TTC 6+ Months October Support Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-29-2006, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
TTC 6+ months September Support Thread

Welcome to the support thread for those of us who've been trying for a little bit longer than the average bear. The 6-12 month mark in TTC seems especially tough because it's been longer than a lot of people but
not quite long enough to qualify for the next level of treatment/approach.

We would love to talk with others who are at simliar places in
their TTC journey. Please jump on in and introduce yourselves!

TTC for 6+ Months

allisonrose-TTC #1 since 10/05
anonymousk – TTC #1 since 5/06
c_something- TTC #1 since 12/05
ChristyM26 – TTC #1 since 2/06
Coome – TTC #1 since 9/05
Funnygrace – TTC #1 since 9/05
GoodyTiptoesWish – TTC #2 since 1/06
Hezzy – TTC #1 since 11/05
Itybty – TTC #1 since 10/05
Joygee - TTC #2 since 9/05
Kvan – TTC #2 since 8/05
Let it be-TTC#1 since 3/06
Lilyflower – TTC #3 since 2/06
Maybebabysoon – TTC #1 since 9/05
Megnmama – TTC #2 since 8/05
mommy in chaos-TTC #2 since 3/06
~MoonGypsy~-TTC #2 since 3/06
Mosquitobite - TTC #? since 7/05
Oceanmommy – TTC #2 since 7/05
Pamered_mom – TTC #2 since 12/05
Pycelan – TTC #3 since 10/05
Racecar – TTC #2 since 10/05
SereneBabe- TTC #2 since...
Tarahsolazy – TTC #2 since 11/05
Tenk-TTC #5 since 4/06
Willzmama – TTC #2 since fall/05
wombatclay - TTC #2 since 2/06

Graduates

HopesMom-due 7/07 with #3 after 10 months TTC
punquin- due 7/07 with #1 after 15 months TTC
Secretlytrying – due 6/07 with #3 after ? months TTC
SarahJen – due 6/07 with #1 after 8 months TTC
Txbikegrrl – due 6/07 with #1 after 5 months of TTC!
ChristineIndy - due 6/07
Chrissy – due 5/07 with #3 after 11 months of TTC!
Arwyn - due 3/07 with #1 after a whole bunch of months of TTC!
Paisley – due 3/07 with #2 after 9 months of TTC!
Didkisa – due 3/07 with #1 after 7 months of TTC!

to you all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2006, 07:58 PM

Beautiful thread, HopesMom!!
Old 09-29-2006, 09:07 PM

Oooohhhhhh, it's all pretty!! Thanks Hopesmom. Sorry about the bfn

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
Old 09-29-2006, 09:52 PM

Thanks for the pretty new thread!

I'm reposting this from the old thread:

Hello all. Sorry I've been a little out of touch. Just very busy. And, I guess, trying to keep my distance a bit from the TTC stuff.

I only have a couple of minutes, but I wanted to say to the new folks and tell everyone close I have : for you

I had my appointment with a new gyn yesterday and he was great. He did an u/s and pointed everything out to me. I have a little cyst on one ovary and a slight thickening in my uterus that could be nothing or could be a small fibroid or polyp. So, he's sending me for a hysterosonogram, which is where they fill your uterus with saline to puff it up and then do an u/s. He's also sending me for blood work on day 3, and DP for another SA. If nothing turns up on any of these, we'll do an HSG. I'm happy that we're moving forward with some investigation. The bad news is, you have to do this sonogram on days 8-10. I'm on day 9, and I can't get an appointment anywhere. AND, next month at this time in my cycle I'm going to be out of town. (The good news is I'm going to Spain, so I can't really complain... much.) So it may be late november before we can get any of these tests done. But, honestly, it'll be just a year then. And maybe we'll get pg before then and won't have to do any of them! Although, truthfully, I'm not very hopeful.

I have to run -- I'm very late for work. Thanks for listening!!
Old 09-29-2006, 10:04 PM

Hezzy - I have the same tests and bloodwork scheduled next month if this month is another BFN, good luck...

HopesMom - sorry about the bfn
Old 09-29-2006, 10:58 PM

Hi Ladies,

I got my coverline today. But not really feeling well since yesterday. I've been having a lots of headache, feverish: upper back ache. Well Ladies I think it will be for good course.

