The ONE Thread November 26-December 2 - Page 14 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#391 of 420 Old 12-02-2006, 12:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanguine_speed View Post
Just checking in...I'm on CD9 of my first cycle TTC. We bd'd on day 6 (twice) and day 8. I'm starting to do ovulation test strips today and we're leaving for Rome, Italy early next week. We hope to conceive there. I have heard, however, that traveling can cause delayed ovulation. Is this related to tiredness, stress or the actual altitude of flying, change in sleep schedules, or something else?
Does anyone know more about this?

i got pregnant with DD (a suprise baby) when i was on vacation in Hong Kong.....
#392 of 420 Old 12-02-2006, 12:25 PM

Ok, FF says that signs of implantation could be a dip, spotting, or a second sustained rise (triphasic). I clearly have the second sustained rise, but FF still has not said anything about triphasic AND still says no signs of implantation...I'm so confused!!!
#393 of 420 Old 12-02-2006, 12:28 PM

Congrats cyrusmama!! Can't wait to hear more on Monday

Fishie--> Sorry about the BFN, but like you said I'm sure it was too early to be testing with anything other than FMU. I'm sure we'll see a BFP from you yet!!

And now, a chapter from my book "Lessons on Communicating with Men":

1. Never assume to know what a man is thinking. Speak clearly and use small words.

Case in point, DH asked me last night where I was in my cycle. He wanted to know if I was still temping. I said yes. I said I'm pretty sure that I've already ovulated. He said, so it's not safe right now? I said, remember that conversation we had about a week ago when I told you I had not ovulated yet, and wasn't sure when I would? And then we made love, and you didn't, um, retract, and again two nights later?

He says, when you said you hadn't ovulated yet, I thought that meant it was safe. I said, ah the mysterious female body! Gave my scientist with a Master's Degree a lesson in female fertility.

So, the moral of the story is, don't presume that a man's actions mean something! I guess he didn't really change his mind, and he wasn't actually TTC...he thought he was TTA.

Ah, nothing like a misunderstanding to make week #2 of the 2WW seem eternal.

Happy weekend everyone
#394 of 420 Old 12-02-2006, 01:02 PM

I am sorry Spider! Sorry Fishie Kisses bout that bfn. Wait a while. I will never test that early again. I hate those bfn's!
#395 of 420 Old 12-02-2006, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter

Looks like there will be a big POAS party next Saturday!

A supportive military wife and mama to my busy boy and sweet girl.
#396 of 420 Old 12-02-2006, 01:16 PM

I am in for next Saturday. I will need to buy a test though because I used mine this morning at 6-7dpo Got a bfn of course. What was I thinking???

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
#397 of 420 Old 12-02-2006, 01:29 PM

:

I don't know what I was thinking either 6DPO! Well, I am up for POAS on Saturday. The box I bought last night had 3 test so one today one next saturdat at 13DPO and then when I get my BFP I'll have one left over!

Sorry to the BFN so far! And to those that still have hope!
#398 of 420 Old 12-02-2006, 01:35 PM

If hasn't shown then I'm also in for next Saturday.

btw:
CONGRATS cyrusmama!!! !!!
#399 of 420 Old 12-02-2006, 01:35 PM

Thanks susykat that makes me feel so much better.

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
#400 of 420 Old 12-02-2006, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's_Mommy View Post
i got pregnant with DD (a suprise baby) when i was on vacation in Hong Kong.....
Oh thanks! That does make me feel even a bit more hopeful. How Romantic!

4 kids under 10
#401 of 420 Old 12-02-2006, 02:00 PM

Oh Fishie you're making us all crazy! Now we will all have to wait another week to confirm what that beautiful chart is suggesting.

