TTC 6+ Months October Support Thread - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 497 Old 10-13-2006, 09:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Had to check in...and ask Tenk a question. You work at Lenovo in RTP? My very good friend worked there until a few months ago! (I live in Raleigh) Did you know a Lorie?

Hugs to you all. I am still reading and praying for all of you!

Becky, married to DH, Vern , for 11 years. Mom to DS, Z (1/01), DD, A (5/02), Hershey (11 yo Shih-tzu) and May 2010 TTC #4 on my homepage!
#182 of 497 Old 10-13-2006, 09:33 AM

Fola: I was really hoping this month would be it for you and I could move you on the thread! Sorry it didn't work out that way. Praying for you.

I am doing my best here. My chart is triphasic, no matter what FF says. Boobs are getting heavier and more sensitive. Mood is completely out of control. Bloated beyond belief. I am taking Optivite supplements which are supposed to assist with PMS (by correcting LPD stuff) so either they are messing me up like the Pill or something else is going on. I could not take the Pill to save my life. I was a psycho.

I saw my therapist yesterday and talked to her about it and she said it was perfectly normal to take two 30 minute showers a day. We talked about the dreams that I have been having and she said they seemed like adoption dreams. All my dreams are about touring houses. Usually there are kids in there somewhere, mine or someone else's, that I find along the way. I don't know if I'm really ready to consider adopting right right now but I know I am not TTC in 2007. Maybe this cycle will be it, I don't know. But I am OVER IT.

s to all of you. Have a great weekend!!
#183 of 497 Old 10-13-2006, 12:42 PM

ChristyM26 - Chart looks interesting..
#184 of 497 Old 10-13-2006, 12:51 PM

Lily - your chart is lookin good too!
#185 of 497 Old 10-13-2006, 01:45 PM

Lilyflower - I know, it does interesting... I don't know what to do with it though. I think I'm to afraid to hope. I'm still spotting too... :

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#186 of 497 Old 10-13-2006, 03:50 PM

ChristyM My mom is the CFO for Richard Childress Racing, so yep, very familiar with Nascar. Good to know tho, we visit there a ton now. Just last weekend actually.
I forgot who asked the question, I don't know anyone by the name Lorie, but there are TONS of people here. I only started in July, I was with HP prior to this in Colorado. We've been here only 4 months.

I'm feeling bleu..today. I took HPT this morning and it was BFN! I have to keep telling myself that I'm still 4 days early tho. AF is supposed to come on the 17th, prefer she not tho. My IL's are coming today for about 6 days, i love them so it's fine. We were just so hoping that we could tell them we're pregnant again tho and it doesn't seem were going to be able to.

A great friend of mine got married on 09/23/06 and we couldn't go of course just moving here and all. She and her hubby have never practiced safe sex, and I always told her she was going to get PG. Everytime I asked her she would say "NO I'm not PG" well I talked to her today and she is 20 weeks, but was afraid to tell me since Kamryn passed away. She didn't want to hurt me. Well I'm not hurt, happy for her actually, I just don't understand why someone who is not trying, can have a baby and someone (Kevin and I for example) lose a beautiful baby girl at full term...I mean she was 7lbs 3ozs and perfect. And all of you, we're trying to bring a baby into the world and it's not happening...UGH

I need this day to end so I can put on my sweats, and relax. I'm really not mad at her or anyone, it just seems like someone is playing a cruel joke on me. Sorry ladies, I hope you all have an amazing weekend and get BFP's
BABY DUST TO ALL!!!

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#187 of 497 Old 10-13-2006, 05:03 PM

Tenk - Your mom's job amused me, cause I love RCR. They're a great team. And you're right about testing to early. Try to give it a few more days.

On another odd note, I discarded a temp a few days ago, and wouldn't you know it, FF gave me crosshairs back. The chart itself... well, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I still don't know if I should be hopeful, as the spotting hasn't quit yet, but it's all brown and not very much at all. I guess a few more days will tell, huh?

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#188 of 497 Old 10-13-2006, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter

fola!! I am sorry, I was really hoping this was it for you.

pampered_mom- We are in Rochester! SE MN too. And brrr is right, although today is definitely better!

