Finally we have some answers! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-13-2003, 08:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well my FSH test and HSG test came back fine.(what a relief)
My dh test did not go as well. The nurse said his sperm count is good, the shape of them is good the mobility was good but the ability for them to penetrate was a little low. I do not know what that means. Does anyone??
Anyhow I had my dh get the results because I just have had such a very crappy month I just could not handle anything else.We do not have an appoinment to talk to the doctor till May 1. .
I am so relieved we have some kind of answer. I do not get it thou because we have 1 child now and I was preggo in Dec. So we will see. I am actually starting to look forward to the close of this cycle to see if I am already preggo. (that positive attitude scares me ) I just jinked myself. Positive baby vibes.++++++++++

Baby thoughts to all that are ttc.

Take care
Jerilyn
#2 of 6 Old 04-13-2003, 09:23 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Ability to penetrate has to do with the enzymes on the tip of the spermie's head. The enzymes are what break through the outside of the egg. If they don't have a very good ability to penetrate, then they have less enzymes, or a strange makeup. with out the ability ot penetrate, they will find the egg, but not be able to fertilize it.

It is good to have some answers!! Glad to hear that you have some idea of what is going on.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#3 of 6 Old 04-13-2003, 10:28 PM

Jerilyn~ congrats on the good answers, I know that any answers at all can be a tremendous relief. Well since you've been pg 2 times, perhaps your dh's sperms' penetration won't be a very big problem. (Hope you don't mind my positive thinking.) I also hope that your month gets better and you end your 2ww with a bfp!
#4 of 6 Old 04-13-2003, 10:59 PM - Thread Starter

Adina, thanks for that info

butterflymaiden, thanks for the positive thoughts (I do appreciate it)
My dh said the nurse talked about a simple procedure ( some sort of insemination) that sound promising and like it was no big deal. I just can't wait to ask the Dr. questions and find out more.
#5 of 6 Old 04-15-2003, 11:00 AM

Bummer you have to wait until May 1st : You'd think they could squeeze you in sooner. The whole waiting game with the diagnosis process can be so maddening!

Well, here's to sticky baby thoughts that could make short work of your wait And if AF should arrive, here's to an easy resolution of the situation at your appointment!

Hang in there!

Lisa

Lisa , married to Dan, mama to IVF miracle Natalie 5/20/09 :
#6 of 6 Old 04-15-2003, 11:15 AM

Is your dh on a calcium channel blocker (a type of blood pressure medication)?? They have been shown to effect the ability of the sperm to penetrate the egg.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page