~Nursing Mamas TTC in November~ - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 513 Old 11-02-2006, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh man. Why did I do it? I keep thinking that maybe I should go to try out all the different sensitive brands now. You know, a little scientific experiment!
#62 of 513 Old 11-02-2006, 10:27 PM

I know that once I have POAS once I need to do it every day until either or :bfp! Good luck and as you already know, it is just too early to tell.

My ds hid my thermometer somewhere and with me feeling icky I just couldn't go to the store to get another, so no temps for me for a few days. I guess that doesn't help me at all trying to figure out O day! I wonder if he is telling me he doesn't want a sibling yet or just to chill out a little!

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#63 of 513 Old 11-02-2006, 10:35 PM - Thread Starter

What a little trickster!
#64 of 513 Old 11-02-2006, 11:17 PM

thanks for the feedback on the lp. what is normal? mine have always been on the short side and the last couple cycles have been 10-12 days. Implantation happens around 8-10 dpo, correct? i'll have to keep an eye on that. I did use some progesterone with my daughter after a loss. i think i'll see how this cycle goes and go from there. i'd like to avoid the progesterone and hopefully reduce the m/s!

mama mia- i feel ya, i'm only 5 dpo and am counting down till i can start testing! so much for just taking it easy and seeing how things go! it's hard not to get caught up in it all!

naturegirl: that is hilarious! what a funny kid! he'd have a while to adjust to the idea of a sibling!

aileen: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#65 of 513 Old 11-02-2006, 11:18 PM

Hi all, I don't want to jinx myself, but I am hopefully optimistic that I might be moving the the July 2007 ddc soon...
I am 10 dpo - nice high temps, and poas this morning - didn't see anything - but about an hour later - went and checked and there was a faint line!
I thought it might be an evap line - so I poas again - and this time after about 5 min - another VERY faint line. Well, I had to check again (thank god for internet cheapies) and my 3rd poas had a faint line as well - still faint - but DEFINITELY a line.

I am still wary that they might be evap lines - but I dug a test out of the garbage that I took at 8dpo : and there is absolutely NO line on that one, so......
everyone :

I will keep you all posted!

namaste.gif
Chelsea - proud mama of my Rosie 7/05 and Sammy 7/07   homebirth.jpgnovaxnocirc.gif
#66 of 513 Old 11-02-2006, 11:45 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congrats Aileen

ChelseaG: : for you.

cd34 for me and no O. I'm having low back pain, feel bloated, aversion to nursing feeling again so I'm thinking another anovulatory cycle.

Amanda,  SAHM mama to love.gif Rose and rainbow1284.giflove.gif  Sean.   Always in my heart and never forgotten  angel3.gif Violet (18 weeks due to I.C.) candle.gif
#67 of 513 Old 11-03-2006, 01:09 AM

HI

I am new to this thread! I am TTC #2 I am not charting anything because it really stressed me out while TTC #1. However, I do usually know when I am O. I just ended AF and looking for O symptoms. Just thought I would say Hi to all you wonderful mommies!
Rachel

ChelseaG: same exact thing happened to me for my first baby! The doc told me that ANY line (I called it a ghost line) can mean a positive test! Good luck!!!

Rachel femalesling.GIF, WAHM, Mom to guitar.gif DS (MAY/05), hearts.gifDD (AUG/07), and superhero.gif DS (JAN/10),  bfinfant.gif DD (JUL/12) Wife to the love of my life partners.gif(MAY/02),

#68 of 513 Old 11-03-2006, 01:16 AM

Hi, everyone . . . I've been lurking in this thread for months, but I've finally started cycling again so now I can join in! This is cd3, so I'm waiting to O.
Naturegirl, my DS hid my thermometers (yes, *both* of them) for 5 days last month and made me miss my first thermal shift!
So excited to finally be here!

