TTC 6+ Months November Support Thread - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 786 Old 11-13-2006, 11:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good morning everyone....thanks for all the well wishes on here the last few days. I am currently 8dpo, and still feeling really really weird inside. Like it's not hurting the way it normally does in there (before AF) but Hopesmom did say that Clomid did that kind of thing....so I'm not betting the family jewels on it just yet....hehe. Oh, and I'm sure that I either have tonsillitis again or strep....my throat is so swollen again even tho I just took all those antibiotics 1.5 weeks ago....I just don't understand why I feel so terrible again after just getting of the damn meds....???? :

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#242 of 786 Old 11-13-2006, 12:40 PM

Don't have time for anything big, but.... I ovulated yesterday!!!! Yea, woo!
I am very relieved about that.

Now I am planning on working hard this week so I will be in and out. Good luck to everyone!

I took Primrose Day 1-ovulation 1500 mg per day and then at around ovulation I upped the dose. It seemed to work well. I also took Mucinex 600 mg twice a day for about what I thought was five days before O and day of O.
#243 of 786 Old 11-13-2006, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter

I got another BFN this morning. So I'm just waiting for my period now. It gets delayed because of the Prometrium--I have to wait it to clear my body. Last cycle I O'd on the 12th instead of the 14th and I wonder if I was just starting the egg releasing process early, before my period started. I am supposed to get another 3-day blood test. Maybe I should stay off of Prometrium this cycle and then take the 3-day test next cycle?

I'm seriously considering taking the next 2 cycles off. But what will this mean? I think it would be really difficult to avoid... and in the back of my head, I would be thinking that "taking a break" could be the magic we've been looking for. So, that will just make me crazy. I guess I could commit to not temping, not taking Prometrium, not doing OPKs, what else? Oh, maybe I will try not to worry about drinking in the 2ww and also not worry about doing abdominal exercise in the 2ww. I think I'll still want to have sex around O, but maybe without knowing exactly when I O the pressure for "cramming" will be off. Oh, and I was also thinking that dp and I could go for a hot tub. How long do you think the negative effects of a hot tub would last?

Oceanmommy--I bought epo a few cycles ago but I haven't used it yet. I read somewhere that it wasn't good for people with low progesterone, but I can't recall where and I think it might be okay. I might try it... in January.

Seems to be a lot of you ovulating right now! Good luck! :
#244 of 786 Old 11-13-2006, 01:30 PM

funnygrace - Your temps still look alright to me. I totally agree with you on the idea of taking a cycle off. I think the same things, and just haven't been able to bring myself to take time off just yet. I'm to afraid we'll miss some magic window and I'm also just not wanting to wait any longer than I have to to have a baby. Maybe if you half too time off? Like, keep charting so you know when O will be, but skip all the other stuff?

oceanmommy - I bought a bottle of 1000mg evening primrose oil capsules at Target. The bottle says the reccomended dosage is 3 capsules a day, but I started with 1 every night after AF stopped, and around CD10 bumped it to one at night and one in the morning, and around )-time too a third midday pill for a few days too. I noticed a big increase in CM fromt aking the EP oil. Not eggwhite, but definately more moisture in general, so I'm happy with it. Next cycle I plan to add Flax Seed Oil into the mix for even more CM. (especially because I'll likely be on Clomid then) What does Red Clover do? I'm curious, thanks!

Tenk - That stinks, I hate feeling sick. if it was me, I'd go see a Dr, because strep and tonsilitis both suck, and I'd want meds to fix it. I know this time of year when I get stuffed up I tend to sleep with my mouth open, and it makes my throat hurt - could that be the issue?

I definately need a chart stalker - I'm fairly certain I O-d on CD19, so should I override and put in my crosshairs manually? I had some issues with temps for 2 days, Wednesday I overslept and took my temp nearly 2 hours later than normal, and the next day was the day my DH was home and I woke up with water running and thought the cat had started a load of laundry or something. In all the "excitement" of that, I totally forgot to temp. : What do you guys think?
#245 of 786 Old 11-13-2006, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter

Itybty--Your chart is difficult to read. I guess I'd trust your intuition and manually put your crosshairs at CD19. But I don't think it is really obvious. In any event, you are probably past O now, so maybe you could just wait a few extra days to take an htp just in case you ovuated after CD 19. Sometimes a chart is just that... just a chart. Shhh.. I've cheated on my chart before just because I get so obsessive.

