EGCM, this question is pretty gross, beware! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-24-2003, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have never posted in this forum before cause hubby and I are not activly ttc until August. We just had a beautiful baby in February that took me 4 years to conceive, so my cycles have been weird in the past. I started my cycle on April 1.

Ok, so on April 14th I was on cd 14. I had some EWCM, but not too much and again on the 15th. Then, nothing on the 16th or the 17th, so dh and I bd on the 18 (just to be safe, we aren't trying to TTC until August) and naturally he OOPSed. Well, that afternoon I had a HUGE amount of EWCM, and I do mean huge, about 3-4 inches of the stuff flew off of the tp and onto my leg (I know that is gross, but I wanted to get the HUGEness across. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN????? Do you ovulate during, after or before EGCM occurs??? I am so confused and now pretty worried. Had some minor cramping on cd 20 and 21. I don't know what my cycles are, didn't have them for four years that I was ttc my ds. HELP!!!!!!!
:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2003, 01:54 PM

Hi
Try geting the book "taking charge of your fertility" it really helps to discribe what cm should look like. It's false to assume that all women O on cycle day 14. I never O until cd 18 or later. You should start out with sticky cm then move on to creamy cm some women don't get EW cm, but if you haven't had atleast 3 days of no cm at all then concider yourself still fertile.

Maybe you should try doing temps they can also tell when you have O'd, but it usually takes a cycle or two to see a patern.

I hope some of this helps. The book is better at expaining it than I am.

I would say that if Af dosen't show 2wks after you had the EWCM then take a test.

Pollyanna
Old 04-24-2003, 01:54 PM

Laura, are you sure that is wasn't seminal fluid that came out? If not, then I would say you were still in the fertile phase. You could ovulate yes, before, during or after the ewcm. Usually, just after it goes away. Sometimes a couple of days after. Even with good timing though there is only about a 25% chance that you would become pregnant this cycle.

Good luck and I hope things work out the way you want them to.

Mama to 13, and 10 and 4.
Old 04-24-2003, 03:07 PM

I agree that it is probably seminal fluid or your fluids from sex. Especially if you didn't notice any other CM.

But I also think that you should wait more then 2 dry days before you are not fertile. Most women ovulate right at the end of the EWCM.
The fertile mucous is made berfore you ovulate to keep any sperm alive until the egg gets there. So for three or four days of EWCM you are fertile, because that fluid can keep sperm alive and then you ovulate, and don't create as much mucus because the egg is right there and ready. Waiting until the evening of the 4th dry day is usually recommended to make sure that any eggs you have released are already gone and with no mucous any sperms will not survive long either.

If you are really planning on using your signs to avoid pregnancy you should probably get a book. I agree that TCOYF is one of the best. And I just asked for a copy at the trading post for my friend and had several cheap offers, pm if you want me to contact them.

User Tag List