Just a big blob! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-24-2003, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all,
I am new to this discussion forum. I am still breastfeeding my 19 month-old and have had no post-partum period but would like to conceive as soon as possible. I am definitely having cervical fluid changes in the last two weeks which I know is happening as my son weans more. I am trying to get an idea of what my body is trying to do based on my cervical fluid.
Well, right to it...the last two days I have pulled what looks like balls of rubbery snot away from my cervix! How do I even chart this??? It bears no resemblance to any fluid I've ever experienced.
Anyone with some insight or similar experience? Thanks and sorry for being so graphic!
#2 of 5 Old 04-25-2003, 12:55 AM

I don't know the answer to your question, but I do want to welcome you to the board, and hope your stay will be short and sweet!

Karen
#3 of 5 Old 04-25-2003, 01:17 AM

I can totally relate -- "Hello Rubber Cement!" I'm nursing my 17 ds and still have not started my periods again (hoping I catch the 1st egg). I had quite a few months of that and then eventually, it's become more liquid. I think it's just the way our bodies rev back up hormonally/cervicaly.

According to TCOYF, you should record it as "sticky." It's just a different version of sticky than what you're used to. That said -- it doesn't have an odor or itch does it?

Best wishes! Check out the nursing mama TTC link. There's a lot of us there.

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#4 of 5 Old 04-25-2003, 11:17 AM - Thread Starter

Well, I feel better knowing it's normal...no odor or itch...just the "rubber cement"...GOOD COMPARISON!!! That's EXACTLY what it's like!
Now I can tell DH not to be SOOOOO grossed out
No matter how you rationalize the "naturalness" of a big blob of snot, it can be quite...well....YUCKY!
Thanks for the input! I will check out the TTC nursing mama link!
#5 of 5 Old 04-25-2003, 12:11 PM

If it is like rubber cement....stretchy and probably clear...it's most likely Egg-White cm.....which is fertile stuff.

Congrats! I hope your ttc journey is very short!!

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page