Hang in there Tenk. I think we all know how hard that can be.
#189 of 497 Old 10-13-2006, 08:17 PM

Oceanmommy--How did the hsg go?
#190 of 497 Old 10-14-2006, 12:58 AM

Small world, HopesMom. We're only about 45-50 minutes away from you - who knew? I'll actually be in Rochester at the beginning of next month (the 9th) for a birth film that they're showing. I actually think that the filmmaker herself lives in Rochester. The non-profit org I'm involved with is having a booth. Too funny...
#191 of 497 Old 10-14-2006, 02:24 AM

Small world indeed, I grew up in Rochester...... the one in upstate New York.

Tenk I need to give you a big hug. I am so sorry for the loss of your perfect girl. I don't know why something so horrible would happen. Some folks believe that those little ones which are lost before they are born will come back to us in another body that works better for them.
I hope you get your bfp soon, and that it eases the pain of missing Kamryn.

Fola, I am sorry AF found you.:

ItyBty, Lilyflower, Christy, Anonymousk, and Funnygrace, your charts are all looking really good : I see more bfps coming to this thread soon.

Ok, how did the HSG go ? (the hysterosalpingogram). Well, I wish I could say it went smooth as silk, but I won't lie to you. Yes today is Friday the 13th, in its somewhat unlucky sense, but this story does have a happy ending.

Ok first, it is done at the hospital, and the parking there is very tight. I was almost late because I had to just drive around until someone left so I could park in their spot. It felt crazy. Last night I had terrible sleep, thinking about the HSG and just feeling anxiety. Anyways, I finally get in and find the right place and they don't have me on their books. I tell them that they called two days ago to check on my insurance. There is a big crazy runaround and finally they find me there under my maiden name which I would never have guessed because I have been married over 7 years and have never been there before.

Ok finally, I am taken back and lock my clothes up and go into the x-ray room. My helper (I don't know her title... nurse, assistant, tech, not sure) was a very nice woman who told me she had gone through an HSG before herself (she & her dh wound up divorced and he turned out to have male factor anyways). I met the assistant radiologist who was to do the procedure, he was nice, we all chatted. Ok lay back, speculum, like a pelvic exam, I am thinking, ok I can deal with this it only takes a few minutes. Wrong. As it turns out after many futile attempts including a painful incident with the speculum, this dr (?) gives up and gets the senior radiologist to come in. Which I am all for at that point, I want the most experienced person doing this. We go through it all again, and finally he gets it. It was hard to get the cathereter through my cervix. I kept thinking of Funnygrace and her secret uterus.... and that I have a secret cervix that is very difficult to deal with. Well I guess it was enough to keep me from going crazy because just when I was about to give up and say I couldn't take anymore it finally worked. I had some cramping, it was similar to having AF and the uncomfortable sensation was like getting a pap smear. Painwise it was very similar to getting an annual gynelogical exam, I would think, unless you have some crazy cervix like mine that takes and hour instead of 5 mins.

Once they got the cathereter in it was a piece of cake and took like 3 minutes. They had me turn side to side. There was a tv monitor there but I wasn't able to see it while the procedure was done, I did see it afterward for the last shot, a normal looking upside-down-triangle uterus with tubes and spillage out of both tube ends. The Radiologist said both tubes were open and it all looked normal.: That was worth all the trouble.

So happily ends the saga of the HSG. I have spotting and clear contrast fluid leaking but I am hoping I am back to normal tomorrow. I took two aleve an hour before my appointment and I think it really helped. I had some cramping this afternoon similar to AF.

Of course, as I was laying there experienceing all this trouble with my cervix it makes me wonder if the little spermies have trouble navigating it as well
#192 of 497 Old 10-14-2006, 10:02 AM

It's time once again for me to rattle off my phantom pregnancy symptoms! I'm sure my period will come once I'm done with this ramble. : Anyhoo, Today is day 28 of my cycle (I am "normally" a 26ish day-er.) I tested, what, two days or so ago with a generic digital that said NOT pregnant and I messed up the second one that came in the box yesterday. If I am right about when I O'ed I am about 13 dpo. My boobs are now definitely hurting. They throb when I sleep on my belly. I got a teeny bit woozy yesterday in the car just driving around (and I wasn't even attempting to read which is usually how I get carsick.) I had some cramps (very light) and a tiny bit of backache a few days ago but the cramps have pretty much stopped over the past day or two...which is unusual when AF is imminent. Now, of course, I am worried because if I am pregnant my "symptoms" are so mellow and I am ultra-keyed up about having a sticky bean after my miscarriage. :

Oceanmommy, I'm so glad the HSG showed you clear tubes! Sorry that your "secret cervix" threw people off.
#193 of 497 Old 10-14-2006, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter

Came in mostly to check on oceanmommy. I'm sorry it was so much more difficult than expected. But good news that all is in working order and I'm hoping you get that extra fertility that women and doctors say happens after the procedure!