A, wife to R and mom to 3 boys: D~ 10/05, J~ 8/07, and B~ 12/09 jumpers.gif

#69 of 513 Old 11-03-2006, 07:12 AM - Thread Starter

I will get to everyone's posts, but I had to drop in to say that I tested again (foolishly) and got some evap lines. It is the middle of the night! Tomorrow morning I am going to pee in a cup first thing and run to the drug store to get some sensitive pee sticks. I've been all over the 2ww site and a lot of people have bfps at 10dpo. It's my first cycle on clomid and I am desprate not to ever use this stuff again. Please let this cycle be it! I don't know if my familial relationships can handle another clomid cycle.
#70 of 513 Old 11-03-2006, 11:27 AM

Mamma mia : thank you for the new thread ! good luck to you :

Aileen : congratz !!!!

ChelseaG : good luck to you too :

Welcome to the new mamas

I decided to order Vitex online on Ebay (can't find it here ....) and I hope I'll have my cycles back with that... Is someone here has experience of having the cycles returns with Vitex ?
I have a beautiful anovulation (?) chart ... First egg, I'll cath you !!!!
#71 of 513 Old 11-03-2006, 01:07 PM

OK - I poas again this morning - with 2 different brands of internet cheapies - and
!!!!!!!!

here is a photo

and here is a photo of my VERY faint lines from yesterday

I am excited - but cautious and I am am not going to the ddc just yet - I will wait and poas again with my First Response test tomorrow and use that as the "official" results.

But I did tell DH that we "might" be pg and showed him all my tests - he cried he was so happy....

Now - let's just hope everything sticks and looks good tomorrow too!

to you all!

namaste.gif
Chelsea - proud mama of my Rosie 7/05 and Sammy 7/07   homebirth.jpgnovaxnocirc.gif
#72 of 513 Old 11-03-2006, 01:13 PM

Hello fellow TTC nursing mommies!!!

finally left this morning. Now just counting down to O. I have a question for all you experienced TTC'ers. I read somewhere yesterday that when you are TTC you should only BD every other day for some reason. Does anyone know if this is true? If it is does anyone know why?

Thanks!!!!

Aileen : Congratulations!!!

ChelseaG, Sarahn & Mamma Mia : for you all!

Good luck to everyone~
Erin

Erin ~ Vegetarian AP SAHM to DS1 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(Kevin age 8) ,  DS2 bikenew.gif(Dylan age 6) and  (Lauren born 11/19/13) babygirl.gif. Loving wife to Ken luxlove.gifmy soulmate. We are a nak.gifcd.gif, and slingboy.gif family.
#73 of 513 Old 11-03-2006, 01:31 PM
zak

Congrats Chelsea!

Erin... our first month of TTC we did it twice a day for 14 days and got pregnant.... (ended in m/c in September) we took the next cycle "easy" and weren't really into it... (October)

I have no idea about the every other day thing. I've heard it's myth and I've heard it has to do with the number of sperm and the "rebuild" time. We are once or twice a day for this cycle (November)... we'll see... I think I've O'd... so we are TWW now.

Mama Mia... TWW for me

-zak- Mama to three fantastic sons - 2005, 2007 & 2010 and expecting a daughter February 2012!

#74 of 513 Old 11-03-2006, 01:49 PM

Thanks Zak!!! We'll just BD as much as we can and see what happens then!

Good luck! Keeping my : for you!

Erin ~ Vegetarian AP SAHM to DS1 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(Kevin age 8) ,  DS2 bikenew.gif(Dylan age 6) and  (Lauren born 11/19/13) babygirl.gif. Loving wife to Ken luxlove.gifmy soulmate. We are a nak.gifcd.gif, and slingboy.gif family.
#75 of 513 Old 11-03-2006, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinluvsKen View Post
I have a question for all you experienced TTC'ers. I read somewhere yesterday that when you are TTC you should only BD every other day for some reason. Does anyone know if this is true? If it is does anyone know why?
It depends on your partner's sperm counts. If there is no issue and he has high counts and active sperm then bd all you want!! If there is a chance his levels a bit on the low side, it is very helpful to let the levels build for a day so there is a larger deposit, making the likelyhood of one making it to the egg greater. It is recommended that you bd when you get fertile mucus before actual ovulation (sperm can live for 5-7 days in the right environment) and then again 2 days later when ovulation should be happening. My sisiter tried for a few years bding daily and once they went to every other day she finally concieved. Then the second one was quite a suprise at 1 year pp after 4 years of trying for the first, but new mom, sex life not quite as active a viola! baby!

