TTC 6+ Months October Support Thread - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 497 Old 10-09-2006, 12:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I go away for the weekend, and look what happens!

: : CONGRATULATIONS SARAHJEN AND SECRETLY!!! : :

I'm so excited for you both! I feel so hopeful when women on this thread get their BFPs. Let's keep it up!!

to those who are taking a break and a great big to Katia.

I'm 4dpo, timing was great (we BD'd 2xs on O day), but I don't have much hope. I'm thinking that if I'm not pg, I can take my calming drugs on the plane and drink lots of wine in Spain. That way, if AF shows, I'll have a lot to not be disappointed about.

I'll try to catch up on more personals tomorrow.
#122 of 497 Old 10-09-2006, 01:52 AM

Congrats Sarahjen & Secretly

I know I've been MIA for awhile now, I've been secretly hoping that if I stayed away from this page that I wouldn't obcess, I don't think there is anything that can prevent that towards the end of the 2ww... and once you get sucked in here you can't stay away. I've been lurking. Good luck to everyone and I can't wait for more BFPs!
#123 of 497 Old 10-09-2006, 11:21 AM

I don't have any solutions for you Joygee, but I hope you find yourself with a bun in the oven very soon. It's going to be great!
#124 of 497 Old 10-09-2006, 12:00 PM

Wow - 2 BFP! Congrats mommies!
#125 of 497 Old 10-09-2006, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mostly just : and trying to bump our thread up to the first page.

CD7 today. Made an appt for acupuncture for CD14. She wanted me within 3 days of O. Normally, that would be hard to guess, but with clomid, I expect to be fairly regular.
#126 of 497 Old 10-09-2006, 08:52 PM

Hello Ladies,

Just checking on you to know how y'all are doing.

13DPO today, my common LP is 11. I tested today with $Tree, It showed
a 'dent' at the Test line. I will test again on Oct. 11th a date given by FF if there is no tomorrow.

Sending and blessings to everyone.
#127 of 497 Old 10-09-2006, 10:42 PM

: folaboye!
#128 of 497 Old 10-09-2006, 11:36 PM

Yes! Good luck, Fola!
#129 of 497 Old 10-10-2006, 12:02 AM

: : Fola!!
#130 of 497 Old 10-10-2006, 12:04 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Congratulations to secretlytrying!

Thanks everyone for all the support!

: for folaboye

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
#131 of 497 Old 10-10-2006, 01:02 AM

Wowzers! I guess good things *do* come in threes! Fingers crossed for you Folaboye!

I'm just waiting for AF to show up so I can call and schedule my HSG. I'm really not sure I have blockages, I'm really starting to wonder if I'm even ovulating, I don't get any EGCm at all, and this is the 2nd month in a row without crosshairs. It's really really hard to be hopeful when you aren't sure what the heck is going on, but I'm trying like hell. We've had a whole slew of BFP's lately, and I'm *so* happy for our new mommas here.
#132 of 497 Old 10-10-2006, 10:44 AM

WOW!!! Congratulations to the two BFP's!!! That's so wonderful! I can't believe there were two in a row!

I just wanted to stop by and give you all an update. AF just left, and I'm not expecting to O any time soon. I'm extreeeeemly stressed out right now. We're moving 600 miles from our current home and DH is already there. So I'm left to pack a 3 bedroom house with the occasional friend who takes pitty on me and helps. If I have ever been stressed in my life, I couldn't tell you because compared to this everything I've ever been through feels like CAKE now! So I'm expecting an extremely late ovulation and a very long cycle.

I hope everyone is doing well, and I'll be : from afar till we get moved. : for more BFP's!!!!!!!
#133 of 497 Old 10-10-2006, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

Good luck folaboye!

And I hope AF arrives soon, Itybty. I don't usually wish that for people, but there it is.
#134 of 497 Old 10-10-2006, 10:45 AM

Please help!

I am so scared. I had a big temp jump today. I have sore boobs. I just feel... full. I'm just afraid that I might be, or that Im going crazy and can"t tell anymore and have conjured this all up because i want it so badly and that I'll end up going through the whole unconfirmed thing again, and have my heart broken all over again, and I just don't know if I can do it. I can't quite convince myself that there's nothing to be worried about, although I desperately wish that I could decide that I'm not and get on with my life already. Last cycle I just knew I wasn't and I wasn't and it was no big deal>

somehow in the process of typing this i have royally messed up my keyboard so i apologize for the crazy punctuation>

real life is calling _ be back later
#135 of 497 Old 10-10-2006, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

anonk. I peeked at your chart- 6DPO, right? I know its hard but you are going to have to try and relax for a few more days. Its just too early to test, so try and think...this could be good but it might mean nothing. In a few days you'll either be feeling much more this way or you won't. The 2ww is crazy making.
#136 of 497 Old 10-10-2006, 12:07 PM

Oooh Folaboye, :, , and all that good stuff!!! I really hope this is it for you!!!!