Thanks Hopesmom for the new thread, and sorry for the BFN. I hope the new cycle will be the one for you.

Shout out to others, praying for you all.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Old 09-29-2006, 11:55 PM

funnygrace, it's so funny that you mention EWCM excitement because I am having similarly awesome CM and I made myself laugh by thinking of one of my more encouraging, straight-up awesome and knowledgeable friends (she had a hella hard time with her #2 but her #3 was a great surprise and I think she is feeling a little "survivors guilt" since she knows what a struggle I've been having) and the discussion we had about EWCM ("How's your mucus?" That's a friend!). I wanted to call her up and give her a big squeal-y report but maybe I'll hold off and telling her the amusing anecdote next time I see her.

So yeah, I'm excited because I had the cup-runneth-over EWCM and my dh drank a cup of coffee at dinner (a little caffeine is supposedly good for swimmers, some reports say). We shall see.

I've been looking at Google image search results of "Iowa + winter" and it SKEERS me. I'm used to cold weather = having to wear clothes toed shoes. My "winter coat" is a hoodie. Ah, I can't stress too much until he gets the job and we really make a decision.

Hezzy, I'll be thinking about you and hoping you really do get a bfp before the scheduled tests.

Folaboye, I hope you are feeling better soon and if you are not it's for a good reason!
Old 09-30-2006, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Glad everyone likes the thread. I'm not as proficient or as liberal with the smilies as some.

I'm in a better mood today. Trying not to hold onto hope and trying to accept that we failed again this cycle. As you know, it is so hard until your period arrives.

Best to all... sometimes its hard to get on on the weekends, but I'll be around!
Old 09-30-2006, 01:23 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Hi, I'm hoping I can join in with you ladies. I'm on the cusp of a year trying but the 12+ month thread seems kinda empty. Hubby and I started trying October (21), 2005. We're TTC our first.

I went to see my doctor at 9 months trying (I fibbed about my start date). She had me do blood tests and an HSG. Everything came back normal according to her. I took a look at the results and noticed the progesterone isn't what every doctor would consider normal (8.7). She told me to relax, pray and come back in 4-6 months if not yet pregnant. I'm going to call for an appointment on Monday for after AF leaves and talk to her about the excessive spotting I've been having. If she still wants to take a wait and see position, I'm going to see another GYN or might go straight to an RE. Unfortunately the closer RE is just over an hour drive from my house and close to two hours drive from work.

Wow that's a long intro with not much info.

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
Old 09-30-2006, 01:43 PM

Allisonrose - I too should be in the 12+ months thread, but I'm going to hang out here for a while longer. I do lurk in 12+months, but haven't posted yet. I just scheduled (kinda) and HSG with my Dr, and I need to do the blood test too. Can I ask how awful the HSG was?

Another thing - I've bought TCOYF, and I've read the descriptions of the different types of CM, and I am still a wee bit confused about how to tell. I mean, the EWCM should be obvious, right? Cause the book decribes it as practically like a river, and I've never had anything like that. She also mentions Pre-seed, but I haven't got a clue where I can get that... Has anyone here tried it?
Old 09-30-2006, 01:49 PM

Happy Saturday!

Thanks for the new thread, Hopesmom! I think a smilies break is rather nice... relaxing. I'm sorry to hear about your bfn but am glad that you are feeling a bit better. I usually go through a similar pattern.

Hezzy--How fun to look in your uterus and see those ovaries! That's awesome. A trip to Spain? Fantastic!

Fola--Happy ovulation to you and good luck with your 2ww.

EWCM buddies, Racecar? Ewww... actually, mine's not great now. And I'm getting "peak" readings on my monitor (which is also exciting). But I think that might be part of my problem--my ewcm doesn't align with my ovulation--it happens too early. Maybe? I took some mucinex and should try pounding the water today.
Old 09-30-2006, 01:55 PM

Welcome Alisonrose, I'm new here as well - TTC for 9mos. I'm curious about the HSG as well since I'm waiting to do that next month if this month is bfn as well as the blood work. The exam request my dr gave me also says echovist, does anyone know what that is? I'm really hoping to get a + so I don't have to do these tests, so far my chart looks promising but trying not to get my hopes up, I've had a temp jump before around this time only to have it go back down again in a couple of days. My breasts are sore but that's not unusual either, wishful thinking maybe...