I will POAS--an OPK--next Saturday with you. I expect to O around Dec. 11 or 12.
#402 of 420 Old 12-02-2006, 03:27 PM

cyrusmama, I'm doing a little happy dance for you, here!
#403 of 420 Old 12-02-2006, 05:00 PM

Nothing new with me. Turned 24 yesterday AND I'm ENGAGED! YAY!
#404 of 420 Old 12-02-2006, 05:34 PM

Katie---Congrats on the engagement!!!!! I'll be 23 this month, so I kind of have a birthday buddy!

Looks like NEXT Sat will be the big day!!! There sure are a BUNCH of us testing then!! I sure so hope I get to move a WHOLE BUNCH of you!!!
#405 of 420 Old 12-02-2006, 10:03 PM

Thanks everyone! This is my 4th pregnancy. I have two boys right now...4 years old and 19 months. I had one m/c back in July 2004.

We are hoping for a girl! But if we get a boy...we would be just as happy. Just praying for a healthy baby.
#406 of 420 Old 12-02-2006, 10:53 PM

Congrats on the engagement Katie!!

Rachel femalesling.GIF, WAHM, Mom to guitar.gif DS (MAY/05), hearts.gifDD (AUG/07), and superhero.gif DS (JAN/10),  bfinfant.gif DD (JUL/12) Wife to the love of my life partners.gif(MAY/02),

#407 of 420 Old 12-02-2006, 11:10 PM

I'll be peeing on an opk next weekend... Not quite as exciting, but still participating in the grand event.

Fishie, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Violin teaching, doula-ing Mom to Abby, (8) Ashlynn, (6) : and Max (11/13/08) Diagnosed with Metopic Craniosynostosis. First surgery 5/1/09, Second surgery March 2010.
#408 of 420 Old 12-02-2006, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacymom View Post
I'll be peeing on an opk next weekend... Not quite as exciting, but still participating in the grand event.
Oh yay! A cycle buddy! CD 9 here; expecting to O around CD 18.
#409 of 420 Old 12-02-2006, 11:42 PM

Speaking of cycle buddies, is anyone currently on CD10? I'm looking for a buddy. My cycles average 28.8 days.

So, currently on CD10, just took my first dose of Robitussin (EWWWWW--I haven't taken cough syrup for YEARS cause it's disgusting). I've been drinking green tea almost daily since CD1 (having one right now!). I am not temping, but I'm checking CM and cervical position. Today I noticed a welcome and marked change in my CM; from dry and sparse to creamy and abundant. My cervix is high, but not very soft. BDing on day 6, 6, 8, 9, and later tonight .
I started OPKs yesterday. Negative today and yesterday.

Congrats on the few BFPs and I look forward to all the POAS coming up!

4 kids under 10
#410 of 420 Old 12-02-2006, 11:46 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
I typed this earlier today but the baby came up & turned the power off the computer.

Cyrusmama, congratulations!! :

Moongypsy, congratulations on your engagement! I'm recently engaged myself. Have fun wedding planning!!!

I'm on cd32, no af or bfp, still clueless about everything but blame it on breastfeeding. I'm still testing now & again with Dollar Tree tests & obsessing over every twinge. I felt a bit of queasiness today & wondered "could it be..???" I did start temping & charting again yesterday. My chart is really funny looking. See?http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/10f355
Very informative, 'eh?

Alegna, what's going on with you?? We seem to be cycle buddies! Are you nursing, too?

Twilight girl, that sucks! Men are dorks. I had a semi similar conversation with DP last week when I asked me "how determined" I am to conceive soon & I was all "Um, VERY??!! What do you think we've been doing???" To which he replied "Oh, then maybe I should take a break from 'wasting my seed' every day." He is a multi-O man who, ahem, releases himself several times a day. "Yes, dear! You should take a break! I'D like those 'seeds' thanks!!": Um, duh.

Funny how men just don't obsess anywhere near the level that we do.

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
#411 of 420 Old 12-03-2006, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneau View Post
Oh yay! A cycle buddy! CD 9 here; expecting to O around CD 18.
I'm on CD10, but I anticipate Oing earlier than you. Maybe we'll end up POAS together !:

4 kids under 10
#412 of 420 Old 12-03-2006, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjande View Post
My chart is really funny looking. See?http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/i...ttc/index.php&
Very informative, 'eh?
This code took me to my page. Go to sharing anf then home page setup. Thats the link you want to use.

