TTC 6+ Months November Support Thread - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 786 Old 11-16-2006, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lilyflower--You're such a chart stalker! Yesterday, I searched and searched for news of ChristyM26. I couldn't figure out what you were responding to. And now today, I get a hug without so much as a peep on my part. Thanks! And a for ChristyM26. I did get my period slowly over the last 3 days. It's weird on Prometrium---no pms, no cramping (a usual for me) and very late and slow. Am I messing things up? I don't know.

This thread is moving so quickly now! I will attempt some personals, but I apologize for missing some of you in advance.

Racecar—Thanks for sharing your secrets! Stress-out and don't chart. I can do those things... I'll add them to my upright, shower sex plan.

Hezzy—It's nice to see you on the board even though you are : At least you are doing yoga. It is really good to have a plan and getting some tests done might feel good. I'm going to get a pelvic ultrasound this month and then next cycle CD-3 blood test--happy holidays to me!

allisonrose—It's tough when parents are self-centered. She should be more supportive of you, really. And it is interesting what you, lilyflower, were musing about the desire for more babies--I think you're right.

Taradactyl3--Drat! Darn birthin' woman taking your appointment! Soon she'll be and you'll still be waiting to see the midwife. I'd be mad too!

Tenk— I can't keep track of all of your symptoms and twinges, but I'm interested and sending you : Aren't you nearing the end of your 2ww?

more in a min...
#362 of 786 Old 11-16-2006, 07:39 PM

Isn't that what they are there for? (The charts.) Anyway, I check out each of your charts first thing in the morning when I am filling in mine.

I have grown to care so much about everyone here!
#363 of 786 Old 11-16-2006, 08:18 PM

I have gone from completely this morning to completely : now. I am totally down all of the sudden. It has got to be hormones right? I think I felt exactly like this about 3-4 DPO last month.
#364 of 786 Old 11-16-2006, 08:37 PM

that happened to me.. some woman had an emer. csec.. so I got bumped to a different apointment... it was way late in my pregnancy.. I wasnt obviously ttc

Crys - mom to DS, C (6/04) expecting twins 2/23/13 joy.gif

#365 of 786 Old 11-16-2006, 08:42 PM

I'm feeling the same way lily, I'm a complete basket case today. :

On the train on my way home from work two women sat beside me, one was about five months pregnant. It was all they talked about the whole way. By the time I got to my car I was a complete mess and sat there crying by myself for a good ten minutes.

Earlier this year we bought a house, it's not built yet - we move in a year from now. Every time we've looked at the plans the room beside ours is the baby room (Punquin, your post about this made me cry this morning). When I got pregnant I could see us moving in with the baby and all the plans we had made it was all we talked about. Yesterday we had to look over some of the plans again to choose some upgrades etc and I just fell apart. I just don't know what to think anymore.
#366 of 786 Old 11-16-2006, 08:43 PM - Thread Starter

lilyflower--I hope the day takes an upturn again and goes all on you.

I just wanted to "talk" for a minute about our plans to take a break. I think we are going to take the next 2-3 cycles off, but I'm not totally sure what this means... So I'll share. Here are the things we won't be doing: charting, opks, avoiding foods/stimulants, cramming for ovulation (iykwim), acupuncture, chinese herbs. Here are the things we will be doing: having unprotected sex (I'm sure I'll note when in ff--should I not? maybe I won't... yeah, maybe I won't.. but maybe I will), taking a hot tub, doing other sperm unfriendly things if we feel like it, and I'm still going to go ahead with an ultrasound and blood tests. So, maybe we'll have "relaxers luck" (though I doubt it) and maybe not, but in any case we'll be ready for Clomid and IUI when we start again, I can enjoy the holidays, I can exercise regularly, and I can feel more normal (can I?). I've also made a date in January for which it would be nice not to be pregnant. But yet I can't at all consider using birth control... It just seems wrong.

Does anyone have any taking a break words of wisdom? Have you sucessfully done it?
#367 of 786 Old 11-16-2006, 09:26 PM

Funnygrace, I think that is a great idea! It will give you and DH a chance to feel back to normal I bet. I have to say I have no advice though. I probably would not chart BD days because I would then be staring at my chart again.

Man, I just feel like I have so much activity going on in my ovaries.
#368 of 786 Old 11-16-2006, 09:31 PM

Funny I hope that you can find some peace with your cycle break(s).

