Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am sure I am just being tricked by the ProGest like Ocean was last month.:
#483 of 786 Old 11-21-2006, 02:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
: for you lily!

My temps are decidedly unimpressive. I don't think this month is it. I did take a Dollar Tree preg test. BFN of course. I knew that's how it was going to come up but I figure I'm going to be gone from Wednesday through Sunday so I won't be testing again unless AF is late (which I highly doubt will happen).

This morning, I was turned around talking to my two coworkers across the room - one of which is the pregnant one. I was telling a story and the preg coworker pulls up Babycenter or something with the side view diagram of where she's at in her pregnancy. I literally stopped midsentence. I keep reminding myself that she doesn't mean to be a complete b*tch.

I have the potluck/baby shower today. If it gets to be too much baby shower, I'm going to just walk out.

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
#484 of 786 Old 11-21-2006, 02:15 PM

I know it probably seems directed right at you, but many people who are pregnant feel they are the center of attention. I don't think they mean to, it is just everything they do revolves around their pregnancy, especially if it is their first. I know I was like that. I had a chart at work I filled out daily and stared at counting down the days. I would have never thought (at age 21) that anyone was feeling hurt over what I was doing. She shouldn't have interrupted your conversation though!
#485 of 786 Old 11-21-2006, 02:16 PM

*hugs* Allison.
I'm sorry about your coworker...so many people don't understand how insensitive they can be. Much love to ya.

As for us here...we're leaving town for the week. Please send me AF vibes...I'd do anything for my period right about now. CD74.

Jenn - Mom, Photographer, Barista 

#486 of 786 Old 11-21-2006, 02:17 PM

Lily~I just checked out your chart and MAN THAT LOOKS GOOD!!! I don't know why, but when I saw it, I said outlout (to no one because I'm here alone) "She's Pregnant!" If that temp stays up there, it will look tri-phasic!!!
for you!!! I can't wait to see how it ends!
#487 of 786 Old 11-21-2006, 02:18 PM

Okay, I'll admit it : I took an internet test this morning too. It was totally, completely, absolutely negative on the top, but on the very side it had a teensy, tiny pink dot where the line should be, so that drove me crazy. I tried wiping it, staring at it. So I just will try again tomorrow probably, before I leave for a two day trip.
#488 of 786 Old 11-21-2006, 02:36 PM

lily - I told her how long we'd been trying before she even got off BC. I told her it'd been 6 months. She just forgets how she used to feel looking at pregnant ladies and babies when she wanted to be preg/have a baby. She and I actually had a conversation about how much it sucks seeing preggos and babies when you want it so badly.

ribbonpb.gif
#489 of 786 Old 11-21-2006, 02:43 PM

Allison, well then that is totally rude and insensitive and she is lame!
#490 of 786 Old 11-21-2006, 08:02 PM

I couldn't stand seeing this thread go to the second page of threads, so I brought it back.

I'm having company for dinner. They're due here any time now. They have a 3 month old little boy, and he makes me so happy! I love to visit them because I love to see that little guy drool! I'm just killing time till the timer goes off and I have to go take dinner out of the oven.

I hope that I'm Oing today. I've had some cramps, and my cervix is really high, but still firm, so I guess it's possible. I think I'm going to pick up some Instead Softcups when I go to the pharmacy next week. Maybe with the mucinex and the cups, I might get somewhere soon!

Hope all are well, and having a great day!

Theresa
#491 of 786 Old 11-21-2006, 08:04 PM

Oh, and Lily (I just went back to catch up) It's going to be a line soon! I can feel it!!! No more dots! No more dots! No more dots!!! It'll happen!!!
#492 of 786 Old 11-21-2006, 08:07 PM

allisonrose I know how frustrating that must be, my co-workers are all fussing over someone in our office who just announced her pregnancy, she's due in June - same as I would have been. They all know about my m/c and it makes it even more awkward that they all stop talking about it every time I'm around.

lily I hope it's just too early for the test, your chart really is looking promising. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you. How are you feeling about it?

willowsmom sending AF vibes your way, I know the feeling (sort of), I can't wait for this cycle to be over with so I can get on with it!

