. If I O on thursday, by my calculations the EDD would be New Year's Day, which would be fun.

Its_our_family, do you have TCOYF? I just bought it last month, and I strongly recommend it- charting without it is so confusing. The pictures alone were worth the price- where else can you SEE the difference between sticky and creamy?
For me, "firm" feels more pointy, and usually if it's truly soft it's also so high up I can't feel it anyway. Low, to me, means within reach.
Old 04-08-2003, 12:02 AM

I'm not new to charting cp or cm...just the temping. My cp usually gets really really low....not this month!

I'm glad I'm keeping track online though...that is really nice to have! I'm using fertility friend.....

about cp.....does tcoyf talk about actual measurments? Like high is typically this ___ and low is this ___

Old 04-08-2003, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by its_our_family
I'm not new to charting cp or cm...just the temping. My cp usually gets really really low....not this month!

I'm glad I'm keeping track online though...that is really nice to have! I'm using fertility friend.....

about cp.....does tcoyf talk about actual measurments? Like high is typically this ___ and low is this ___
No measurements, it just basically says if your middle finger can barely reach when you're squatting, it's high.
I didn't like fertility friend as much as manual charting- I'm more likely to remember to chart everything, like cramps and the time I woke up, if the chart is sitting right in front of me.
Old 04-08-2003, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by naotalba
No measurements, it just basically says if your middle finger can barely reach when you're squatting, it's high.
Yup, then even according to that it is high. It hasn't dropped at all this cycle.....

Old 04-08-2003, 10:57 AM

I meant to look and pop in...I'm at cd18 today, and pretty sure I O'd about 36 hous ago.
Can a low cp cause some discomfort while bding?
Old 04-08-2003, 12:28 PM

UmmNuh-yes a low cp can cause some discomfort. This has happened to me when I knew I was O a few times and read it somewhere too.

I'm CD 14 and thought my temp would spike for sure today I've had 3 days of EWCM and thought yesterday was my "last" day of it since was getting less. But nope, it's not that big of a deal since we have all the days covered but I'm tired today and hate BD to be a chore!

Hopefully tomorrow we'll have confirmation!

Hang in there everyone,
Ann

Old 04-08-2003, 01:21 PM

I am cd14...I keep thinking I'm only cd12

I had a temp spike today. I haven't had any ewcm though....its been incredibly watery...not sticky just watery since cd6....I don't know that I'll ever see the ewcm!

I can't wait to see what my temp does tomorrow!!

edited to add: The ewcm showed late morning.....O here I come!!

Old 04-08-2003, 09:25 PM

Good luck to everyone waiting for their eggies!

I have been bleeding for, what seems like, FOREVER! I started spotting on the 31st, thought it might be implantation bleeding. Stoped for a day then showed up on the 3rd. Still light, and dark, bleeding today. It's been over 7 days of bleeding...:

My question, I did have some bright blood on the 1st I believe, but absolutely nothing on the 2nd. On the 3rd definately started. Do I count the 1st as cd1 or the 3rd?

This is kind of weird for me. I have never had a cycle like this.:

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

Old 04-08-2003, 09:31 PM

Naturegirl, I would count that third day of bleeding as CD1 and then just watch all your o signs carefully. More later, babe woke up.

Old 04-09-2003, 01:18 PM

Ahhhrg! I thought my temp would spike today for sure but it only went up .2 degrees and I temped an hr late so this may be due to that. I'v ehad EWCM for 4 days which is a day longer than normal. I usually spike at least .5 in one jump so waiting for that big jump. This is my short cycle (27/28 day) and if I don't O by tomorrow I won't have a long enough luteal phase to support an egg-this has been a problem for me before but not every month. Hoping it's not this month!
I just want to know that I O for sure so we can get on with the waiting.
OK, I vented, feel better.
Take care,
Ann

Old 04-09-2003, 05:16 PM

I've got my fingers crossed for you Ann.
Don't be late for your date little egg!

Old 04-09-2003, 09:34 PM - Thread Starter

so I'm really depressed. I think I o'ed yest and dh and I haven't bd'ed in 5 days! I wasn't too fluidy and I thought I had a few days still. I should have known better. I guess I'll have to wait til next month! I'll know for sure tomorrow when I temp. blech!

Old 04-10-2003, 12:02 AM

Wolfmom, O can be tricky like that. Try tonight/ today anyway, it could just be pre- o pain. I hope you didn't miss it. Often you o after your peak day right? Let us know your temp results.

