The ONE Thread November 26-December 2 - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-01-2006, 04:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Happy friday everyone.

Just thought I'd come say hi. I have feelings like AF is about to start but she isn't due for over a week. It's a crampy upset belly feeling. I'm also really calm and super slow moving today. Not sure that it means anything but it's nice to be so relaxed. Our weather is super warm (it hit 80 yesterday) so the house is open with fans blowing and sun shining. Gotta love FL winters.

I am very artistic. I crochet and paint and I play lots of instruments. Lately I've been doing a lot of basic sewing and Greenegirl has offered to teach me to knit, which I'm very excited about.

I'm going to spend the time my son naps today sitting on the sofa watching TV for once instead of surfing the net the whole time like I usually do! I just feel so lazy today.

T

Tara - Mother to Curtis 12/04 and Clark 11/07
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2006, 04:10 PM

Holy crap! That's the fourth time since o that I've done that w/o even realizing it. My superstitious side is loving it.

T

Tara - Mother to Curtis 12/04 and Clark 11/07
Old 12-01-2006, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter

Changes made to here.

I have decided to stay at home today and just have a relaxing day-catch up on grad school work, do some laundry, vaccum, and settle down with a movie this evening. Aaaahhh...relaxing.

A supportive military wife and mama to my busy boy and sweet girl.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:40 PM

Fishie

That is a gorgeous chart! :

First insem done. Wahoo! We have this lovely new goddess stitch marker that I got in a yarn swap and so it's going to be our charm this time around. When we got pregnant with DS we had a great goddess card with us from a baby shower. So I think it's gotta help, right?

As for crafts: I'm a knitting fiend, but I like to do small projects for the gratification. I'm knitting half gloves right now (fingers are only half the regular length so you can type in them, etc). I've done some huge bulky mittens lately, slippers for DS, a chunky hat...I LOVE to knit -- learned when I was 6 at my Waldorf school. I'm also an occasional crafter in other domains, but only if a project calls (like making our wedding invitations).

be well all,
megin

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
Old 12-01-2006, 05:48 PM

Nicole, please move me to how can you bleed like that and not die?

: :

reared her ugly head only a bit more than a day and a half late. I can remember a time when I wouldn't even have noticed. Best of luck and to all of you, especially those who will be getting their bfps tomorrow.

I guess the best place for me until I can save up the $$$ to bring my donor up here is waiting to be ready
Old 12-01-2006, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noordinaryspider View Post

: :

reared her ugly head only a bit more than a day and a half late. I can remember a time when I wouldn't even have noticed. Best of luck and to all of you, especially those who will be getting their bfps tomorrow.

I guess the best place for me until I can save up the $$$ to bring my donor up here is waiting to be ready
I'm so sorry.

4 kids under 10
Old 12-01-2006, 06:23 PM

Quote:
I am sorry AF found you

Selectively vaxing, extended breastfeeding WOHM to Cjoy.gif (2/09), who was conceived naturally after TTC for 3 years and failed IVF.  TTC #3 in '11. Married to my best friend A love.gif.  Baby #2 angel1.gif (1/2011)
Old 12-01-2006, 06:55 PM

Sorry spider, that sucks.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:42 PM

Sorry, spider.

Meanwhile, I'm POOPKs just so I can look at a two lines Well, the OPK has a veeeery faint test line .... Hmmmm, OPK as HPT? Yeah, right, i finally threw out the HPT this morning because no amount of crossing my eyes while holding it up to a halogen bulb would show a line. And, this is only 7dpo. How ever will I get through 'til next Thursday?

OT: my sisters-in-law are dealing with hospice for my father-in-law. It looks like he won't even last until Christmas. I am so sad for my husband right now. We are so far away, and he won't be able to get up there until th 16th at the earliest, and there's no guarantee that he'll make it in time. I just don't want him to get the news over the phone while we're here in Costa Rica. What a sad Christmas this will be for us.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:07 PM

I'm so sorry, Spider
xoxo
Charlotte
Old 12-01-2006, 08:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Spider, so sorry AF found you.