Things here have been....: 8dpo and my temps are still up, but all week either me or the baby have been sick. There is nothing quite like spending the day with the porcelain god to make the 2ww go by faster. Congrats to all the mommys with BFP and hugs to all those that AF found or with bfn.
#413 of 420 Old 12-03-2006, 12:28 AM - Thread Starter

Well, in anticipation of next Saturday (trying to stay positive), I ordered 10 HPTs online, plus 40 OPKs. (It was actually my DH's idea!) I really, really just wanted to "let things happen," but I'm starting to wonder if I'm really ovulating. Hopefully all those OPKs can go to waste; however, if it will be nice to have them next cycle if I need them.

To add to my doctor's drama from the other day-I requested a referral to an OB/GYN who was highly recommended to me because of his expertise with endometriosis. So I get a letter today from the original doctor's office and they scheduled me for an appointment with a totally different OB/GYN physician's group! I did not ask them to schedule an appointment and now I have to call the OB/GYN group and cancel the appointment. Now, I have to go back through the process of getting a totally new referral since they screwed up! I hate to rant on here, but I'm seriously sick of this doctor's office. My DH and I are considering switching types of insurance-we'd pay more out of pocket, but it might be worth not having to go through all this every time I need specialty care. Okay, end of rant.

Congrats on today's BFP and I can't wait for this next Saturday!

#414 of 420 Old 12-03-2006, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy-X-2 View Post
This code took me to my page. Go to sharing anf then home page setup. Thats the link you want to use.
Sorry about that. Is it working now? (Not that there's anything to see!)

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
#415 of 420 Old 12-03-2006, 12:38 AM

So, should I POAS tomorrow morning? I'll be 12 or 13 dpo. I was going to wait until monday, which would be CD28, because I have 28 day cycles. But you all know, I'm obsessing...

Tis the season, for hot apple cider!
#416 of 420 Old 12-03-2006, 01:11 AM

sanguine, try holding your nose while you take the Robitussin, then for a bit after you swallow. Made all the difference for me!

Well, our offer was accepted on the new house, which turtle has named the hatchery.

Next step: securing financing for the purchase. There's no reason that won't go well and, when it does, we hope to close on December 21.
#417 of 420 Old 12-03-2006, 02:02 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenOfThePride View Post
So, should I POAS tomorrow morning? I'll be 12 or 13 dpo. I was going to wait until monday, which would be CD28, because I have 28 day cycles. But you all know, I'm obsessing...
Wait until our party next Saturday!

#418 of 420 Old 12-03-2006, 02:31 AM

geeez, I don't know how you guys can stand to wait!! QOTP, I got my bfp with ds2 on 12dpo. Just knowing that it's humanly possible to get a bfp so early has me testing nonstop starting at 10dpo. But then I don't call myself a POASaholic for nothin'.

Good luck with whatever day you decide to test!! :

#419 of 420 Old 12-03-2006, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjande View Post
I'm on cd32, no af or bfp, still clueless about everything but blame it on breastfeeding. I'm still testing now & again with Dollar Tree tests & obsessing over every twinge. I felt a bit of queasiness today & wondered "could it be..???" I did start temping & charting again yesterday. My chart is really funny looking. See?http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/10f355
Very informative, 'eh?

Alegna, what's going on with you?? We seem to be cycle buddies! Are you nursing, too?
I have a hard time keeping up on this thread.... Yeah, nursing tons- right now as a matter of fact We see, to be in the same place- I managed not to test today but got some different tests at Target. If the dollar store test is still neg. tomorrow with first morning pee and still no sign of af I'll do a target test... see if there's any difference...

sigh, I'm no good at waiting.

-Angela
#420 of 420 Old 12-03-2006, 02:41 AM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page