The ONE Thread November 26-December 2 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 420 Old 11-27-2006, 11:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know that one temp on its own doesnt mean much, but this mornings temp was 98.1 which is an all time high for me! Dang it, now I'm all excited and wanting to pee on every stick in sight at 9 DPO...

Becky(40)~ wifey to Keith(43), mama to Z(19), A(15), L(2), and baby Levi 5/19/10, bonus mom to D(18)
#62 of 420 Old 11-27-2006, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter

Changes made to here.

A supportive military wife and mama to my busy boy and sweet girl.
#63 of 420 Old 11-27-2006, 11:23 AM

A little OT, but I am so guilty of those "real dreams" even to the point where Matt will ask what I dreamed about when I'm a grump in the morning.
#64 of 420 Old 11-27-2006, 11:34 AM

Too funny Moongypsy!
I usually wake up wanting to either hit him or sobbing about "promise me you'll never leave . . . " and he's totally confused. Well, actually, now he knows what's going on, but the first few times he was all WTF?!?! Because that's totally unlike me, and I'm there accusing him of something totally unlike him when he's fast asleep!

Totally off-topic, but 2 more days and I'll have been here for that time-post requirement and have access to TAO!! I was a member here years ago, before the requirement, and since forgot my log-in, no longer have that e-mail, etc., so I've been chomping at the bit to get back into that forum. It was so much fun!
#65 of 420 Old 11-27-2006, 12:48 PM

Stacymom: I am so sorry. I had my fingers crossed for you.

My dh is a sweetheart. I got up this morning and he told me that he made a travel mug of RRL tea for me. He even put it in his favorite travel mug. Darling, isn't he? Unfortunately, he LOVES coffee and now my RRL tea has this odd old coffee flavor. With each sip, I remind myself that my dh is a doll, but yuck!

I don't generally have bad dreams, but weird, weird, weird. I got up this morning after dreaming that I was already cd18 and thinking, "wow, that came fast." That wasn't the weird part. Now you all have to promise not to think I'm insane . . . ok? Later in the dream, there was a half baby, half Cheshire cat and a 4 ft tall baby gate at the stairs. I was doing volunteer work and realized that I wasn't wearing matching underwear. I don't know why that was important unless I was volunteering as a lingerie model. It continued to be weird with community swimming pools, large assemblies in auditoriums, and all sorts of other madness. I can say this: I am crazy! Happy Monday.
#66 of 420 Old 11-27-2006, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter

Is it just me or is RRL tea gross? I have to admit that I'm not really a tea drinker, but I did make a cup of RRL the other night and seriously had to choke it down. But then again, I've been feeling pukey for the last couple of days so maybe it has more to do with that?

OT, but I am totally procrastinating today on graduate school work. I'll be so glad to be done with this semester! I think I'm going to procrastinate further by heading to the post office to mail my HH package.

#67 of 420 Old 11-27-2006, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole! View Post
Is it just me or is RRL tea gross?
I know that some people aren't crazy about it. To me it tastes like a blend of black and green teas. I sometimes put a cinnamon stick in it to change the flavor or will steep it with a nice herbal tea (Red Zinger).
#68 of 420 Old 11-27-2006, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

The cinnamon stick in it sounds good-I think I'll try that today. Thanks!

#69 of 420 Old 11-27-2006, 01:18 PM

I had a dream last night that I got a BFP, but when I tested this morning, I got a BFN. To top it off, FF took away my lines - O date and coverline.

Me (35) * DH (33) * DS (8) * (01/27/08) * DD (10 mos) * (06/26/10)
#70 of 420 Old 11-27-2006, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazeleyes View Post
I had a dream last night that I got a BFP, but when I tested this morning, I got a BFN. To top it off, FF took away my lines - O date and coverline.
#71 of 420 Old 11-27-2006, 01:53 PM

so sorry hazeleyes. I think ff is a beast.

please move me to waiting to O Af arrived on 6dpo day after thanksgiving. : I'm going to see an energy healer hopefully this month. I've seen her work near miracles in some of the most skeptical people i know. I have a lot of issues from childhood that i am afraid were, and are, affecting my fertility. Wish me luck.

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#72 of 420 Old 11-27-2006, 01:57 PM

Hi all,
Nicole please move me to WAITING TO KNOW!
I read all the news and feel dizzy trying to sort it out.

