super early pregnancy symptoms - possible? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 28 Old 11-08-2006, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi there!

My name is Alexandra and I am 30 years old and my husband and me are TTC our first child. I've been charting like crazy since January of this year b/c I've had to wait to get off some medication before we started to try so we are super excited.

We've only been trying this for the past 2 weeks, timed to my ovulation cycle, but since then I've experienced some crazy symptoms and am wondering if those of you who are pregnant/were pregnant displayed symptoms super early.

Some of my friends state that they just "knew" when they conceived and that they started feeling mild symptoms in a few days which I didn't think was possible.

So far I've got the following:

- extremely bloated (I mean there's PMS bloating and then there's why can't I do up my bigger jeans)

- upper thigh cramps in both legs & bruised tailbone pain that happen mostly at night that literally came out of nowhere and wake me up at night b/c they hurt so bad but I can't imagine this being a pregnancy symptom and yet I can't figure out why they're happening

- exhaustion

- mild shooting cramps in the pelvic area

- feeling feverish and a stuffed nose along with headaches

The thigh cramping & tailbone pain is what concerns me the most. I have a history of DVT and am a carrier for the genes Factor V Leiden and MTHFR so there's a good chance I will be on heparin/lovenox when we conceive, but having had a DVT before this doesn't feel the same as one. It feels like stretching pain or like you would if you had a long workout and your muscles are sore and it's happening in both thighs only when I lie down at night.

If you could share your symptom experiences from a very early stage if you had any that would be great!

thanks!
Alex
#2 of 28 Old 11-08-2006, 02:22 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Well, I didn't experience any of your specific symptoms, but I did begin having obvious symptoms 4dpo, & was telling the world I was pg 9dpo, though I didn't get a pos hpt until 12 dpo.

My symptoms were big sore boobs, morning nausea & constant belching. Very attractive.

Good luck! How exciting!!

eta: Oh yeah, you guys reminded me, I also got that metallic taste in my mouth & my gums started bleeding almost immedietly, too. Pregnancy sure does weird stuff to our bodies.

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
#3 of 28 Old 11-08-2006, 02:23 PM

I'm also ttc for #1, so don't know a lot about the symptoms of pg. The pelvic cramping and exhaustion could be signs. I've heard that while rare, some women do experience more headaches and I think the bloating is sometimes an early sign. The rest, I don't know. Good luck.
#4 of 28 Old 11-08-2006, 03:31 PM

VERY possible! I got terrible gas , such that I had never before experienced, the week after O. *If* I get symptoms, they do start pretty early. Good luck to you, hope you graduate soon!
#5 of 28 Old 11-08-2006, 03:38 PM

Yep, I had symptoms almost immediately too. I was one of those women who just knew I was pregnant, even though it was my first pregnancy and I didn’t really know what to expect – I had sore breasts, a bit of nausea, and some puffiness after about 4 DPO. I tested positive at about 10 DPO, and I knew the test would be positive. I just knew, I could tell, and I was right.

Good luck and I hope you get a positive on your test too!

"Mama, thank you for my little brother!" DD 7/05 DS 6/09
#6 of 28 Old 11-08-2006, 05:28 PM

I'm 5dpo and have some odd abdomen twinges/pain. Minor skin breakout. Runny nose and stuffy ears. Metal taste in mouth, only once though. Very, very tired. Insomnia. Yellow-tinted cm. Bizarre mood swings, feels a lot like PMS only too early in my cycle. Became angry at the microwave for collecting dust so easily, sad because I don't have a toaster, and cried when my dp implied that I'm forgetful, almost cried at the cuteness of our hamster. On and off tingly feeling in boobs. They're a teeny bit sore, but that may be imagined or impending PMS. Chronic, unexplained backache. On and off nausea. Gums bled when I brushed my teeth. They usually bleed a tiny bit, but this was noticeably a lot more than usual. Craving some things, but more adversions than cravings. None of my favorite foods are tasting right, but I NEED some warm cookies. I'm really not so fond of cookies. Heavy, full feeling in my lower tummy - never felt that before except for during first pregnancy, and a pressure, like setting a heavy book there, that was very unfamiliar too.

The most noticeable, weird thing, though, the only one except for the bleeding gums and yellow cm that *can not* be in my mind, is a rumbly feeling in my stomach and below. This is way TMI but it's the same feeling that you get when you're about to pass gas, like there's air in there, but I'm not passing gas at all, or in any pain. It's just loud, strange, and a little uncomfortable. Along with that is pretty constant diarrhea. I'm not running to the bathroom in a panic or anything, but every BM has ranged from loose to liquid, since 1dpo and ever since.

