How long after EWCM to ovulation? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-02-2006, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just curious in general, how long is the interval between EWCM at cervix to ovulation?

I have a little, not-too-stretchy EWCM present at the cervix, but not down lower just yet. I was wondering if, on average, how long it is before ovulation. I know you can have fertile quality CM for 2 to 5 days before ovulation, but I'm unsure if by fertile they are only talking about EWCM or if it's any wet, thin CM.

Does this make any sense??

We are considering TTC, but I thought I had another few days before we had to decide! Ack!

Thanks!

ETA: I guess I just want to know what your personal experience is with this to see if there are any correlations.
#2 of 4 Old 10-02-2006, 06:27 PM

I'm curious about this too. I get patchs of EWCM for about 2 days. So am I fetile for those 2 days only. Hmmmmmmmm...

Tara - Mother to Curtis 12/04 and Clark 11/07
#3 of 4 Old 10-02-2006, 06:43 PM

Well, in my experience, I had EWCM for about 2 days - I had it on a Tues and Wed. On Friday, dh and I dtd and now I am pregnant. According to the charts, I should have ovulated on Thursday but that is based on a 28 days cycle and I don't know if I have a 28 or 30 day cycle because I didn't really keep up with it plus I nurse ds so they are likely to be different than before. We weren't TTC but it was the first cycle I had actually paid attention to the dates of since ds was born. Somehow, I knew I was pregnant that night. I am so excited too!!!

Anyway, I don't know how others EWCM does. I have read that it varies and the younger you are the more days of EWCM you will have. I am 30 and I may have had 3 days but I think it was just 2.
#4 of 4 Old 10-03-2006, 12:06 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies!

Turns out that it came and went during the day (alternated with creamy CM), but by this evening it was full-blown EWCM with mittelschmirz along with it. Pretty intense pains, too - I feel like I am ovulating a golf ball! Haven't decided if we will take advantage of it or not, yet. I told DH it was completely up to him - at this point I am so hormonal that I cannot make a rational decision!

Taradactyl (I like your username!) I am pretty sure that those would be considered to be the *most* fertile days of your cycle, but that chances are good (or bad, considering your POV) for several days on either side of that.

And congrats, Velvet! Very exciting!

Thanks again!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page