Good luck. You could try alternating cycles each way and see what works for you.

All these positives are SO exciting, yeah!! Stick babies, stick!!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#76 of 513 Old 11-03-2006, 03:23 PM

My dh has a very healthy appite for BDing

so

I just "let him" have as much as he wants -- a couple of months ago -- we'd talked about #2 but HE remained of the "yes we want another one, but not sure NOW' mind set but he did give up rubbers................well last month he notieced "you are trying to get pg aren't you." cuz i have been so agreeable

usally 4 times a week and 2x on one of the weekend days.

I do count days -- and am I try to be more agreebale on thoese days -- but i too count on the "can live up to 5 days" possiblity

course then i sit up 3 hours in the middle of the night with a non-sleeping 12 month old and wonder "amd I totally nuts for this TTC stuff" but I have to keep thinking -- hey it takes 9 months to cook a baby -- i would be irrational to think in 9 month when the baby arrives ds will still be like he is NOW.

riiiiiiiiiight??????????

My cycle is ually 30 days; so that puts O date at Nov 12; but last cycle was 39 days for some reason so that put the o date later.......i marked them both in my daytimer -- just in case -- and i will do my best to resist the urge to test till past cd33.........we'll see

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
#77 of 513 Old 11-03-2006, 03:37 PM

Quote:
course then i sit up 3 hours in the middle of the night with a non-sleeping 12 month old and wonder "amd I totally nuts for this TTC stuff" but I have to keep thinking -- hey it takes 9 months to cook a baby -- i would be irrational to think in 9 month when the baby arrives ds will still be like he is NOW.

riiiiiiiiiight??????????
I have recently had these same thoughts about my two and 3 month old ds. Goes to show you that every age can have its difficulties. Hopefully the sleepless nights will soon be a thing of the past for you.

My temp was way up today still : : I also had some spotting today which is way weird. I am not due for my cycle for another week! Don't know if it is sickness related or what? (the optimistic side of me wants to think implantation bleeding. )

Gotta go get some rest.

Later.
and Congrats to all the BFP's!!!

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#78 of 513 Old 11-03-2006, 04:04 PM

we're better now. WEll, physically better! The stress level around here is through the roof. My world is falling apart! AHH! I am hoping that the stress doesn't affect things too much. Probably wouldn't get pg anyway. :

congrats chelsea!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#79 of 513 Old 11-03-2006, 04:08 PM

Congrats Chelsea!!!

Erin ~ you and I are on the same schedule!!

Good luck Zak :

I have had the same exact thoughts as you Aimee21972!!! My DS still gets up many times a night and I wonder... should I be thinking about TTC #2? Then I think about ALL the wonderful things another blessing will bring to the family! LOTS OF LOVE & LAUGHS!

Good luck to all you Mommies!!!

Rachel

Rachel femalesling.GIF, WAHM, Mom to guitar.gif DS (MAY/05), hearts.gifDD (AUG/07), and superhero.gif DS (JAN/10),  bfinfant.gif DD (JUL/12) Wife to the love of my life partners.gif(MAY/02),

#80 of 513 Old 11-03-2006, 04:21 PM

Thanks Sarah and Aimee for your help!!

DH is PUMPED that we can bd as much as he wants. As normals guys are, he is OBSESSED with bd.

GOOD LUCK GIRLS!!!

#81 of 513 Old 11-03-2006, 04:32 PM

congrats chelsea! how sweet that dh cried...i love that. (i'm still too nervous to ddc it either.)

good luck everyone else!
i thought the same thing about should i really be ttc when dd is up almost every two hours? but she's 3.5 and so i threw in the waiting towel. might as well be up with two right?
#82 of 513 Old 11-03-2006, 04:43 PM

Congrats, Aileen and Chelsea!