At 4 and 5dpo, I've woken up badly having to pee. I usually go to the bathroom out of habit in the morning, but unless I drank more than usual the previous day, I next to never really NEED to. Headaches. Probably unrelated, but I've had out-there sex dreams at least 3 nights since ovulating. Sweaty and overheated a few times when, according to all logic, I should've been freezing. I can't imagine how it'd be related, but I've seen "itchy scalp" listen among 2ww symptoms in a few places, and incidentally, mine has been very itchy. Mild heartburn. I've had heartburn all of twice previously in my entire life.

(x-posted to the 2ww thread)
#7 of 28 Old 11-08-2006, 05:42 PM

How many days post ovulation are you? It's totally possible. I had twinges immediately after conception (ovulation-type pains, bloating, etc), and at 7SPO had a small fever and sore throat. Sore breasts and a few episodes of mild AF-like cramps followed.

Good luck and welcome to MDC!!
#8 of 28 Old 11-08-2006, 06:46 PM

I believe it is possible. Last time I was pg I started to feel symptoms at 3dpo!! Good luck!
#9 of 28 Old 11-08-2006, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for your replies!

I am about 10 DPO but that's *if* I actually ovulated on Oct 30th. It could have been later on Nov 2nd but I know the entire week was my fertile week - (my cycle varies from 28-35 days each month). Which is why I am like there is just no way symptoms should/could be showing up this early and am convinced I am just "looking" too hard.

Either way I'll test by next weekend if there is no AF.

I've just also heard via my friends experiences that most of them didn't conceive on the first try (their average was 4-6 months) which is why I am not banking on this being beginners luck.
#10 of 28 Old 11-08-2006, 08:01 PM

This isn't going to be a popular opinion but no I don't it is truly pg symptoms. There is no reason to have pregnancy symptoms until the egg implants because until that happens no hormones are being produced to cause any pg symptoms. Usually implantation doesn't take place until 6-10 days after ovulation. So while 10 dpo you might start feeling something that could maybe be caused by pg hormones it is still on the early side. The fact is that many PMS symptoms and pg symptoms are the same. That's what makes that whole two week wait thing so hard. I've been pg six times and thought I was pg a few other times on other cycles. It really is just hard to know. On a cycle where you do end up pg I think it's easy to look back and say "oh I knew right away" and "I had all these symptoms" whereas you may have felt exactly the same way if that embryo had not implanted. And for that matter there are women who spend two weeks cataloging all these symptoms that mean they must be pg so they start testing super early only to have AF show up at 14dpo right on time. It's just like lots of people really think they're having twins early on in pg but only a small number truly are. So if someone asks "Did you just know you were having twins" you'll get tons of responses saying yes they did but you'll also get quite a few who said they really thought they were but weren't. : Good luck though!
#11 of 28 Old 11-08-2006, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter

Wasabi I tend to agree with you. That's why I wanted to know if other women had anything similar to what I am experiencing or if I am just imagining things. Because it seems crazy to have anything before.
#12 of 28 Old 11-08-2006, 08:53 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I always know very early. My breasts get a "tingly" feeling to them.
#13 of 28 Old 11-08-2006, 09:01 PM

Have to disagree with Wasabi. I don't get any PMS ever. No sore or tender breasts, no cramps, no bloating. Nada, zip, zero. (Okay, except cranky). I just lost a pregnancy, and I knew I was pg probably from the day after I ovulated because my breast became incredibly sore, VERY early on, they ached when I would take off my bra and I couldn't sleep on my stomach. Never had that with a non-pregnant cycle. Tested positive.

Same thing with the pg I lost just before that. I was only 4 or 5 dpo and I had the *worst* gas I have ever experienced, and I had not eaten any of the foods that typically get to me. In fact, only green peppers get me like that, and I had not been near a pepper. Tested positive on 10 or 11 dpo.

Perhaps the fertilized egg emits a signal on its way to implant, and some women's bodies hear that signal louder than others. Who knows. But, there is at least pretty strong anecdotal evidence to suggest it can happen.
#14 of 28 Old 11-08-2006, 09:32 PM

greengrey I think if you are 10dpo you certainly could be feeling symptoms my first couple pregnancies (I had one loss) I knew right away. My last boy I was clueless but had just experianced a loss of a parent so I was pretty numb all over.
I also want to mention about the factor V and the DVTs do youtake anything for them? Some women have difficulty maintaining a pregnancy early on because of this and oftena doc will prescribe aspirin therapy which includes one baby aspirin daily. I would go to the doc and get a blood test if you can to find out if you are pregnant so that they can get you on meds for your clotting issues right away.
I have a friend who after 5 years of trying got pregnant and then found out midway through that she had a blood clot. They put her on thinners and told her she would have to take them with every pregnancy from now on.

