How do I know if I'm ovulating? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-08-2006, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone. I have been hanging around the past few months and have learned an enormous amount from everyone's posts. I was wondering if anyone had a previous experience with this.

Here it goes: I have endometriosois and have been on continuous birth control (no periods) for the last three years. My DH and I are trying to concieve and so I stopped taking my birthcontrol almost a month ago.

I have had a lot of cramping in the first few weeks that was reminiscent of AF but no AF. For the last two weeks I have felt no cramping and sore boobs and sort of naseated. DH and I have been active most days so I thought maybe I could be pg? Or maybe it is my body regulating itself? I have no idea when AF should come and I just got a neg. on a pg test.

Has anyone had similar experiences? Just sort of wondering what I should do... Once I get an AF than maybe I can chart? Thanks and Good luck to all you know what they say about a full moon...

Lots of to all!!

Wife and mother to : : :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 11-08-2006, 09:05 PM

FWIW, it took nine weeks for AF to arrive when I stopped b/c.
#3 of 5 Old 11-08-2006, 11:21 PM

from what i have read on these boards, the only way to confirm ovulation is with a temp spike. which i got the first month off the pill, but then i bled before implantation was possible.: i think my body is still adjusting to quitting the pill. :
#4 of 5 Old 11-09-2006, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiePie View Post
from what i have read on these boards, the only way to confirm ovulation is with a temp spike. which i got the first month off the pill, but then i bled before implantation was possible.: i think my body is still adjusting to quitting the pill. :
Actually not just a temp spike but a sustained temp spike. Your chart will have lots of lower temps before you o and then after you o your temps will increase and it should be fairly obvious on your chart.

Getting bc out of your system can be a real b!tch though. Some ppl seem to have no issues whereas it takes others a few months to get a normal cycle.

Have you bought the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility? That's a really good guide on charting.

Rachel, mom to Jake (5/04) and Alexia (7/07) a surprise UC thanks to hypnobabies!
#5 of 5 Old 11-09-2006, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all of your replies. I actually ordered the book online last night so it should arrive within a few days. I never, never in my life thought that I would be looking forward to AF! I hope both come soon actually!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page