I'm new to TTC - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-11-2003, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello --

I just wanted to post and "formally" announce that dh and I are now ttc. We're not telling anyone else right now because I've had some health/hormone problems over the last few years, so we may not actually be able to get pregnant....but we're hoping!

Our ds is almost 6 and would be such a wonderful big brother. He's been asking for a baby sister since he was 2 years old. He's even picked out her name. The problem has been that my Dr. put me on birth control pills a few years ago to regulate my hormones. We went off the pill for about 6 months last year, but didn't get pregnant. We weren't actively trying then, just wanted to see what would happen.

This time around, I've been off the pill for one month, and I've been drinking red raspberry & vitex tea every morning. I've also recently lost 18 lbs. and have begun exercising every day (brisk walking & yoga). I think this is really helping my body (and hormones) work the way they're supposed to. Oh yeah, I'm also taking vitamin E and a B complex daily.

Is there anything I'm missing? I've been reading about charting and taking temperature and all of that. It's a little confusing to me I have to say (!), but I'm considering starting this too.

Any advice, tips, prayers and good vibes would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!

faeriemom
#2 of 6 Old 04-11-2003, 06:40 PM
bec

I highly recommend charting. I truly believe that it is what helped me get pregnant. Not to mention, really understanding for the first time in my life what was going on with my body. I knew when I ovulated, I knew when the egg implanted, and I knew before I could test that I was pregnant!

The clearest book on the subject is Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. There are also a number of online services that help create the chart for you. Fertility Friend is probably the most common. With them, you simply plug in your information daily and it comes up with the chart for you. It will even put in an ovulation and coverline for you. But, you have to be careful with those, because they sometimes aren't accurate. If you read the book first though, it will give you a good grounding on the theory. It's very easy to read and understand, as well as interesting.

Good luck!

Bec

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#3 of 6 Old 04-11-2003, 09:03 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I've been seeing that book recommended here, so I've already decided to get it from the library if they have it. If not, I'll buy it.

I didn't know about online charting. I'll check out Fertility Friend.

Oddly enough, when dh first became a couple (9 years ago), I did chart my cycles -- as a way to NOT get pregnant! I guess it worked, because we didn't conceive ds until 3 years later -- at which time I'd stopped keeping track of everything. Actually, I don't know if it took so long to conceive because I already hormonal imbalances then, or if it was because of the charting I did.

Anyway, we're giving it a go. It feels like the time is right....I'm just starting PMS right now, should welcome AF (is that right?!) early next week. Then I'll be counting the days until O.

Thanks again!!
#4 of 6 Old 04-12-2003, 12:09 AM

Welcome faeriemom. I don't know that there is anything you are missing. The charting is really useful though, as Bec says. I just wanted to add my wishes for a short and fruitful time here at TTC.

Mama to 12, and 9 and 3. 
#5 of 6 Old 04-12-2003, 11:45 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks!! I'm keeping all the other TTC moms here in my thoughts too! I hope things work out for all of us!!
#6 of 6 Old 04-13-2003, 10:37 PM

I don't have anything to recommend adding to your regiment. Assuming that there's a lot of bding going on Just wanted to say welcome and wish you a nice and short ttc journey.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page