TTC 6+ Months November Support Thread - Page 15 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#421 of 786 Old 11-17-2006, 09:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yes, makes me slightly nervous to try it next month....

BUT, I would enjoy twins as I do want two more kids, but worried probably just like you of the unknown.
#422 of 786 Old 11-17-2006, 09:48 PM

HopesMom! OMG! Twins!!!! yay!!! Congrats mommy!

Think of it as a "buy-one, Get-one-free" sort of deal. :

Lily - Oh not me! I've always thought twins would be so cool! Is it wrong that I would *love* to have twins, and that the thought doesn't scare me at all? Does it mean I need (mental) help?
#423 of 786 Old 11-17-2006, 09:55 PM

Truly, ItyBty, I have always wanted twins (fraternal) really! But I would worry of the unknown (how hard I have heard it might be, etc....) Seriously, I would LOVE to have twins!!! At first I was actually thinking it is kind of neat to take Clomid just for that fact, but I don't think my DH is as up for twins as I am.
#424 of 786 Old 11-17-2006, 10:38 PM

TWINS!

Wow Hopesmom - how exciting. Thanks for coming back and updating us. DH claims he wants only 1 kiddo so I'd love to have twins (I get freaked out that our kid will be sooo lonely). No Clomid for me (so far) and no history of twins on either side of the family, so I doubt it will happen. *sigh* Probably a good thing because obviously twins is DH's nightmare
#425 of 786 Old 11-17-2006, 10:50 PM

Wow! HopesMom!!! Congratulations! (even if it is a little scary)
#426 of 786 Old 11-17-2006, 10:54 PM

OH, Tricia I am truly happy for you...and I know it seems crazy now, but I know that things will calm down soon. I hope you have a beautiful pregnancy, and 2 beautiful babies. I was thinkin Boy for you this time, but now I don't know. OH, good luck, good luck, and YAY!!! It'll be great, I promise.

TWINS!!!

Emily when are you testing?
Lily you testing on Wed?
Ity are you going to test in a few days too?

maybe we'll get 3 more BFP's right now?!?!?

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#427 of 786 Old 11-17-2006, 10:57 PM - Thread Starter

HopesMom--Thanks for the update. Twins! Of course that is scarey. But I'm sure you'll adjust. And you've got at least one little helper, right? How nice that you could find out so early on. Two little people is pretty exciting!
#428 of 786 Old 11-18-2006, 01:51 AM

I don't know why I haven't been on this thread (or if I have and just forgot)

For those of you who don't know me...HI! I'm Jenn. 28 year old mom to Willow (born 7/21/03) and I've been TTC #2 since November 2004.

It took 6 years to get Willow...so...hopefully it won't take that long with #2.

Again, Hi everyone!

Jenn - Mom, Photographer, Barista 

#429 of 786 Old 11-18-2006, 10:03 AM

Willow Welcome to the 6 + months thread....I'm glad your here but hope it's not for long!

#430 of 786 Old 11-18-2006, 10:58 AM

Willow Welcome!
#431 of 786 Old 11-18-2006, 11:47 AM

My chart has flatlined which is really strange because every cycle before the m/c was all over the place. Maybe the m/c will have the opposite effect on my cycles and make them regular. I also feel like I'm gearing up to O already which is even stranger because before I didn't O before CD18. And to have to avoid this month, oh the irony.

#432 of 786 Old 11-18-2006, 12:04 PM

wow.. 6 years... well.. we all hope that youre stay is really short... lots of baby dust your way...

welcome!

Crys - mom to DS, C (6/04) expecting twins 2/23/13 joy.gif

#433 of 786 Old 11-18-2006, 01:04 PM

HOLY COW!!! TWINS!!! That's the most wonderful news I've heard in forever! It's totally awesome! Tricia, you're going to do great. Imagine the love you're going to feel with two instead of just one! Oh how wonderful!

Jenn~ Welcome to the 6+months board! Hope your stay is short and sweet. lots of to you!!!
#434 of 786 Old 11-18-2006, 03:11 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome, y'all. I hope all of our stays are short and we can pass the baton off to the next batch.

Much love.

ETA: Ok...so...I've been spotting (pink on the paper) for 10 days now...the last spotting cluster (no other word for it) was 6 days. I'm on CD71. Can y'all just tell AF to show up and stop teasing me?! Thanks!

