TTC 6+ Months November Support Thread - Page 19 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#541 of 786 Old 11-24-2006, 12:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oceanmommy--we were "all alone" for Thanksgiving too and it was very lonely and sad for me. I hope yours was happy.

Ity-I keep thinking maybe you Oed later (based on temps) too. And if so, you may just be too early. You had a little dip a few days ago and if that was implantation... well, it would be too early. I'm thinking good thoughts for you.

Stephanie- so many s for you.
#542 of 786 Old 11-24-2006, 06:10 PM

So I'm totally obsessing today. I keep checking for pink cm or spotting, and still nothing, and I'm on CD35! : DH thinks I"m crazy, but I can't help it - I mean, CD35? 35? my longest cycle prior to this one was 33, so I'm definately "late", and even my longest luteal phase prior to this month was 13 days, and I'm on 12DPO today - so yeah, AF could arrive tomorrow or Sunday.... I just wish I could know if it as time to just accept AF and "Cash in" the Clomid prescription I have sitting in my purse, or if I dare allow myself to think that maybe I'm finally pregnant. I'm so scared to think that though... I really am. Because if I let myself think that I might be, and I wind up not, then I think I'l just be that much more upset when/if AF does arrive. :
#543 of 786 Old 11-24-2006, 06:38 PM

Ity I'm really hoping this is it for you. :
#544 of 786 Old 11-24-2006, 07:19 PM

Ity--did you move your O date? :
#545 of 786 Old 11-24-2006, 08:38 PM

Yah I moved it. Ive learned that a blue crosshairs means it was set by user override. Hopesmom, you weren't the only one to speculate that I O'd later.

I posted in the boyond the TWW thread too, but I'll copy it to here...

"Hey - me too! Odate was a bit vague this month, but I'm on CD35, and I'm normally a 31day cycle kind of girl. Got a BFN on wednesday, and I only have 1 poas left, so I'm saving it for sunday. I'm totally obsessing, vaguely naseaous, but that could be the 47 cookies I ate today. (I didn't count, probably closer to 10-12 cookies, but they were here, and I had the munchies annnnd... well... ) my boobs are a wee bit tender, but that could be pms, I'm tired, but that could be anything... and after 16 months of trying, I'm not going to let hope bubble up just to be smashed to bits by AF. So I'm trying not to think about it, and failing miserably at that. "

I really don't know *what* to think.
#546 of 786 Old 11-24-2006, 09:16 PM

Hi, ladies!

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving? We went to my parents house for a few days but Kevin has to go back to work on Saturday (tomo) so we're home tonight. I wish we could have stayed the whole weekend. I got to eat tons of Gluten Free food...since Hailey (dd 5) and I both have Celiac Disease my dad trys to make EVERYthing Gluten free....I was so happy. It's nice to live near family since we haven't lived near them in like 8 years.

Ity I'm really pullin' for ya?!?!?!

I also hope that everyone is feeling well today and not too stuffed. Oh, my first Beta at 15 dpo was 240. Ok, have a great night!

Hugs to everyone that needs one!!!

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#547 of 786 Old 11-24-2006, 09:45 PM

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I just wanted to pop in to show you my chart, which has dropped. I spotted on Wednesday so I freaked out and stopped Progest, planned to race home from a trip by Friday (today) so I could hurry up and pick up the prescription for Clomid that was waiting for me before they closed so I could take it on Sunday, and then nothing. No more spotting. None today. So now I wait. Also, my temp is dropping anyway so it should be here. I was actually excited I thought it was arriving early so I could just get on with it. But here is my waiting game for me again. Anyway, Ity, I hope this month surprises you!! Allisonrose, I am waiting to see what happens too for you! Everyone, I thought about you all during Thanksgiving! I have the Clomid in my possession. Getting slightly nervous about it though! The pharmacist said here sister taking it is very MOODY. My husband is prepared for the worst. But I have been pretty moody as it is!!!