ItyBity, I only notice a tiny bit EWCM, I've wondered if I maybe don't have enough? How much should there be because it's definitely not a river in my case!
Old 09-30-2006, 02:35 PM

Hello everyone

Tricia the thread is lovely, thank you for being the hostess this month. Sorry to hear about your bfn but you know it is still early.

Hezzy I am glad you had a positive experience at the dr's, your plan sounds like a good one I too hope you get pg before you get to go in for tests.

Hi Fola, I hope you are feeling better today and that your 2ww speeds by.

Racecar, congrats on the copious ewcm, that is nice ! And if you do go to Iowa, think of all the fun you'll have building snowmen and ice skating. There is a certain charm to coming in from the cold and having hot cocoa while your ears and nose are still cold.

Allisonrose, Welcome ! Nice to have you here. Yeah, I am 12+ months ttc too. I have started slowly posting on the 12+ month thread but this is such an awesome group here I couldn't leave it. I am with you on the RE/new doctor thing. Relax, pray and come back in 4-6 months ? After a year of trying ? That's a bit off to me. If you think your progesterone is low have you considered progesterone cream ? My dr recommended it to me (Pro-gest by Emerita is the brand), I just started it a week ago. It has 20mg per application (2x/day) which I think is about a fifth of what prescription progesterone is, so I think it is pretty mild. And it is one of those can't hurt kind of things (what my dr said). I use it from ovulation to AF, 1/4 tsp 2x/day.

ItyBty I just got some pre-seed but I didn't use it this cycle because I had EWCM for the first time in months. www.preseed.com is the official website, you can order online or they have a list of stores state by state where you can buy it. You can also get it on ebay, etc. I bought mine in the trading post here at mdc.
How to tell EWCM ? It's not always a river, sometimes its a blob. The stretchy-ness of it and the slippery-ness of it helps define it. One sure way is to float it in water , it does not break up but looks like a gooey sting or something.

Funnygrace it looks like you are about to O ? Good luck catching that egg ! I hope this is it for you.

SarahJen, your chart *does* look good. I know I for one will be watching it. Do you have a test date in mind ?
I think even a tiny bit of EWCM is ok, people conceive without EWCM too. You really only need it in one place, and it is a small one.

I don't know whats going on with me, I have felt very emotional for the last day or two. Like PMS, but its a little early for that. I think its a buildup of stress and the ttc and pregnant friends and babies. I just try to hold it all in but sometimes it leaks out. I have bouts where I feel like I will burst into tears and then its gone. It feels hormonal. And now I am heading into the toughest part of all... the last 1ww.
Old 09-30-2006, 05:05 PM

oceanmommy - I think I'll wait and see how it goes temp wise over the next few days. If AF doesn't show up wed or thurs then I'll probably test after that - I usually go about 13 DPO. I got a little test addicted in the first few months and every time I got a BFN on a test it was more of a heartbreak for me than when AF finally showed up. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for now but honestly I'm not feeling all that optimistic about it because I just really don't feel any different.
Old 09-30-2006, 06:33 PM - Thread Starter

WELCOME Allisonrose!! I added you. I hope your stay here is short and you leave pregnant!

Oceanmommy--hang in there the last week of the 2ww is definitely the worst! Total obsession mode. Even though I had the BFN, I'm still basically there too.

Oh and please don't leave the thread oceanmommy and itybity! NOT ON MY MONTH! You would be missed!
Old 09-30-2006, 11:48 PM

Thank you so much for the warm welcome ladies!

ItyBity, honestly the HSG was rather painful. I did enjoy the peace of mind of being told my tubes were open. I read later on that the cervix is a muscle and it is best to relax as much as possible. I went into more detail on this thread: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=508588 and others posted to that thread. The original poster later posted and mentioned that she tried to relax and had an easy experience and just posted the other day that she is now pregnant. And another thread about HSGs: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=513263.

I've never tried Preseed although this month I'm trying evening primrose oil. I'm hoping to maybe improve the quality as well as quantity of my EWCM. My CM tends to always be cloudy (there's no such thing as TMI in this forum right?).

oceanmommy I have considered using supplemental progesterone but am nervous about the prospective. I'm not sure why really. I hope to see my GYN before O and I will talk to her about how I don't want to be passive. I wasn't too thrilled with the wait and see theory in the first place but hubby liked having a doctor say "everything's good" and was satisfied with that. I just have this feeling that things are not working the way they should.