#435 of 786 Old 11-18-2006, 03:16 PM

to willowsmom!
#436 of 786 Old 11-18-2006, 03:31 PM

ooooh time is moooving soooo slowwwww :yawning: :
#437 of 786 Old 11-18-2006, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower View Post
ooooh time is moooving soooo slowwwww :yawning: :
Your chart looks pretty.
Hope it's all on the up and up.

#438 of 786 Old 11-18-2006, 05:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congrats on the twins, Hopesmom! It might take some time to get used to the idea. There is a mama here on MDC who had triplets and home birthed them - isn't that awesome? I know she has posted about her birth and pictures of the babies on TAO but I don't remember her screen name.

lily - your chart looks good! I know what you mean about time going by sloooowly.

willowsmom - welcome to the thread! Hope you won't be hanging around for very long.

Good luck to everyone!

I'm on 7 DPO. Temp was exactly the same as yesterday. I was hoping it might rise a bit. Oh well wait and see!

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
#439 of 786 Old 11-18-2006, 08:45 PM

Does anybody know if the fact that my cycle temps keep dropping pre-o is a good thing? In May my pre-o temps were around 98.3, with a good bit of up and down. In July they came down some more, averageing 98.1. October's were down below 98 and so far this cycle, all three temps are low, right around 97.8. This is more normal right? Also, has anybody used the digital ovulation kits? They looked useful, as you don't have to interpret the lines - instead you get a smiley face when the test is positive for a LH surge. I'm thinking this may cut down on my confusion as to when exactly O is.

Congrats Tricia. Twins sounds wonderful. I'm sure you'll do fine with them.

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#440 of 786 Old 11-19-2006, 10:11 AM

Lily & Allison I have been chart stalking, and I still think your's look sooo good....I can't wait to hear from you! Do you guys mind if I don't leave? I don't want to leave, you are the ones that have been here to support me!

#441 of 786 Old 11-19-2006, 12:23 PM

Tenk - we haven't booted Hopesmom, we aren't about to boot you.
#442 of 786 Old 11-19-2006, 01:07 PM

Ity remind me how many dpo you are? Are you testing soon, we don't have a third yet???

#443 of 786 Old 11-19-2006, 02:21 PM

I'm just hanging out stalking charts and waiting waiting waiting.
#444 of 786 Old 11-19-2006, 02:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Tenk - you're welcome to hang out! We want to hear if you're going to have twins too!

I got pretty annoyed with my hubby yesterday for no real reason. Later, once I was in a better mood, I asked him if my PMS starts so early and he said yeah. So maybe that's telling me that this isn't the month either.

So 8 DPO and just waiting....

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
#445 of 786 Old 11-19-2006, 03:51 PM

Hi everyone !

Tricia, that is wonderful news about your twins.: Aside from the difficulty of a twin pregnancy I would love to have twins myself. As TTC goes on and on for me I get greedier and greedier about babies and think I want more and more. I am never using contraception again.

Tenk I am glad to hear how you are doing, and also please feel free to post your heart out on the TTC grads thread about everything, no holding back there http://mothering.com/discussions/sho...d.php?t=555222

It has been super busy this past week... we do an artisan holiday market every weekend fom now until Christmas and this being our first weekend this year there has been a lot of prep and set up. It does keep my mind off the ttc, but it's not exactly relaxing. And the people watching is great, but inevitably there are lots of strollers, pregnant ladies, and babies in slings going by. I watched a woman with two kids under 5 and a giant pregnant belly go by yesterday and had to bite my lip to keep the tears down as I thought how I was doing the same thing a year ago at last year's market. I thought for sure that by now we'd have ourselves a new little babe or one on the way. Some days I just want to scream and rip out my hair over the whole thing... it is so unfair.

I almost had a breakdown in the anelgesic aisle at the store yesterday... buying baby aspirin. I tossed it into the cart thinking, why the hell not, and it was so sad and depressing to be thinking that way. Almost a whatever-it-takes-apathy at this point. why wouldn't I take baby aspirin ? It seems so small after everything we've been through and will continue to go through. And it feels so pathetic and desperate to be in that place, where I'll take whatever. I practically have a pharmacy of supplements now, between the pre-o EPO, red clover, green tea, mucinex, and post-o flax seed oil, pro-gest cream, and the whole cycle prenatals and vitex. I looked at my handful of pills lat night and thought... how did it come to this ? And what worse things are ahead ? And will any of it ever, ever work ?