And my temps are only high because I still have the Prometrium in my cycle. No sense in stalking my chart... really!
#246 of 786 Old 11-13-2006, 02:26 PM

ItyBity ~ What day does FF say you O'd?
#247 of 786 Old 11-13-2006, 03:14 PM

Moon - FF doesn't give me crosshairs for this month. I put em in manually based on CM, CP and a hunch given previous O-dates. I missed a temp, and I think that was the day I O'd.
#248 of 786 Old 11-13-2006, 03:29 PM

ItyBty I'm so confused! I thought crosshair coverline is supposed to be higher than previous temps?
#249 of 786 Old 11-13-2006, 03:30 PM

Ity I think it's great that you took matters into your own hands and that you are now 5 dpo....I also think that the dip at 3 dpo looks very promising...So I called the Dr. they said that if it came back then it's probably viral and there's nothing they can do about the Golf Ball in my throat. So I'm stuck feeling like ship(t).
Funny I'm sorry that you don't feel that this cycle is it, if I were there I'd hug you, and we'd have a Frapachino at starbucks.
Ocean if the EPO is not what you wanted then try the Mucinex, you can take upto 4 600mg pills of them a day...I didn't have much EWCM but I had enough watery CM for everyone this cycle.
Lily that's a great temp spike!
and to everyone today!!!

#250 of 786 Old 11-13-2006, 04:15 PM

Can I join in? I am starting cycle try #6 today and I don't feel right in the newbies thread. I just read a page and a half of posts here and feel like I am understanding what some of you are talking about a little better here.

I was so sure this time and it didn't happen. All the other 5 times I knew it didn't happen but this was the one time I felt good about it and then AF snuck up on me with no PMS symptoms or anything. I am so dissapointed and depressed and also very jealous of the million people it seems I know now who are preg and got so very quickly.

My story is that I got preg on the second try with DS and am now realizing how lucky I was. We waited and got ourselves very healthy and ready before trying this time and now here were are 6 months later still trying. I figured I'd be at least a few months preg by now but instead I'm wearing a giant maxi pad. I am mad that pople who aren't trying and aren't healthy seem to get preg so easily when I am taking very good care and trying hard and it's not happening. It's so unfair. I am worried now that something is wrong but don't know what to do since I'm figuring my MW or OBGYN won't look at me yet. I'm also wondering if I would really even want to try anything they would suggested. They probably couldn't suggest anything natural that I haven't tried yet, KWIM? I feel lost and confused and I'm so sad because I really want to grow my family and I'm now scared that I might not ever be able to.

Thanks for listening to me blubber. I'm an emotinal mess today. Maybe I can get it together at some point this week and be a supportive addition to this thread.

Tara

Tara - Mother to Curtis 12/04 and Clark 11/07
#251 of 786 Old 11-13-2006, 04:23 PM

Tara welcome, these ladies are so wonderful, and supportive! I hope your stay is short and sweet.

#252 of 786 Old 11-13-2006, 04:27 PM

Tara, Your son is the most beautiful little thing!!! OMG! Hopefully it is just a matter of a bit more time you need. I am sorry you feel so low today.
#253 of 786 Old 11-13-2006, 04:42 PM

ItyBity ~ Gotta love FF, huh? I was atually thinking that CD22 might look like O too? But you would know better than I would.
#254 of 786 Old 11-13-2006, 04:42 PM

Tara -- I just joined in this thread after last cycle. Mostly I've been reading and not posting very much. I saw your post in The One Thread this morning, and was so disappointed for you. I hope neither of us stays in this thread very long!!! Here's hoping we graduate to a DDC together...
#255 of 786 Old 11-13-2006, 04:48 PM

Itybty, me too. Possibly CD22 or 23 is what I was guessing. Maybe in a couple days change the method to different ways and see what they choose for you. Then decide. If you ovulated later, we will be cycle buddies once again.
#256 of 786 Old 11-13-2006, 05:06 PM

I'm ready to quit TTC. This whole thing is starting to p*ss me off. Every time I turn around, someone I know says "I'm pregnant!... No we weren't trying!" And it's making me angry. So if I stop trying, maybe we'll get somewhere. Last month I seemed to have no CM, let alone EWCM. We're only on CD 7 or something like that, and I don't even feel like I want to try this month. Usually by now, I'm bugging DH to DTD every night so we can make sure we catch the egg on O day. I can barely even think about having sex now. It just makes me mad when I think about TTC and not getting it. I just want to say, "We're done. We're not ready for a baby" and then forget about it. Go on BCPs or get a IUD put in or something. At least then I don't have to worry about it. AAAAAARRG!!!

