Anyone used/heard of OvaCue?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-23-2003, 09:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Since I still haven't seen AF (it's been about 120 days now) and don't really want to go to chemicals to bring her 'round yet, I was thinking that maybe I should get a fertility monitor. I'd looked at some several months ago, and this one looks really great to me. OvaCue It monitors electrolite levels in your saliva and there's also a vaginal sensor that will confirm ovulation. The computer stores all the info and charts it for you and you can download the info you a PC to see the chart better. It seems pretty idiot-proof, and I think that's what I need now There's also a simpler one that just gives you the readings and you have to make the chart yourself that costs a bit less.

At first I thought it was a little extreme for TTC, but, though it hasn't been approved for BC yet, it could be used like FAM for avoiding pregnancy later, so it might not be such a bad investment.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here has used it, or knows anyone who has or just has an uneducated opinion

Thanx!

Robin~ single, work-at-home momma to my WonderBoys
YoungMan (6/00) & LittleBoy (6/04)
#2 of 4 Old 04-28-2003, 06:06 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Robin, I think it sounds interesting. My main question is this...
How soon before ovulation to you need to have intercourse? Is it just a matter of hours? Because if OvaCue starts telling you 7 days before, won't you start trying way too soon? I thought that was why the home LH tests were good, because they generally give you 24-36 hours, which is just the right amount of time.
I mean, do you start trying on the first day and then every day after that until it tells you you've ovulated? That's a whole lot of trying
Still, I'm nursing and TTC and we've been trying for 7 or 8 cycles now and it looks as though I'm ovulating according to FAM and LH tests, so this would be an interesting bit of data to add. Thanks for the link!
Steph
#3 of 4 Old 04-28-2003, 10:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
It tells you when you have a "cue peak" which is the peak in electrolyte levels that begins your fertile period. You ovulate 5-7 days after the cue peak, so you can either BD every other day until O or plan to just BD right before O. (IE, you get the peak at CD 12 and know you will O between CD17 and CD 19) You can confirm ovulation with the vaginal probe, so that you don't have to guess if you really did O on such and such CD and you would know that day (so if you did O on CD 17 you could relax). They have some pics of what the charts look like on the website, and it explains it a bit better than I can.

My favorite part is the confirmation of O, especially as a nursing mom. I know now that I'm cycling (CD3!!) but still don't know if I'm Oing.

I did decide to get it and it will be here on Thursday, so I'll post an update later and let you know how it's working

Robin~ single, work-at-home momma to my WonderBoys
YoungMan (6/00) & LittleBoy (6/04)
#4 of 4 Old 04-29-2003, 06:33 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
that's awesome but pricey.. I have the CPFM...

I'll be interested in hearing a review from you..

good luck

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page