Not far at all from us pampered_mom! Big internet, small world. What is it you are coming to Rochester for exactly?

What is your retest plan racecar? Not to mention when are the rest of you ladies with stunning charts planning to test! Let me move a lot of you this month... but not everyone.
#194 of 497 Old 10-14-2006, 11:19 AM

Just popping in to say hello, I'm still lurking, thinking of you and hoping for you all all.

Oceanmommy, glad to hear your results were good even through a lousy beginning, hope it brings you this month.
#195 of 497 Old 10-14-2006, 11:47 AM

Oceanmommy - Glad to hear that the HSG results were good, even if the test itself was a bit stressful. Hopefully that helps.

Question to all: FF says that I should test next Saturday. I'm 10 dpo today... Assuming my temp stays up, would Wednesday (14dpo) be a reasonable day to test?? I don't want to test to soon and since I'm still spotting I'm a bit baffled. My normal lp is 15-16 days, so that would be a couple days early. What do you all think?

#196 of 497 Old 10-14-2006, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

Christy, if you're dying to test I'd say 14dpo is very reasonable. FF likes to give you a test date after your expected period. If your LP varies they err on the side of later. They are trying to help us avoid testing and then getting our period when expected. But you can test earlier!

Good luck!
#197 of 497 Old 10-14-2006, 12:36 PM

Oceanmommy, I just came to see how your HSG went. Sorry about the "secret" cervix but I'm so, so glad to hear everything was clear and that you're not hurting too much. Hoping that the post-HSG fertility boost is just what you need to get pg.

Folaboye, so sorry af found you.

Lilyflower, I'm so glad we didn't give up too!! You're chart is looking great!! :

So many good looking charts right now. Here's hoping for several more soon!!

for all!
#198 of 497 Old 10-14-2006, 01:13 PM

oceanmommy - so glad that the HSG went well! Maybe this will give you that final bit of oomph to get over the hump so to speak.

hopesmom - It's a birth film by a local filmmaker. You'll have to forgive me b/c I can't for the life of me remember the title or where exactly it's going to be in Rochester. From what I understand it's going to be fairly big. When I get my hands on the info I'll let you know!
#199 of 497 Old 10-14-2006, 01:16 PM

Hello all,
Oceanmommy--Congrats on completing your HSG--thanks for such a detailed account! I hope it cleared your tubes and made them a super highway for this cycle's sperm-egg conference.

Alas, my secret-uterus technique did not pay off. Apparently not openly obsessing about symptoms or lack of symptoms does not make one pregnant automatically. I had very few symptoms this month--just sore boobs and nipples when I started the Prometrium. My temp is still up due to the extra progesterone, but I'm 14 dpo and I got a bfn this morning. A strong bfn. It showed up right away and stayed that way. This was cycle... 15 for us. Clearly in infertility territory. : But I had a cup of strong tea this morning and can now have a cocktail or two over the next 2-3 days. We had a weird home situation last month and will again this cycle--houseguest. So, I'm thinking that this next month I may treat myself to trying Mayan uterine massage. I'll let you all know how it goes. I'm doing the Mayan U M this month because I don't think we can do Clomid and IUI until the houseguest is gone. House is very small and I wouldn't really be able to explain the presence of midwives in the house and the closed bedroom door for the IUI. Uncomfortable. So that next step will have to wait.

Racecar--Your symptoms sound good! :

To those nearing the end of your 2ww--bring us : some !
#200 of 497 Old 10-14-2006, 02:53 PM

Thanks so much for all the support and well wishes on the hsg. It is an incredible help to feel so supported by such knowledgeable women as yourselves, who truly understand what I am going through. I got tears in my eyes reading through the last day or so of posts and having people think good thoughts for me, it really touches my heart. Thank you. :

OOh and getting dusted by our two most recent grads.... that has got to be lucky.