I had another blood test for my hcg levels post m/c yesterday and they called to tell me they were back down to nil and I don't know, for some reason that hit me really hard today. Like some irrational thought in my head that it wasn't really over until they said that and now it's totally and completely over kwim? To top it off, the receptionist who called (on behalf of my dr) says AF should make an appearance in 4-6 weeks. 4-6 WEEKS?? is that true? That means we don't even get another shot at it until January some time, I was hoping it would be less than that especially since I feel like I'm going to O any day now, maybe I'm just kidding myself, I don't even know if that's even possible, do your hcg levels really have to be nil again before your body can even think about Oing?

Anyway I had a good cry over it all : nothing else I can do about it anyway. My temps are looking more or less normal for now - I actually ran up and down the stairs yesterday to get hot and take my temp to see if my thermometer is capable of registering something other than 97.0 (it is) - so whatever waiting waiting... I hate feeling like I have absolutely no control over any of this and that my body is not doing what I want it to when I want it to. SOOO frustrating.

to everyone else, hope you're all feeling better than I am today.
#493 of 786 Old 11-21-2006, 08:09 PM

mommy_in_chaos enjoy dinner with company, send them home early and GIO!
#494 of 786 Old 11-21-2006, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJen View Post
mommy_in_chaos enjoy dinner with company, send them home early and GIO!
Have fun! I hope your comment to yourself this morning sent good vibes my way! Thanks!

Yes, thanks you guys for being so optimistic. Just makes it kind of exciting! But I feel like this is yet another lesson for me on getting my hopes up and then getting let down. I just feel like every month there is something that makes me get excited and then it doesn't happen. I don't know why this month would be any different. I just think my temp is up from ProGest. I feel too superstitious to even talk about it too. I know myself and I know this temp thing is going to make me have a terrible sleep tonight fretting over if my temp will stay up tomorrow! But I am going to try and relax about it. I am just looking forward at this point to get busy with Clomid.

I am sorry SarahJen for the trauma your body has had to go through and hope you can relax during this time.

Allison, I still hope your temp rises and you get a BFP!
#495 of 786 Old 11-21-2006, 09:44 PM

Well I survived the potluck/baby shower. My husband works in the same building as me and loudly announced before the potluck that he ended to pick something up at the store and needed me to go with him (he had a plausible reason).

My coworker went right over to check out the presents when she went back to the room. I thought it was a classy move.

My hubby continued to mention that he needed to get something from the store so when my boss said something about not knowing how baby showers work and to just go for it, I asked him if he wanted to go right then. So we walked out without calling too much attention to ourselves, I think.

lily - I did, ahem, take a quick glance through FF chart gallery this morning. And while charts like mine aren't plentiful in the "Pregnant" section, there are some similar with temps sticking around the coverline. So maybe I should write myself off yet...

ribbonpb.gif
#496 of 786 Old 11-21-2006, 10:23 PM

Allisonrose, I did a lot of searching through FF's PG charts last month and I really did see all kinds, plenty that looked like you would expect and plenty that didn't look like a typical pregnancy chart. I have come to the conclusion that you really can't tell anything from just temps, they can look great and they can look awful and it could mean nothing either way. Not that I don't get happy when my temps do what I want
nice slip out of the party... I would have done the same.

Lilyflower despite everything I just said your chart sure is looking pretty :

Theresa Thanks for your kind words I hope you have a great dinner, enjoy the baby for us all !

SarahJen I can totally understand how the blood test results could trigger all the grief again. You have a lot to grieve for and it takes time. The only thing I can say is that you were pregnant once, you will be pregnant again. Soon I hope :
I am thinking that they told you 4-6 weeks to cover all types of cycles a woman might have... ovulatory, annoulatory, wacky. etc. They can tell everyone the same thing and it will cover most situations.

