The ONE thread, 10/29 to 11/04 - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 384 Old 11-02-2006, 12:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jezzy: I am so sorry for your loss. There are no words I can give . . .You are in my prayers.
Shelley: It is difficult to feel so certain and then to have your hopes dashed. I know how disappointed I've felt when my af has just shown up a few days late, but to actually see what you think is a BFP and then discover you were mistaken. That's really hard.

I am still waiting to O, but if I had to chose which is worse, it is definitely waiting to know. When waiting to O, everything is new and has promise. Also, while waiting to O, I have to do the gratifying work of trying to make a baby. Waiting to know turns into doubt or worse yet hope. Let's be honest, most cycles, waiting to know does not turn out as we planned; af arrives and we wait for another chance to O. But, I know that one of these "waiting to know" experiences will eventually result in a person who will someday join my family and that is awesome.

mamabearsoblessed: I'm boogying (is that how you spell it?)
#242 of 384 Old 11-02-2006, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

changes to here!

Jezzy and Shelly, I'm so sorry.

mamabear, good chart!! : I'm so proud of your ovaries and your hypothalamus!!

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#243 of 384 Old 11-02-2006, 01:35 PM

s to you, Jezzy. What a terrible disappointment.

s to you to, Shelley. Not knowing what's going on and feeling like I can't trust myself have been the hardest parts of this process for me. I hope you are finding some peace today.

As for me, I think I probably o'd already, so you can move me to waiting to know. There's absolutely no contest, I hate waiting to know. I can't focus, I'm so distracted, second guessing myself, trying to be positive, trying not to hope, getting my heart broken again and again. If my tww were only a few days I could probably try for a long time (and I mean this in a purely hypothetical sense, imagining that implantation would actually work that way) but since it takes for freakin' ever to find out I am quickly approaching my limits.

But today is a good day, because I'm headed to my first acupuncture appointment. Anyone had any experience with this? Any advice? I'm actually looking forward to it for now... we'll see how it goes, I guess!
#244 of 384 Old 11-02-2006, 01:39 PM

So, I just checked CM and I am spotting. Only when I check internally though and it isn't a lot and it isn't bright red. It looks like I'm probably going to be out on this cycle.

I definitely think waiting to know is the hardest part. I always build up so much hope and then end up getting them dashed.
#245 of 384 Old 11-02-2006, 01:46 PM

Jezzy. I am so, so sorry. Please know you are in my thoughts today.
#246 of 384 Old 11-02-2006, 01:53 PM

HI, I just wanted to add my opinion to the survey: Waiting to O has been the most difficult because I'm constantly wondering when it's going to happen... I'm all like should I get DH to BD now or in a few hours or maybe tomorrow or...... well you know the drill. I was so relieved when FF showed that I'd O that it's all been easy peasy since then. I'm just letting the days drag along as they tend to do in the TWW. I start my new job on Monday and I think that will keep my mind off of my phantom symptoms... well here's to hoping!

mamabearsoblessed - your chart is textbook material! Truly beautiful!
#247 of 384 Old 11-02-2006, 01:58 PM

still have high temps over here.....AF should arrive tomorrow or saturday....so we will seeee
#248 of 384 Old 11-02-2006, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

changes to here!

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#249 of 384 Old 11-02-2006, 03:27 PM

Mamabearsoblessed - That chart is beautiful!

Greenegirl
- Your chart still looks good so you could still be surprised. I'm so pulling for you.

I have boob pain at 5 dpo but it's only in the left boob. How weird is that? Maybe it's just from working out yesterday.....

