I didn't think it would be so hard - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 04-22-2003, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DS2 is 10months old and we've been ttc since January. With both boys, I had to just think about getting pg and it worked.

I just looked at the calendar and my cycles are really wacked. Jan-Feb was 36 days; Feb-Mar was 31; now Mar-Apr was 40! What's wrong with me? Actually, I think it's because I'm still nursing ds2 pretty frequently. I don't want to wean him so I can get pg, but I really want another baby.

I expected af to show up last week. I had killer cramps and horrible pms. When she didn't show, I thought maybe I was pg. I've even been a little nauseous the last few days. I got a BFN yesterday, AF showed up today, and I'm still nauseous.

Anyway, I guess this is more of a rambling pity party than anything. I'm going to read more of the past posts and see what I can learn. I am very glad for resources like this.
#2 of 12 Old 04-22-2003, 04:40 PM

Hi Tracy and

I can certainly relate. I didn't expect much of a delay either. Ack, and I hate those BFN's I really think for me, it is the nursing, but I am trying to find a way to do both.

Feel free to pop in on our Nursing Mothers TTC board. There are some wise mamas there with great advice and support.

Mama to 12, and 9 and 3. 
#3 of 12 Old 04-22-2003, 05:11 PM

Quote:
I didn't think it would be so hard
Neither did I.

DH and I had discussed TTC for almost a year. I was ready, he was not...and then finally at Christmas he decided he was ready. I came off the pill and we started trying.

We REALLY thought it was going to happen right away.

We're in our fourth cycle now, which I know is not that long, and I know there are so many people here who have been trying for MUCH longer.........we just want it so badly.

Glad you are here. Hope your stay is short!

~Erin

PS ~ Rambles are always welcome here! We have our fair share of pity parties too.
#4 of 12 Old 04-22-2003, 07:52 PM

I sure can't blame the breastfeeding as I am still ttc#1.

I also never thought it would take so long. I mean two or three cycles, maybe, but this! I could even understand if I was unfit, irregular cycles, just came off the pill...Any of those would make sense to me.

But I haven't taken any chemical birth control for over 4 years now. My cycles are always right on 28-29 days long and I believe I am eating better and in better shape than any other time in my life!

I am still "early" in the ttc department. This is my 5th or 6th cycle I think. I don't really keep track anymore.

I guess I needed a little vent also.

Sending all of you in hopes of very, very soon!

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#5 of 12 Old 04-22-2003, 08:41 PM

Welcome Tracy!

I know the feeling. We conceived our son (Noah who is 17 mos old) while using birth control so I figured we were both super fertile. I'm still nursing Noah and haven't ovulated yet so that makes ttc kind of hard.

Are you interested in charting to help you pinpoint when you ovulate?

Good luck to you!

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#6 of 12 Old 04-22-2003, 08:55 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
BIG !!! I know how you feel.

Good luck and come here whenever you need some lovin and support!!

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#7 of 12 Old 04-22-2003, 09:15 PM

Hi there!
I hear you. It took us 2 yrs to conceive again. I was not bf'ing.
I don't know what to say. I hope it doesn't take two yrs. Now, looking back, I think I know why it took us so long. I had too much stress, when the stress started fading, I found myself pg.
Everything happens for a reason, and though it's hard to think about it...(I'm thinking of you too Adina), it will happen. Keep faith, keep visualizing implantation...

Much baby dust to you!

Mamasoleil
#8 of 12 Old 04-22-2003, 11:35 PM

We used no bc between dd and ds and I didn't get pg until dd was 15 mos old. We just decided to let it happen when it happened. She was nursing when I got pg, but I didn't even get a period until she was 9 mos old and she was nursing almost all night until after 12 mos old. She weaned when she was 20 mos during the pg.

I know it probably doesn't help, but I've heard that for most people who ecologically breastfeed, children will come 18 mos to 2 1/2 years apart. If your cycles are still out of whack (and that's not normal for you) it's possible you're not even ovulating yet. Try not to be too hard on yourself.

Good luck ttc- it will happen!

Michelle -mom to Katlyn 4/00 , Jake 3/02, and Seth 5/04
#9 of 12 Old 04-23-2003, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all of your baby vibes, ladies!

I feel much better about it today. I know I have to just be patient and that 4 months of ttc while nursing regularly isn't very long at all.

I don't know if charting will work for me only because I'm a total scatter brain and would never remember to do it at thesame time each day. I'll have to do some reading though.

Thanks again and lots of to you all!
#10 of 12 Old 04-26-2003, 07:07 PM

Mama2PudgyBunns...if your cycles are all over the place, I think that charting would be a good idea. Chances are, you are ovulating at different times, so it would be easy to miss.

My cycles were all over the place after dd2 (got AF back at 13 months post-partum and I'm tandeming nursing my 2 daughters). Really weird stuff...some 6-7 week cycles, some 3 week cycles. Even had a month of constant bleeding (checked it all out - it was to do with breastfeeding hormones).

Anyway, I'm now 20 weeks pregnant...about a week further along that I'd originally thought, as I'd ovulated early (for me). I always have 5 week cycles (when I'm regular), and my cycles were slowly moving back towards a 5 week pattern...so I just assumed I'd ovulated around day 21.

But at my scan, I was a week further along than I thought, so I must have ovulated early.

All of that to say - with irregular cycles, you could well be ovulating at odd times, so charting might help. Easier probably than trying to have sex every other night 'just in case'!
#11 of 12 Old 04-26-2003, 10:49 PM - Thread Starter

I've heard about TCOYF but are there some good on-line resources re: charting?

Thanks!
#12 of 12 Old 04-27-2003, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mama2PudgyBunns
I've heard about TCOYF but are there some good on-line resources re: charting?

Thanks!
I strongly recommend reading TCOYF first - I didn't, and I regret it. With that reservavation, some sites are
www.fertilityfriend.com
www.babymed.com
www.tcoyf.com

HTH

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page