WHERE AM I?
I spent a week holding new born babies which totally stirred up my desire to have one. I was fit to melt and split on the flight home. On top of it I got a surge extrememly early day 10..usually happens day 14 for me and I was far away from the sperm I needed. So flying home feeling totally out of it I had a delay in Chicago fromthe pay phone I called my partner and fought and cried and worried in the Chicago airport. (3.5 hour delay ugg)

Everyone listened as I cried and ranted and raved on the pay phone as people waited to get on flights and just waited. We decided that maybe we weren't too late and that we would thaw some sperm and do an insemination when I landed. I arrived at 1 am we went for it. We burned some sage and lit a candle and now we are hoping for the best. After much poking around( I was afraid he would puncture my cervix...ugg) my patient partner found the entrance to the cervix and inserted that sperm right in there. I did the trick of having a very full bladder so the cervix canal was easier to access.

CROSS YOUR DIGITS FOR US EVERYONE and dang it GO LITTLE SWIM TEAM GO!
So now here I am back in the dreaded TWO WEEK WAIT> maybe with a hope and a prayer it will work this time.

Glad to have this group to post to. HELLO again to all and sending good energy out to everyone of you.

TENK I saw you on the BFP NOVEMBER congrats YIPPEEEE!

Shane
#73 of 420 Old 11-27-2006, 02:00 PM

Hi everone. Im at work and just wanted to stop by and say hello.....AF is due on the 1st so we will see if she arrives.

Hope everyone has a good day
#74 of 420 Old 11-27-2006, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole! View Post
Is it just me or is RRL tea gross? I have to admit that I'm not really a tea drinker, but I did make a cup of RRL the other night and seriously had to choke it down. But then again, I've been feeling pukey for the last couple of days so maybe it has more to do with that?

I remember really hating the taste of it during muy first pregnancy and having trouble choking it down. The funny thing is that now it "tastes like pregnancy" to me and sometimes I'll drink a cup of it even when I'm not TTCn because it brings back such good memories.

Getting older is like that sometimes.
#75 of 420 Old 11-27-2006, 02:12 PM

Could you please move me to the WTF list!! I am so tired of my stupid body not working!! I had no problem getting prego with dd and no I cant even o:
#76 of 420 Old 11-27-2006, 02:22 PM

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Shane's Swim Team!
#77 of 420 Old 11-27-2006, 02:46 PM

: subbing
Thanks for the wonderful new thread Nicole!

to all who were found by AF or are just feeling down.

As for me I am on CD 6, cycle 4. Blah.
#78 of 420 Old 11-27-2006, 03:37 PM

I don't drink straight RRL tea, but I lovelovelove The Mother's tea from Compleat Mother.
#79 of 420 Old 11-27-2006, 03:46 PM

I like to steep my RRL with a bag of mint tea...Mmmmmm good that way! Sometimes add nettles to it too.
#80 of 420 Old 11-27-2006, 03:51 PM

I have RRL tea, but haven't been drinking it. My understanding of what I read was that you shouldn't drink it while TTC or during the first trimester because it can cause contractions of the uterus which could cause problems. I can't remember where I came across that information, however. Is that not correct?
#81 of 420 Old 11-27-2006, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noordinaryspider View Post
Hi, Megin, and congratulations on being back here. I get my cheapie OPKs and HPTs from http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com and they're about as much as Dollar Tree tests (less if you buy more of them) but more sensitive and without all the plastic crap.

It looks like your adventure will be beginning just as mine ends. Best of luck to both of you and if your donor is who I think he is (Sean), he's a real gem.

Thanks for this info. Our donor is not Sean, but there's a Sean in his life...hmm...he IS however, a completel gem!!! (I mean, it's pretty profound for a guy to be willing to fly across the country to give us his goods, isn't it? I'm in awe quite often...).

Shane...good luck with your swim team. That whole insem timing thing is nutty. : As a good friend says, it's "for the birds!"

Be well all,
megin (T-3 days)

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#82 of 420 Old 11-27-2006, 04:00 PM

Sorry StacyMom, and hazeleyes WTF? :

Spider your chart still looks good! :

I think I am going to take an unintentional break this month, unless O comes a bit earlier than she has been, since dh will be traveling for three critical days. Ugh.

For those who have done at-home insems, how does that work? I suppose that would be a possibility for us this month if I knew how to do it. I hate to let even one month go by at this stage of the game.
#83 of 420 Old 11-27-2006, 04:03 PM - Thread Starter

Changes made to here.