T

Tara - Mother to Curtis 12/04 and Clark 11/07
#250 of 384 Old 11-02-2006, 03:29 PM

i should add that i had what could have possibly been an implantation dip 10DPO.....

i am having hubby pick up some $tree tests so i can start POAS this weekend!
#251 of 384 Old 11-02-2006, 03:30 PM

Ok, WHOA!!! I have SOOOOO much catching up to do!!! Our internet is off til the 10th, so I brought my laptop to work today, something I can only do Thursdays b/c it's the only day slow enough for it. Anywho, CONGRATS to the BFPs!!!!! Shelley--sorry you misread it. You're not stupid, they should just make them ALL the same!!!! It's so stinkin confusing!
Jezzy-!!!! That's really all I can say! My sister also just miscarried....she was only about 5 days past when AF should have originally started, but she was DEFINITELY pregnant also. It was even confirmed by doc. So she is devistated, and there's nothing I can say to her either.

I'm crossing my fingers for everyone. I truly believe that this will be THE cycle for lots of us, including me! I saw my doc yesterday...not pg, so he gave me a progesterone shot and a prescription for Clomid and also told me to buy some OPKs (I've never used them before). So I'm well armed this time! Plus, my life seems to mirror my sister's...her husband's ex gave birth in Nov, the SAME November that my neice was conceived. MY Dhs ex is having her baby on Tuesday! Hehe...so this will be it!!! I am SOOOOO positive about this month...it's actually a little weird!

Even though AF has not started yet, I am anxious to start this new cycle....Please move me to Waiting to O!!! Thank you!!!
#252 of 384 Old 11-02-2006, 03:56 PM

I'm so sorry, Shelley.
xoxo
Charlotte
#253 of 384 Old 11-02-2006, 04:03 PM - Thread Starter

changes (and corrections) to here!

#254 of 384 Old 11-02-2006, 04:06 PM

I am so sorry Jezzy, its a m/c. I have had 2 already in my life and both were horrible. I had my last one in June after TTC for 8 months. Lots of hugs to you.

Well my cycle is really weird this month. My temps are being weird so I have no idea if I already ovulated or I have yet to do it. I thought for sure I did yesterday but my temp didn't do much. I think the stress this month is making things bad. So I am just sitting around in the unknown corner tell either AF or a big temp jump comes.

I think waiting to O is the hardest only because it takes me forever to O. My 2 WW is short so its not near as bad even though I hate the wait a lot more.
#255 of 384 Old 11-02-2006, 04:18 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
thanks guys for being so understanding, i do feel rather stupid and embarrassed. i just put myself thru 48 hours of high drama for nothing! first i was SO excited, then worried, then scared and upset, now normal! :

Momma to K ('01), E ('03) and A ('07)
Acting as a Gestational Surrogate for my cousin, EDD Jan 17th
#256 of 384 Old 11-02-2006, 04:23 PM

I believe you Shelly Af must still be a dissapointment for you

I just got a letter back from my mom. She wrote that I was never pregnant and that the doctors couldnt see 2 eggs on the US and I should quit overreacting and being sad over something that never was!!!!!!!!!!! I will never tell her anything again and I am glad that a big ocean seperates us!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it!!!
#257 of 384 Old 11-02-2006, 04:34 PM

Jezzy: I am so sorry that your mom sent you that. Its horrible when the people that supposedly love us the most and those ones we count on for support fail us so miserably. I could try to explain away what she said, but even if her intentions were kind, it was beyond insensitive. Take care of your self, heal, be well and know that while we may never meet, I am sending you tons of support. It is certainly ok to feel how you feel.
#258 of 384 Old 11-02-2006, 04:37 PM

Oh Jezzy~ I wish I could hold you in a big strong hug right now. . I am so sorry you had to read those painful words from your mother. Please surround yourself with positive, loving and gentle people and energies in the coming days and weeks...

So many people can say such wrong and insensitive things, I'm so sorry your Mom was one of them, you know in your heart what you held in your body for too short a time. I am so sorry for your losses.