Punquin, sorry for everything you are dealing with right now.

Ocean, can stopping Progest make my temp drop like this? Or am I just being silly? I definitely don't want to rub some on now though. I am going to test tomorrow - Ity and Allison, are ya with me?: : (but I plan to get AF later after posting this)
#548 of 786 Old 11-24-2006, 09:46 PM

Oh yeah, and anyone see anything wrong with compromising and taking Clomid days 4-8???? I think that is my plan.

Tenk your beta looks good!
#549 of 786 Old 11-25-2006, 04:28 AM

ItyBty my guess would be that you O'd on cd22, putting you 13dpo. Maybe wait a couple more days and then test ? : I hope this is it !

Pampered Mom, Funnygrace, Theresa, SarahJen, Stephanie, Allisonrose, how are you doing ?

Christy I hope the met stays good (and works) for you. Were you tested for insulin resistance ? How did you know to test if you did ?

Angel1895 Are you just starting to ttc or did you use the birth control to regulate something ? Just curious.

Tricia our Thanksgiving was actually pretty good... I made a turkey (have been vegetarian and haven't made one in 5 yrs) and it was a huge deal for us. The tastes and smells took me back to my grandmother's kitchen. I did get nostalgic for the family visiting that Thanksgiving always held for me growing up, and told dd about what it was like when I was a kid.
How are you doing ? twins, ... I am still in disbelief almost.

Tenk when do you find out if its twins for you too ? How are you feeling ?

Lilyflower
I really don't know how much progest affects your temperature... my chart this month doesn't look impressive, last month seems to be a fluke. This is the third cycle with progest and the first one didn't seem like it affected temps much for me :
: Good luck to you testing !!!

I am giving myself a semi-break for this cycle and maybe next one too. Meaning, I do things like have coffee or take a pain reliever if I need it once in awhile. I get so tired and burnt denying myself all those little things and that is what I need a break from. I would have a very hard time not tracking my cycle and trying to time it right but I am trying to let go of the rest for this cycle. I am not feeling like this is the one.
Plus DH and I are very busy with our business this time of year. Lots of times these days I am reading but no time to post... as you can see what happens when I do (long).

Good Luck to those about to know !
#550 of 786 Old 11-25-2006, 10:07 AM

Happy Saturday everyone, I hope someone is going to poas today and bring in a BFP!

Ocean I hope your mini break brings you some peace. I know what you mean about denying yourself the small things like coffee etc, I don't do it myself. I'm doing ok, thanks for asking, my mom is visiting for the weekend so I've had that to take my mind off things and a few laughs with her has cheered me up.

lily good luck testing : if it's not this month then at least you have something new to try for next month.

allisonrose how are you doing? I'm hoping that af stays away from you this weekend.

Theresa so was it the back seat of the dodge? I'm sure I'm not the only one dying to know!

Tenk and Hopesmom I hope you had a great holiday

Ok I'm going to share something a bit personal with you ladies today about my DH and how sweet he can be. One of the hardest things I found about my m/c that was not like any other loss is that I had nothing to hang on to to remember my little bean. I've lost family and loved ones before and with that you have memories of the person and maybe a little something that belonged to them to keep close to you but this is different, all you have is what you planned in your head and your heart. I told this to my DH at some point in the last couple of weeks and yesterday he gave me the most beautiful pearl ring. Pearl is the birthstone for June, the month I was due. It's such a pretty design, the pearl is wrapped in the band and held in across the top (kind of hard to describe) but he said it was like it was "keeping it safe". So now I have something to keep and to remember, it's hard to describe how it makes me feel sort of at peace with that. And also reminds me how lucky I am to have DH .