I am sorry to be a downer and not really any personals for my TTC sisters today.... I hope to be back later or tomorrow with one of my usual gigantically long posts.

Today is a either-I'm-going-to-laugh-or-I'm-going-to-cry day, IYKWIM.

PS are these ads on the left side new to MDC or have I just never seen them before ?
#446 of 786 Old 11-19-2006, 07:48 PM

Oceanmommy - : I know how you feel - I used to just take a vitamin and my allergy stuff, now its EPO, Mucinex, green tea.... : I wonder sometimes just how far will I go? And then I think, I'll just keep pushing forward until it feels all wrong, and then I'll stop and reevaulate.

Tenk - I dunno how many DPO I am - I never got (Fertility Friend) crosshairs this month. Based on an educated guess, I'd say I'm about 11DPO or so. I'm just waiting for AF though - I just don't have that "We did it" guy feeling, KWIM?
#447 of 786 Old 11-19-2006, 08:52 PM

oceanmommy.
A few days after O is when it starts to get rough, IMO. You've done what you can but you have no way of knowing or guessing and the wait seems to stretch out in front of you. I wish I could snap my finger and make twins happen for you. I'd love to worry about it along with you.
#448 of 786 Old 11-19-2006, 09:25 PM

I was wondering what all of you are doing to ttc... fertility drugs... temping... just kinda "doin it"...

I guess I fall under the "natural family planning" thing.. we arent doing anything to not get pg.. but we arent, aside from the "normal stuff", trying too hard to get pg

like I said.. I was just curious

Crys - mom to DS, C (6/04) expecting twins 2/23/13 joy.gif

#449 of 786 Old 11-19-2006, 10:38 PM

OceanMommy I'm so sorry that your feeling so : I wish there were easy words of comfort that could make you feel better, or a big I could give you. Why don't you take the soy? If you doing everything else anyway, it can't hurt, or order Clomid on line like I did? I think I was just at the point where, I couldn't wait for the damn doctor to decide I was help worthy or not or if it had been long enough or not. I took the bull by the balls hehe. I'm just suggesting that since your taking all the natural stuff, why don't you just do the soy? Take about 120mg CD1-5 or 2-6 or 3-7 and then the EPO or mucinex, and then the baby aspirin, after O, and monitor so you know when to BD. Maybe just try it like that one month? Sorry, I can feel your pain right now and I want you to be pregnant!!!

Allison It's hard not to get even madder (is that a word) at DH for saying that (at least for me) I commend you for that... but that is also not just a PMS sign...for me anyway.

Ity I read somewhere that not all OPK's work for everyone, and that some months even tho we're O'ing that the surge may not be enough to be detected...so maybe you did O ... just a thought, but don't count yourself out???

Angel I started Clomid this month...100mg CD 1-5 and I bought it off the internet. Mucinex for CM before O and baby aspirin after O to help with uterine lining.

I have also been really feeling like there is more than 1 in there, and Tricia saying when you O already and take clomid that you tend to get more than one. It's weird, b/c we (DH and I both) always say babies or they. I'm sorry for saying that, but I don't really have anyone else to talk to. I can't wait for the next BWFP!!!

To Everyone!!

#450 of 786 Old 11-19-2006, 10:50 PM

Tenk - Not OPK's, but FF and temping. I missed a day right around O-time, and I'm fairly certain I O'd that day. D'oh, it would figure huh?

What I'm dreading is AF showing up after Monday (Should start sometime this week) - I couldn't get my "3-day labs" bloodwork done last month because AF started on Friday late, and so that made Day 3 on Sunday. If she starts on Tues, that makes day 3 on Thursday (thanksgiving) so I cant get my blood drawn until Friday - IF the lab is open, and I don't think they are, and if I can't get my bloodwork done on DAY 3 (Dr says DAY 3, maybe 4, but pref. Day 3) then I have to delay things ANOTHER month - that puts off Clomid, IUI possible answers to why we haven't made a baby yet, and motherhood in general for yet another month. :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page