TTC 6+ Months October Support Thread - Page 15 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#421 of 497 Old 10-30-2006, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi ladies, have I thanked you all for the support?

Anyway, Stephanie. I hope AF stays away and you get that testing urge soon. You'll be outside your usual LP soon and that is a good reason to test!

Good luck tomorrow ItyBty! I'm thinking clear tubes and all that extra fertility we hear so much about (and I think oceanmommy is demonstrating it for us this month!).

I'm 14DPO expecting my period any moment. FF thinks today is test day, but it doesn't know I'm on clomid. Well, it might "know" but it doesn't adjust my LP for it. Anyway, I feel like I've already done my grieving and I'm trying to push all "well, maybe..." thoughts out of my head.

Anyone still reading? : My thoughts last night went something like this. We've had PERFECT timing for what 8 cycles now (we had a few where we missed it) and we aren't pregnant. All evidence suggests I am ovulating every cycle. So--something else HAS to be wrong. Right? I mean, if it wasn't wrong, we'd be pregnant right? So I need to figure out why we are still trying if its not going to happen. We can't afford any more testing, we can't afford any more treatment. So... stop right? But I am not sure how to do that. And what has gone so terribly wrong in the last 2 years that I'm broken now??
So I'm confused and PMSing--not a good combo. Thoughts?
#422 of 497 Old 10-30-2006, 07:08 PM

Hopesmom - I have also been trying with great timing, etc., for eight tries. Personally, I think: give it four good more tries before thinking something is wrong. Well, I am 37.5 so that is why I am thinking that way. I am not sure how old you are, but I do know I have young friends trying that took four and more tries, so eight is not so bad really. Your body has to find that perfect egg. It really is such an amazing thing to happen it should be hard when you think about how complicated it all is. But I know what you are feeling, and I do think it is too early to think there is something wrong. I am in the same boat with not having anymore treatment, I actually will not be getting any. So I will be here for at least another four months....unless luck comes my way sooner. Hang in there for the next couple of days. I hope : : :
#423 of 497 Old 10-30-2006, 07:25 PM

Another question for Hopesmom - Why were you given Clomid if you are ovulating normally? I am just curious. Because I was assuming that would not be an option for me as it seems like I am ovulating each month. Can you tell me what reason your doctor gave you Clomid? Here I am asking when last post I said nothing is wrong yet and I won't be getting treatment. Back and forth back and forth feelings...
#424 of 497 Old 10-30-2006, 07:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower View Post
Hopesmom - I have also been trying with great timing, etc., for eight tries. Personally, I think: give it four good more tries before thinking something is wrong. Well, I am 37.5 so that is why I am thinking that way. I am not sure how old you are, but I do know I have young friends trying that took four and more tries, so eight is not so bad really. Your body has to find that perfect egg. It really is such an amazing thing to happen it should be hard when you think about how complicated it all is. But I know what you are feeling, and I do think it is too early to think there is something wrong. I am in the same boat with not having anymore treatment, I actually will not be getting any. So I will be here for at least another four months....unless luck comes my way sooner. Hang in there for the next couple of days. I hope : : :
Thanks lilyflower. I guess I need to read or meet someone who tried for a year and nothing changed but they got pregnant, you know? Its a shame that our "graduates" move on. (Although I had to stop posting at another TTC board because so many of the pregnant ladies still posted there and I was feeling like the only NON pregnant woman there.) Part of me wants to keep trying until March. That was always my plan. I'm just worried I'm not functioning properly and have no idea what will help or what will hurt. Meanwhile, I ate a bunch of chocolate today. I figured...I'm either pregnant or I'm not this cycle. This can't possibly change that.
#425 of 497 Old 10-30-2006, 09:52 PM

I am kind of excited. Called my doctor and she is going to see me under another problem like irregular periods, rather than infertility, so that they can schedule me possibly for blood tests and HSG and it will be covered under insurance. So my appointment is tomorrow. This will be my first doctors visit regarding this so I am kind of excited to see if there is anything I can do. I am somewhat nervous as I was told of a girl TTC who needed progesterone but was given it in the wrong dosage for a year or so so it really messed her cycles up even more. I am really hoping this visit will help.
#426 of 497 Old 10-31-2006, 01:29 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quick question... in the slight chance that my temp is still up and all these cramps haven't led to af by morning, do you think it would be a waste to use a digital pee stick at this point? My husband chose it out a few months ago, and it's the only test we have right now.

I am pretty much to the point wgere I really want to know one way or the other, but in the past, if I've had a longer lp and I test - af always arrives that day. So now I feel like I'll jinx any pg chances I have if I poas. Ugh.