I happened by a gallery today and stepped in to look, it was all pictures of adopted kids smiling because they finally have a family. I picked up some literature on adoption even though my eyes tear up every time I think about it. Tears because if it comes to adoption it will be because we failed to get more bio kids (we have 1 dd who is 5) but also tears because adoption is such a beautiful thing when it happens right. It's something to think about for the future, even if we do have more bio kids. I am going to have to hide the pamphlets from DH because I don't think he is anywhere near ready to talk about it at this point. Probably another year for him at least.

I've got to wade through the dirty dishes in my kitchen and see if I can find the sink now... :
#497 of 786 Old 11-22-2006, 12:39 AM

to SarahJen - I can completely understand how the test results would make you want to cry all over again. It's definitely a reminder of the finality and totally normal and expected! Having never had a m/c I can only speculate, but I'm sure I would feel very similarly. : that you o sooner than they told you and catch that eggie!

: lily - I'm hoping it's not just the progesterone

ocean - about the sink and the dishes - boy can I completely understand!!

allisonrose - smooth move hubby!!

: mic - go spermies, go!

willowsmom - come one: that arrivesvery soon! Maybe the traveling part will nudge her forward!

cd12 here - dh has taken renewed interest in being charge of keeping things going! I told him it was his fault anyway! With ds he was very on top of that ball and was very much a motivating factor - which he hasn't been so much this time around. I feel like all I've done lately is dishes. I've been working on the items I'm bringing to my folks for Thanksgiving and when I cook that means there are LOTS of them. Dh can't wait until ds is old enough to help...
#498 of 786 Old 11-22-2006, 01:39 AM

Quote:
I had another blood test for my hcg levels post m/c yesterday and they called to tell me they were back down to nil and I don't know, for some reason that hit me really hard today...Anyway I had a good cry over it all : nothing else I can do about it anyway.
SarahJen . Your reaction is completely understandable and normal. I'm pretty much crying just reading about it, I can only imagine how real and awful it felt hearing the news and having everything be so final.

Quote:
My temps are looking more or less normal for now - I actually ran up and down the stairs yesterday to get hot and take my temp to see if my thermometer is capable of registering something other than 97.0 (it is) - so whatever...
Since it looks like our self-designated thread cheerleader could use some cheerleading (do you even remember saying that you'd be the cheerleader?), I wanted to let you know that this part of your post cracked me up and made me think that you are getting back to TTC normality (which is truly its own kind of crazy). My fingers are crossed that you O sooner than 4-6 weeks :
#499 of 786 Old 11-22-2006, 02:04 AM

I said I was at peace, but I lied. Ok, so I've been rather peaceful for a few days, but the obsessing began again around 6-ish tonight. Still no sign of AF. Tomorrow is CD33, which is the longest cycle I've had in some time, 33 days. No sign at ALL of Af either. No backache, no sore boobs. Yeah, my face broke out. thats it thus far. I'm sick though, and I think it's interfereing with my temps, which have been low. But, if I'm all stuffed up, that means I'm mouth-breathing, so temps will be low, right? Everytime I've pee'd today I've inspected the TP looking for pink. (nothing thus far, althought by typing it out, have I jinxed myself?)
Tomorrow am, barring any visits from AF, I plan to POAS.
I lied, I'm weak, I just POAS.

Edit: A DUD???!??!? Are you KIDDING ME? No lines. Just the control. The actual test spot have NOTHING. Augh. Or was it a neg? I have no clue. I dunno if I was looking for a cross, or an X or just a line. But there was a big fat nothing. Augh!
#500 of 786 Old 11-22-2006, 02:08 AM

BTW Willowsmom I missed you in my earlier post.. sorry ! here's some AF vibes for you ~~~~~ I don't say that too often

You are still BFing right ? Is that why you are having such a long cycle ?

.... on my way back for round 2 of dishes now love this smilie, she looks so happy
#501 of 786 Old 11-22-2006, 02:10 AM

Oceanmommy - be happy its just dishes, my entire house is literally in a shambles. I haven't cleaned a danged thing (DH did some laundry, and helped with a load of dished the other day, but other than that...) in 2 weeks. :
#502 of 786 Old 11-22-2006, 08:41 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I'm back. Several ultrasounds and non-doubleing hCG have confirmed that I have a blighted ovum. I have to be at the hospital for a D&C at 10:30 am today. Funnygrace, could you move my name back to the main list? It is hard seeing it in the "graduates" when I now know there is no baby.