Anyway, besides that my temps have gone a bit erratic which is also nice because I don't have to see the dreaded 97.0 every morning and it looks more like my other charts, maybe there was still some hormone left over that was making it so stable but stable is just not me! I'm so hoping to O soon so we can get this show on the road.

have a great weekend
#551 of 786 Old 11-25-2006, 11:10 AM

Ity - your chart looks better now that you've moved your o date. Of course, that makes you have to wait longer, but at least you won't be going nuts at say 17dpo (like you would've been before!).

Lily - Glad you've got your clomid. Hopefully (if this isn't it) that helps.

Ocean - My doctor didn't do any crazy testing and from what I've heard there are specific tests she could have done to verify it. I trust her though and since I'm going back in a month anyway we'll see how this month goes. What she did do was do a set of bloodwork checking hormone levels, glucose levels and thyroid levels. What she got back was a normal-high thyroid level that she'll recheck in 6 months, totally normal hormone levels (go figure) and a slightly funny looking glucose level. I think that it was considered low for the time of day and such. THen she sat down with me and asked me eight million questions (do you get headaches, and when do you ever get tired for no reason, on and on and on). What she came up with was that my blood sugar levels are not stable and since my family has a history of developing diabetes (my grandmother and greatgrandmother on my mom's side both had it - so far none of her daughters, but time will tell) her dx was insulin resistance, which is a precursor to type 2 diabetes and a marker for PCOS. Her thoughts are that I MAY have very mild PCOS (i.e. my only symptom is irregular cycles) but she feels confident that my insulin levels are not correct. So, met it is, which seems to be doing something. My level of food consumption has dropped considerably and I'm not getting these exhaustion moments in the middle of the day. I think that means that my glucose levels are stabilizing. Whether that fixes the ovulation problem, we'll see.

Hope everybody else had a good holiday and have a wonderful weekend - I may go to Lowe's so that I can get decorations for our house (yay, first time ever I get to decorate a house!).

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#552 of 786 Old 11-25-2006, 11:31 AM

Sarah That is so sweet, what a great hubby you have! I almost cried listening to it. Wow, good for you!

Christy glad to hear your plan is working!

Ocean I'm sure you'll enjoy the break even if it's only from SOME of the tribulations of TTC'ing...I'm sure it'll make you feel better in the long run. Your chart looks good too! Maybe the slight break is working well?

Ity & Lily I'm so excited for you and can't wait to hear what you find out?

Lily I think my beta looks good to...it's in the normal range for sure, but it's much higher than the "average" for 15 dpo. It was high with my last one too so they checked it 3 x in 6 days, and scheduled me for an ultrasound thinking that there might have been 2 in there. BUT they ended up telling us that she had a 1/24 chance of Down's Syndrome and we went in for a level 2 U/S, and they wanted to do an Amnio but I refused, and just decided that we'd have a Down's baby, if I risked the amino or not. In the end, well you all know what happened to her, but she did not have downs and the test was wrong. This time we WILL have the Amnio if the AFP test is high like the last time. Ok, enough ramblin' we are still hoping for twins tho.

Everyone else I do hope that you are all feeling well, and had a nice holiday?

#553 of 786 Old 11-25-2006, 11:56 AM

I got my answer today... a temp drop and some spotting. So it looks like next bloodwork on Monday, and pending that, I start Clomid. So the bad news is, this isn't my month, but the good news is, maybe I'll get twins for Christmas.

sarahjen - your hubby sounds like a wonderful man. I'm so happy for you that he is so thoughtful and caring. (and the ring sounds gorgeous!)

oceanmommy - Mmmmmm turkey! Doesn't it smell fantastic? I'm glad you had a happy thanksgiving. (And I see nothing wrong with taking a semi-break, I did the same about 3 months ago - and I don't regret it at all...)
#554 of 786 Old 11-25-2006, 12:08 PM

Ity I'm sorry that AF is showing, but in a way I'm not b/c now you can get excited about the Clomid....what made you decided on days 4-8? You will produce more follies the earlier you take it, and there's less of a chance of it affecting your uterine lining when you take it earlier too. Just wondering, please don't think I'm trying to change your mind, only curious. Good Luck with the Clomid, and I can't wait for your BFP !!!