Well, I'm done now... Thanks for listening.

Tara, I'm sorry to see you here. Don't you just hate being a girl and the one who has to do all the thinking about TTC? I know the guys/ significan others think about it, but it's not on there minds 24/7 like it is ours. because I know how you're feeling. because you're here. And because I need one too.
#257 of 786 Old 11-13-2006, 05:07 PM

I guess it's CD 8 today...
#258 of 786 Old 11-13-2006, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy_in_chaos View Post
I guess it's CD 8 today...
For you...

#259 of 786 Old 11-13-2006, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower View Post
ItyBty I'm so confused! I thought crosshair coverline is supposed to be higher than previous temps?
Oh, what should it be then - I manually input that line. :

mommyinchaos - It's ok to be angry - I'm dealing with the same thing this month. I'm angry at the universe, I'm pissed off at everything, and just generally a big old mess. And ya know what? It's OK. :

Tara - Welcome! Your son is adorable! I love that Halloween picture with the mowhawk - too cute.
#260 of 786 Old 11-13-2006, 06:08 PM

Thanks everyone for the hugs.

Mommyinchaos - I am right there with you. This ttc thing is just super unfair. I am angry and jealous and pissed off too. :

And also thanks for comments about my son. I've been loving on him all afternoon and he's being a good comfort for me on this gloomy day.

T

Tara - Mother to Curtis 12/04 and Clark 11/07
#261 of 786 Old 11-13-2006, 06:19 PM

ItyBty - Seriously, I don't know where to put the coverline, but I just read that on a website just this morning. I thought the coverline was placed just above the temp just higher than the previous six (or something like that) and you can discard one previous temp as a fluke. You might want to look it up on Google.

And Heck! I don't even know if it matters!!!
#262 of 786 Old 11-13-2006, 06:59 PM

Ity - I don't mean to be a downer, but I don't think you o'd (unless you have some really convincing evidence that you have). That chart looks like mine did last month - totally anovulatory (for me anyway). Are you stressed or something? Lily's right - your coverline should be higher .1 higher than the highest temp of the previous 6 (does that make sense?). Your chart just doesn't show a sustained temp shift (which is why ff hasn't given you any crosshairs yet).

My Provera's all done. Now I wait for af (or not, if by some miracle we actually managed to conceive - which I still doubt) and then when I go back to the doctor I'm asking for the Clomid. Eleven months is to many for me. I'm totally willing to give it a try, if she'll let me without doing all the other tests first. It's so sad, I have such a pretty chart but it probably means nothing thanks to the drugs... *sigh*

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#263 of 786 Old 11-13-2006, 08:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well I'm with the rest of you ladies - sad and angry. My elation about ovulation evaporated this morning when my temp was about 97.7. I'm going to assume it's a fluke as long as I get a high temp tomorrow morning. Very frustrated because I am soooo sure that I Oed Saturday. My cervix is definitely firmer and I'm having creamy CM.

A friend/coworker of mine was talking today about autism. Her sister is having an oops pregnancy with a man whose other child is autistic. She was asking about whether it's heditary and went on to mention that she doesn't believe her sister has the patience to deal with an autistic child. She said that she herself wouldn't have the patience and that God knows her limits. I said that I didn't think that He knows my limits - because I'm getting close to losing my mind over all this TTC crap. This lady is a real sweetheart but her first child was accidental and the second planned but easily conceived so she doesn't understand infertility. She has told me the classic line of "it'll happen in God's time." I did inform her that that's not nice to say to someone experiencing infertility.

I'm still trying to figure out an RE. If anyone has any experience researching doctors, please let me know if there's a good place to look for opinions on REs. Also if anyone's in the So Cal/LA area, I'm looking at some doctors in Loma Linda if anyone has heard anything.

Welcome to Tara! Hope you're not here for too long. I find this it be a great thread to hang around.

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
#264 of 786 Old 11-13-2006, 08:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
lilyflower - So glad to see that temp raise! Very nice one in fact. Happy to see Vitex didn't effect you the same as me!

