i have had AF every mth! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 10-05-2006, 02:04 AM - Thread Starter

Location: back in the GREAT state of Minnesota! oh how i have missed you!
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
so... what are my odds. i hope i get PG when DH gets home! pray for me.... oh i cant wait!

advice please! anything from how to get ready, what to do, and i mean everything!

*** FYI i use to only get AF every now and again. it was never set. so they thought i had big probs but would not start the test till DH got home. but now i have had it right on time for the last 6 mth...

Your life doesn√Ęt change by the man whos elected. If your loved by someone you can't be rejected... decide what to be and go be it! If your a caged bird brake in and demand that somebody free it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 10-05-2006, 02:13 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
The very first thing you need to do is get your hands on a copy of "Taking Charge of your Fertility." It will be the bible you live by while TTC.

Also you will want to get a basal body thermometer. They sell them at most drug stores or you can buy them online.

Another place for good info is fertilityfriend.com Right now they have a free e-mail course. It's actually really good if you're a beginner. It gives you all the basics of charting.

And finally, good luck! We're working on a post deployment baby ourselves

Rachel, mom to Jake (5/04) and Alexia (7/07) a surprise UC thanks to hypnobabies!
#3 of 4 Old 10-05-2006, 05:33 PM

Having your AF every month doesnt mean you will get pregnant fast. A lot of us have been trying to conceive for many months and we get AF every month. What matters is ovulation, but still a lot of us have been trying to conceive for many months and we ovulate every month. Having these things does not mean you will get pregnant right away. I was very excited too, I thought the first time we tried it, there would be a baby. We are only in month 3, but already I feel less restless about it this month, because we can do everything right, and that doesnt mean anything. You need to start charting your temps and studying your mucus, and yes reading books. I actually have not read the above mentioned book, but I have it on hold at the library as we speak. I use Natural Family Planning. I do wish you all the luck in the world, and I hope you can get pregnant soon. I wish that for all of us here. But, I do wish someone had deflated my bubble a little bit at first, because it would have made the shock a little easier.

#4 of 4 Old 10-05-2006, 06:29 PM

congratulations on your regular cycles and your dh coming home!!

i completely agree with the pps.
get the book (either at the library, a used on on amazon, or try halfprice books). bow that you know your cycles come at a regular time, start looking at them more closely so that you can time your bd precisely with your ovulation.

another good tip -- while you're getting prepared for your dh to come home, try not to get TOO worked up. all that excitement and anticipation can be translated as stress in your body and actually delay or prevent ovulation, which would be totally counter-productive. my cycles were perfectly regular until my dh started travelling for work, and then for the first time ever, i had a 70 day cycle right when we were starting ttc!

when is your dh due back, do you know?

Rachel. Devoted wife and joyful mama to Beatrice June(2/25/08) and Leona Agnes (8/10/10).

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page