The ONE THREAD: 10/1-10/7 - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 332 Old 10-07-2006, 12:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I didn't test this morning because I started spotting. It's not officially AF yet, but I don't want to waste my last test if she's just going to rear her ugly head today or tomorrow.

Even though I'll be really bummed out if AF shows, the good news is my EDD would have been June 17th and my college roommate is getting married the 16th. So maybe now I'll be able to attend her wedding.

Next month, I am testing only on POASaturday. No more wasting tests and being disappointed.

Good luck to everyone this morning!

A supportive military wife and mama to my busy boy and sweet girl.
#302 of 332 Old 10-07-2006, 12:06 PM

Congratulations to SarahJen! Woohoo!
: : : : : : : : : : : : :

Violin teaching, doula-ing Mom to Abby, (8) Ashlynn, (6) : and Max (11/13/08) Diagnosed with Metopic Craniosynostosis. First surgery 5/1/09, Second surgery March 2010.
#303 of 332 Old 10-07-2006, 12:15 PM

Congrats Sarahjen!

to all the BFNs

Please move me to Waiting to Know

Mother of 3, welcomed a new baby girl July 2011

#304 of 332 Old 10-07-2006, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJen View Post
for me at 6am.
I'm in total shock.
Well, I guess that answers the triphasic or not? question pretty clearly.

Congratulations!!!!!
#305 of 332 Old 10-07-2006, 12:29 PM

: : Congtars sarahjen!!!!!!: :
#306 of 332 Old 10-07-2006, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_chan View Post
Well, I guess that answers the triphasic or not? question pretty clearly.

Congratulations!!!!!
Actually that was me who was asking if my chart looked triphasic

Rachel, mom to Jake (5/04) and Alexia (7/07) a surprise UC thanks to hypnobabies!
#307 of 332 Old 10-07-2006, 12:57 PM

Congrats Sarahjen! So exciting.

Big to all the BFN's.
#308 of 332 Old 10-07-2006, 01:11 PM

: Congrats Sarahjen!!!:

May it be sticky and healthy!!! :

A big to all those with BFNs or who found. That chick is so slippery.

Oh dear Threadkeeper, could you please move me to Waiting to know? I've just O'ed in the night. I'm hoping to catch that egg!

Kemi wifedreads.gif to Jeffdh_malesling.GIF mommy to Rohan h20homebirth.gifROTFLMAO.gif 1/3/09 and Narenhomebirth.jpg(transfer to hospital) blahblah.gif  10/22/10. Pregnant with stork-girl.gif

****5****10****15****20****25****30****353rdtri.gif***40 (Hospital BC w/CNMs due to GD)

#309 of 332 Old 10-07-2006, 01:34 PM

SarahJen!!!!!! : : : Congratulations!!!
#310 of 332 Old 10-07-2006, 01:40 PM

Hi ladies,

: CONGRATS.!!!! Sarah jen :

Happy and Healthy 9 months and beyond

Sending a huge to those found and those got

: for those who are still in 2ww, wishing you goodluck whenever you will test.

Have a wonderful Saturday.

#311 of 332 Old 10-07-2006, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter

SarahJen! I'm SO EXCITED for you! You're the first person I've ever moved to the BFPs. Woot!
#312 of 332 Old 10-07-2006, 02:55 PM

Congrats Sarahjen!!! When I looked at your chart yesterday I had a feeling something was up!!!!

Sorry about the BFNs and AFs. I'm still in the TWW but feeling grouchy so maybe it's early PMS. I do have a scratchy throat today which either means allergies or preg maybe. My first symptom with DS was a scratchy throat then sore boobies. Still trying to relax about it. I even thought today that if it takes another month or two it won't be so bad really. Of course I know I'll be sad if AF shows so....

Happy weekend everyone,
T

Tara - Mother to Curtis 12/04 and Clark 11/07
#313 of 332 Old 10-07-2006, 04:47 PM

Sarahjen, congrats!:

Shelsi, I'm sorry for the BFN. Your chart and timing both look really great, though, so don't get too down--it's still early. Do you know how long your LP usually is? With dd, I didn't get a BFP until 18 dpo, even though my lp is only 14 days long.
#314 of 332 Old 10-07-2006, 05:27 PM

I am a little depressed that we didn't get a BFP this month. I O'd later then I thought. I guess we need to BD a litte more.