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
#265 of 786 Old 11-13-2006, 08:47 PM

Allisonrose - I'm with you, just waiting to see that it actually stays elevated. We need a break. I actually gave my husband the night off and sure would be freaking out if my temp went back down. I will see. I am trying not to worry about it. Sorry yours went back down, but will be checking in the morning to see that it went back up for you.
#266 of 786 Old 11-13-2006, 09:06 PM

Question: when (or should) I test?

Here's a quick rundown - according to my doctor af should show up within a day or two of ending the Provera. FF has set a test date (based upon a potential O date) at Friday.

So assuming af doesn't show up should I test Friday? That would be 15 dpo (today's 11 dpo). Should I monitor symptoms for awhile? Should I just assume that the Provera caused my egg to give up (I never O this early when I do... if I do. Although, given the situation with my mom I'm inclined to believe that I am O'ing, just not getting lucky enough to get an egg to meet up with my DH's swimmers) Any and all thoughts thoroughly appreciated.

FWIW, Now that I've stopped taking the Provera I feel more nauseous than I did on it, although I don't know how long this stuff hangs out in your system either. The other oddity is that my DH is SICK. He's had a fever, cough, runny nose, sneeze, the works for five days or so. I, OTOH, have nada, zilch, zero sign of any impending illness. This shouldn't be possible since we sleep next to each other and I have always gotten whatever he's gotten since we've been living together (a long time now).

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#267 of 786 Old 11-13-2006, 09:08 PM

I guess I didn't think that I'd ever get to the point where I was obsessive about TTC. But this past month, I realized how obsessed I have become. I really don't want to give up, but I just don't know how much longer I can stand the feeling of inadequacy. It feels like I'm not doing my job as a SAHM. What's the point in being one if I can't make the one thing that makes me one. My DD is in school, so I'm home all day, and yes I get house work done, but I feel like I should be taking care of a wee one. I feel empty without that needy little life to look after. And as I sit here writing this, I just want to cry because I realize that I'm just going to have to wait. There's no other way to get it besides waiting. And I HATE waiting!

Ok, I'm done again. This should be it for today, and I'll probably feel better tomorrow. Thanks again for listening!
#268 of 786 Old 11-13-2006, 09:20 PM

I wish I had something to lift everyone's mood, seems like the frustration is getting to all of us.

Tara - Welcome! I hope your stay is short.

ItyBty - I wish I could help, I've never set my own coverline but I would agree, it looks like it should be higher compared to your other charts.

lilyflower - Very nice temp rise!

Tenk - Congrats on getting the quote working I hope your TWW isn't driving you too crazy.

Allisonrose - : that your temp goes back up tomorrow.

ChristyM26, mommy_in_chaos - I'm sorry you're feeling so frustrated, I wish I had some magic words for you

I had to take some time away from this for the weekend, I was feeling so much anger over the m/c that it was seriously driving me nearly crazy. Everywhere I look are babies, a woman I work with is due the same month I just kept wondering what I did to deserve that happening to me, what karmic energy did I put out there that came back to me like this, it's just all so unfair. I had such a bad experience at the doctor's office when I stopped in to ask for my hCG levels from last week that I left in tears. I just feel like I have no closure on the whole thing, I have nothing to show for the baby I made so many plans for except for this hole in my life that nobody except for me can see. DH is a much more optimistic person than I am, he's a good balance for my gloomy moods.

to anyone else I missed

and hopes that it gets better for all of us.
#269 of 786 Old 11-13-2006, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyM26 View Post
Question: when (or should) I test?
I think I would wait until Friday or Saturday, but I've not been a fan of testing until I was sure I was past my normal luteal phase length (but that's just me, I can't take seeing the negative test results). Does the Provera make your temps higher than they would be without it?
#270 of 786 Old 11-13-2006, 09:28 PM

I'm crystal.. ttc#2 since feb 06... I guess were going the natural route.. no drugs.. just plenty of bd'ing.. lol.. sorry tmi!! I was really hoping to be pg by the time ds turned 3 (6/07) I'm not so sure that thats happening anymore
but anyway.. add me.. maybe this'll give me the baby vibes I need!!! GIRL GIRL GIRL!!!

Crys - mom to DS, C (6/04) expecting twins 2/23/13 joy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page