Joygee and Racecar not to fuel your obsession, but I always have sore boobs after O too, except this month. I'm 17dpo now and they are starting to get sore, but definitely not like usual. I'm actually finding that a bit concerning, but I'm trying to relax about it. I hope it means good news for both of you. :

Anonymousk : for you. I hope you can find a way to relax for the next week or so.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the congrats!! I'm really touched. As for how long we've been trying, I'm not entirely sure, it was sort of a gradual process from cheating on the pull-out method to full on "okay, I'm going to O soon let's bd again, sigh." And the only thing we did different this month was bd'ing extremely close to O like about an hour before. Though I don't really think that was what finally did it, I think it was just "our time" so to speak.

Potent and hopefully for all!!!
#137 of 497 Old 10-10-2006, 12:27 PM

On my chart I had to do a couple of adjustments because I woke early and then late. On the 7th, I woke at 5:00 with my usual time 6:00.

My question: When I put the 5:00 temp, it gives me a crosshair for ovulating on the 6th, but when I adjust the temperature for 6:00 awakening, it takes them away. I am not sure if I should adjust that temp from the 6th of Oct.

I only adjust them because my time awake is so weird so a few of the others are adjusted so now I feel I need to be consistent. I really think I ovulated on the 7th.

To adjust or not adjust.....????? Adjusting makes the 6th temp dip lower because it was 5:00. Can anyone help?
#138 of 497 Old 10-10-2006, 12:29 PM

Anon - I know, I should be the last person to say this, but try to not read into anything. You've still got about a week before you can test. Just try to keep focused on other things.

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#139 of 497 Old 10-10-2006, 01:02 PM

Yea!!! Good for you!!!:

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#140 of 497 Old 10-10-2006, 01:03 PM

Sorry, that was for everyone that got the BFP's in the last few days!!!

#141 of 497 Old 10-10-2006, 01:10 PM

Oh, if I don't get a BFP then I will get AF on Tuesday next week and start Clomid on Friday next week. Not looking forward to that, but I guess that's how the cookies crumble. Anyone else doing clomid???

#142 of 497 Old 10-10-2006, 05:16 PM

Tenk - hope your stay here with us is short! If you'd like to be added to the list on the first page be sure to let our threadkeeper this month know!

----------------

Still waiting for af to clear out this cycle. I had a good talk with dh last night about my frustration and for the very first time he was actually able to discuss the "what ifs" with me. Before he would just say that we shouldn't worry about it because it would happen any time now. It was actually a little reassuring to me that he was willing to talk about the possibilities if we don't have another child. It didn't take away the hurt, it was just comforting. Anyway... : to all those still in the 2ww!!
#143 of 497 Old 10-11-2006, 12:40 AM

We need a bump

pampered_mom: I agree that it can be comforting to talk about the next steps and what ifs--scarey too, but good.

Tenk: I'm not doing clomid yet... but soon?

lilyflower: I think you should not adjust and just keep the possibility of either day in your mind. It is too easy to take FF as some kind of real handle on your fertility... but it's just a "friend." Shouldn't make you crazy. And in either case, you know you're in the 2ww now.

secretly: "just our time" huh? Well, can't do anything about that except wait...

Me... getting into that zone of the 2ww where a pos test would be possible but not likely. Crazy! I think I'll wait until Saturday. Not sure though. And for some reason I feel superstitious about talking about symptoms or non-symptoms this time. Shhh... secret uterus here. Shhh...
#144 of 497 Old 10-11-2006, 01:22 AM

OMG Funnygrace your chart looks great ! I won't say anything else because of your Secret Uterus, but I'll be watching your chart and keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Pampered Mom It's a hard talk to have but a good one. I know my dh isn't ready to speculate on that yet... he says "nothings wrong, it will happen, just wait". How can he be so patient ? Doesn't his heart break every month that isn't the one ? Men are strange creatures.

Tenk hello, and welcome to the thread. I hope your stay is short and sweet. I have never used clomid myself but I know others here have. Here's hoping it works for you !

Lilyflower I don't know what to tell you but it looks like you now have your crosshairs where you feel they are right ? So that is good. Last month I wound up adjusting my O date on FF, and I had to remind myself that there's just a few hours difference in one day and the next sometimes, YKWIM ? I say if in doubt put them where they feel right or just discard the temp altogether. Which of course means waiting longer.

Secretly are you going to unmask yourself before you run off to your ddc ? How will we know its you when we see you elsewhere : ?

Anonymousk good luck surviving the 2ww - sounds like a tough one. Your chart looks great, I hope this is the one for you.

Fola your chart also looks lovely ! Good luck testing tomorrow !!! :

Mommy in Chaos... sorry, it does sound pretty chaotic for you right now. I hope it's a smooth move and a late O for you

ItyBty I thought of you when I scheduled my HSG this afternoon.

Yup, my HSG is on Friday the 13th... that's ok right ? Friday the 13th is actually supposed to be a lucky day for women so I thought it might be ok. It will be CD 8 then. If you want to freak yourself out (or fascinate yourself ? depends on who you are I guess) go to google images and type in HSG. Freaky x-ray pictures of reproductive organs. The fallopian tubes look like tiny hairs, all lit up and twisted.