Twilight Girl, I got a BFP (okay, a *little* positive!) at 9dpo with my 2nd DS. It was really faint, but having seen the "snow white" BFNs before, I just *knew* it was there - and now he's 2! So give it a *couple* more days and then you can feel completely justified in testing again! ReT, I'm so sorry to hear of your FIL's poor health! Hope the timing works out for all of you.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Old 12-01-2006, 08:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenegirl View Post
I decorate cakes. Here are some pictures of a wedding cake I made about a year and a half ago. I don't have any other pictures easily accessible online.
Lovely! I wish I was half so good at decorating cakes. My mom decorated cakes when I was growing up (her hands aren't up to it now), and I always loved it! (Of course, as a kid, I liked the ICING!) I have done cakes for my boys, of course, but nothing that actually requires *skill*. In fact, I confess, for my DS2's birthday, we ordered a really cute cake from a local bakery. Not so tasty as mine, but a lot cuter!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Old 12-01-2006, 09:50 PM

Hi everyone

Nicole: Thanks for the new thread.

I'm just s. And to let you all knows you are in my thoughts and prayers.

My DH has been discharged, and he's getting better everyday. But Oh mine, I'm so busy this day.

Well I'm using this opportunity to Congrats.!!! those pregnant mamas, and : for those in 2ww that their miracle will come.

Big to those who found and those with BFN.

: for everyone. Wishing you the best of luck.

Loadful of
Old 12-01-2006, 10:34 PM

My goodness! I was gone for a day, and came back to four full pages! (And I have it set to something like 30 posts on a page!) Fun to read everyone's updates.

Spider, sorry about . It sucks so bad to have your hopes up like that! s

Tashauna, your chart looks fabulous, woman! I have to admit to being a little green with envy! Are you testing tomorrow? Woo-hoo!

megincl hope evrything goes well. Go little swim team!

twilight girl, step away from the tests! Actually, I'm just giving you a hard time because you remind me of me!

And Frog, nothing like buying ahouse to take your mind off a tww! Hope everything goes smoothly- buying and selling can be such a pain!

As for me, I'm just , biding my time. I'm taking epo this cycle, and will probably work in some grapefruit juice closer to o time. *gag* This really is my favorite time of the cycle, because there's no obsessing to do. Just waiting.

And I have absolutely no crafting ability, although I appreciate it a lot. I'm actually a professional violinist, and have almost 30 violin and viola students ranging from age four to adult. My five year old dd plays also, and is doing quite well if I do say so myself.

Happy Friday!

Violin teaching, doula-ing Mom to Abby, (8) Ashlynn, (6) : and Max (11/13/08) Diagnosed with Metopic Craniosynostosis. First surgery 5/1/09, Second surgery March 2010.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:16 PM - Thread Starter

So who is testing tomorrow? I'm stalking several charts that look really good!

I am making myself hold out...I don't want to do it unless I think I have a pretty good chance at seeing a BFP.

A supportive military wife and mama to my busy boy and sweet girl.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:24 PM

I'm going to test tomorrow. I'll be 10 dpo. I don't have any hope for this cycle. My chart looks kind of pretty, but I feel the same way I do every month. I'm expecting it'll be a BFN, but that's not going to stop me from POAS!
Old 12-02-2006, 12:15 AM

Quote:
reared her ugly head only a bit more than a day and a half late. I can remember a time when I wouldn't even have noticed.
Oh spider, I'm so sorry. I had high hopes for you--your chart looked so promising.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:29 AM

I'm testing even though I will only be 6 DPO, I too just want to PO something. Next Saturday I'll be 13DPO so maybe I will really know then!
I can't wait to hear about all of the BFP tomorrow!!! :

To everone!
Old 12-02-2006, 02:13 AM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Oh Spider, what a fat sucky bummer. I'm so sorry.

Thank you all for your helpful advice. I'm at cd 31 over here, bfn, no AF & pretty clueless. You're right, I should link my chart again but I'll have to actually start temping regularly & such beforehand. I have had chronic insomnia my entire life & it seems to really affect my morning temps. Plus I'm nursing a 12 mo old which seems to be making all my girl STUFF totally WONKY & so my chart ends up looking stupid & have no pattern.

Anyway, done complaining. I'm just impatient. Gee, I wonder if anyone on this thread can understand that??

