TTC #1 in our 30s - Anyone? Bueller? - Page 14 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#391 of 402 Old 11-30-2006, 08:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh Yeah...I forgot to tell you...
Monday after work I went to get my progesterone script filled. I don't start taking it till Dec 5, but things have been so bad at work this week that I wanted to get it before I kicked my boss in his baby maker and quit. :
Anyway...I get it filled and was waiting outside for my ride home. (I have no car and the pharmacy is two doors down from my job.) I looked at the bottle and it's says quantity 30, take one at bedtime till all gone.
30 in a row...I think not. The doctor said start on day 14 and take either 10 or 12. I couldn't remember. So I went back in to ask. I told the guy I was TTC and 30 progesterone wouldn't be even a little help because I wouldn't ovulate. He took it back and said he was going to call the doctor to get it right.
So I go back today to pick it up and now it's a bottle of 12 and it says take one at bedtime starting the first day of your cycle.

I'm not going to bother. I'll take 12 (one a day) starting on day 14 (Dec 5). I'll have at the very least a 26 day cycle.
Twould be nice to have 40 week cycle though...
#392 of 402 Old 11-30-2006, 10:08 PM

Emily - I stare at my chart 20 times a day and it doesn't even have temps on it! Either the temps will drive me mad or I'll be a bit relieved by seeing a regular down/up pattern. We shall see...

Yesterday I got 98.7 and today was 99.1 - are those too high? I guess it could be my cheapy thermometer, but I browsed some charts on FF and seems like not many get that high. Also, that's 0.4 increase which could be ovulation right? I am so lost this cycle :\ To top it off, my cycles have averaged 25 days since going off the pill in late August and I'm on CD24 toady, so theoretically I'm not really too early for implantation bleeding OR AF! Based purely on previous cycles (not incl the m/c), I should O no later than CD12 if I have a 14 day luteal phase. Which would make me 11dpo. And I just got a +OPK on CD24? Oh gawd, somebody stop me!!! You would think I *want* AF to show just to get this all straightened out! For the record, I don't.

Dee, mommy to Miss M 11/07 and little Miss I 5/10/10!
#393 of 402 Old 11-30-2006, 10:36 PM - Thread Starter

Dee - My guess is that with temps like that, you are already post-O. Of course, the cycle after a m/c can be pretty messed up as your body tried to re-regulate itself. That +OPK today suggests O sometime in the next 12-48 hours. So confusing! I guess if AF stays away and you get your BFP it really wont matter. GL!
#394 of 402 Old 12-01-2006, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Perhaps you should stop trying and just relax.
God, don't you just LOVE that one?

Dee, I agree with the wise Emily. Though... y'know, OPKs can turn positive if you're pregnant, too. :

I love charting. I don't obsess about my temperatures. Every woman is different.. it's more the pattern that you should be concerned with, not the actual temps. Although, now that I've had a pregnancy cycle, I'm obsessed with overlaying my current cycle with that one so that I can see if I'm having a similar pattern.
#395 of 402 Old 12-01-2006, 12:58 PM

Hello everyone!

My OPK's are still not here. but I've realized this is my fault b/c I mistakenly looked at the shipping dates for within the US and not how long it takes to get to Canada. Hence the 7-10 days. Booo!
Ah well...

I wish my chart was more stable. I don't know if I am going to be one of those women who gets a temp drop before ovulation.
#396 of 402 Old 12-01-2006, 01:18 PM

I'm confused!
I had increased sex drive (it's not like normal 'wanting lots of sex', it's a heavier feeling in my uterus that comes with a specific smell I can't describe) and O pain on day 7 & 8. I also had watery CM which would all indicate that I am o'ing right on schedual.
Yesterday, CD9 I had o pain in the morning and if I thought about it I had the sex drive (normally the sex drive takes over and is all I really think about), which indicates I O'd late CD8.
Today, CD 10, I have the sex drive without the smell (odd) and O pain, which feels more like cramping.
And my temps won't help us here because they're high. That could back up the whole O'ing thing, but I didn't sleep much last night so I took my temp at the normal time with only 1 1/2 sleep and again 6 hours late after 4 hours sleep.
#397 of 402 Old 12-01-2006, 09:39 PM

Bump
#398 of 402 Old 12-01-2006, 10:39 PM

Hmmm, Kat. Interesting. Maybe you're just ovulating a little later than normal. Though, I had ovulation pain AFTER I ovulated the cycle I got pregnant. Just thought I'd throw that out there. :

greengrey, sometimes I get an ovulation dip, sometimes I don't. It would certainly be helpful if it was consistent! I hope your OPKs show up soon!!

Um, I started taking EPO again, and um, it's working. Really well. Why hello there, CM!! Only problem is that 3 capsules (1500mg) gives me headaches. It gave me headaches last time I tried it over the summer so I stopped. I think I may drop down to 1000mg and see if that helps. But, yeah, I heart EPO.
#399 of 402 Old 12-01-2006, 10:46 PM

Yeah, I'm O'ing later then normal (not a bad thing.) I just got hit by the EWCM monster and I'm suddenly having o pain all over again. And I have my very first positive OPK ever.
I called my guy and said NO EXCUSES!! We need action tonight.
He won't be home fore another 4 hours.

What's EPO?
#400 of 402 Old 12-01-2006, 11:01 PM

EPO = Evening Primrose Oil. Check it out:

http://www.babyhopes.com/articles/epo.html

Quote:
Evening Primrose Oil or EPO helps women to produce more fertile quality cervical fluid also known as "egg white cervical mucus". This type of cervical fluid is fertile, thin, watery, clear and "stretchy" and easily aids the sperm to swim through the uterus and into the fallopian tube, and to the egg. Also, this type of fluid helps the sperm to stay alive for up to five days inside the fallopian tube, thus enabling conception to happen even if you don't have intercourse again by the time ovulation occurs.
#401 of 402 Old 12-02-2006, 09:18 AM

I'm just catching up, reading all that's been going on.

Thank you for the nice comments about my chart! I don't want to be a downer but I just don't think this cycle worked out for us. My cycle's getting longer - I guess taking longer to O - so our BD timing is always a bit off. Duh!

Having said that I still visit FF every day like 50 times a day just to have a look and compare it to my last cycle.

Anyway it's SATURDAY... I'm waiting to see who's doing POASaturday so that I can live a vicariously!

Come on
#402 of 402 Old 12-02-2006, 10:54 PM - Thread Starter

Shiny new December thread up HERE

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page