Stephanie MC 11/22/06 Jackson born 02/05/10 MC 07/14/14
#503 of 786 Old 11-22-2006, 09:35 AM

Stephanie - I'm so sorry.

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#504 of 786 Old 11-22-2006, 10:12 AM

Stephanie I'm so very very sorry, you are in my thoughts.
#505 of 786 Old 11-22-2006, 10:21 AM

Stephanie - , I'm very sorry for your loss.
#506 of 786 Old 11-22-2006, 10:45 AM

Punquin - I am so sorry. I am praying for you.

Ocean - I feel like I've been up to my neck in dirty dishes lately too. It's all that holiday cooking. I swear housework never ends. I vacuum every other day because of my long haired dog. I scrub my shower each time I'm in it because of the mildew issue here in FL. I cook and eat and clean three times a day. It gets exhausting. I do really enjoy that washing dishes smilie though!

Me - : We're sick. DS caught the cold I've had since Saturday. I'm feeling about 70% better but he is bad off. We live in FL but it is so cold here. Last night on the news they said flurries in some places. I mean seriously...SNOW in FLORIDA!!! I hate cold weather and that's why we moved here.

Ok, I'm going to stop complaining. I'll be thinking of you ladies today (especially Punquin).

Tara

Tara - Mother to Curtis 12/04 and Clark 11/07
#507 of 786 Old 11-22-2006, 11:40 AM

Punquin - I'm so sorry...

Tara - Send that snow up here to CT! I *love* the white stuff! Heck, it's been plenty cold enough for snow here lately, just no actual snow.

Well - if I O'd when I think I might have, that makes me 13DPO today, and no temp dip, nor any sign of AF, yet still no BFP. But I'll wait until Sat, and try again. I'll still be bummed if AF shows up, but I don't think it'll be as bad as it normally is for me, because it does mean I can get some stuff done, Clomid and IUI and such.

Today is gonna be a busy one for me - I volunteered to make cheesecake, pie, cookies and brownes for tomorrow - so I have a TON of cooking (and the associated dishes) to do. :
#508 of 786 Old 11-22-2006, 12:26 PM

Stephanie~ Please keep us updated. I'm praying for you.

Sarah~ I didn't kick them out early, but we did GIO after they left. Not that it did any good, my temp is still doing the boppy thing 97.7-97.2-97.7-97.2-97.7-97.4... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr My cervix is also still high and firm. I think I'm stressing about the 600 mile trip we're taking this weekend and then the 600 miles back home! I just want to make sure we have everything ready when we leave. And I don't want ot have to come home to a mess.

Oceanmommy~ I know what you mean about DH not being ready to talk adoption. I brought it up once and he was like "Don't you think we should at least try for a couple years before we look at that. Lets not jump the gun" and that was the end of that. But I've done research on adopting snowflake embrios. This is the site that I found.
http://www.nightlight.org/snowflakeadoption.htm
It's got a ton of info on it. I don't know how you feel about it, but it costs about the same as adopting an already birthed child. And you get to have the pregnancy to go with it.

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and doesn't over do it on the Turykey bird!!! We're going to be gone so I don't think I'll be able to check in. So... See you all next week!!!
#509 of 786 Old 11-22-2006, 12:28 PM

Oh, and Tara... We moved to NC to escape the snow in PA. It's been freezing here for the last 2 days, and the rain makes it colder!!! I could have had this weather in PA! Makes our move seem pointless!
#510 of 786 Old 11-22-2006, 01:22 PM

mommy in chaos - we learned that pretty quick too. It may be NC but that doesn't make it warm. FYI though, be careful driving. People in NC tend to forget (or never learn, depending on whether they've always lived here or not) that wet roads can become icy and once it stops raining they'll be right back to 100 mph on a regular basis. It's kinda scary.

Anybody know how long it takes metformin to start working??

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page