#555 of 786 Old 11-25-2006, 01:05 PM

Ity- Sorry about the temp drop. You know, in all the literature I've read on clomid dosage etc...I've NEVER seen anyone who was taking it CDs 4-8. Honestly, I'd go with either CDs1-5 or CDs 3-7. But you do what feels right for you.
#556 of 786 Old 11-25-2006, 01:18 PM

I'm hearing that earlier is better, but I want to take this info (1-5 vs 4-8 vs 3-7, etc) to my OB ad see what she thinks. But I still need my day3 labs, so Clomid is pending that. OB says that depending on the results of bloodowkr, Clomid may not be what I need.

I'm thinking this month though, clomid only, and Jan, Feb, Clomid + IUI. I plan to not go in for a post coital test, although it has been brought up like 47 times, because my understanding is that it just tests the ability of DH's swimmers to swim in my .. erm... "river" - and as one who doesn't make EGCM, there shall be no river, and thats why we use Preseed, and I'm not willing to "waste" a cycle without preseed, just to have the OB confirm that there is indeed, no EGCM.

Feb will make is 18 months since we started trying. If then the Clomid doesn't work, nor does the Preseed or IUI, I'm going to start pushing DH to adopt. Maybe I should keep trying, but I just can't see "wasting" another 2 years with no kids and 2 empty bedrooms and a big station wagon backseat all sad and lonely without their kidlets.
#557 of 786 Old 11-25-2006, 01:57 PM

My dears, I think I am the one who said I was taking Clomid 4-8. Only because my doctor prescribed days 5-9 and I want to take it earlier like hopesmom and tenk did, but afraid to go too much earlier than prescribed. 4-8 is only one day less than 5-9 and only one day more than 3-7 right? Hopesmom, haven't you seen days 5-9 anywhere?
#558 of 786 Old 11-25-2006, 02:01 PM

lily I don't have an answer to the clomid question but I'm still stalking your chart and seeing your temps went up again... any more spotting? Are you going to test again?
#559 of 786 Old 11-25-2006, 02:21 PM

I had 2 beers last night. I think that is the only reason for the temp rise. I am so sure I am not pregnant I had beer and fun with DH last night. So I am sure that is the only reason for the higher temp this morning. Still BFN.

The beer party was my last hurrah before Clomid.
#560 of 786 Old 11-25-2006, 02:47 PM

Hey ladies! I'm all behind again on personals and all. It seems like we're all so much more chatty than we were before! It's a good thing, btw.

We had a very good Thanksgiving. As a family we've been making some fairly intensive and widespread dietary changes so it was a lesson in making things from scratch. I've been holdling "mini-cooking lessons" for my folks too which is fun!

I hate temping when we're visiting my folks b/c dh, ds and I are all in the same room and I don't want to wake everyone up with the quite loud beeping that my therm does! So...of course now I'm missing three temps. I can tell we're working towards o, though, so it's a good thing we're headed back home tonight!

Anyways...just a couple of personals:

to Ity - I can still hold out hope that she won't arrive, but I'm glad to hear that you have a plan if she does.

SarahJen - Your dh has given you one of the most thoughtful gifts! A chours of "awwwwws" are certainly in order for such a gesture. What a wonderful way to commemorate a life that while maybe not as real to everyone else was so very real and cherished by the both of you.

ocean - You Thanksgiving sounds like a very memorable occassion!
#561 of 786 Old 11-25-2006, 02:53 PM

ItyBty, I will be starting the Clomid with you. Let me know when you find out what days you will take it. We can fret over our symptoms together.

Sarah, your husband is a sweet and loving man! and no I haven't spotted again.

Allison, where are you??? I need an update on your chart!