Christy.... I say test on 14dpo, that is a decent amount of time for most (but not all) ladies.

Funnygrace, I am sorry to hear about the bfn. It is still possible though so I am not giving up on this cycle for you yet :

Racecar.... plans for a re-test ? : Keeping my fingers crossed for you !
#201 of 497 Old 10-14-2006, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamered_mom View Post
hopesmom - It's a birth film by a local filmmaker. You'll have to forgive me b/c I can't for the life of me remember the title or where exactly it's going to be in Rochester. From what I understand it's going to be fairly big. When I get my hands on the info I'll let you know!
Yes, please do that!
#202 of 497 Old 10-14-2006, 04:55 PM

I am frustrated! If I take out my CM findings on FF, with Advanced it changes my ovulation date to the 9th, but if I set it to research or FAM method, it changes it to the 7th. I am just frustrated.
#203 of 497 Old 10-14-2006, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter

lilyflower. Is it ridiculous to suggest that whats done is done and you might just try and relax and see what happens? I know it stinks, but it either happened or it didn't, right? Easier said than done, I know, but with so much ambiguity this cycle maybe just letting it go would be healthy.

My new thing is that I am assuming this isn't the month (why would it be?) and just doing the best I can manage. Of course I haven't O'ed yet, so its easier at this point.

eta: that my post sounds cold and as if I don't have any sympathy for your frustration. I don't know how to reword it to make it sound how I mean. I'm sorry this is happening to you and I wish I could tell you which day you Oed.
#204 of 497 Old 10-14-2006, 05:06 PM

No worries! I am just venting about the program actually! I really feel pretty calm this month. I feel the same as every other month physically, nothing out of the ordinary and so I am feeling like it didn't happen again. But I am actually calmer this month than any previous months.
#205 of 497 Old 10-14-2006, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

Calm is good lilyflower. Sorry FF is such a pain. I don't temp so I'm not sure why I keep track of things there.
#206 of 497 Old 10-14-2006, 08:55 PM

I tried the "calm" thing, but got over it really quickly. I'm just ready to be pregnant!

Still waiting to O this month...
#207 of 497 Old 10-15-2006, 12:24 AM

Oceanmommy: Thank you for your account, I'm sorry it started so uneasily, but I'm glad you got really good results in the end! I hope its all you guys need and we are celebrating your bfp next month!

Racecar: My boobs never got sore, I just started. What that means, I don't know. Anyway, you have some great symptoms and I look forward to your next test!
#208 of 497 Old 10-15-2006, 11:02 AM

Good morning everyone. I just wanted to drop by and tell everyone that is testing in the next days or so GOOD LUCK!!! I know everyone wants and deserves a BFP.
Oceanmommy I'm sorry the test was so trying for you, but at least it can make you more fertile and this month may be it.
I got another BFN yesterday but didn't use FMU, I just did it last night, and I think I've freaked my body out so much I'm actually having PG symptoms MORE than normal (but I really know I'm not PG). My BB's are way more sore than normal, I'm constipated (never before AF), I'm eating more, I'm sooo sleepy, I have even put on a pound or 2 (which is very rare). I hate this, but hey CLOMID on the 20th right? Ok, well have a wonderful weekend.

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#209 of 497 Old 10-15-2006, 11:42 AM

Hi ladies. Looks like it's time to move on to this board.

My name is Katie, I'm 23 and have been TTC #2 since 03/06. We do have one wonderful little boy already who turns 1 next week. I had definitely hoped to be preggo before his birthday rolled around but that's not gonna happen. I'm CD2 right now, and so so so frustrated because I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Declan was concieved on BC for pete's sake!

I look forward to getting to know you all though!
#210 of 497 Old 10-15-2006, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome MoonGypsy!

I'll add you to our list. I hope you have luck soon. I can totally relate to that feeling of a "deadline." I had hoped I'd be very pregnant by the time my son turned 2. Less than 2 months from his bday and I'm not pregnant at all. These "milestones" can be difficult. and good luck to you.

As for me, I got a ambigously +OPK today. I'll try again tomorrow but my sense is that I'm going to O tomorrow or Tuesday. No big deal which it is really, I guess. I go for acupuncture tomorrow.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page