Hezzy & Sarah I'm sorry that your feeling blue, I can only offer my hugs and prayers.

Lily I'm sorry that 4 dpo sucks...I think it does too. Try not to let it get you down...I think that's how I felt at 4 dpo too. I'm sorry. I really hope you are feeling all that for a really good reason!

Tara I'm sorry you lost your appointment, maybe in a few months (9) you can take someones appointment to deliver your baby!!!

to those that need it, and to those saying their prayers for me and the rest of us.

Ok, so I have some news...I got a faint + on a FREPT tonight. I bought 5 total so that I could continue to test. But it's a BFP. And I'm scared, I don't know if I should cry, or scream??? I love you ladies like your my family.

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#369 of 786 Old 11-16-2006, 09:42 PM

OH MY GOSH!!!!! I wish I could see it!!!!! TENK! YES!!! That is sooo cool!
#370 of 786 Old 11-16-2006, 09:43 PM

Oh Teneal! : : ::
#371 of 786 Old 11-16-2006, 09:45 PM

TENK

:
#372 of 786 Old 11-16-2006, 09:50 PM

Congratulations Tenk!!!!!

I've been so busy that I haven't been doing more than lurking around here. I am Threadkeeper next week, so you'll see me around more regularly. I am just waiting to O, myself. I got a faint line on an OPK this evening, after a few days with no line at all, it looks like I'm gearing up to O. I was expecting to O sometime this weekend, so it looks like I am right on track.
#373 of 786 Old 11-16-2006, 09:51 PM

OMG Tenk is it real ? colored ? came up in time frame ? WOO HOOO !!!!!!!!!!

: : :

That is such awesome news ! Ok, who else is running out for clomid ? Wow !

.........and who will be the third in this wave of BWFP's ?
#374 of 786 Old 11-16-2006, 09:53 PM

yay! lets hope that its real!!

#375 of 786 Old 11-16-2006, 09:53 PM

me! me!

#376 of 786 Old 11-16-2006, 09:54 PM

It's real, It's two lines, and DH actually said he saw it and was happy....he thought I was lying at first. Thank you girls! I do love you guys, it's weird...LOL! I don't know how to paste a picture or I would, and I'll take another in the morning just to be sure. Thank you for supporting me!!! I can't wait to see whose next???

OH, good night, DH already went with out me...we're lazy hehe

#377 of 786 Old 11-16-2006, 10:14 PM

Oh Tenk two real lines that is awesome ! I know you will have a H&H 9 mos, enjoy it for us all... and don't forget to dust us good.

Funnygrace your plan sounds excellent. I always feel like if I stopped charting I would be more of a wreck, but sometimes I wonder. I think that if you can mentally deal with it it is a great thing to take a break, and the new year will be a excellent time to start up again if you don't have the old we-were-on-a-break luck. Does that mean that this cycle you are just starting now is a break cycle ?

SarahJen I can understand how hard it must be in the new house right now. Just take it one day at a time Don't be afraid to vent here, we are all in this together.

Lilyflower, yes the pro-gest does tend to make me feel sleepy... and dreamy and calm... just the smell of it now reminds me of the feel. I have read about other women saying they crave it and have the urge to apply more & more. I wonder if this is what life is like for women who have lots of progesterone and don't suffer pms ? My pms has been helped a lot by the pro-gest, do you think some of that could be due to it's calming effect ? Hence less irritability ? I get less cramping too pre-AF with the pro-gest cycles. I hope it works nicely for you
#378 of 786 Old 11-17-2006, 12:12 AM

Congrats Tenk!!!!!!

Funnygrace - I am right there with you. I have opk's and was wondering if I'd use them but after today's cancelled appointment I just felt like someone was trying to tell me to stop for a while. I am seriously done until at least January. After I made the final descion today I have actually felt extremely good for the first time in months. I might still be here just to live vicariously through you guys.

Sarahjen - Hugs to you for the pain you're going through.

Tara

Tara - Mother to Curtis 12/04 and Clark 11/07
#379 of 786 Old 11-17-2006, 12:34 AM

I've been reading and thinking of you all but had to pop back in to actually say CONGRATULATIONS, TENK!!! So very, very exciting!! I am so happy for you and wishing you all the best in this pregnancy (and beyond, of course). Woo hoo!!!