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
#15 of 28 Old 11-09-2006, 12:51 AM

I am having the same lower back pain, but it goes all the way around. I am having lower front pain aswell. Also tmi... sorry guys but the gas is soo bad that my dh slept in the guest room last night. I am 12dpo and on cd27. I usually have 35day cycles so i am scared to test now. these pains started mildly on 4dpo cd16 they just keep getting stronger. I also :Puke about 20min ago. I have like an acid reflux kinda feeling... like i ate too much. This is my first cycle on clomid 100mg and ive been on metformin for 6months. I am so tired of being dissappointed, but I really hope that this is the cycle for me and all of us.
#16 of 28 Old 11-09-2006, 12:01 PM

Oh 11yrs all that sounds like a really good sign. Do you have a chart? FF suggests testing at 18dpo witih elevated temperatures. So I would say if you want to test but aren't sure when to do it you would be pretty safe to do it then. If you ovulated on cd15 then your cycle probably isn't going to be 35 days, since that is a long LP. Could be that the clomid did the trick for you this cycle.

#17 of 28 Old 11-09-2006, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

massaginmommy: I was on coumadin (blood thinners) for 2 years to help aid in the clearing of the DVT but they just took me off of it in the first week of October. I also belong to a great forum for Factor V Leiden women going through the same thing but even though I know about the baby aspirin thing, none of my doctors seem to think I need it right now. I mean *I* want to take it daily but it's like "should I?" without their consulation.

I do know that the moment I get a BFP I am on the phone to my hematologist basically saying when do we start Heparin/Lovenox. Based on my current test results they're debating whether or not I actually need it b/c so many women with Factor V give birth fine without any issues. But I am refusing to accept that because of my history and I don't want to chance having a miscarriage in order for them to go "Oh you were right we should have made you take it." In other words be a science experiment to them.
#18 of 28 Old 11-09-2006, 03:34 PM

good for you, sounds like you have done your research

#19 of 28 Old 11-09-2006, 08:54 PM

I was one of those women that knew very early on. Every pg so far I've known by "3 weeks pg". My biggest sign was smells of differnt things that never bothered me before made me sick to my stomach. Good Luck though. I am also trying to concieve but #4.

a:5:{s:9:"signature";s:273:"
a:5:{s:9:"signature";s:164:"Wife to H Antonio:, Mother to DD Kathleen 12,: DD Yoseleen 9,
DD Jasmeen 5, and DS Anthony 2,";s:7:"insider";N;s:6:"awards";N;s:10:"selections";s:0:"";s:8:"featured";s:0:"";}
";s:7:"insider";N;s:6:"awards";N;s:10:"selections";s:0:"";...
#20 of 28 Old 11-11-2006, 10:23 PM

I hope you are right Massaginmommy....

Today I have ibs and headache. I have also been waking up in the middle of the night hot and sexually charged and cant go back to sleep....

Nipples just started hurtting today. That usually happens right before AF and that is near, so my spirits are down

I so dont want AF to show up. If she is comming she will be here on the 16th. Which the 17th is my 8year wedding anniversary. If i am pg that will be the best Anniv. gift ever. Well last year after living in a hotel for 2months cause of Hurricane, we received the keys to our new home one 11/17/05... that was a great anniversary gift too.
#21 of 28 Old 11-12-2006, 02:54 PM

When I was pregnant with Olivia, I had this weird sensation of needing to pee *all* the time, right around the cycle day 14 or so. I don't know how many DPO that was as I didn't really keep any records that month (hence the pregnancy). I thought I must have a UTI, but I was away from home at the time (back then I lived in VA and had come "home" to Rochester, now where I live, to meet my new nephew). It was annoying to keep running to the bathroom every few minutes only to have a tiny trickle of pee, but not painful, so I figured I'd deal with it when I got home. Except the trouble cleared up by then. I don't know if that was related to the pregnancy or not, but looking back I think of that as when I first started to be pregnant.

Anyway, I may be pregnant right now. I'm in the tww (except I'm not going to POAS so I may need to wait longer to be sure). And I could swear that even though I've only had some minor soreness in the breasts (I was megasore last time about a week before my period was due), I can feel something going on in my uterus. It's probably in my head, but I feel like a tiny subtle moving, like little bubbles or maybe just my pulse (increased blood flow perhaps). I don't know. If it turns out I get my period in a few days, I'll know I must have imagined it.
#22 of 28 Old 11-12-2006, 07:53 PM

It seems that it is a little eaiser to detect symptoms when you have been preg before. It also seems that there are a million early preg symptoms, many coinsiding with Af....:

This is all so confusing. : It would be nice to beable to say... this is exactly how i felt when i was preg the last time...LOL, that would mean that I already have a dd or ds....: :