Stephanie MC 11/22/06 Jackson born 02/05/10 MC 07/14/14
#427 of 497 Old 10-31-2006, 02:23 AM

My vote is for POAS if temp is still up.

I am now on a Clomid quest. I feel excited to ask about Clomid for some odd reason and want to know if it is something that won't hurt to try for a couple of months. I am going to ask at the doctor tomorrow, but Oceanmommy did you try it this month? Anyone have any ideas on what I should find out first? I will ask everything I can think of tomorrow, but I really feel like I am hoping she will let me try something out this cycle, if it is not too late.
#428 of 497 Old 10-31-2006, 03:58 AM

Punquin I say POAS tomorrow if AF isn't here, that is a very reasonable day to test. : I hope, I hope, I hope :

Lilyflower, I am so excited to hear you are going to the dr tomorrow, I hope you have a positive experience and maybe even get some new info.
No I haven't tried clomid yet. I had asked my dr about it and he said if I wanted to try it I could, but he would probably want to try progesterone suppositories first (I am using the natural progesterone cream pro-gest right now, it's less a third of the dosage of the suppositories). He was the one who mentioned that if you are ovulating clomid could actually decrease your chances. That was the first I'd ever heard of that, I always had read that if you O on your own you could take it to achieve a more robust ovulation and to lengthen your luteal phase. BTW I know you can't take clomid with vitex, and I probably wouldn't take it with other herbals either unless you know what you are doing.

Tricia, I wanted to backup what Lilyflower said about it not being enough time yet to think there is some sort of problem. I just recently read that the 20-25% chance thing is based on people in their 20's of proven fertility... and chances fall to about 10% a month for couples in their early 30's (which is where dh & I are).
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopesMom View Post
Thanks lilyflower. I guess I need to read or meet someone who tried for a year and nothing changed but they got pregnant, you know?
When we ttc #1, our dd, it took 10 months of trying to finally get her, and there were no apparent problems. I was ready to give up. But say our chances then were 10% it figures we'd need 10 months. Maybe we just need a little longer now (all of us, as we get older)
I hope that helps

Hi Jodi ! Welcome to the thread, I hope you get the newbie luck on you and don't stay long

Chrissy ! how good to see you ! I have been thinking of you and Secretlytrying and wondering how you are. So how are you ? are you like 12 wks now ??? Don't forget to dust the crap out of us, we are due for some luck here :

Well I put a pregnancy poll on my chart because it's the nicest chart I think I've ever had and I've never put up a poll before. I am lovin my warmer temps but I have to remember that they are just numbers, they don't actually determine if we are pg. So much for not getting my hopes up eh ? I showed my chart to DH and he took an interest in it for a change. The next day when it dipped (8 dpo) he turned to me, looking worried, and said it went down, what does that mean ? is it bad ? He NEVER asks questions like that or looks at my chart, I think he is finally starting to catch up to me in terms of impatience with the ttc.
I've had a few good omens this cycle, i am afraid to post them here and jinx myself. : So one way or another I'll tell you about them next week, feel free to remind me if I forget and you are curious.

Yesterday we went to a rollerskating b-day party, it was so fun. It's been over 10 yrs since I went skating, I forgot how fun it is. There was a pregnant woman there, very pregnant, she is due in like a month, and all I could do was smile and think... well at least I get to go rollerskating
#429 of 497 Old 10-31-2006, 09:53 AM

Well, if I test today it becomes moment of truth time, I guess. I am 16 dpo, so if I get a bfn (like always), the chances of me being pg are slim to none. I am under a lot of stress, which could possibly explain the delay in af. I've had symptoms that could easily be pg, af, or stress. :

I don't know much about the digital tests - if they need a stronger reading to give you a bfp... But that is the only test I have. :

I haven't said anything about my chart to dh, besides saying a couple days ago that my af should have arrived already.

I'm not sure what to do... I'm still in bed, delaying my decision. :

#430 of 497 Old 10-31-2006, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter

oceanmommy- your chart definitely looks great! I'm hoping for you!
And thanks for the support. I guess it seems like everyone else gets pregnant so much faster than this. I'm 34 so getting up there, I guess. I've been thinking a lot about what your doc said about clomid and although I can't find any studies that back it up, it definitely influenced my decision to skip the clomid if we move on with this (which is what I'm leaning towards... at least at the moment.)

Good luck with your appt lilyflower! I've been on clomid for two cycles now.

Stephanie- I stalked your chart and saw that your temp is still up but I didn't see a test result. Did you test?