Congrats to SarahJen! We hope to join you soon
#315 of 332 Old 10-07-2006, 05:34 PM

Sarahjen: A BIG congrats!!

Sorry to all those that got those darn BFN's. Hugs!

3dpo for me today, FF gave me my crosshairs I sure hope FF is right about O day because our timing would be wonderful!!
#316 of 332 Old 10-07-2006, 06:52 PM

Thanks everyone!

By the way, as soon as I took the test and it showed positive it was like my body said "finally she knows" and then proceeded to kick my behind. The nausea is a killer, but hey I promised when it happened I'd love every minute of it.
#317 of 332 Old 10-07-2006, 07:51 PM

I'm feeling so low right now. I need a pep talk from one of you guys please. Someone I know just found out she got preg on the first try and she is not a nice person at all. She has always been a know-it-all to me and I know I will not hear the end of it now. She has lots of $ and has already been talking about all the things she'll buy for #2 so I know it will just be worse now. I know I should feel happy for her but it's sooooo hard since she's not someone I like a lot to begin with. I just know I'm not preg this time (intuition) and I just knew she would get preg right away. What the heck is the point of being hopeful anyway when everything I feel comes true anyway? I can't tell you guys how low I'm feeling which is probably even worse due to PMS which seriously if it's not bad enough we're not preg I have to deal with the emotions of PMS on top of it. I really want to be strong and good about it but the truth is I don't feel like a very strong or patient person. I know you guys understand and someone here has got to have a good pep talk for me right?

#318 of 332 Old 10-07-2006, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taradactyl3 View Post
I'm feeling so low right now. I need a pep talk from one of you guys please. Someone I know just found out she got preg on the first try and she is not a nice person at all. She has always been a know-it-all to me and I know I will not hear the end of it now. She has lots of $ and has already been talking about all the things she'll buy for #2 so I know it will just be worse now. I know I should feel happy for her but it's sooooo hard since she's not someone I like a lot to begin with. I just know I'm not preg this time (intuition) and I just knew she would get preg right away. What the heck is the point of being hopeful anyway when everything I feel comes true anyway? I can't tell you guys how low I'm feeling which is probably even worse due to PMS which seriously if it's not bad enough we're not preg I have to deal with the emotions of PMS on top of it. I really want to be strong and good about it but the truth is I don't feel like a very strong or patient person. I know you guys understand and someone here has got to have a good pep talk for me right?

I don't get the "I should be happy for her" thing. Why should you have to be happy if she's going to rub in your face that she's pregnant and you're not? For that matter, I'm sure you are happy for her, just not happy about what you know it's going to do to her behavior. Is there a reason you have to spend time with her? If so, then first off, try to assume that nothing she says has anything to do with you, secondly, TELL her when a comment is hurtful.
#319 of 332 Old 10-07-2006, 08:07 PM

SarahJen CONGRATS!!!!!! I'm soooooooo excited for you!!!!!!

Tara---I'm not sure I can offer much of a pep-talk for you, but I can offer much reassurance that you are NOT alone!!!! Every time I start to feel like it's ok that I'm not pregnant yet and that there is a master plan yet ANOTHER person I know gets pregnant. It's totally not fair, especially when they don't plan it or worse...like you said....you don't exactly get along. But the fact is that there IS a master plan, and it WILL happen for you!!!! Hope you get feeling better soon....maybe you and I can go to the July DDC together!
#320 of 332 Old 10-07-2006, 08:43 PM

Well, 5dpo here and officially insane. Can't get enough orange juice (and I never drink the stuff) and I could swear that my nips are bigger and darker. Of course, at 5dpo, logically, I know this is all in my head. :
Gee, 5 more days 'till it's early enough to possibly maybe take a test and still blame it on being "too early" when it's BFN, right?
#321 of 332 Old 10-07-2006, 08:44 PM

No I do not have to spend time with her and I'm going to try to avoid it. I get bored being a SAHM and sometimes find myself hanging out with people I know I shouldn't.

I do agree with the master plan thing and was doing so well with my thoughts until I found this out. DH is being very distant about it and won't even talk to me about my feelings. If it weren't for you guys I sure would feel pretty alone right now.