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
Old 12-02-2006, 02:31 AM

I, of course, will be participating in POASaturday tomorrow!!! I'll be 11 DPO. If BFN, I will NOT test again til NEXT Saturday.....I am SOOOOO nervous about testing tomorrow!!! OMG...maybe it's b/c my chart looks so good so I have let myself think that there MIGHT be something to be nervous about??? :

Twilight---so sorry to hear about your fil....as sad as it will be to see him go, perhaps there will be good news to follow, or precede....for every death there is a birth and vica versa

Spider---- I was hoping for you!!
Old 12-02-2006, 09:22 AM

I POAS this morning, and got a BFN.
Old 12-02-2006, 09:34 AM

I'm sorry Greenegirl.

I probably will not test tonight. I'm on cd 27, and spotting, but having a few symptoms. My boobs hurt (they never do during AF), and I feel nausous occassionally, and I'm super sensitive to smell to no end. However, I'm spotting. But it's weird spotting. Mostly brown tinged mucus, with a little red blood once in a while (sorry, TMI). Ack!! Why can't I just know already?
But I started taking Vitex, so if this is AF, that will just give the Vitex time to start working for next cycle, right? but, hopefully, I wont have to think about that!

Wife to D (12/03) and totally smitten Mama to DD (4/05) DS (2/09) and expecting DD#2  6/23/11
Old 12-02-2006, 09:59 AM

CONGRATS MANDY!!!

I can't wait to see your BFP - Fishie Kisses! Your chart looks way promising.

I'm hanging out waiting for some ..... come on everyone!
Old 12-02-2006, 10:16 AM

well I didn't poas this am~ I feel af~ she'll come today and my temps below cover Onto cycle 26:

fishie~~~~ where are you?? I realize youre probably still sleeping but wake up and poas already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :

natural birthin', baby catchin', cloth addicted, intactalactavist mama of 12/00, 6/03, 10/07, 8/10 & our angelcubs three
Old 12-02-2006, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabearsoblessed View Post
well I didn't poas this am~ I feel af~ she'll come today and my temps below cover Onto cycle 26:
I'm sorry to hear that! s
Old 12-02-2006, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabearsoblessed View Post

fishie~~~~ where are you?? I realize youre probably still sleeping but wake up and poas already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :
I'm sorry mamabear. That sucks.

4 kids under 10
Old 12-02-2006, 12:37 PM

Oh Fishie....

*taps foot impatiently*

Violin teaching, doula-ing Mom to Abby, (8) Ashlynn, (6) : and Max (11/13/08) Diagnosed with Metopic Craniosynostosis. First surgery 5/1/09, Second surgery March 2010.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:04 PM

I POAS today, I decided to stop using the Dollar Tree tests and bought a more expensive one from the store. Anyway, it is faint, but dh noticed it too, a + I am going on Monday to confirm it, so don't move over to BFP yet. As wonky as things have been this cycle, I want a blood test + to make it real first
Old 12-02-2006, 01:13 PM

Bleh! BFN this AM for me!!!! BUT, I woke up at 630 and had to pee sooooooo bad, but I was too tired to hunt for a test (and didn't want DH to know...it's gotta be a surprise ) so I peed anyway, figuring I'd go back to sleep for several hours. Well, that didn't happen so I just POAS a mere 2.5 later and nada....not even a faint somethiing to obsess over! I still think it'll happen, I just don't think it'll be til next weekend. The weird thing is I had 2 dreams last night. In the first one I got a BFP!! In the second, AF came. So we'll see which one really happens!! My temp dropped ever so slightly today...still just above the lowest temp since the second shift, and still WAY above the coverline!! So not giving up yet, and to be honest, I feel pregnant!! My lower abdomen is VERY firm feeling....but not like great abs, it's firm below the surface which I am pretty sure is how it's supposed to feel. Only time will tell though!!!

Mamabear-- I'm still hoping til she actually shows for you!!!!

ETA---I'm only 11DPO today, so next weekend will be a lot more accurate at 18DPO anyhow!!!!
Old 12-02-2006, 01:14 PM

Cyrus---CONGRATS!!!! Even though you're not being moved yet, congrats on your

User Tag List