Sorry... I am so jealous of you guys!!!
#23 of 28 Old 11-12-2006, 08:54 PM

Hmmm, I'm on CD 18 (3rd cycle TTC), not at all sure when or it I ovulated since I'm not charting this cycle, but I've been having these thoughts that maybe I'm pregnant. The last two days I've been extra tired, I've had more IBS upset than normal and I've been more irritable and tearful than normal. Weird. But I also thought it was definitely too early to have any pregnancy symptoms even if I ovulated early. But then I read this thread. Ugh, now I'm going to be thinking I'm pregnant for the next week and a half until I can test. I honestly don't remember having any symptoms before maybe 10 dpo with any other pregnancy, but I also wasn't expecting to be pregnant any of those times so I wasn't watching my body real close. It was only the missed period that tipped me off. Otherwise all my symptoms that I had early on could have been AF PMS symptoms with each pregnancy. We were actively TTC with our first pregnancy, but we'd been trying for 4 months and we were on vacation during the last 2 weeks of my cycle, so I wasn't really paying attention to getting pregnant. The other two times were total accidents and I really wasn't expecting to be pregnant either time, so I wasn't looking for any symptoms. This whole 2WW is rather frustrating.

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
#24 of 28 Old 11-13-2006, 12:16 AM

With my first pregnancy, I wasn't really expecting to be pregnant. I remember doing a bunch of situps before I found out because I thought my belly was getting bigger. But, I don't remember feeling symptoms until 6 - 8 weeks along.

With the second, I don't remember feeling any symptoms right away.

With the third pregnancy (miscarried), I had suspicions on about 10dpo. I was really grossed out by smells. We went camping and some peopel were cooking meat. It really grossed me out. And I was super crabby and boobs were sore.

I'm 5dpo now and feel pretty normal. My breasts are feeling a little sensitive.

Wendy - mom to dd1(11), dd2(7), dd3(3)
#25 of 28 Old 11-13-2006, 03:10 PM

I can certainly relate to some of your "symptoms". I am currently in the 2ww and I have been extremely gassy lately and not to mention that all of a sudden yest. I started feeling twinges in my stomach that haven't let up. I am on 12 DPO and so I am expecting AF within the next 2 days or a BFP. I will keep all of you posted. I "feel" pg but I also know that the human mind can create symptoms so while the juries out I am going to try not to develop anymore theories.:

Ph.D. Mama to Anaiah born 10/06/07 and Mathias born 11/14/09 and Wife to my cocoa puff DH.
My Cup Runs Over Daily!

www.becomingamommy.com

#26 of 28 Old 11-16-2006, 11:29 AM

Thought I'd follow up on this thread since there were a bunch of people in the 2ww that had symptoms. Anyone still experiencing anything? Any BFP's?

I'm a mere 8 dpo but I'm dying to test. The last two nights I've been up to pee several times during the night. And my stomach has not felt right lately. I've been slightly more hungry than normal, but my stomach has felt kind of upset after eating if it's less than nutritious (i.e. baked cheesy ziti last night). I have a very good feeling about this cycle. And dh said he got "that feeling" that he's always got whenever we had sex that resulted in a pregnancy when we DTD on CD12 (he just told me this yesterday).

Anyone else?

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
#27 of 28 Old 10-25-2007, 03:24 PM

Hi, I have been having unprotected sex almost this whole month. my period is due in 2 days. my boobs started getting sore early this week, mostly my left on the side and both under them. they seem to be inlarged a little. I've been having some cramps since about 4 or 5 days past ovulation and again today along with presure. over the weekend my face started breaking out and i haven't had that in monthes, my husband said i was moody ( i didn't notice it until one day last week we we're trying to fix my car with jumper cables and mine are just some from walmart that my parents got me the year I started driving. but he said they we're cheap and I started crying. many more things makes me wanna cry. Today I was eating a salad when mostly i like salad and it was about to make me sick and i also feel really bloated with out but feel hungry and nothing sounds good, temp. up about 1 degree :and head ach.

Oh.. I almost forgot.... i have been very very tired since the end of last week. so tire i could sleep until about 10 or so and still got to been early.

Could this mean pregnancy???
#28 of 28 Old 10-25-2007, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishfulthinker18 View Post
Hi, I have been having unprotected sex almost this whole month. my period is due in 2 days. my boobs started getting sore early this week, mostly my left on the side and both under them. they seem to be inlarged a little. I've been having some cramps since about 4 or 5 days past ovulation and again today along with presure. over the weekend my face started breaking out and i haven't had that in monthes, my husband said i was moody ( i didn't notice it until one day last week we we're trying to fix my car with jumper cables and mine are just some from walmart that my parents got me the year I started driving. but he said they we're cheap and I started crying. many more things makes me wanna cry. Today I was eating a salad when mostly i like salad and it was about to make me sick and i also feel really bloated with out but feel hungry and nothing sounds good, temp. up about 1 degree :and head ach.

Oh.. I almost forgot.... i have been very very tired since the end of last week. so tire i could sleep until about 10 or so and still got to been early.

Could this mean pregnancy???
If your period is due in 2 days, go get a test. They're pretty accurate this early. Take it first thing tomorrow morning.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page