#84 of 420 Old 11-27-2006, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenegirl View Post
I have RRL tea, but haven't been drinking it. My understanding of what I read was that you shouldn't drink it while TTC or during the first trimester because it can cause contractions of the uterus which could cause problems. I can't remember where I came across that information, however. Is that not correct?
I heard the same thing, but mostly from the medical establishment that really doesn't know what to make of RRL. Many, many midwives suggest that even newly pg women drink RRL b/c it does tone the uterus. Only if you are prone to miscarriage do they usually say that you should avoid it.

The RRL does not cause contractions, but when you are having contractions, it makes them more coordinated, more effective. I don't drink tons though. Once I'm in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters I'll probably drink more, but first we have to make the baby.
#85 of 420 Old 11-27-2006, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneau View Post
For those who have done at-home insems, how does that work? I suppose that would be a possibility for us this month if I knew how to do it. I hate to let even one month go by at this stage of the game.
We use frozen sperm--if that's what you're doing (I can't remember...), I'd be happy to walk you through how we do the insems at home. Otherwise, I can't imagine I'll be much help.
#86 of 420 Old 11-27-2006, 04:06 PM

I am out... Nicole... Please move me to Waiting to O. I have started to spot and I will probably count tomorrow as day one. I am doing pretty good today. I feel good and I have high hopes for December.

Here are some big to everyone that needs it!

Good luck shane & megincl! & Everyone o'ing or tww!

jillybeans ~ hugs to you! I posted on the other thread about Reiki... please Pm if you are interested.

Rachel femalesling.GIF, WAHM, Mom to guitar.gif DS (MAY/05), hearts.gifDD (AUG/07), and superhero.gif DS (JAN/10),  bfinfant.gif DD (JUL/12) Wife to the love of my life partners.gif(MAY/02),

#87 of 420 Old 11-27-2006, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneau View Post
Sorry StacyMom, and hazeleyes WTF? :

Spider your chart still looks good! :

I think I am going to take an unintentional break this month, unless O comes a bit earlier than she has been, since dh will be traveling for three critical days. Ugh.

Well, I'll let Frog be the expert on frozen sperm.

We use fresh donor sperm over here...If you are using your husband's sperm, here are a few thoughts: Live sperm can live up to 72 hours in your cervix, fallopian tubes, etc, so even if he is leaving prior to projected O, you still have a chance.

There are expensive sperm shipping methods like Bio Tranz that have a process that cools the sperm but doesn't freeze it. You could probably get the kit and just not ship the sperm but use their cooling devices. Folks have reported spotty success with that, though. Other than that, hope for early O?

I know how hard waiting a cycle is. It feels like an eternity! (we just did that...oy! : )

good luck!
megin

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#88 of 420 Old 11-27-2006, 04:53 PM

noordinary : for you looks like your temp is on the way back up. Keep up the Progesterone until and if af shows.

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
#89 of 420 Old 11-27-2006, 04:55 PM

Thanks for the sympathies everyone. Glad to know there are a binch of women who know what this feels like! It's a cruel thing, you know. It's like the universe it taunting you by saying "Ha! You're not pregnant! Now have some wicked menstrual cramps just to make it worse!" :

Still feeling pretty grumpy at the world today. I'm eating some Ben and Jerry's though, so that's making me feel a little better. I'm at the point where I'm wondering if its time to start seeking medical help or advice. We don't have any coverage for any kind of infertility stuff, and all of my charts so far show a clear o pattern, so I'm not sure what the next step is. I also have a huge inherent distrust of ob/gyns and I worry that none of them will even give me the time of day because I've been pregnant three times. (first pregnancy was a m/c) But at the same time, don't they say that if you're charting and don't get pregnant relatively quickly, you should start seeking assistance?

Jilly and RachelS, sorry about . She's a bit busy this week!

Shane and Frog, hope the swim teams are doing their job!

Oh, and Frog, crazy reality dreams like that are one of my first signs of pregnancy.

Violin teaching, doula-ing Mom to Abby, (8) Ashlynn, (6) : and Max (11/13/08) Diagnosed with Metopic Craniosynostosis. First surgery 5/1/09, Second surgery March 2010.
#90 of 420 Old 11-27-2006, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacymom View Post
I also have a huge inherent distrust of ob/gyns and I worry that none of them will even give me the time of day because I've been pregnant three times. (first pregnancy was a m/c) But at the same time, don't they say that if you're charting and don't get pregnant relatively quickly, you should start seeking assistance?
Maybe see about consulting with a midwife? That's what we're doing and I'm very happy with the level of "intervention" we're receiving. She pays attention to my charts, recommends supplements and timing ideas and is just generally supportive and knowledgable.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page