Funnygrace - A holiday break sounds pretty nice and your plan sounds like a great one. And who knows, right?

Hezzy - Sorry you have been down, but glad you are taking care of yourself. "Although it's really hard to do yoga while you're crying." This actually made me giggle - just a funny mental picture, but I know it isn't fun to feel.

Lily - The ups and downs of hormones don't sound fun, either, but I hope you're at least riding an up right now.

As for me, I am cd 30 and 12 dpo with no spotting. That is the longest LP without any spotting that I've had in the 6 months of charting (you can only see 2 mo on my freebie ff). Does that make sense? My LP averages 12 days but that is with the last day or 2 with tiny spotting. So I was feeling excited... and I POAS this morning... and it was a BFN. Very very clear N. I am trying to keep my mood up, since the 12 dpo w/o spotting seems like a good thing.

And I'm off for 10 days of travel in the morning, so I probably won't be around. But you will ALL be in my thoughts!!!
#380 of 786 Old 11-17-2006, 12:37 AM

For the chart stalkers out there -- don't read anything into the temps on my chart. All the high ones after O are mornings when I was up at 3, 4 or 5 am with ds and then went ahead and temped at 6 am. My guy needs a lot of night snuggles (but none of us can get any rest if we're all 3 in the bed) so I'm often up to go snuggle in his room.
#381 of 786 Old 11-17-2006, 01:33 AM

:CONGRATS TENEAL!!! BFP!!!:
#382 of 786 Old 11-17-2006, 10:24 AM

Congrats, Tenk!!

I had a feeling it was going to be your month. Didn't want to jinx it, though... but happy I was right!!! H&H 9 to you, mama!
#383 of 786 Old 11-17-2006, 10:46 AM

YAY TENK!!!

That's awesome! Who will be lucky #3???

I have to run something by everyone. I'm on CD 11 or 12, but the day before yesterday, I had such a wretched night. DH came home from work and was in a goofy mood, so he was picking on me about some things that I got overly sensitive about. I told him to stop, and he thought I was just kidding because it usually doesn't bother me when he picks a little. It was all in jest, and by the end of the night, I was in tears! Not just little pouty tears, but full fledged BAWLING! With sobs, sniffles, runny nose, headache and everything! I've not done that in a very long time. Does anyone think it might be because I'm stressed about TTC. I'm riding it alone really because he doesn't like to talk about my firtle time. (it makes it hard for him to... huh hum) So he just tells me to innitiate sex and so I'm the one who's innitiating all the time. Well, that night, I tried to innitiate and was: REJECTED! I was devistated. He's never turned me down before. So downstairs I go, and I sit here at the puter thinking about telling you all about it, and he came down and I lost it! I just cried and cried for almost an hour while he held me helplessly and kept saying "I didn't realize you were serious or I would have stopped picking"
OMG!!!! Are they really that stupid? So, yesterday I had one helluva headache. He worked from home while I moped around trying to stay quiet so he could work. It's aweful to say, but I'm glad he's gone back to work today. He was getting on my nerves! I couldn't turn on music, I couldn't run the vaccuum, I couldn't get on the computer because he was working on it. I couldn't do ANYTHING! It's hard to innitiate sex with someone who is irritating the skin off you! I think I need a nap!
#384 of 786 Old 11-17-2006, 11:43 AM

: : YAY TENK!!!!! : :

That's so exciting!!!

Funnygrace -- I hope you are able to really relax in your time off. I don't have any advice except to not expect yourself to be able to actually forget about it. And, as much as I hate to say it, don't come here too much. I find these boards, as helpful as they can be, often fuel my obssession. Whatever you do, I hope you come back after the holidays with a great big fat P.

You too, ELKmama. I hope you come back with some fabulous news. And I was actually sort of laughing at myself as I cried while I did yoga. I felt a bit pathetic.

mommy in chaos -- I think we all probably understand what you're going through. I've been trying to explain to my dear, dear DP that my crabbiness and blueness lately is related to my frustration over TTC. He's finally starting to understand, but I think it's just totally different for them, and they forget. I think they mean well, though, and they try really hard. I think we just have to keep explaining.