I think I'm having some fertile cf (cd20). This is a big deal around here. I feel like my cycle may finally be normalizing a bit.

Kristen, happy wife to Jeremy; Mama to dd (2/04) and ds (8/07) and two miscarried babies (9/05 & 5/06). And beginning to believe a baby may really be coming this summer.
#83 of 513 Old 11-03-2006, 04:51 PM

Congrats to Chelsea and Aileen! Arggh! I promised myself I'd wait until Sat am to POAS, but I'm dying to find out... I've convinced myself that I felt implantation last week, but I don't really know that AF is really actually late! Tomorrow is 14 DPO, though, so I figure if I'm pg it will really show on the test... :

Mommy to two boys, ages 4 and 6.

#84 of 513 Old 11-03-2006, 04:56 PM

Hello there, everyone! Huge congrats to you both, Aimee and Chelsea-- what exciting and awesome news!!! Hope your next 9 mos are healthy and happy and peaceful....

Good luck to you, Mamma Mia and Sarahn... the waiting is hard, and we are in similar waits... I will be sending you calming vibes during the countdown to poas-time!

Jillybeans, I am sorry you are under so much stress... that is tiring on all levels, eh? I hope you are finding time to do extra kind things (however small) for yourself, and being as nurturing and gentle as possible with yourself. I will send some extra peaceful thoughts your way...

Thanks for the welcome! I am so excited to be in the 2ww... today is 7 DPO, and I am feeling lots and lots of lower belly twinges, and am feeling really good about this (and yesterday I had a completely ate-up brain kind of day, and I was thinking, oh... maybe I am really pregant!), and also just trying to go with the flow! Well, good thoughts to all, and have great days. michelle
#85 of 513 Old 11-03-2006, 05:22 PM

I haven't read all the posts but I have a little bit of time on a computer so I'm using it. I have crosshairs! We'll see if they stick around but I'm optimistic. Since moving (and being in a #%$# hotel for a ^&%&^% week) I have had the most normal range of temps! They haven't been up and down and up and down. Woo hoo!

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
#86 of 513 Old 11-03-2006, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtaaar View Post
Mamma mia : thank you for the new thread ! good luck to you :

I decided to order Vitex online on Ebay (can't find it here ....) and I hope I'll have my cycles back with that... Is someone here has experience of having the cycles returns with Vitex ?
I have a beautiful anovulation (?) chart ... First egg, I'll cath you !!!!
Thanks!

Vitex hashelped me get my cycles back, but i encountered some of the side effects of being on BCP, like getting painful bumps on my shins. That isn't a normal side effect though. If you've ever had really bad side effects from BCP I'd start at a lower dose. I am able to take it at half doses, personally.

Here's to you catching that first egg!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaG View Post
OK - I poas again this morning - with 2 different brands of internet cheapies - and
!!!!!!!!
Woo hoo! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinluvsKen View Post
finally left this morning. Now just counting down to O. I have a question for all you experienced TTC'ers. I read somewhere yesterday that when you are TTC you should only BD every other day for some reason. Does anyone know if this is true? If it is does anyone know why?
As a pp said, I think that is only with low sperm counts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zak View Post
Mama Mia... TWW for me
You got it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee21972 View Post
My dh has a very healthy appite for BDing

so

I just "let him" have as much as he wants -- a couple of months ago -- we'd talked about #2 but HE remained of the "yes we want another one, but not sure NOW' mind set but he did give up rubbers................well last month he notieced "you are trying to get pg aren't you." cuz i have been so agreeable

usally 4 times a week and 2x on one of the weekend days.

I do count days -- and am I try to be more agreebale on thoese days -- but i too count on the "can live up to 5 days" possiblity

riiiiiiiiiight??????????