I have been trying to get this scheduled for two days and now that it is here I am a little scared of the whole thing, and sad that it has come to this. Excited of course too, I hope we are one of those hsg success stories we've all heard of. I hope it doesn't hurt too much, my dr said to take two aleve an hour ahead of time for the cramping. I was dismayed to find that it is done by an x-ray tech in a facility next to the hospital and my dr is not there. I trust him, my dr, I don't know who I will see on Friday. OTOH, hopefully this is someone who has done a million of these tests and is good at doing them. : Keep me in your good thoughts friday that things go smoothly and all is well.
#145 of 497 Old 10-11-2006, 10:33 AM - Thread Starter

Hi all, was just checking in and need to get moving so not a lot of time for personals.

Just wanted to say, good luck to oceanmommy on Friday. I'm sure it will go "fine" and I hope you have the very positive side effect so many women report!

Tenk- I already added you to our list, so no worries there. Also, I AM currently on my second cycle of clomid. What would you like to know? (Other than obviously it didn't work for us our first cycle...) I seem to be exhausted all the time and the end of the 2ww I was very very ill. Pregnant-like ill. Which made it a torturous 2WW and I had a really tough time accepting the BFN and my period. I'm going to remember that it does this to me this cycle, and realize that I basically need to ignore what my body is doing after O and just wait and see if my period arrives. Not sure if that will make me calmer or not. LOL If you have other questions, let me know. My husband is also an OB/GYN so I may be able to answer other stuff. Although he has ZERO clue why we aren't getting pregnant... so maybe he's not much help after all. :

OK. Off to get the day moving forward.
#146 of 497 Old 10-11-2006, 11:42 AM

Oceanmommy--Good luck on Friday! I image googled HSG, like you suggested, and so cool! Are you so excited to see your insides? I saw my heart beating once in an echocardiogram and cried because it was so sweet.

Those tubes look so unlikely as a reliable road to Uterus! No wonder it is kind of hit or miss.

Maybe I'll get one too! I'm already starting to feel the fear of disappointment. I have planned to go out for drinks but thinking about an HSG too might be a good consolation prize.
#147 of 497 Old 10-11-2006, 02:29 PM

Fola ? where are you this morning? Thinking about you and good luck!
#148 of 497 Old 10-11-2006, 03:14 PM

ItyBty Let's hope you don't have to have the hsg, because it happens this time. That is what I am rooting for!

Anonymousk I hope you can get through this anxious period okay - I know last month I was extremely anxious and my temp stayed up all the way until I was one day late and my period started that day with temp up. So it seems the temp thing didn't really work for me. I know I was more anxious that usual last month. I had a lot of "symptoms" and have now realized my boobs are always sore after ovulation through until next period.

Secretly I was looking back over the last month posts and I am sure glad you didn't give up trying!!

Mommyinchaos Good luck with your move and I hope you can relieve some of your stress somehow. I know it is difficult, but I really love moving! It's a new adventure.

Hopesmom I hope your acupuncture works for you, but I am really hoping you get a BFP before then!

Ocean - Good luck on Friday and I really hope you get the answers you need, but really hoping it does the trick on its own. I would love to have one but my insurance does not cover. I may just save up and do it at some point.

Funnygrace I have my fingers crossed for you. I really like the calm and cool attitude. I think it has rubbed off on me this time!

Hezzy I am sort of close to you in this, hope your wait is going well.

Pamperedmom I am really glad you were able to discuss some of that with your husband. I hope this happens for you this time so you won't have to worry about that. And yes, men do seem very strange about this. I really don't think they can understand the feelings involved. It is very weird.

Tenk I hope the Clomid works for you!

Thanks for the advice about my chart, I changed the setting from Advanced to Research so that my crosshairs would show the day I think is it. Otherwise, advanced still doesn't have them. I put back all of the initial temps even though they are all over the place as I can never sleep all the way through the night. I will really not be able to tell much from my temping I don't think. I don't quite trust the situation as it is because of last month's high temp at the end. I was really hoping for a hint that my period was coming. Anyway, feeling much better today at 4 DPO than yesterday. I have been thinking about taking a break from the mental stress of this next month.
I am not sure, but yesterday I felt an overwhelming feeling of why did I even try, I can't handle another month of BFP! I regretted the effort as I can't stand the anguish of this TWW. I feel a little more relaxed today and hope I can continue that for a while here.
#149 of 497 Old 10-11-2006, 03:53 PM

I have been having to shell out a little bit more money than I wanted for OPKs and HPTs lately. I had checked several times at our $Tree for the past several months and they never had any. BUT....today they had lots and I couldn't resist! I just HAD to stock up!!!
:
#150 of 497 Old 10-11-2006, 06:03 PM

And now, just to add some interest I've started spotting. Go figure that one out... :

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page