AF is playing games with me. I was spotting and cramping last night. I even wore a tampon overnight because I was sure she was going to surprise me in the night. Now spot has disappeared and the cramps are very mild. But I temped for the first time all month this morning and it was definitely low, so I'm just waiting for her to show. I actually feel okay, for the moment, although we're having dinner with a pregnant friend. I'm going to get some red clover and red raspberry leaf and some evening primrose oil. I know what the EPO is for, but can anyone tell me what I'm supposed to do with the others and what they're supposed to do to me? I can't keep track of all this stuff. Plus I'm doing a day 3 blood test and a hysterosonogram after Thanksgiving. New plans help.

Have a great day everyone.
#385 of 786 Old 11-17-2006, 11:53 AM

MommyIC Oh, you poor thing, just and FYI...I think they are all stupid. Sometimes they are just so insensitive. Mine is anyway, but it's completely unintentional...he has not a clue.

Elk I hope your trip is nice, and that you come back with some great news!

Hezzy I hope that awful bitty stays far far away...and you get your BFP!

Lily how's the tww going for you today?

Sarah I feel a closeness to you, and I know it will happen again soon!

Ocean, Ity, Anon, dcTexan, Tara, Angel, Green, Funny, Christy, Moon, Pampered Thank you for the well wishes, and I hope you ladies all have a wonderful day....!!!

I took 2 more tests, both +++, so I'm going with the whole it's real thing...hehe

#386 of 786 Old 11-17-2006, 12:06 PM

To All Of You!!!

#387 of 786 Old 11-17-2006, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy_in_chaos View Post
Does anyone think it might be because I'm stressed about TTC. I'm riding it alone really because he doesn't like to talk about my firtle time. (it makes it hard for him to... huh hum) So he just tells me to innitiate sex and so I'm the one who's innitiating all the time. Well, that night, I tried to innitiate and was: REJECTED! I was devistated. He's never turned me down before. So downstairs I go, and I sit here at the puter thinking about telling you all about it, and he came down and I lost it! I just cried and cried for almost an hour while he held me helplessly and kept saying "I didn't realize you were serious or I would have stopped picking" OMG!!!! Are they really that stupid? So, yesterday I had one helluva headache. He worked from home while I moped around trying to stay quiet so he could work. It's aweful to say, but I'm glad he's gone back to work today. He was getting on my nerves! I couldn't turn on music, I couldn't run the vaccuum, I couldn't get on the computer because he was working on it. I couldn't do ANYTHING! It's hard to innitiate sex with someone who is irritating the skin off you! I think I need a nap!
Teresa - Just wanted to let you know that I COMPLETELY relate to you about the whole "going at it alone" thing. While DH has agreed to stop using B.C. and is fine with me getting pregnant, he isn't actually actively involved in TTC. He doesn't want to know when my fertile time is, we can't discuss possible symptoms during TWW, and it is up to me to initiate sex (DHs sex drive is low and yep, I've been rejected at crucial times). No dietary or lifestyle changes for him either. His thinking is "if it is meant to be, it will be". Argh. Anyway, I know none of what I said is particulary helpful, but I did want you to know that were are not alone here
#388 of 786 Old 11-17-2006, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dctexan View Post
Teresa - Just wanted to let you know that I COMPLETELY relate to you about the whole "going at it alone" thing. While DH has agreed to stop using B.C. and is fine with me getting pregnant, he isn't actually actively involved in TTC. He doesn't want to know when my fertile time is, we can't discuss possible symptoms during TWW, and it is up to me to initiate sex (DHs sex drive is low and yep, I've been rejected at crucial times). No dietary or lifestyle changes for him either. His thinking is "if it is meant to be, it will be". Argh. Anyway, I know none of what I said is particulary helpful, but I did want you to know that were are not alone here
EXACTLY how my situation is too by the way!
#389 of 786 Old 11-17-2006, 12:19 PM

Okay, this morning, I went to bed at 11 and woke at 2:30, three hourse of sleep so I took my temp, which corrected would lead to 99.06! Then I woke at 4:30, then at 6:30. Took temp at 6:30 and that temp was much lower, 98.54! So that is really weird. If I used the higher temp, it is super high on my chart. If I use the lower one, it fits right in to my normal chart. Now I really don't know which one to use.
#390 of 786 Old 11-17-2006, 12:25 PM

Lily - I'd use the temp from your normal waking time (but make a note of everything in case you need that info later).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page