How long is lh high enough in your system to show pos on an opk?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-19-2003, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was doing some looking an FF last night and there is a post going on about using an opk as an hpt. I know lh and hcg are just one step away of being the same thing and that opk's are more sensitive than hpt...but not as clean...

Anyway, I'm 12dpo...i tested today with a cheap test but turns out it isn't sensitive AT ALL..it was neg....

So, I took an opk......it was positive. I would think that I'm far enough past O that the lh wouldn't be detectable on the opk. The line is not the same darkness as the control line...but it is close......

What do you think?? I'm testing with CBE tomorrow morning....Af is due between Tuesday and Thursday.......

BTW...my temp stayed put...so it's triphastic......i just hope thats a good sign....I also started puking last night. My chiropractor asked if I was pg because of the nausea. We thought it was originating out of my back and he said it shouldn't be now....but since I have it in the morning and when I start to get tired it could be early pg stuff.....kinda nice to hear from a professional!!

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2003, 10:35 PM

From what I've read, an OPT used as HPT has to be definitely positive, that is, the test line has to be *darker* than the control.
12dpo is still too early for many women to get a BFP, even if they are pregnant! Try waiting a few more days, and GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 04-20-2003, 12:13 AM - Thread Starter

I'm going to test tomorrow.....using CBE af is due between tuesday and thursday. I'm hoping I get a hint of a bfp!

Dh said tonight that I am pg we won't tell right away.....which disappoints me cause I wanted to tell at ds's bday party...and I'm going home for over a week without him and he expects me to keep it a secret....I'll go nuts not being able to talk about it....but thats only if I'm pg.....

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)

User Tag List