Oh and tomorrow is November. Does anyone else want the thread? I can keep it if there aren't any takers, but I'm happy to give it up. The next threadkeeper will probably get to move oceanmommy... so it'll be fun!
#431 of 497 Old 10-31-2006, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punquin View Post
I'm not sure what to do... I'm still in bed, delaying my decision. :
At this point, do you just want an answer? If so, I'd test.
What kind of digital is it? Can we look up how sensitive it is?
#432 of 497 Old 10-31-2006, 10:06 AM

stephanie, get up and test woman! i think stress can only delay o, thus delaying the whole length of your cycle, i don't think it can delay your LP. i think the clearblue digital tests are pretty early. also, i think pretty much any test would be accurate now.

tricia,

more later, baby crying

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#433 of 497 Old 10-31-2006, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopesMom View Post
At this point, do you just want an answer? If so, I'd test.
What kind of digital is it? Can we look up how sensitive it is?
Uh, I'd have to get out of bed to know for sure, (and DH is in the bathroom now) but it's a big name brand. DH is a tech geek and picked out the fanciest he could find.

#434 of 497 Old 10-31-2006, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Uh, I'd have to get out of bed to know for sure, (and DH is in the bathroom now) but it's a big name brand. DH is a tech geek and picked out the fanciest he could find.
Well, Clearblue Easy Digital says 25-50 mIU/mL.

Have you really not peed yet?
#435 of 497 Old 10-31-2006, 10:22 AM

I peed into a cup (couldn't hold it anymore, and DH is camped out in the bathroom with the peestick).

#436 of 497 Old 10-31-2006, 10:23 AM

oh my gosh, stephanie, the suspense is killing me!!!

oh,

and more to come.

#437 of 497 Old 10-31-2006, 10:34 AM

Don't get your hopes up! I am trying to prepare myself for the bfn it's going to be... :

#438 of 497 Old 10-31-2006, 10:46 AM

:
#439 of 497 Old 10-31-2006, 10:49 AM

aw, man! i have to leave to take the littles to preschool. well, i'm going to go about my day assuming it's +. i'll check back in later.

tricia and ocean, don't think i'm not wondering about whether or not you guys are going to test today!!!

#440 of 497 Old 10-31-2006, 11:07 AM

It says freaking PREGNANT!

I started shaking and ran downstairs to DH crying and holding it out. He wants a baby so bad that he wouldn't even let himself crack a smile. He told me to calm down and that it was too early to excited. I know he just doesn't want to get hurt. He wants me to wait to call the dr another week. We agreed we should get some tests for the next few days to confirm.

omg omg omg omg omg omg omg

At leadst this would explain why I've been a nutcase lately (emailing our real estate agent at 4 am with a panic attack). omg.

#441 of 497 Old 10-31-2006, 11:10 AM

: : punquin CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy for you!: :
#442 of 497 Old 10-31-2006, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
It says freaking PREGNANT!

At leadst this would explain why I've been a nutcase lately (emailing our real estate agent at 4 am with a panic attack). omg.
I KNEW IT! COngratulations!!!
#443 of 497 Old 10-31-2006, 11:19 AM

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats, Stephanie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :

I had a feeling this might be your month too - and I have been hoping for you for so many months!!! Happy and Healthy 9 to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#444 of 497 Old 10-31-2006, 12:41 PM

Oh Stephanie!!!! Hurray!!! I am so happy for you MAMA!

#445 of 497 Old 10-31-2006, 12:45 PM

OH my gosh!!!!!!! I can't believe it either!!! That is the greatest! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! PUNQUIN!!!!!!
#446 of 497 Old 10-31-2006, 12:46 PM

hopesmom - we'll get there!
#447 of 497 Old 10-31-2006, 12:57 PM

CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS Stephanie!!!!

I'm so happy for you!! Wishing you a happy and healthy pg!! Woohoo!!!!

: : : :

I hope this is a start of a trend around here!! I'm still lurking and can't wait to see more graduates!!
#448 of 497 Old 10-31-2006, 01:00 PM

hi secretly! by the way, i know who you are so nanny nanny boo boo!

#449 of 497 Old 10-31-2006, 01:00 PM

tricia, what is up with you today mama? it makes me sad that you are so down. you are such a sweet and kind mama and i know it is going to happen for you soon. are you still waiting for af?

#450 of 497 Old 10-31-2006, 01:10 PM

PUNQUIN!OMG! Yeah! : Awesome! :

My HSG is in 2 hours, and I'm !*nervous*! as heck.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page