Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   Trying To Conceive (http://www.mothering.com/forum/178-trying-conceive/)
-   -   Does you cervix get sore when you are Ovulating or about to? (http://www.mothering.com/forum/178-trying-conceive/554275-does-you-cervix-get-sore-when-you-ovulating-about.html)

mommysusie 11-07-2006 10:50 AM

Just wondering....

kristenyostdc 11-07-2006 11:09 AM

Mine does! Also, when an egg is released I have pain where my ovaries are. I don't know if you get that too. Sometimes it can be pretty painful!

mommysusie 11-07-2006 11:46 AM

Ok, I didn't want to feel like I'm crazy. This is the first month I am actually trying to pay attention. Last night and the night before when Hubby and I dtd I felt like it was a little sore near my cervix. Ok, I feel better now!

reikitiki 11-07-2006 11:52 AM

Mine does too, I think it is normal. I never even recognized it until we were trying to conceive but then it was very obvious. I also get 'middleschmertz' (not the correct spelling!) it is the name of the guy who fiagnosed painful ovulation, usually one sided and can last 2-3 days, always a reliable indicator that I am ovulating.

columbusmomma 11-07-2006 11:58 AM

As far as the pain(won't attempt the spelling!) does anyone know if it's when the egg is actually being released, or just the general time that O is going to happen soon...?

kristenyostdc 11-07-2006 12:04 PM

I read an article about it recently and it said that the pain is from after the egg is released and the tube has a little tear in it. Hopefully that is right, I mean it makes sense to me!

reikitiki 11-07-2006 12:07 PM

I thought the pain was from the swelling of the ovaries just before the egg was released??? Feels kind of like I'm going to burst!

bobandjess99 11-07-2006 01:19 PM

i get both mittelshmerz pain in my ovary, and also dilation pain in my cervix, fom it opening to admit sperm. It's QUITE painful for me...

Emma's_Mommy 11-07-2006 03:22 PM

geez the things we go through every month!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tenk 11-07-2006 03:37 PM

This was the first month I have been really sure of when I O'd (used OPK) and every other month, I honestly think we were just missing O (but maybe not) and when I got the ++ OPK on CD15, and then 16 all I felt were ovary pains BUT on CD17 I still had a ++ and after feeling (finally) where my cervix is and what it feels like and does I KNOW for sure that I was feeling my cervix doing something on the 17th day (but it was also ++) I felt it on the
15th day and it was open then...maybe it was closing again?!?!?!

Oh well 2dpo here and time will tell....

Oceanone 11-07-2006 03:41 PM

I get cervical pain at ovulation, yes, ouch. It's that dilation kind of a feeling. It's way, way worse since childbirth (2nd child). I never noticed it much before then. I get crampy feeling ovaries too, but then I have the odd cyst there and it was much worse when I had a large cyst there.

masherrell 11-07-2006 06:11 PM

Thank you God. I have never had or maybe just didn't notice my cervix being sore. My belly was sore around my uterus and last night we were TTC and my cervix was aching. It went away after a few. But I'm not alone that feels good.