Old 04-10-2003, 12:52 AM

Well, I should be joining the 2ww pretty soon. I had a temp spike yesterday of a degree and today it was in the middle......we'll see what tomorrow brings.

I had o pain today.....I'm cd15...we bd'd the last time on cd14

We probably won't bd again for this cycle...since we aren't ttc...

But I'm hoping maybe we caught it in time.....Dh will be fine with another babe if we jsut have one and not have to try.....I think I said it earlier that I caught him looking into a maternity store and commenting on how cute the clothes were. He also told me that my weight didn't bother him at all How sweet...it ws the stress of him in school and me working and our whole situation that bothered him...but we're in a different life stage now...and he and Tracy are really starting to enjoy each other!!

Old 04-10-2003, 02:21 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Well, I'm going to hop onto this thread hoping I won't be here very long.... CD10 and last night got "transition" patterns on my Ovulens! I was hoping this cycle wouldn't be too long, but I never expected to get going this soon--when I've had "normal" length cycles before, they've usually been over 30 days. I just hope this isn't some wacko estrogen spike instead of the nice normal kind!

CM is creamy but gives tiny stretchy threads an inch long, so I hope it's heading for EW consistency.

I'm not temping--I gave up last summer due to problems w/waking up too much when alarm goes off, heat variations in bedroom, irregular sleep schedule, etc.--so Ovulens and CM are my sources of info. I'm thinking about getting an OPK to see if my LH also goes up in the next few days.

Meanwhile, our pet rabbit is sick and has to be fed medicine and carrot babyfood with a syringe. MrBecca is being so conscientious and gentle about it. Surely we could be good parents! C'mon, January baby!!

Good luck to everyone!

Mama to a boy EnviroKid treehugger.gif 9 years old and a new little girl EnviroBaby baby.gif!

I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more. computergeek2.gif

Old 04-10-2003, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter

well, it's official. I o'ed probably 2 days ago and I'm sure there was not enough bd'ing for a baby. I guess I'll have to wait til next month. sigh.

Old 04-10-2003, 05:03 PM

:
OK, not sure what I should think about this....I'm cd 16 and have had ewcm for 5 days-that's a record for me! (first day may be debatable but not the others) For the past 3 days I've expected a temp spike but nothing.
So last night I'm "swimming" in ewcm and told DH that there's no debate tonight!
So this am DH wakes up at 4am and I have to go the bathrm-I temped first and it was 97.1-ahhrg! (I usually temp at 6am)
I got up at 7:30 and temped again-97.6. This could be a jump but not sure since it was later than my usual temp time.
So which temp do I count???
Of course, tomorrow there better be a clear spike to settle this but my luteal phase is getting shorter and shorter which is starting to worry me-this cycle is only 28 days.
SO still playing the waiting the game and it's driving me nuts!
Ann

Old 04-11-2003, 02:08 AM

OK, I went back and reread my TCOYF (I've read this thing about 6 times in the last few yrs!) about drawing the coverline and temp shifts, etc. I "THINK" I started my temp shift yesterday since that was a 3/10th jump. We'll see tomorrow if it keeps going up, but I'm pretty sure it's time for me to switch to the 2ww...finally.
I swear, there is just too much obsessing going on!:
Looking forward to seeing the rest of you soon!!!
Take care,
Ann

Old 04-11-2003, 12:08 PM

I joined the 2ww I'm 4dpo.....I woke up today with VErY sore nipples....I'm thinking it from running in the rain to get in the house....I think......

I have Benjamin convinced he knocked me up It is so easy to get him going.....I told him that I ovulated 3 days ago....and he said...You mean the night you woke me at 1:00am and jumped me. I said....Um...Yeah.....

I told him that normally when I O I get super super horney. Well, this month it didn't happen. I said it was probably all taken care of the day I O'ed that I jumped him in my sleep.....

Now he keeps saying that the reason I'm not horney still (usually it lasts about 3 days) is because I got pregnant and I don't need to be!!

Hehehe.......but from charting and when we did have sex and when I did O...I have as good of a chance as anyone...right??

Old 04-11-2003, 02:03 PM

Megan, it sounds like you have an excellent chance this month!

Ann and Wolfmom, good luck on the other side. wolfmom, you never know, it could still happen despite sporadic bd.

Envirobecca, you are nearly there. Good luck catching that egg. I hope for a January baby for you too.

I am only CD 8, so i have a while here yet.

User Tag List