Oh and I'm certainly not encouraging anyone to leave! After all I'm hanging out here in spite of my upcoming "anniversary".

ribbonpb.gif
Old 10-01-2006, 04:24 AM

ooh Allisonrose I liked those links ! Thanks ! After the SA if all is normal we move onto a HSG so I am suddenly extremely interested in hearing about those. It sounds like it will hurt, but hopefully not too bad if I take ibuprofen beforehand. Does anyone know for what reason a HSG would be used as a diagnostic tool for insurance purposes ?

Tricia what dpo are you ? I am 7dpo and the tests are calling me already.

I went to a party tonight and had some wine, and a very yummy spiked fruity drink. I was just going to have half a glass of wine but I couldn't resist the fruity drink when it came along, it was delicious. I haven't had alcohol in many moons and it was fun to cut loose for a night.

Oh and BTW I am not planning on leaving this thread anytime soon.... unless its with a BFP. :
Old 10-01-2006, 12:51 PM

Becky, married to DH, Vern , for 11 years. Mom to DS, Z (1/01), DD, A (5/02), Hershey (11 yo Shih-tzu) and May 2010 TTC #4 on my homepage!
Old 10-01-2006, 12:54 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
cd 1. Yet again, I feel like I'll never experience being pregnant or having a child.

:

Stephanie MC 11/22/06 Jackson born 02/05/10 MC 07/14/14
Old 10-01-2006, 03:11 PM

Oh Punquin, I'm so sorry. : I really hope it happens for you soon.

Hi Pycelan, hope you are doing well.

Oceanmommy, wait a second aren't we 8dpo?!? Good luck holding off testing. They usually start calling me around 9dpo. So far this month they are pretty quiet, but I'm sure I'll start hearing them soon.

Welcome Allisonrose, hope you're not here long.

Hopesmom, thanks for the lovely thread!! Sorry to hear about your BFN, but I'd be happy to hold out hope for you until AF actually arrives. :

Good luck SarahJen!!! :

Funnygrace, ItyBty and Racecar, hope you catch that eggie! Should be exciting around here in a couple of weeks! Here's hoping for lots of BFPs.

Folaboye and pamered_mom good luck to you too!!!

Hezzy, hope the HSG goes well whenever you get to do it. Well I hope you're pg before you need it, but if not hopefully it'll be just what you need to get pg.

Another non-update from me. Nothing out of the ordinary. Halfway through the 2ww.
Old 10-01-2006, 03:20 PM

Punquin--I am so sorry to hear about your new cycle. (I have started to have similar feelings about never being a mother.) If you feel like you want to tell us about your stats and get some advise, please let us know. You might not be up for it. I really want you to get pregnant! Your charts look good and some of us have been through some preliminary testing and different nutritional/other therapies we could tell you about: cost, experience, results, etc. As I recall, you are going through a high-stress period at work and don't currently have health insurance. As I've mentioned, one of the best parts of getting acupuncture is having someone to look at my charts with and feel positive about our chances. We might be able to be a bit of that for you until you get your insurance. As oceanmommy mentions, 90% of us will be pregnant in the next year. Those are good chances.

allisonrose--thanks for sharing your HSG experience. Very helpful! I'm a 12+ ttcer too (this is cycle #15--we started last Sept). Just pretending over here... and staying in touch with these great women. Oh, and I started supplemental progesterone (prescription Prometrium as suppositories) last month. It was a bit yucky--especially after a few days of it--and it stayed in my system for a while in the new cycle (see chart) but it seems to have cleared and I ovulated yesterday/last night. And everything feels good (I was worried about infection). I think I'll do a lower dose for this cycle.
Old 10-01-2006, 03:36 PM

punkin just wanted to say that I know how you feel.

oceanmommy if I had to do the HSG over again - I would. I would have taken more ibuprofen though! I believe your doctor could code it as a diagnostic for irregular periods. I believe the hospital charged my insurance company $800 (I don't know where the benefit statement went off to).