Ocean, looks good so far!!! I was hoping you would be joining the Clomid party next cycle, but a break is probably a good thing!
#562 of 786 Old 11-25-2006, 02:58 PM

Lily I'm sorry for the confusion about the clomid (with me of course) I totally forgot who said it and thought it was Ity. Either way, I wish you both the best of luck on it, we do know that it works! Your chart looks very pretty tho.

#563 of 786 Old 11-25-2006, 03:19 PM

Lily - I'm happy to have you join me in CLomid and moodswings next month, but lookin at your chart, I'm thinking you might be joining Hopesmom and Tenk. That is one pretty chart you've got there!
#564 of 786 Old 11-25-2006, 03:58 PM

Lilyflower I would love to join the clomid party next month but December is such a busy month for us, if I get the crankies my head might explode (DH's too... he has little patience for crankies). So I am thinking January sounds good for experimenting with hormones and when I last spoke to my dr we agreed it sounded good to wait 3 cycles post hsg and try something else in Jan. I hope he will prescribe over the phone and I won't have to see him, I don't think my insurance will cover even the office visit unless I lie and make up some other reason to see him. Did anyone need monitoring with clomid ? It seems like you could get by without monitoring at the lower, normal dosages.
Lily your chart is looking mighty fine BTW !

ItyBty Sorry to hear about spot and temp drop, but I am excited to hear how the next week goes for you with bloodwork, etc. :

SarahJen you sure have one keeper of a DH there. The story of the pearl made me cry, it is so beautiful. What a sweetie to understand what that means.

Pampered Mom GL catching that elusive egg ! :

Christy thank you for telling me more about your dx and the met. There is some diabetes in my family and sometimes it makes me wonder.... but my cycles are pretty regular at this point (I am so thankful for that !). I am looking forward to hearing about the great results you will get from your treatment !

Off to another very busy day ! At least we still have leftovers so I don't have to cook much.
#565 of 786 Old 11-25-2006, 04:53 PM

Interesting, just for curiosity I changed to research method and they put me at 12 DPO today and ovulation day 23. Kind of weird. I am keeping it there for a while to examine. Makes me feel bad for drinking those two beers. I had a terrible time with my stomach last night after BD with DH, had really bad stomach cramps and felt about to throw up, got all clammy and sweaty. I got really nervous about it. But there is no spotting today at all. I think it was the tostadas and ice cream combo I ate earlier in the evening.

Anyone have any input on whether two beers would affect temp too much?
#566 of 786 Old 11-25-2006, 07:53 PM

** I put a poll on my chart **:

Okay if my temp goes up tomorrow, should I start Progest again?
#567 of 786 Old 11-25-2006, 10:38 PM

oceanmommy- I was put on bcp cause I had a period for two months (pain in my butt).. so ob put me on it to stop the bleeding... two pills a day till I stopped.. and now I gotta finish out the pack... so by tuesday I'll be all done... hopefully (and almost def.) af will come by wednesday.. and then I'll be back on "schedule"

weve actually been trying on and off for two years.. but "exclusively" trying since feb. (I wanted to be pregnant by ds' 3rd bday... thats in june.. and I dont think its gonna happen, just dont want my kids too far apart)

Crys - mom to DS, C (6/04) expecting twins 2/23/13 joy.gif

#568 of 786 Old 11-26-2006, 12:07 AM

lily I had 2 glasses of wine last night and my temps were the lowest they've been all month. I'm not sure if the same would be true of beer but there you go.
#569 of 786 Old 11-26-2006, 12:24 AM

Ok, so once again I'm nto sure what to think. I thought for sure AF was here, but I have no cramps or backache, and no actual flow. In fact, not really even spotting, just the palest of pinkish CM. Normally with AF I get wicked bac cramps and a killer backache for the first day - it's normally so bad for a few hours that nothing really helps except for time and heat. This month? Nothing. Very strange...
#570 of 786 Old 11-26-2006, 12:33 AM

Ity Well then, let's cross our fingers for some sticky baby dust for you then....: for you!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page