What do you know about an Anovulatory cycle - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 10-01-2006, 05:28 AM - Thread Starter
Dea

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cause apparently I keep having them. I have had heaps of blood work done and everything is normal, all of my hormones are normal. My sugars are normal, my cholestoral is normal. But my temps never rise above 36.5 C which is 97.7 F, I've never had EWCM, and I've peed on more stick to check if I am ovulating that I think that I have kept Baby Hopes up and running. My OBGYN is less than enthuastic and keeps telling me to keep trying. I've finally convinced her to let me see an RE and I see one in November. I've asked before what to expect at that appointment and I got some good answers, now I want to know if anyone else has had Anovulatory cycles and how they managed to get pg.
thanks!

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
#2 of 9 Old 10-01-2006, 01:49 PM

Hi Dea: I don't know much about anovulatory cycles, but am curious about a few things... your age, do you have any change in temps and what they look like, have you read the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility and if that helped you....(if not, it has tons of info all...in one book...)

I haven't seen a RE yet, all I know is they will try to figure out the cause of your lack of ovualtion.... Your blood work was normal? Again, I don't know much about it, but seems like your blood work would be out of synch, at least during certain times.

Best wishes!

Selectively vaxing, extended breastfeeding WOHM to Cjoy.gif (2/09), who was conceived naturally after TTC for 3 years and failed IVF.  TTC #3 in '11. Married to my best friend A love.gif.  Baby #2 angel1.gif (1/2011)
#3 of 9 Old 10-01-2006, 06:42 PM

I tend to have anovulatory cycles, as well. I am on my first round of clomid, but I also implemented a lot of lifestyle changes over the past few months. It seems to have worked, or at least it looks that way, since I actually did ovulate on my own last cycle. My blood sugar always tests fine, too, but I've noticed on my own that I have some level of insulin resistance (just from observing how I feel after eating certain foods). I've been working very hard to balance my prot/carb intake, and I've also started exercising with both aerobic and resistance exercise. I've also tried to cut out caffeine and drink only water, decaf green tea, and rrl tea. I've implemented light therapy changes, too. I usually like to be able to see the night sky while I sleep, but I've read that exposure to too much light while we sleep can really affect our cycles. I started keeping the bedroom completely dark except cd13-17, when I leave a hall or closet light on.

I don't know if any one of these things this has helped, or if they all have had a small impact, but my avg pre-O and post-O temps are significantly higher, I have much more EWCF, and I actually had a positive OPK last cycle.

hth,

Kristen
#4 of 9 Old 10-01-2006, 08:57 PM - Thread Starter
Dea

Ann, I just turned 29, and my temps do change a little, ranging from 35.9 to 36.5. Last month I had 3 days in a row of 36.5, but nothing else that would signify ovulation. I'll get the book and give it a read.
kristenok, I do work out, both cardio and strength training, I don't drink caffine, (I get sick when I drink it, so I never have) I didn't know that about light though. Our apartment has a lot of light and noise, I'll get some better window coverings and hopefully that can help some too. YAY thanks ladies!

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
#5 of 9 Old 10-16-2006, 06:49 AM

I'm currently in the midst of my second anovulatory cycle in a row. I had a miscarriage before that. It's totally frustrating me. I'm also looking for information.

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
#6 of 9 Old 10-18-2006, 02:35 AM

I have had anovulatory cycles since I was a teenager. We tried lots of things and recently have undergone all the testing for pcos. All normal results that have my family doc baffled. I hear this kind of story from a lot of women with similar backgrounds.

The way we conceived ds was to completely change my diet to low/healthy carbs, to get some control over what I knew was insulin resistance even though it wasn't showing up on the tests. Then I saw a homeopath who gave me a constitutional remediy (mine was pulsatilla) and within 2 months my cycles were regular and I was ovulating.

Right now, I have just started the remedy again, about a month ago and we recently dtd. I felt ovulation quite strongly and I am thinking I am pg. Still waiting to test. the Homeopathy definitely works if you can get evaluated properly for your constitutional remedy. Good luck.

Mother to one wild and crazy boy 12/29/2002.
Midwife, Homeschool Educator and Crafter.
#7 of 9 Old 10-18-2006, 03:22 AM

I had them a lot up to conceiving my first. It wasn't until I cut out all meat products for over a year that I started to ovulate.

As for low temps, I've always had them low like that. Is your thyroid functioning correctly?

I was reading TCOYF last night and ran across what Weschler had to say about Hypothyroidism: unusually long cycles, low BBT, extended periods of "fertile quality" cervical fluid. She suggests dealing with nutrition first. Iodine, Vit A B C E, zinc, selenium.

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

#8 of 9 Old 10-19-2006, 04:04 AM - Thread Starter
Dea

Kannon, my thyroid is fine, I've had it checked a lot.
bionicsquirrel, I've also been tested for PCOS and it's negative...

I feel like a giant mistake some days, like I just can't do it. FF tells me that I O'ed this month, although it likes to change the days and say that I either O'ed on cd 13 or 20, so I have no clue. I"m not really convinced that I really did. But we shall wait and find out.

I see the RE soon and we shall see then.

#9 of 9 Old 10-24-2006, 04:05 AM

I had a lot of anovulatory cycles before ttc #2. What worked for me - acupuncture!! Have you tried it? Seriously - I'd get the acupuncture (she knew I was ttc and so did the treatment accordingly) and even as I was sitting there "baking" (you know, sitting while the needles are in) I could actually feel crampy feelings in my ovaries.

Within 1 day of the treatment - I would get EWCM, and then the next day or so would ovulate. First month didn't conceive, second month - we DID!
Just an idea!

Katherine

AP HB Mama to three beautiful girls!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page