I emailed my mom on Friday and told her my period was definitely coming (AF showed up yesterday) and while she believes in staying positive, this is a huge disappointment to me. She has told me several times "when it's right, it'll happen". I tried to explain to her that some couple just can't get pregnant even if all the tests come back okay. (Can you tell she didn't have any difficulty getting pregnant?) I haven't heard from her. Only my hubby and you lovely ladies seem to understand how much this sucks.

ribbonpb.gif
Old 10-01-2006, 03:47 PM

Welcome to allisonrose.

punquin. I totally understand how you feel. All I want is to be pregnant. I think I'd trade my soul for it at this point. And I'm getting tired of hearing people talk about how miserable they are pregnant. I may start offing women I work with, one by one.

I've been off for a couple days, which was nice. I didn't temp all weekend, so I have no clue what my body's up to, except that there's no af and no cm. So it's cd40, which leaves 6 days to my longest cycle yet. And ff pulled the crosshairs Ihad cause it thinks I didn't o. I don't know what to think, what with moving and the ant attack. I'm pretty sure I o'd somewhere in there. Just can't tell where.

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
Old 10-01-2006, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Stephanie-- I am so sorry sweetie. I know the pain. I am short on wisdom, but hangt in there.

13DPO here and a few cramps and the nausea is abating. So... I know its not over til its over, but I'm trying really hard to accept that its over. B/c I need to decide what to do for next month.
Old 10-01-2006, 05:52 PM

allisonrose - thanks for sharing your HSG experience, I'll be sure to remember the advil before (if) I have to do it next month. I'm worried about it beign painful because my gyn told me that my uterus is tipped and one of my ovaries is behind it (which he said he's only seen once before, yay me for originality I guess). Some people have written that it was more painful with a tipped uterus, I suppose I'll find out if that's true if I have to go myself.

punquin - I'm so sorry, I know how you feel too - I guess we all do.

I had a rotten day myself, went out for lunch with DH to take my mind off things only to end up in a restaurant hosting a huge baby shower with three or four preggers and at least one million babies and kids : just my luck, and I'm extra emotional as it is. my temps dropped a bit this morning so I'm anxious about taking them again tomorrow. I've felt crampy for a week and I keep saying it's different this time and then five seconds later saying it isn't so who knows. waiting and hoping as usual.
Old 10-01-2006, 07:26 PM

Oh, Punquin I totally know the feeling of it's never going to happen. I have it all the time now, it seems.

Hopesmom - I'm sorry it looks like AF is on her way. I'll hold out hope -- who knows? They say it can be the same symptoms. :

Allisonrose! Sorry AF just showed. I hope you get it this cycle!

I know I'm missing lots of personals here. I'm having a bad day. It's partly because I'm tired and partly because my weekend hasn't been great, but it's also because of all this TTC stuff. I just want it so much and I'm so tired of this. I'm very down about it.

Anyway, I don't mean to dump. I'm very hopeful for a bunch of people here this month. I can't tell you how much hope it would give me if a bunch of you ladies turned up pregnant soon!
Old 10-01-2006, 07:36 PM

s: for you punquin - I honestly do know that feeling. It stinks, it's rotten and no fun at all...

Allisonrose - thanks for answering my HSG question. We havent foudn out yet if our insurance will cover it or not, I need to know, because our insurance is pretty sucky, so they might not cover it, and that would make things tight around here.
Old 10-01-2006, 08:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJen View Post
punquin - I'm so sorry, I know how you feel too - I guess we all do.

I've felt crampy for a week and I keep saying it's different this time and then five seconds later saying it isn't so who knows. waiting and hoping as usual.
:

ladies. A lot of us are truly hurting right now, and I sure wish I could fix it. (if one more person tells me that if I relax it'll just happen, I think I'll )
Old 10-02-2006, 08:30 AM

I'm really going to try to stay positive about this for the next few days while I wait for AF to show or not. My temps are down a bit but not like they were last month at this time so hopefully I'm still in this.

I hope you all have a better day...
Old 10-02-2006, 10:09 AM

SarahJen -- I think your chart looks great! You're totally still in it. : I hope we all can help you stay positive, even if a lot of us aren't feeling it.

I'm actually feeling a little better today, a little less blue. We're headed into the marathon BD week here, so at least I have that to look forward to. :

Hope you all have a great day!

User Tag List