My cycle is ually 30 days; so that puts O date at Nov 12; but last cycle was 39 days for some reason so that put the o date later.......i marked them both in my daytimer -- just in case -- and i will do my best to resist the urge to test till past cd33.........we'll see
I bet your dh is a hapy man. I'm sure your ds will be a little older in 9+ months. There are always new challenges with each age. I'm sure you'll be well prepared.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybeans View Post
we're better now. WEll, physically better! The stress level around here is through the roof. My world is falling apart! AHH! I am hoping that the stress doesn't affect things too much. Probably wouldn't get pg anyway. :
So sorry mama. Hopefully things will start looking up soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileen View Post
i thought the same thing about should i really be ttc when dd is up almost every two hours? but she's 3.5 and so i threw in the waiting towel. might as well be up with two right?
Definitely!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristeremy View Post
I think I'm having some fertile cf (cd20). This is a big deal around here. I feel like my cycle may finally be normalizing a bit.
Woo hoo! Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatermom View Post
Arggh! I promised myself I'd wait until Sat am to POAS, but I'm dying to find out... I've convinced myself that I felt implantation last week, but I don't really know that AF is really actually late! Tomorrow is 14 DPO, though, so I figure if I'm pg it will really show on the test... :
It's worth a shot! Of course, I am just trying to bring you into my world of obsessive early testing, yk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird68 View Post
Good luck to you, Mamma Mia and Sarahn... the waiting is hard, and we are in similar waits... I will be sending you calming vibes during the countdown to poas-time!

Thanks for the welcome! I am so excited to be in the 2ww... today is 7 DPO, and I am feeling lots and lots of lower belly twinges, and am feeling really good about this (and yesterday I had a completely ate-up brain kind of day, and I was thinking, oh... maybe I am really pregant!), and also just trying to go with the flow! Well, good thoughts to all, and have great days. michelle
Thanks. I'm feeling the twinges too. : I hope we can both graduate soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtherMother'n'Madre View Post
I haven't read all the posts but I have a little bit of time on a computer so I'm using it. I have crosshairs! We'll see if they stick around but I'm optimistic. Since moving (and being in a #%$# hotel for a ^&%&^% week) I have had the most normal range of temps! They haven't been up and down and up and down. Woo hoo!
Congrats!! dust
#87 of 513 Old 11-04-2006, 06:38 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congrats Chelsea

Mamma Mia: Good luck to you :

Amanda,  SAHM mama to love.gif Rose and rainbow1284.giflove.gif  Sean.   Always in my heart and never forgotten  angel3.gif Violet (18 weeks due to I.C.) candle.gif
#88 of 513 Old 11-04-2006, 11:12 AM

Ok - it's official - I am moving to the July 2007 ddc! - the First Response test was !
Thanks to all of you for your support and encouragement! Please send me lots of sticky vibes

I am sending to you all and hope to see you all in the ddc with us soon!

namaste.gif
#89 of 513 Old 11-04-2006, 11:38 AM

just got my period. My last cycle was 48 days, this one was 38 days. I have no idea when I O'd.
I'm kind of relieved actually, ds started to nurse a lot through the night lately and I hope he'll change his sleep pattern for the next couple of months, so I can rest better if I manage to get pregnant.
Congratulations to all future mamas!

caffix.gif

#90 of 513 Old 11-04-2006, 11:51 AM

It's hard to keep up here but I wanted to say congrats to the new BFPs.

Still no PPAF, I've been on vitex 1600mg for a month now. DS had a nursathon last night since he has a little cold so the night weaning went out the window and we have to start all over again. I am so frustrated, I can't get my body going. I just want to be able to get PG again and I feel like I'm going to have to wean him to get it. I hate the wait, this is almost as bad as the infertility I experienced with DS. Sorry for the vent, i just wish my body would cooperate and what's with the pain in my right ovary for a week now. I am going to see the DR on monday maybe they will have some suggestions.:

SAHM slinggirl.gif married to my loveblowkiss.gif we have 2 boys superhero.gifJames(5/24/05)  bouncy.gifJustin(4/5/08) and our little princessdust.gifRowan Jane 12/17/10  expecting #4 belly.gifJesse Rhys stork-boy.gif due Sept 4 2013  homeschool.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page