You remain in my prayers.

natural birthin', baby catchin', cloth addicted, intactalactavist mama of 12/00, 6/03, 10/07, 8/10 & our angelcubs three
#259 of 384 Old 11-02-2006, 04:38 PM

Thanks Sabo, you know what the worst was?? She compared this to my dog that reabsorbed her babies!!! That is what she compared it with. If she weren't my mother I would never speak to her again. I still can't believe it but then again I should have known better.........
#260 of 384 Old 11-02-2006, 05:03 PM

PUNQUIN I haven't been here awhile and was trying to catch up. I just went to stalk your chart after reading page 3 WOW!!!! CONGRATS GIRL I am so Jazzed for you. : Woo Hoo

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
#261 of 384 Old 11-02-2006, 05:14 PM

Oh Jezzy, what a dreadful thing for your mom to say
#262 of 384 Old 11-02-2006, 05:26 PM

Jezzy I am so sorry for your loss.
Shelley sorry you had the confusion that caused you stress for a couple days.

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
#263 of 384 Old 11-02-2006, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

Jezzy, how mean!! I'm so sorry she said that to you! Obviously she has no idea what she's talking about, b/c she is totally wrong. take care of yourself.

#264 of 384 Old 11-02-2006, 06:33 PM

double Jezzy!
#265 of 384 Old 11-02-2006, 06:34 PM

Jezzy
#266 of 384 Old 11-02-2006, 08:27 PM

JEZZY!!!! WHAT a terrible thing for your mom to say!!!! And I don't blame you for never wanting to tell her anything again! My parents and MIL are very much against dh and I have children since we are so 'old' and because it will split MIL's loyalty between dh's son from a previous relationship and any children we are blessed to have. We will not tell them that we are getting help from a RE until after the fact--as Dh says--better to ask forgivness rather then ask permission! And good heavens we are closer to 40 then to 20 and they still act like we are teenagers!! Sheesh!!!!

You take care of yourself Jezzy!

Shelly-- No need to apologize!! Heaven knows I am a drama queen when it gets late into the 2ww! In fact I think the 2ww is the WORST!!! So many times I have thought that a twinge or a pull is a sign! That is why, no more POAS--just betas from here on out! And only if they are ordered from the RE! Went in for my u/s today and the nurse was just as bummed out as I was--said they were really hoping for a first timers success story! She did say that most couples achive a pregnancy in 3 tries. Let's hope so!!!

*climbing down from my soap box!*
Spinner
#267 of 384 Old 11-02-2006, 11:31 PM

Mamabearsoblessed looks really nice!

I felt so queasy yesterday. But only 5 days DPO. You know how some women give themselves pregnancy symptoms when they're not even pregnant, well I swear I'm not doing that. Maybe I'm just getting sick...

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

#268 of 384 Old 11-02-2006, 11:45 PM

Oh Jezzy. I'm glad an ocean separates the two of you, too. You don't need that kind of crap in your life, especially now.

I officially feel like crap. I want to slap everyone silly where I work, and I am so tired. I also feel AF-ish, so I dunno- my temps are still high, but I'm getting upper-thigh cramps, which to me are a sure sign AF's a-coming.

However, I raced to the bathroom to puke this AM. :

I'm so sick of this, and I haven't even been trying that long. And next month I will O while DH and I are staying at his parents' house in another state. Where the heck are we going to BD? WHY DOES THIS HAVE TO BE SO HARD???

DH looked at my chart tonight and feels confident. I just plain old want to wrap up in a blanket, tell my boss what she can do, and where, and for how long, and just sleep.

: I am so whiny. I feel so bad, I'm complaining over what is reletively nothing.

Mama to a beautiful little girl, born July 18, 2007
Eager for a VBAC some time around April 10, 2010!
#269 of 384 Old 11-02-2006, 11:54 PM

Clara. I really hope that this is your cycle. Chart does look VERY good.
Is it wrong for me to want you to POAS?
#270 of 384 Old 11-03-2006, 12:10 AM

i know i haven't been here in a really long time, but i found out i am pregnant today so...

can i be moved from waiting to O to, November BFPs?

Alia + Brian proud parents to Rowan (9/8/04) Lila (9/3/07) and Rhys (6/11/10)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page