The ONE THREAD: 10/1-10/7 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-03-2006, 03:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey Frog, it looks pretty stalkable to me! : Looks like you were right on time with the insem.

Violin teaching, doula-ing Mom to Abby, (8) Ashlynn, (6) : and Max (11/13/08) Diagnosed with Metopic Craniosynostosis. First surgery 5/1/09, Second surgery March 2010.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2006, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post

Not yet, though I'm on track to pee on something on POASaturday, the 10/14 edition.
I'm right there with you, sister! (at least I hope I'm still in the game then ... then TTA, for real this time )
Old 10-03-2006, 03:35 PM

Quote:

Not yet, though I'm on track to pee on something on POASaturday, the 10/14 edition.
Oh wow, it just occurred to me that I get to join that POASaturday . . . and it will be my DH's and my 6th anniversary!
Old 10-03-2006, 04:55 PM

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

Old 10-03-2006, 05:01 PM

well, ladies...after all the hullabaloo, it appears that my 70 day wait has come to an end. bfn+temp drop+spotting=af.

:
i just want to congratulate the winners and want to thank all of my fans and everyone who voted for me. you guys are wonderful and i wouldn't be here today without you.

it was an honor simply to have ovulated.

(how was that? convincing?)

Rachel. Devoted wife and joyful mama to Beatrice June(2/25/08) and Leona Agnes (8/10/10).
Old 10-03-2006, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesface View Post
well, ladies...after all the hullabaloo, it appears that my 70 day wait has come to an end. bfn+temp drop+spotting=af.

:
i just want to congratulate the winners and want to thank all of my fans and everyone who voted for me. you guys are wonderful and i wouldn't be here today without you.

Not sure it was convincing, but it was pretty funny!

I'm glad you at least know what is going on now, and hopefully your next cycle will be normal!
Old 10-03-2006, 05:21 PM

Quote:

I'll be right there with you!! I am going to tests the 10/13 though, its our 2 yr anniversary. Although I will only be 10dpo I sure hope I can get a BFP then!

mosesface: Sorry about the upcoming AF. Good luck with the next cycle, hopefully it won't be so crazy long again for you.
Old 10-03-2006, 05:29 PM

I have a seismograph chart. All this time I thought I was plotting daily temperature, I had no idea I was actually plotting earthquake behavior.

/\/\/\/\/\/:
Old 10-03-2006, 07:48 PM

Ok, I am hoping someone has great insight into OPK results and/or ferning results.

Yesterday, faint line OPK, first test of the egg meets sperm plan. Today, tested same time, more faint (faintER?) but I have EWCM now. Does the diminishing faint line mean anything? :

Additionally, (Christy, this one's for you ) ferning this a.m. showed full fern BUT I did not get the saliva right after waking. It was 1/2-1 hour after getting up and taking supplements w/grapefruit juice, and a piece of toast, so I'm not sure if the full fern was valid. Rest of day ~0~ ferning.

TIA for any input regarding the above mentioned issues !

Selectively vaxing, extended breastfeeding WOHM to Cjoy.gif (2/09), who was conceived naturally after TTC for 3 years and failed IVF.  TTC #3 in '11. Married to my best friend A love.gif.  Baby #2 angel1.gif (1/2011)
Old 10-03-2006, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesface View Post

:

Quite But, seriously, Glad you know what's going on anyway.

Let me take this opportunity to restate something that we all know: it is vitally important that you NOT read the pregnancy test results after 15 minutes. If you return several hours later to view said test, it has another big old honkin' evap line like the one the other day, which only leads to unhealthy speculation.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_chan View Post
I have a seismograph chart. All this time I thought I was plotting daily temperature, I had no idea I was actually plotting earthquake behavior.

/\/\/\/\/\/:
Thermostat on the fritz? Maybe an earthshake is just what you need for this cycle
Old 10-03-2006, 07:53 PM

Sapphire:

Selectively vaxing, extended breastfeeding WOHM to Cjoy.gif (2/09), who was conceived naturally after TTC for 3 years and failed IVF.  TTC #3 in '11. Married to my best friend A love.gif.  Baby #2 angel1.gif (1/2011)
Old 10-03-2006, 09:47 PM

Frog-

DH and I had a very serious discussion about my family history (pretty much every woman on my mom's side all the way back through time has had endometriosis and eventually, breast and/or uterine cancer) and have decided that life is too short to wait. I dunno, DH still seems skittery to me (even though he says he isn't) so, I can be moved to Waiting to Know, I guess (more like waiting for Aunt Flo, but we did BD at two opportune moments!)

Clara

Mama to a beautiful little girl, born July 18, 2007
Eager for a VBAC some time around April 10, 2010!
Old 10-03-2006, 09:58 PM

Quote:

/\/\/\/\/\/:
CD 11 here and my bedside chart looks about the same as your FF./\/\/\/\/\/. Oh well. Neg opk here today. Still following the every other day plan
Joy

DH&Me  Christ follower, homeschooler, gardener, (insert lots of additional crunchiness here) chicken mama, & occasionally blogger. intactlact.gifMama of  boys 9,7,3.5,&11months....& SURPRISE jaw2.gif  expecting a BOY in November!  7 sweet-babes gone too soon.

Old 10-03-2006, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoulaClara View Post
Frog-

DH and I had a very serious discussion about my family history (pretty much every woman on my mom's side all the way back through time has had endometriosis and eventually, breast and/or uterine cancer) and have decided that life is too short to wait. I dunno, DH still seems skittery to me (even though he says he isn't) so, I can be moved to Waiting to Know, I guess (more like waiting for Aunt Flo, but we did BD at two opportune moments!)