Thanks!

#322 of 332 Old 10-07-2006, 08:49 PM

Hey Tara, I know how you feel. We're at the beginning of our journey this time, but for my last two we were ttc for over 2 years the first time, and about 9 months the second, several miscarriages each time. I cannot even begin to count how many women around me became pregnant, some three times over, and gave birth during that time, but I can count on one hand (the ones I knew in 3-d as opposed to my on-line TTC boards) the ones for whom I was truly happy. I don't know why the ones who are so . . . so . . . ugh! get knocked up like that. : It sure is frustrating to watch though.
Many hugs,
xoxo
Charlotte
#323 of 332 Old 10-07-2006, 09:07 PM

Could you ladies please look at my thread here: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=535019

Taradactyl, I am totally having a down day today as well. Just very glum over all, kwim? I thought it was hard enough to see ppl online saying they are prego that I don't even know and have no ill feelings towards at all...I can't imagine someone i don't like very much in real life getting prego right off the bat. I know it would send me into a mood as well.

Rachel, mom to Jake (5/04) and Alexia (7/07) a surprise UC thanks to hypnobabies!
#324 of 332 Old 10-07-2006, 10:49 PM

MamaSweet, feeling all those "symptoms".

I know nothing about charting Shelsi. I hope you get some answers.

Tara.
#325 of 332 Old 10-07-2006, 11:18 PM

Well, POASaturday was productive for me. There was a definite positive on an opk this afternoon and this evening. In fact, what am I doing here? There are some other things I should probably be doing right now...

Actually, I have a question. Has anyone else ever spotted at o time? I just checked my cervix, and all the ewcm is tinged with blood. I was a little concerned and wondered if it was normal. Anyone?

Violin teaching, doula-ing Mom to Abby, (8) Ashlynn, (6) : and Max (11/13/08) Diagnosed with Metopic Craniosynostosis. First surgery 5/1/09, Second surgery March 2010.
#326 of 332 Old 10-07-2006, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacymom View Post
Actually, I have a question. Has anyone else ever spotted at o time? I just checked my cervix, and all the ewcm is tinged with blood. I was a little concerned and wondered if it was normal. Anyone?
I haven't spotted at O, but spotting at O is both normal and common.

In fact spotting at O is one of the reasons FAM specifies that you're only safe at AF *if* you had a biphasic pattern previously. Because otherwise you might think that ovulatory spotting was a really light period after a short cycle--not so hot for someone TTA.
#327 of 332 Old 10-07-2006, 11:38 PM

Is it really? Interesting...
#328 of 332 Old 10-08-2006, 01:17 AM

Hi gals, I tested yesterday am, but didn't have much time to report since it was my 3 year old's birthday.
I got what looks like a bfp, but I am not completely I am not sure I'm not seeing things. : (so very light hard to tell and DH says he doesn't see it.). I am going to wait until Tues or Wed and test again.

to the bfns
: for the bfps
Hi! everyone else
#329 of 332 Old 10-08-2006, 02:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
frog, please move me to Waiting to be Ready.

I decided to try acupuncture and was quite surprised when the doctor asked that I not TTC while she's trying to get my body back in balance. She believes that at this point my body wouldn't be able to sustain a pregnancy. After a lot of discussion with my hubby and soul searching, we decided to take the month off. Hopefully the acupuncture will achieve what the doctor believes it will and we can be ready to actually conceive next month.

I likely won't be around much but I wish everyone good luck in their journey! :

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
#330 of 332 Old 10-08-2006, 03:15 AM

Please move me to waiting to O

Well it's definitely AF. It's bright red, I'm crampy, the whole works. So this means I had a 10 day luteal phase. That's not good is it? I hear you ladies talk about OTC progesterone creams and such. Can someone explain to me in detail how they work, where I can buy them, etc? You can PM if you like or if there is already a thread out there somewhere on this that would be great too. I think I'm just going to crawl into bed and and let dh rub my feet. It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the short luteal phase and my looooong cycles. I've never had a predictable cycle, ever. However I usually go 2-4 months between periods. This would be so much easier if I knew I only had to wait another 14 days or so until I ovulate....I know in reality it could be 30+ days. I guess in the grand scheme of things it doesn't seem long but it sure seems like forever when you want something so badly kwim?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page