Clara
Old 10-03-2006, 11:10 PM

Quote:

/\/\/\/\/\/:

Well, Sapphire, at least your chart is interesting. MIne looks like this lately :

Seems like 98.3 is right where its at for me at 7:00 in the morning.

Violin teaching, doula-ing Mom to Abby, (8) Ashlynn, (6) : and Max (11/13/08) Diagnosed with Metopic Craniosynostosis. First surgery 5/1/09, Second surgery March 2010.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann109 View Post
Ok, I am hoping someone has great insight into OPK results and/or ferning results.

Yesterday, faint line OPK, first test of the egg meets sperm plan. Today, tested same time, more faint (faintER?) but I have EWCM now. Does the diminishing faint line mean anything? :

Additionally, (Christy, this one's for you ) ferning this a.m. showed full fern BUT I did not get the saliva right after waking. It was 1/2-1 hour after getting up and taking supplements w/grapefruit juice, and a piece of toast, so I'm not sure if the full fern was valid. Rest of day ~0~ ferning.

TIA for any input regarding the above mentioned issues !
Did you get the sample about 2 hours after eating/drinking?? I've read that if you eat/drink, you should wait 2 hours before getting a sample from under your tongue, and of course, no food/drink for that whole 2 hours.

so if you waited 2 hours, yes, its valid...If not, then its not valid.

as for OPKs, most ppl will get a faint line all the time, it is normal to have low levels of LH in your system. You can't read an OPK like a HPT...The test line of the OPK has to be as dark or darker than the control line for it to be positive.

HTH!

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

Old 10-03-2006, 11:21 PM

sapphire, check out my chart, we could almost be r/o\l/l\e/r\c/o\a/s\t/e\r buddies, lol. Just promise to hold my hand when we go down the next hill, ok??

Old 10-03-2006, 11:46 PM

well spotting guess AF is finally here. Gee never thought I would be saying that
Old 10-03-2006, 11:51 PM

thanks frog!!!
Old 10-04-2006, 12:34 AM

Welcome back Clara!

You guys are cracking me up tonight! Thanks for the laugh.. I needed it!

Mama to my own amazing children..student midwife..home birth activist..and gestational surrogate-twin boys weighing 7lbs3oz & 8lbs4oz...vaginal, unmedicated forced induction @ 38w5d
Old 10-04-2006, 12:34 AM

Christy1980 and 2Sweetboysmom glad to know I'm not the only one on the ride.

Staceymom, flat temps are good, it'll make it easier for you to spot a thermal shift.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:07 AM

Well AF showed up today and so now the fun begins! Never thought I would be happy to see her! Tomorrow, I get my blood draws and I go to the RE's office to learn how to give myself the FSH shots, and the shots will be here tomorrow. I am going to stop by Trader Joes and get myself some really nummy 70% cocoa chocolate bars to sooth the savage Clomid beastie!! I am hoping that all goes well this month and this works. If it does, my due date is what would have been my mom's 70th birthday. She passed away in '99. Maybe mom is pulling a few strings for us

Okie... everyone have a good one and I will check back in the am.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:22 AM

Well BFN again this morning, and I don't think my chart looks very promising any more. I'm off to CA and don't know if I'll have internet access again until I get back next Monday night. Sorry to keep all you chart stalkers in suspense like that!
Old 10-04-2006, 09:55 AM

Have fun in CA, greenegirl, and you never know!

IamPink- sorry you're still here, but Hi!

Weirdness- I am looking through my past cycles (7 including this one) and my O dates keep moving earlier and earlier. Last March I would O on day 18... then 16 for a few months... then 15...14... and this month- 12. What's next, O-ing during AF? What is my body doing?

I do know (I used to chart the days of my period in high school- I had an ovarian cyst that I'll never forget) that my cycle used to follow a seasonal flux. Maybe daylight savings time, or who knows what wrecked havoc on it. Anyways, I always noticed longer cycles one season. Just never saved my old charts and do not remember which season it was!

Clara

Mama to a beautiful little girl, born July 18, 2007
Eager for a VBAC some time around April 10, 2010!
Old 10-04-2006, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome back, Clara!

I got cross-hairs this morning--IUI was right on time, IVI was likely a bit late. I'll take it!
Old 10-04-2006, 10:41 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
still hangin' out, in my 2ww. was out of town for a few days, so i didn't temp while i was away. only a few more days until test day!

Momma to K ('01), E ('03) and A ('07)
Acting as a Gestational Surrogate for my cousin, EDD Jan 17th
Old 10-04-2006, 10:43 AM

OPK - What about if I got two days where it was almost as dark as the control line and then the next two days where it didn't even hardly show up at all. Can I count the first two as positive? It wasn't darker and it might've even been a touch lighter. Does this mean I never ovulated? Stupid OPK's are just causing me stress now after the fact so next month (if there is a next month) I will be avoiding OPk's and my thermometer!

T

Tara - Mother to Curtis 12/04 and Clark 11/07
Old 10-04-2006, 10:50 AM

hey all,

BFN today for Katie, but neither of us are too stressed. We tried to hold out, but I couldn't make her wait any longer! Last time we tested about 4 times before getting a BFP, so maybe we'll only have one moment of weakness this time. I think we'll now wait until POASaturday.......... hopefully. :

megin

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
Old 10-04-2006, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taradactyl3 View Post
OPK - What about if I got two days where it was almost as dark as the control line and then the next two days where it didn't even hardly show up at all. Can I count the first two as positive? It wasn't darker and it might've even been a touch lighter. Does this mean I never ovulated? Stupid OPK's are just causing me stress now after the fact so next month (if there is a next month) I will be avoiding OPk's and my thermometer!

I'd say those are positive--I had one that was SLIGHTLY lighter and one that was the same shade, and the midwife called them both positive.

User Tag List